• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

DMczaf

Revealed new arrivals lists:

Frankman (no team announced)
Heel (MMA-GAF)
Can Crusher (MMA-GAF)
Lambda Piscium (MMA-GAF)
Professor Beef (no team announced)
Queen of Thorns (no team announced)
Mr. Luchador (#teammask)
tm24 (#teammask)
Master Kwon15 (#teammask)
Net_Wrecker (Total Nonstop Abuse)

Returning arrivals:
Bootaaay (PPPP)
B-Arthur (no team announced)
Shark Johnson (no team announced)
Mr. Sandman (Total Nonstop Abuse)
Entropia (Total Nonstop Abuse)
Pepsi City (Nice Guys)
FallingEdge (Nice Guys)
McNei1y (Nice Guys)
Sokantish

Upcoming:
dmczaf
jamie od
????
????? ??????
?? ??? ????
????????

Edit: Sokantish is not dead, he did not die in GWF canon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8IebYyt_Ag

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, I'm rooting for MMA-GAF.

They're a good crew, I can't blame you. Lots to cheer for in the Laserfrog Retirement Final Series Jr. Sr. Grand Prix Ultimate ULTIMATE Superfight Skillset Cup

Razorskin

----- ------
tumblr_mnwa4q1CNY1sup09vo1_500.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

These are so damn good.

strobogo

Banned
Nice guys, it's said they always finish last
but bad-asses, always kicking asshole's ass

...well those lyrics are pretty bad but you get the idea, YOU'RE GONNA PAY.

Second best Taker theme after the awesome guitar heavy version he used in 1998. Props also to the Corporate Ministry theme. So much better than the boring version he's been using since 2004. The guitar one would fit way better with his Super Shredder look, I think.

Stro you are 100% confirmed as a returning member

nag_01.gif

BatistaFlair.gif

It's ok. Net Wrecker has moved on to a new wrecking crew. He doesn't need your support anymore.

I'm rooting for them because Sunflower is hell-bent on character assassination for me and ***_*******. He's a modern-day Vince McMahon, and the Beef_Wreckers are just two guys who didn't originate in his company.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm rooting for them because Sunflower is hell-bent on character assassination for me and ***_*******. He's a modern-day Vince McMahon, and the Beef_Wreckers are just two guys who didn't originate in his company.

I did everything you wanted. "I don't want to be a cosplayer" okay well I killed you, isn't that what you wanted? Now the stars say to put you in, and now I can't re-kill the dead Beef.

strobogo

Banned
Unrelated to Batista gifs:

tumblr_lxym1a2suD1qfrg5po1_500.gif

LL

These actually came up as I was looking for Batista gifs.

I totally marked out when I saw Daniels in that GE lightbulb commercial.

I did everything you wanted. "I don't want to be a cosplayer" okay well I killed you, isn't that what you wanted? Now the stars say to put you in, and now I can't re-kill the dead Beef.

It'd be amazing if Beef was a human can of refried beef.

Personally, I'm rooting for MMA-GAF.

so should everyone. you know why, Professor Beef?

Perspicacity, McNei1y, and FallingEdge have 3 things in common amongst themselves: they're weak, they kiss ugly babies and HUG FAT CHICKS!!!

well, Team MMA AIN'T ABOUT THAT LIFE!!!

Nice Guys, here's something you need to know before we have our match: we're predators, we're HUNTERS, on the prowl, looking for prey and we have found it.
3 soft, confused and afraid amateurs, ready to fall right into our claws.
you see, this goes beyond a simple 3-on-3 match, we want more than an 1 2 3 pin, we want more than a submission victory, we want more than a countout, a KO, broken table... what WE want is YOUR HEADS over our fireplace!!!

and when people see them they'll ask "but Team MMA, what did Nice Guys do to you to deserve such fate??!?" and we will answer...

... "they showed up".

*drops mic*

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man I love Doakes.

so should everyone. you know why, Professor Beef?

Perspicacity, McNei1y, and FallingEdge have 3 things in common amongst themselves: they're weak, they kiss ugly babies and HUG FAT CHICKS!!!

well, Team MMA AIN'T ABOUT THAT LIFE!!!

