• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Ithil

HHH is a big fan of 1980s NWA and JCP, and of course Dusty is FROM 1980s NWA, so it makes sense that NXT resembles it a lot. They even had the Clash of the Champions for an episode.

Best thing about NXT is it is first and foremost a wrestling show. Everything is in service of a match, even backstage promos are only used to introduce a wrestler for their debut, or set up a match on the next show. Vince loves sports entertainment, HHH loves wrestling. At the same time HHH has the big business know how that Vince has (had?) so I'm curious to see what his WWE will look like, whenever that happens. I'm assuming just a bigger scale NXT.

Thanks for the replies. It totally makes sense, considering this is a good product. I've been watching this week's episode and just smiling the whole time, I love it!

This will definitely be a priority going forward. If this is what I have to look forward to when Hunter is in charge, I eagerly await him taking over.

Also, lol Mason Ryan.

Aiii

So not worth it
NXT is simply the best wrestling product out there right now. It has the best indie talent, the best production quality, the best commentary amd the best people backstage.

And it is only getting better in the coming months as WWE is about to employ pretty much every promising young talent in the world as they expand their developmental.

KissVibes

Banned
Thanks for the replies. It totally makes sense, considering this is a good product. I've been watching this week's episode and just smiling the whole time, I love it!

This will definitely be a priority going forward. If this is what I have to look forward to when Hunter is in charge, I eagerly await him taking over.

Also, lol Mason Ryan.

He's getting better!

lilty

Hey stro thanks for the heads up yesterday. Apparently that site has open registration on the first each month so I didn't need an invite.

So where do you guys recommend I start watching (Attitude Era)?

strobogo

Banned
I say around WM12. I mean, Goldust had debuted at the end of 95, but right after WM Austin started becoming Austin, Mankind debuted, things got a little more serious. But then about half way through 96 they had a bunch of SMW guys pop in with ridiculous redneck/pluber etc gimmicks. But right around WM12 is the best place to start, I think.

mouserat

Neo Member
Just watched last weeks NXT since it's behind in the UK. I really hope they handle the Wyatt family call up well. There's no need to protect Rowan and Harper but I think Bray Wyatt can make a GREAT upper midcard heel. If they treated the family like the Ministry back in the day it would be pretty effective. Mideon wasn't even good enough for his regular slot on Heat but I was fine with him interfering and acting as 'muscle' for the Undertaker when the situation called for it. The rest of the family could slot in by squashing Primo and Epico from time to time, and coming to the ring with Bray Wyatt.

somedevil

What's the card for Slammiversary?

Sting vs. Bully Ray (c) No Holds Barred match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.
If Sting loses, he can no longer wrestle for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

A.J. Styles vs. Kurt Angle Singles match

Chavo Guerrero, Jr. and Hernandez (c) vs. Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels and Kazarian) vs. Austin Aries and Bobby Roode vs. James Storm and Gunner Four-way elimination tag team match for the TNA World Tag Team Championship

Joseph Park vs. Devon (c) Singles match for the TNA Television Championship

Suicide vs. Kenny King (c) vs. Chris Sabin Ultimate X match for the TNA X Division Championship

Gail Kim vs. Taryn Terrell Last Knockout Standing match

Jay Bradley vs. Sam Shaw\CAW Singles match
TNA Gutcheck tournament final for an entry into the 2013 Bound for Glory Series

Magnus, Samoa Joe and Jeff Hardy vs. Aces & Eights (Wes Brisco, Garrett Bischoff and DOC) Six-man tag team match

lilty

I say around WM12. I mean, Goldust had debuted at the end of 95, but right after WM Austin started becoming Austin, Mankind debuted, things got a little more serious. But then about half way through 96 they had a bunch of SMW guys pop in with ridiculous redneck/pluber etc gimmicks. But right around WM12 is the best place to start, I think.
Alright thanks! Looking forward to this.

strobogo

Banned
Sabin is back? Seems like an Ultimate X match so soon after coming off of two year long knee injuries in a row might not be the best idea. Is AJ a heel or still doing his Crow Sting thing? Lol at Jeff Hardy getting stuck with the A8 D-Team. Also, Gunner? For reals?

somedevil

Sabin is back? Seems like an Ultimate X match so soon after coming off of two year long knee injuries in a row might not be the best idea. Is AJ a heel or still doing his Crow Sting thing? Lol at Jeff Hardy getting stuck with the A8 D-Team. Also, Gunner? For reals?

