• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Some recent puro - check out the World Jr. Heavyweight match between Kanemaru & Yamato from AJPW, while the Brave Gate and Twin Gate title matches from the Dragon Gate shows are well worth a watch;

AJPW, "RISE UP TOUR - FINAL", 2013.06.02
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,800 Fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2owta

01. SUSHI vs Takao Omori
02. Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka vs HUB & Menso-re Oyaji
03. Akebono, Ryota Hama & Masakatsu Funaki vs Bambi Killer, MAZADA & Dragan Okic
04. Kaz Hayashi, Shuji Kondo & Yasufumi Nakanoue vs Kotaro Suzuki, Atsusho Aoki & Masanobu Fuchi
05. KAI vs Masayuki Kono
06. AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs Hiroshi Yamato
07. AJPW World Tag Team Titles: Jun Akiyama & Go Shiozaki (c) vs Suwama & Joe Doering

Dragon Gate, "THE GATE OF MAXIMUM 2013", 2013.06.01
Sapporo Teisen Hall
700 Fans - No Vacancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2or01

01. Gamma & Don Fuji vs Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! & Mr. Kyu Kyu Naoki Tanizaki Toyonaka Dolphin
02. Naruki Doi vs Kotoka
03. Super Shisa vs Kzy
04. Shingo Takagi & YAMATO vs Jimmy Susumu & Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito
05. Open the Brave Gate Title: Masato Yoshino (c) vs Rich Swann
06. CIMA, Masaaki Mochizuki & Dragon Kid vs Akira Tozawa, BxB Hulk & Uhaa Nation

Dragon Gate, "THE GATE OF MAXIMUM 2013", 2013.06.02
Sapporo Teisen Hall
850 Fans - No Vacancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2orj9

01. Ryotsu Shimizu vs Katsuo
02. Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! & Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito vs Uhaa Nation & Kzy
03. Super Shisa vs Mr Kyu Kyu Naoki Tanizaki Toyonaka Dolphin
04. Akira Tozawa vs Kotoka
05. CIMA, Dragon Kid & Gamma vs Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino & Rich Swann
06. BxB Hulk vs Jimmy Susumu
07. Open the Twin Gate Titles: Shingo Takagi & YAMATO (c) vs Masaaki Mochizuki & Don Fuji

Mr. Sam

I was just thinking how Bo Dallas legitimately makes my skin crawl and might actually be suited to being a member of the Wyatt family.

Kaladin

Bad news for IWA Deep South and other Alabama wrestling promotions:

The State of Alabama has placed several new rules into effect for professional wrestling in the state. The new rules are:
1. All promoters, wrestlers. referees, etc are now required to have a license. Licenses are $100 for promoters and $30 for the wrestlers, referees, etc. All licenses must be paid by July 15, 2013. Licenses expire on December 31st and must be renewed.

2. The Alabama Athletic Commission gets 5% of all gross ticket sales for each event.

3. Barricades must surround the ring and be 6' from the ring.

4. No hard sole shoes on wrestlers.

5. Wrestlers' ring attire must be neat and clean.

6. Foreign objects can only be used with prior approval of the Alabama Athletic Commission.

7. No intentional blood without prior approval from the Alabama Athletic Commission. For events where blood is approved, blood tests must be taken and a doctor is to be present at the event.

8. A licensed EMT is to be at all events.

Or wrestling promotions in general looking to run Alabama. I don't know of many who go to the state, but this insures that most won't tour if they have to jump through hoops to get into the state.

strobogo

Banned
1012110_531261980265792_412943652_n.jpg

993077_557548010983576_373994159_n.jpg

1009900_531264093598914_479225818_n.jpg

1001777_531263873598936_439002408_n.jpg

These are getting worse.

Bad news for IWA Deep South and other Alabama wrestling promotions:

Or wrestling promotions in general looking to run Alabama. I don't know of many who go to the state, but this insures that most won't tour if they have to jump through hoops to get into the state.

Oh dear, doesn't sound good for the Carnage Cup this year, but perhaps they can cover the costs as it's probably their biggest selling yearly event on DVD & MP4.