Nice Guys, here's something you need to know before we have our match: we're predators, we're HUNTERS, on the prowl, looking for prey and we have found it.
3 soft, confused and afraid amateurs, ready to fall right into our claws.
you see, this goes beyond a simple 3-on-3 match, we want more than an 1 2 3 pin, we want more than a submission victory, we want more than a countout, a KO, broken table... what WE want is YOUR HEADS over our fireplace!!!

and when people see them they'll ask "but Team MMA, what did Nice Guys do to you to deserve such fate??!?" and we will answer...

... "they showed up".

*drops mic*

Better than anything I could come up with backstage. All promos are unscripted! Nothing is off limits! This is gold, Jerry!

TNA stables never really fall apart, they just stop hanging out together when they lose the big feud ending match. So one week a guy is a member of let's say the Main Event Mafia, then the next week he's not. It's a problem TNA always fall for when they do major heel groups. It's been like that in WCW too. All versions of the nWo just simply faded away rather than suffer absolute defeat or destruction at the hands of the faces.
Oh alright. Thanks a bunch man. It crossed my mind since they mentioned immortal a couple times.

Boots, you ever have an affinity for old SEGA arcade games? This book was really enjoyable, and if you like em and like lookin at stuff, this is worth buying.

CdfkqbW.jpg

They did one about Adventure Games before this that was REALLY good and exhaustive, if you ever been pointin' and clickin' I highly recommend it. Turned me on to Phantasmagoria 2, which is a charming and horrible and awesome game.
Thanks for posting this. I may check this out. I have the capcom classics with SF 1, captain commando, final fight, in it.

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Lambda Piscium, you try. You try so hard to make these comments, to claim that you are "not about that life." Well, let me explain to you what you really are. Nothing more than a pathetic street urchin, trying to get by on our good name. You claim to be hunters? Hunters of what exactly? We know for sure it isn't class.

*ha ha ha*

Soft? I think you have us confused with your jello-like physique. We need to call Bill Cosby on your pudding pop ass. You see Team MMA, it isn't you. Really, you are just a small insignificant ant, a spec of dirt on our way to the top. Yes we are nice, so nice even. But don't cross us. Be afraid of the viciousness that is Perspicacity "The Beast" Beast. Be afraid of the killer instinct of "Never Say Die" McNei1y. And be afraid of "The Crown Jewel" of Nice Guys, FallingEdge.

Oh btw, you were right about what thing. Hugging fat chicks. Well, someone has to hug your mom once and a while, she gets lonely at night.

CHECKPOINT CLEAR! Looks like time just got extended for us and well, we won't be seeing you scrubs at the finish line.

Ithil

Sandow beating the absolute piss out of Sheamus on Smackdown is one of the most satisfying things I've seen in months on WWE. It's a trodden on man standing up to his bully at last.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
CHECKPOINT CLEAR! Looks like time just got extended for us and well, we won't be seeing you scrubs at the finish line.

I wish I didn't sound like a total dork when I say this is my favorite shit

somedevil

Sandow beating the absolute piss out of Sheamus on Smackdown is one of the most satisfying things I've seen in months on WWE. It's a trodden on man standing up to his bully at last.

So do you think Orton turned heel because its hard to say? One cole said you could almost feel that coming and then stopped talking like he was told too. JBL said nothing. Orton got booed loudly and looked at him like he was pissed off greatly.

It would make sense to have Bryan beat Orton at Payback with Orton turning heel and this leads to Orton vs Sheamus like they want and Bryan then goes on to Cena.

So, I watched NXT before work.

I really hope the commentary team does as good a job on RAW/Smackdown putting over the Wyatt family as they do on NXT. The commentary is usually pretty forgettable, but they seem to do a really good job on making sure that people are aware that the Wyatt Family is dangerous. JBL also does a great job with The Shield in that regard, from what I remember.

NXT Women's Title match is going to be between Paige and Emma, right? It damn well better be.

I know Chris Hero is an indie darling, but he looks really rough in the ring to me as Ohno.

Was that Alex Riley? Was that Mason Ryan? Hahahahaha.

Ithil

So do you think Orton turned heel because its hard to say? One cole said you could almost feel that coming and then stopped talking like he was told too. JBL said nothing. Orton got booed loudly and looked at him like he was pissed off greatly.

It would make sense to have Bryan beat Orton at Payback with Orton turning heel and this leads to Orton vs Sheamus like they want and Bryan then goes on to Cena.