AJ is still doing the crow sting I'm my own side thing. Also, James Storm picked Gunner because he killed people when he served in the Iraq War.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k32I8wtkq6E

The one thing that sucks about NXT is the commentary. The other guy not Regal. His voice and commentary is terrible and he always has to say these lines "FOR THE WIN!!" "FOR THE PIN!!".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is a badass picture
tumblr_mnpy41x67X1qepc6zo8_500.jpg

It was good in person, and seemed to go over well in general live.
It was certainly fun to watch live, however I can see it not being as entertaining watching from home. I felt like it was well placed in the card and well paced. I will say that I was surprised by the Bravados. They seemed so different from the last time I saw them in RoH.
This is a badass picture
That is a beautiful belt.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Vince doesn't really have much to do with NXT at all. It's Triple H (head of talent relations and development) and Dusty Rhodes (head creative for NXT) who are over the product.

It's still times where Kevin Dunn's fingerprints are all over nxt. Nothing ever goes to the satellites without Dunn's approval.

Some more Super Juniors. Day 4 is here.

NJPW, "BEST OF THE SUPER JR XX - DAY 2", 2013.05.26
Numazu Wholesale Trading Company Center
1,500 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2o3rj

01. Best of the Super Juniors - Block B Match: BUSHI vs Jado
02. Best of the Super Juniors - Block A Match: Titan vs Baretta
03. Best of the Super Juniors - Block B Match: Alex Koslov vs Tiger Mask
04. Best of the Super Juniors - Block A Match: Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs Rocky Romero
05. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Takaaki Watanabe vs BULLET CLUB (Karl Anderson & Tama Tonga)
06. Best of the Super Juniors - Block A Match: Prince Devitt vs Hiromu Takahashi
07. Best of the Super Juniors - Block B Match: Ryusuke Taguchi vs Brian Kendrick
08. Best of the Super Juniors - Block A Match: Taichi vs Alex Shelley
09. Best of the Super Juniors - Block B Match: TAKA Michinoku vs KUSHIDA
10. GBH (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma) & Hirooki Goto vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Gedo & YOSHI-HASHI)

REALLY looking forward to the Colony vs Devastation Corporation match - the Corporation look awesome as a trio! Also, best names ever.

BLASTER MCMASSIVE, FLEX RUMBLECRUNCH & MAX SMASHMASTER!

Aiii

So not worth it
Sting vs. Bully Ray (c) No Holds Barred match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.
If Sting loses, he can no longer wrestle for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

A.J. Styles vs. Kurt Angle Singles match

Chavo Guerrero, Jr. and Hernandez (c) vs. Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels and Kazarian) vs. Austin Aries and Bobby Roode vs. James Storm and Gunner Four-way elimination tag team match for the TNA World Tag Team Championship

Joseph Park vs. Devon (c) Singles match for the TNA Television Championship

Suicide vs. Kenny King (c) vs. Chris Sabin Ultimate X match for the TNA X Division Championship

Gail Kim vs. Taryn Terrell Last Knockout Standing match

Jay Bradley vs. Sam Shaw\CAW Singles match
TNA Gutcheck tournament final for an entry into the 2013 Bound for Glory Series

Magnus, Samoa Joe and Jeff Hardy vs. Aces & Eights (Wes Brisco, Garrett Bischoff and DOC) Six-man tag team match

My picks. Terrible card. Even the clusterfuck of a fatal four way tag match is terrible. Why isn't that Roode and Aries v. bad Influence for the titles instead.