The rule about barricades and a trained EMT on site should be a given - I was pretty surprised to see no barricades at the Cage of Carnage, what with all the glass and shit flying around, especially as there were a whole bunch of young kids in the crowd (which was also pretty surprising, hooray for parenting!).

"6. Foreign objects can only be used with prior approval of the Alabama Athletic Commission."

Hah, approve this;

isIWsXJgiZLso.gif

Kaladin

There were no barricades at the Dragon Gate USA/CZW co-branded show during Mania weekend in Miami. They only used light tubes for the CZW portion of the show and ringside got showered with the glass dust from those often.

Maybe IWA Deep South can find somewhere close to the border to run Carnage Cup and other deathmatch events.

Edit:

Looking at their Facebook page, there is a wall post from someone that seems to indicate they've done just that:

Carnage Cup 9
2 days 16 man tournament
Saturday November 2, and Sunday November 3, 2013
SWF Slaughterhouse
Tallahoma Tennessee

SWF is a small TN promotion, probably offered to host the event.

The Rumble '95 poster cracked me up as a kid. Just because the show is in Tampa, it has to be a beach-themed show in the middle of January?

Kaladin

The Rumble '95 poster cracked me up as a kid. Just because the show is in Tampa, it has to be a beach-themed show in the middle of January?

WCW was big on beach themed shows around then. Bash At The Beach, Spring Break Nitro.

Plus most northerners think Florida = beach.

Saw the smackdown main event and despite the Shield loosing, the match itself was fantastic enough and displayed the synergy orton, kane, and daniel bryan had. Bryan is so god damn over.

In other news, god damn bug day is wrecking me. I must have depth perception problems cause i always miss those damn beetles

Penguin

The Rumble one isn't a bad poster.. if it was for like SummerSlam

Who the hell decided Buff Bagwell needed his own poster though?

Alucard

Banned
Bootaaay, thanks for the links. Always nice to see what's going on in Japan. I don't have time to follow everything or to know full rosters or to keep track of which events or feuds are going on, but I love watching wrestling. Gonna check out your recommended matches.

Dammit I thought DOMINION was this week not next week. I'm tired of waiting! I might order that Dragon Gate PPV to hold me over...

Well worth it, I'd say it's one of the best shows this year, just slightly behind Invasion Attack and Wrestle Kingdom.

Mr. Sandman said:
Looking at their Facebook page, there is a wall post from someone that seems to indicate they've done just that:

Carnage Cup 9
2 days 16 man tournament
Saturday November 2, and Sunday November 3, 2013
SWF Slaughterhouse
Tallahoma Tennessee

SWF is a small TN promotion, probably offered to host the event.

Ah, nice! Glad to hear it's going ahead, as the Carnage Cup is one of the sleaziest deathmatch sleaze tournaments out there, and where would we be without dudes stabbing each other with box cutters?

http://i.minus.com/ilMtBSoAUYTWE.gif - NSFW

Bootaaay, thanks for the links. Always nice to see what's going on in Japan. I don't have time to follow everything or to know full rosters or to keep track of which events or feuds are going on, but I love watching wrestling. Gonna check out your recommended matches.

No problem man :)

I warned you! It says 'NSFW' right there and everything. I even described what happens in the GIF, but still you clicked it, knowing you would be disgusted! Haha, human nature is a funny thing.

Big, disgusting hole in Necro Butcher's arm - NSFW!!!
Blood spurting from Brain Damage's forehead - NSFW!!!
Some 'tard goes feet first into a bucket of lighttubes - guess what happens? - NSFW!!!

Anyways, ripping my DVD collection and I found this cool match from a few years back;

Minoru Suzuki (c) vs Satoshi Kojima - Triple Crown Championship - (AJPW 02/17/07)

I also found a couple of XPW DVDs. I might recap one, if I can bring myself to. I'm sure it's as horrid, if not more so, than I remember.