I'm thinking they hadn't decided yet. It seemed like it was a test. There was no commentary telling you which way you were meant to take it, and no editing of the crowd, they just put it out there.
Given Orton is popular, it's hard to turn him heel even if you want to, so perhaps they used SD (not RAW which is primetime) to test if he would be booed after attacking Bryan.

He was, so perhaps they'll feel this is something that can turn him and move forward with it on RAW. He hasn't turned officially, yet.

I know Chris Hero is an indie darling, but he looks really rough in the ring to me as Ohno.

Yeah, I haven't been terribly impressed with his WWE work so far, which is a surprise as he was one of my favourites on the indies before he signed. I think that out of all the indie guys signed so far, he seems to be having the most difficulty adjusting to the WWE style, or at least making himself stand-out from the pack. A lot of his ring work previously was so reliant on the sort of style you see in Japanese wrestling, with hard-hitting strike exchanges and big power moves that are more of a rarity in WWE. Personally, I'd like to see them have him come in to reform the Kings of Wrestling with Cesaro.

I'm retiring, I'm old and washed up.

You'll be back. No one retires in wrestling.

Lou Thesz retired in 1979 but had his final match in 1990.

Watching Sami Zayn perform is still a strange experience to me. It's like someone gave a CAW El Generico's moveset but whoever is playing him doesn't know that you have to have your opponent in the corner in order to hit the brainbuster.

what is a face promo?

A rambling string of racist and sexist jokes interspersed with dated references.

What is the Terry Funk retirement count up to these days?

There's probably a bunch more, but;

1983 (lasted all of a year), 1989 (lasted 5 months), 2005 (lasted 3 months), 2006 (lasted 2 years), 2011 (lasted 2 years).

Comparatively, Dory Funk Jr. retired once in 1998, but still trains and wrestles his students at the Funking Conservatory and had a Japanese retirement match in 2008.

Kaladin

There's probably a bunch more, but;

1983 (lasted all of a year), 1989 (lasted 5 months), 2005 (lasted 3 months), 2006 (lasted 2 years), 2011 (lasted 2 years).

Comparatively, Dory Funk Jr. retired once in 1998, but still trains and wrestles his students at the Funking Conservatory and had a Japanese retirement match in 2008.

There is probably a clause in Terry Funk's booking contract where if you pay him X amount of money extra, he'll retire at your show. The amount you pay determines how long he honors that retirement.

Jamie OD

In his autobiography Funk's excuse for some of his retirements, namely his first one in Japan was that he was only retiring from the territory. He gladly admits he still wrestles if some promoter pays him a lot of money to appear.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Meltzer is being advertised as being on the Laserfrog Retirement show July 4th. But there is talk that the show may not happen due to a holiday, but instead the Monday after the 4th, that would place it on the 8th. It would be a long wait...

Kaladin

Meltzer is being advertised as being on the Laserfrog Retirement show July 4th. But there is talk that the show may not happen due to a holiday, but instead the Monday after the 4th, that would place it on the 8th. It would be a long wait...

But.....GWF Thunder.....

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
One of the things I wish we would get clear information on is who is in charge for Xbox Ones authentication. If it's the publisher, what does that mean for a game like WWE 13 which was re-released by another publisher and original copies would theoretically have the old publishers authentication code still in there?

Would we be unable to play THQ WWE 13 just because THQ went out of business? When does a company like EA or SEGA who release yearly copies of games just decide to freeze games to force people to buy the new years version? Who is Limo?

WHO IS LIMO?

In non crazy talk game news, seems WWE 14 is going back to the standard rookie to superstar story mode. Is it too much to hope we get Day of Reckoning or Here Comes The Pain quality?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One of the things I wish we would get clear information on is who is in charge for Xbox Ones authentication. If it's the publisher, what does that mean for a game like WWE 13 which was re-released by another publisher and original copies would theoretically have the old publishers authentication code still in there?

Would we be unable to play THQ WWE 13 just because THQ went out of business? When does a company like EA or SEGA who release yearly copies of games just decide to freeze games to force people to buy the new years version? Who is Limo?

WHO IS LIMO?

In non crazy talk game news, seems WWE 14 is going back to the standard rookie to superstar story mode. Is it too much to hope we get Day of Reckoning or Here Comes The Pain quality?

Gross.

Top Bottom