• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boots, you ever have an affinity for old SEGA arcade games? This book was really enjoyable, and if you like em and like lookin at stuff, this is worth buying.

CdfkqbW.jpg

They did one about Adventure Games before this that was REALLY good and exhaustive, if you ever been pointin' and clickin' I highly recommend it. Turned me on to Phantasmagoria 2, which is a charming and horrible and awesome game.

Boots, you ever have an affinity for old SEGA arcade games? This book was really enjoyable, and if you like em and like lookin at stuff, this is worth buying.

They did one about Adventure Games before this that was REALLY good and exhaustive, if you ever been pointin' and clickin' I highly recommend it. Turned me on to Phantasmagoria 2, which is a charming and horrible and awesome game.

Oh wow, thanks for the recommendation, I'll check both those out - I loved a lot of SEGA's arcade output back in the day and loved even more that they took that ethos with them to home consoles. I'm pretty proud of my Dreamcast/Saturn/32x/MegaCD/MegaDrive collection, check it;

http://backloggery.com/Bootaaay

Never did get around to the Master System, for some reason.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow, thanks for the recommendation, I'll check both those out - I loved a lot of SEGA's arcade output back in the day and loved even more that they took that ethos with them to home consoles. I'm pretty proud of my Dreamcast/Saturn/32x/MegaCD/MegaDrive collection, check it;

http://backloggery.com/Bootaaay

Never did get around to the Master System, for some reason.

If you're the type of person who likes to compare images from the arcade release vs all the other ports games got, the Arcade Classics book is dope. It has a lot of history in it too so there's substance, but man, I love seeing the differences between the versions.

Gasp! You never finished Seaman? Man that game was insane. Loved it.

jred2k

I remember Professor Beef and Dragonzord dying and I think Sokantish might have died as well. I'm guess or dear departed and returned are on THE DEAD.

tm24

Fuck, Sokantish. Someone's gonna get put through something. Though #teammask vs The dead is secretly a battle of theme songs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So who's who than, as far as revealed people go?

Revealed new arrivals lists:

Frankman (no team announced)
Heel (MMA-GAF)
Can Crusher (MMA-GAF)
Lambda Piscium (MMA-GAF)
Professor Beef (no team announced)
Queen of Thorns (no team announced)
Mr. Luchador (#teammask)
tm24 (#teammask)
Master Kwon15 (#teammask)
Net_Wrecker (Total Nonstop Abuse)

Returning arrivals:
Bootaaay (PPPP)
B-Arthur (no team announced)
Shark Johnson (no team announced)
Mr. Sandman (Total Nonstop Abuse)
Entropia (Total Nonstop Abuse)
Pepsi City (Nice Guys)
FallingEdge (Nice Guys)
McNei1y (Nice Guys)
Sokantish

Upcoming:
dmczaf
jamie od
????
????? ??????
?? ??? ????
????????

Edit: Sokantish is not dead, he did not die in GWF canon

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
More information about the Laserfrog Retirement Memorial Jr. Sr. Grand Prix Mega Super Cup Deluxe:

All matches are 3v3 matches. Elimination-style. If a team wins their match with 2 members eliminated, the team will be restored to all 3 for the next match, ensuring a fair matchup.

The winning of the Mega Super Cup Deluxe will need to decide on which of their team members will challenge Soulplaya for the new belt that is being crafted at GWF headquarters.

No matches are works, these are all legit shoots with the participants going into business for themselves. After the Cup has been completed, the winning team gets one week to decide who represents them for the title. In real-time. In this very thread. So you'll have to decide in front of your peers. The next GWF will have that title bout, and Laserfrog will present the winner with the belt.

Expect some surprises as well...

Guys, you should sign up to the jred2k newsletter, it has all the scoops. I signed up to it, and I know all the scoops now, which has made me smarter, more popular with my friends and made me more sexually attractive to beautiful women.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reminds me - what happened to Spider From Mars? :|

Entropia

No One Remembers
More information about the Laserfrog Retirement Memorial Jr. Sr. Grand Prix Mega Super Cup Deluxe:

All matches are 3v3 matches. Elimination-style. If a team wins their match with 2 members eliminated, the team will be restored to all 3 for the next match, ensuring a fair matchup.

