• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

DMczaf

20130604_TOUT_FamilyFighting_Snitch.jpg

I knew Rey was a snitch.

WWE Superstar Kane spoke with AL.com recently to promote the company's arrival at the Mobile Civic Center on June 21st. In the interview, the "devil's favorite demon" praised the work of his tag team partner Daniel Bryan, and the last year of his career as one-half of Team Hell No.

"Daniel Bryan might be the most talented guy on the roster right now. I think he’s the best technical wrestler we have, and he’s also one of those guys who’s been able to forge a connection with our fans. And people who are able to do that are very successful.”

Kane also spoke on the new material working with Bryan has provided him, putting over this period in his career as new and refreshing.

"...If you’d told me years ago that I would be the sane person on a tag team, I would have told you you were crazy. But I have been ... In all seriousness, the past year, I’ve really enjoyed it, maybe more so than any other time in my career. It has allowed me to do things I’ve never done before.”

That GGG

Aiii

So not worth it
Once the belt is on AJ amd her stuff with Kaitlyn is done they can bring in Paige as a face and the two of them can have an epic feud for the belt.

Those two are gonna be the Trish/Lita of their generation if WWE is smart about it.

Batigol

Banned
Totally random, but when did HHH first start changing his pedigree? His original one, when he kept the arms locked on impact was awesome. Now he releases the arms mid air and it just looks stupid. It takes all the impact out of the move.

Kinda like when Jericho uses the shitty walls of Jericho and not the liontamer where he torques the back and puts his knee on the guys neck.

Totally random, but when did HHH first start changing his pedigree? His original one, when he kept the arms locked on impact was awesome. Now he releases the arms mid air and it just looks stupid. It takes all the impact out of the move.

Kinda like when Jericho uses the shitty walls of Jericho and not the liontamer where he torques the back and puts his knee on the guys neck.

I think Jericho had to start doing (basically) a Boston Crab when he started wrestling heavyweights. The original Liontamer looked so badass on someone like Juventud Guerrera, where he could really lock it in.

jmdajr

Probably so wrestlers can brace their fall.

smr00

Banned
Anyone here a PS+ member and get a e-mail of them offering the PPV for free? I got an e-mail telling me to test out the live event viewer on PS3 and watch Payback for free this sunday.

WatTsu

Anyone here a PS+ member and get a e-mail of them offering the PPV for free? I got an e-mail telling me to test out the live event viewer on PS3 and watch Payback for free this sunday.

I am a PS+ member and didn't get it and I really want to get it.

WatTsu

They still might be rolling them out or maybe they are only selecting X amount of PS+ users.

I just got the email 15 minutes ago.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll keep an eye out. Not super excited for this card but I'll watch it live for free.

gurudyne

Vince still ignores the deafening public and gets Cena to accept his haters and pushes a guy who gets the chant of "Goldberg" every time he's in a match.

Mostly true, but you're forgetting that sometimes VKM throws us some scraps. For example, we (the PEOPLE minority) are getting a brief DBry push before he's fed to Cena so Vince can get a boner.

jred2k

I'd so much rather see Bryan go after the WHC than the WWE Title. All it would take is AJ gloating to him about her shiny new belt(after she wins it) and you'd have a confrontation that could build to something. It would be a good way to elevate Ziggler and actually get the crowd to care about whether he wins or loses. Bryan wouldn't have to go heel and be fed to Cena that way either.

jmdajr

I'd so much rather see Bryan go after the WHC than the WWE Title. All it would take is AJ gloating to him about her shiny new belt(after she wins it) and you'd have a confrontation that could build to something. It would be a good way to elevate Ziggler and actually get the crowd to care about whether he wins or loses. Bryan wouldn't have to go heel and be fed to Cena that way either.

I think he deserves the WWE title, hell Cena probably thinks it. But sure, less burial if he's out of that whole situation.

Regardless, I think they would work well together. They are buds you know. Sex orgies with the bella twins and all that. True Bros.

Seems everyone has nice things to say about Bryan - from Foley;

"Daniel Bryan is the most fascinating wrestler/character combo I've seen in a long time."

Bingo. I'm the biggest fan of the guy, but even I'm surprised at just how great his character has been.

jmdajr said:
They are buds you know. Sex orgies with the bella twins and all that. True Bros.

I hope they didn't cross swords.

jmdajr

"Daniel Bryan is the most fascinating wrestler/character combo I've seen in a long time."

Bingo. I'm the biggest fan of the guy, but even I'm surprised at just how great his character has been.

I hope they didn't cross swords.

As long as the balls don't touch, it's all good.

Kaladin

You never got a sense of his character abilities in the indies. There moments but nothing that screamed he had the full package for a wrestler. He had the intense indie superman bit down, but beyond that? He had some good comic matches with comic wrestlers showing he could adapt, but he was mostly known for his intensity inside the ring.

WWE really broke him out of that mold with pairing him with Kane.

Honestly, Daniel Bryan is the biggest success story of WWE Developmental......so far of course.

You never got a sense of his character abilities in the indies. There moments but nothing that screamed he had the full package for a wrestler. He had the intense indie superman bit down, but beyond that? He had some good comic matches with comic wrestlers showing he could adapt, but he was mostly known for his intensity inside the ring.

He showed signs of the crazy Bryan we know today in his heel character on the indies, but I didn't see much of it because they never seemed to pull the trigger and let him go 'full heel' in ROH (although they came close with his turn in the ROH vs CZW war). Mostly though, I agree, there wasn't much indication that he'd be able to get by with anything other than his superlative wrestling skills, which makes it even more amazing that his character work is the reason for much of his success. Of course, it helps that he's dynamite in the ring, but the character would still be over without it.

Aiii

So not worth it
The crowd cares about Ziggler, quite a bit more than they did for any WHC since Sheamus and Bryan I would say.

jred2k

He's really above the WHC now, though.

Yeah I agree, I thought about that while I was typing my previous post. All of the titles just feel like they have no natural progression after Payback. Bryan is the only person on the roster that feels like they're poised for any sort of meaningful transition.

The crowd cares about Ziggler, quite a bit more than they did for any WHC since Sheamus and Bryan I would say.
Its probably just bad long term memory on my part saying that. He probably just needs a bit more promo time and an opponent that isn't Swagger or Del Rio to really gauge the average fan's interest in him.

Fucking America having such polar reactions across the country.

strobogo

Banned

Do they? JTG got a better reaction than Ziggler at the Raw I went to. Of course the post-WM crowd popped huge for him, but he still gets pretty tepid reactions outside of smark towns and Smackdown.

I watched the OG Superman last night. Holy shit, it is still so good. I mean, there are some dodgy shots of course, but a lot of the effects and shots still look great and it is basically the template that all super hero movies follow to this day. What kind of threw me was baby Clark being a full on naked toddler with his junk on display. And it even made it into the trailer. And then to DVD. I can't imagine the shit storm that would happen if a 5 year olds junk was in a trailer for a movie today.

XenoRaven

I maintain that Rainmaker is the best finisher name in current wrestling.

I'm also partial to the Walls of Jericho, the Codebreaker, White Noise, the Flatliner, the Rings of Saturn, the Celtic Cross, and the Last Ride.

Watching the AJPW Giant Baba memorial show from 1999 and the opening match features baby Marufuji & Morishima! Here's a gif of 'fuji getting beat up by the late, great Gran Naniwa;

iu7Tr7IF0gpP9.gif

I miss Gran Naniwa :(

yep got it too, feels good

my wife is going to be pissed though

games talk: The Last of Us multiplayer is actually really good. psn. zerostrife if anyone is interested in playing

Top Bottom