Ultratech

I warned you! It says 'NSFW' right there and everything. I even described what happens in the GIF, but still you clicked it, knowing you would be disgusted! Haha, human nature is a funny thing.

Big, disgusting hole in Necro Butcher's arm - NSFW!!!
Blood spurting from Brain Damage's forehead - NSFW!!!
Some 'tard goes feet first into a bucket of lighttubes - guess what happens? - NSFW!!!

The blood squirting one reminds when I went with my friend and his dad to cut the horns off their bulls.

The last gif kinda caught me by surprise, since it didn't look so bad at first but then they showed his leg. Ouch!

Mr. Sam

Saw the smackdown main event and despite the Shield loosing, the match itself was fantastic enough and displayed the synergy orton, kane, and daniel bryan had. Bryan is so god damn over.

I think it was the right thing for The Shield to lose - the undefeated streak had served its purpose, making them look credible and dangerous, and now it adds to Bryan's avalanche of popularity and makes it seem like Bryan and Orton have a fighting chance to win the championships on Sunday. An undefeated streak goes on too long and you can't ever end it without bringing "Well, that's over... what now?" into the equation. I think it's important The Shield aren't defined by wins and losses.

abundant

I think it was the right thing for The Shield to lose - the undefeated streak had served its purpose, making them look credible and dangerous, and now it adds to Bryan's avalanche of popularity and makes it seem like Bryan and Orton have a fighting chance to win the championships on Sunday. An undefeated streak goes on too long and you can't ever end it without bringing "Well, that's over... what now?" into the equation. I think it's important The Shield aren't defined by wins and losses.

Plus the way it was handled after the match was done right. They made it seem like a big deal..

Striker

Shield's undefeated streak ending was long overdue. They ran through every top guy there is and every threesome they've been facing. It's better for them now to get engaged into a proper feud in both the tag division and for Ambrose in the US title picture.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm on PS+ and didn't get a invite for the ppv...but I got an ad for eye drops I already use :(

bangai-o

Banned
does the free PPV also work for Vita owners?

edit

this thread gets so little activity that I am going to have to add it to my subscriptions.

I had the weirdest dreams today. But probably not as weird as Sunflower's sex den neighbor.
I saw that thread at about 4am. Needless to say I was shaken legitimately.

If Bryan is going to be tied up with Cena wtf are they going to do with Ziggler? I really don't see him with del rio or swags after payback.

Alucard

Banned
Does anyone think that NOW is actually the best pro wrestling has ever been in terms of in-ring product? I watched a couple of old Ric Flair matches from the 80s and 90s, and I really feel the athleticism and match quality is far superior today. So many botches and slow sequences in the 80s and 90s.

strobogo

Banned
The first dream started at a WCW(!) show that was lit like it was Ready to Rumble. It was Tank Abbott vs a member of 3 Count. Somehow I made my way to the pack and got myself into the match by impersonating one of the other members. But on the way in the back I did see Maryse and Trish having a conversation. The match never happened, because the show turned into a Justin Timberlake concert. I was in the front row with two girls from high school and Steven Brody Stevens. YES. ENJOY IT. PUSH. And Brody and I were supposed to be best friends, but we were fighting the whole time.

We were front row and it was in the dark. So JT was singing right up in our faces. But Brody poked me in the eye. The show then turned into a Who show, also in the dark, also still with me in the front row. They played The Seeker and had guests like DJ Ashba (lol, with The Who?) and some weird metal player. We started to leave and my step aunt and uncle gave me little packets of drugs as a late birthday gift. They explained some of them to me in the car. One of which would make you do the opposite of what you were trying to do. So, if you took it and were driving, if you tried to turn left, you'd actually turn right.

GManDH

Smackdown was a lot better than i realized it was the first time i saw it. why does WWE always start getting good in summer and then sucks again late fall??

I kinda hope Punk no-shows tomorrow, would be interesting way to take the storyline.

It would kinda suck too, but coming back now is a terrible way to end the "leave of absence" storyline... needs to be dragged out more.

My Paul will debut a Fake-CM Punk. Rick Bognar could do it.

Top Bottom