The winning of the Mega Super Cup Deluxe will need to decide on which of their team members will challenge Soulplaya for the new belt that is being crafted at GWF headquarters.

No matches are works, these are all legit shoots with the participants going into business for themselves. After the Cup has been completed, the winning team gets one week to decide who represents them for the title. In real-time. In this very thread. So you'll have to decide in front of your peers. The next GWF will have that title bout, and Laserfrog will present the winner with the belt.

Expect some surprises as well...

TNA unstoppable.

(Also did I miss something, I haven't see LaserFrog around in awhile?)

Alucard

Banned
How much is it for Hulu+? And is it available in Canada? Really want to watch NXT at this point. Sounds like the best thing going in terms of pro wrestling right now.

And yes, I'm too lazy to look up the info on my own.

jred2k

How much is it for Hulu+? And is it available in Canada? Really want to watch NXT at this point. Sounds like the best thing going in terms of pro wrestling right now.

And yes, I'm too lazy to look up the info on my own.

http://o.canada.com/2013/05/08/how-to-get-hulu-plus-in-canada/

Thats a guide on how to subscribe to Hulu+ in Canada. I'm not sure how well it works cause I haven't tried it out yet. If you have a PVR you could set it to record on The Score. They show NXT Thursdays at 8 and Friday at 6.

somedevil

Thursday's TNA Impact Wrestling television show did not crack the top 100 shows in the adults 25-54 demographic, according to a listing at Zap2It.com.

That Rampage boost!! They shouldn't have put him up against game 1 of the NBA final. A total bomb for Impact.

strobogo

Banned
Revealed new arrivals lists:

Frankman (no team announced)
Heel (MMA-GAF)
Can Crusher (MMA-GAF)
Lambda Piscium (MMA-GAF)
Professor Beef (no team announced)
Queen of Thorns (no team announced)
Mr. Luchador (#teammask)
tm24 (#teammask)
Master Kwon15 (#teammask)
Net_Wrecker (Total Nonstop Abuse)

Returning arrivals:
Bootaaay (PPPP)
B-Arthur (no team announced)
Shark Johnson (no team announced)
Mr. Sandman (Total Nonstop Abuse)
Entropia (Total Nonstop Abuse)
Pepsi City (Nice Guys)
FallingEdge (Nice Guys)
McNei1y (Nice Guys)
Sokantish

Upcoming:
dmczaf
jamie od
????
????? ??????
?? ??? ????
????????

Edit: Sokantish is not dead, he did not die in GWF canon

PCF3vp0.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Haha, you weren't kidding! Big Daddy finishes him off in just over a minute. Although I did like seeing him perform what I'm going to call the 'Samoan Flop';

ibueQznzqEbW49.gif

It's pretty mind blowing that wrestling was ever big enough in this country to sell out Wembley - wish I could have experienced that era, as I doubt it'll ever recapture those heights again.

An amazing move. Personally though my favourite was always the belly bounce with a cocky stroll after. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA5dt4z7BmI&feature=player_detailpage#t=203s

Summerslam 92 makes me so jealous. I wish I could say 'I WAS THERE', but instead all I can say is... I have that on VHS...

I WAS THERE! Was amazing, even if I could barely see anything because we were ground level, the crowd and what parts were presentable or shown were all a joy to my young heart then. I doubt British wrestling will ever get to such levels of Wembly 79 (or even 81), but I'm not sure even anything short of Wrestlemania could reach the heights of attendance and investment by fans.

Though honestly One Night Only was a much better event for me because I could actually see the damn ring. Almost made up for dealing with getting stuck in Birmingham and my dad screaming at the traffic.

What are they doing to Cesaro's attire? He doesn't even come out in a jacket. Just plain blue trunks.

Frank Gotch and "throwback to classic wrestlers of the past without being specific".

So who here is getting a Xbox One?

Never getting one personally. I don't want to be told I can't play my games because an outside source can't authenticate it and I want to be able to play my games in 10 to 15 years after the fact even if online services are no longer active.

Sony better not screw it up with PS4.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stro you are 100% confirmed as a returning member

Top Bottom