If TNA is wondering why their ratings are in the shitter, they should just look at this card.

So, NXT.

Why haven't I been watching this every week?

It's just such a better show. Gimmicks! Managers! Tag Teams! Divas! Fun! It's everything that RAW and Smackdown should be.

Seriously, I don't get it. They are two completely different products. NXT is a throwback to when wrestling was GOOD. It's almost as if Vince and his goon squad don't have anything to do with NXT.

$20 says they don't. It really strikes me as HHH pet project and that's a good thing

When a lot of WrassleGAF reacted to the Wyatt Family video on RAW by not knowing who they were, I was pretty shocked...

More of GAF should watch NXT!

Eddie Kingston is still one of the best promo guys out there. Hot damn. I really like this heel turn, it feels very natural and King makes a good point, he's the same man he's always been. Victory or Valhalla!

Kaladin

Eddie Kingston is still one of the best promo guys out there. Hot damn. I really like this heel turn, it feels very natural and King makes a good point, he's the same man he's always been. Victory or Valhalla!

Forgot I'm missing the Chikara thing tonight too....hope it's on VOD also.

So, NXT.

Why haven't I been watching this every week?

It's just such a better show. Gimmicks! Managers! Tag Teams! Divas! Fun! It's everything that RAW and Smackdown should be.

Seriously, I don't get it. They are two completely different products. NXT is a throwback to when wrestling was GOOD. It's almost as if Vince and his goon squad don't have anything to do with NXT.

The first episode I saw of revamped NXT was miles beyond what NXT was before. It just had this incredible atmosphere about it.

One thing, does Hulu not have the first several episodes of revamped NXT? I watched the last bit of season 5 (which was like 900 episodes) and it said that next week would debut the revamped NXT, but the first episode of season 6 Hulu has was in September, and the last season 5 one was in June. It'd be nice to be able to watch all of them from the start.

Kaladin

The first episode I saw of revamped NXT was miles beyond what NXT was before. It just had this incredible atmosphere about it.

One thing, does Hulu not have the first several episodes of revamped NXT? I watched the last bit of season 5 (which was like 900 episodes) and it said that next week would debut the revamped NXT, but the first episode of season 6 Hulu has was in September, and the last season 5 one was in June. It'd be nice to be able to watch all of them from the start.

Technically they dropped the old NXT concept and just re-named what was Florida Championship Wrestling into NXT. If you go back and watch old FCW online somewhere you'll see the similarities.

strobogo

Banned
They're all gonna bandwagon jumping hipsters. Just call us the NXT originals.

You mean like a Nexus? I don't know if that will end up well for anyone.

The revamped version started in September. They have the full run of it.

Apparently the EVOLVE 21 stream is awful, again. Bad internet in the building, according to their customer support. The stream is up now, but at a low bitrate.

WWNLive really need to check this shit before they try and run iPPVs. Or at least have a home base venue they KNOW they can run stable iPPVs from. It's fucking amateurish. I'm almost regretting having ordered tomorrows show now, but hopefully that'll go off without a hitch or I won't be watching any more WWN iPPVs live.

More Super Juniors stuff - Ricochet & Omega teaming together!

NJPW "BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XX PRELUDE", 2013.05.22
Nagoya International Conference Hall
1,500 Fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2o3v5

01. Yohei Komatsu vs Sho Tanaka
02. BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi vs Titan & Barreta
03. Kenny Omega & Ricochet vs Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
04. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask, Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov), Brian Kendrick & Jado
05. Yuji Nagata, TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima) & Takaaki Watanabe vs CHAOS (Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI)
06. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Manabu Nakanishi, Ryusuke Taguchi & Captain New Japan vs BULLET CLUB (Prince Devitt, Karl Anderson, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga)
07. G.B.H. (Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma) & Hirooki Goto vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Yujiro Takahashi & Gedo)

Top Bottom