• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Totally random, but when did HHH first start changing his pedigree? His original one, when he kept the arms locked on impact was awesome. Now he releases the arms mid air and it just looks stupid. It takes all the impact out of the move.

Kinda like when Jericho uses the shitty walls of Jericho and not the liontamer where he torques the back and puts his knee on the guys neck.

Who was the guy he did like a Tombstone Pedigree on?

strobogo

Banned
Watching the AJPW Giant Baba memorial show from 1999 and the opening match features baby Marufuji & Morishima! Here's a gif of 'fuji getting beat up by the late, great Gran Naniwa;

iu7Tr7IF0gpP9.gif

I miss Gran Naniwa :(

That was my favorite move in every Fire Pro game I've ever played.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just watched Smackdown. Those reports that Bryan might turn heel Sunday? Complete and utter bullshit.

Oh yeah, watch Smackdown tonight!

Three consecutive weeks of great Raw's and Smackdown's build around Bryan, I could cry if I wasn't such a manly man!

Ithil

Ok, having watched SD, I don't have a problem with the ending, because
Not only was Bryan the right guy to beat the Shield, but they were defeated because Bryan, Kane and Orton worked together in sync as a team. That's how the Shield win matches and that always should have been how they met their first loss, not to some single super face. It was still odd to have a big moment like that on SD, but it sure was put over as a big moment, at least.

Firstly this might be the first bit of CHIKARA story advancement since the iPPV.
Are we to believe Vega tripped the wire to the auditorium and Archie really didn't go back in time? If this is the case then Archie being on the stage to end the iPPV starts to make more sense. Maybe he needed everyone to think he was gone so he could finally pull off his master plan of killing CHIKARA. The man has a underground lair, it's entirely possible. Perhaps Archie is The Titor Conglomerate.
Secondly the submission squad is freaking amazing. I really hope the continue to make these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CUxeyJY6EiE

Jamie OD

Firstly this might be the first bit of CHIKARA story advancement since the iPPV.
Are we to believe Vega tripped the wire to the auditorium and Archie really didn't go back in time? If this is the case then Archie being on the stage to end the iPPV starts to make more sense. Maybe he needed everyone to think he was gone so he could finally pull off his master plan of killing CHIKARA. The man has a underground lair, it's entirely possible. Perhaps Archie is The Titor Conglomerate.
Secondly the submission squad is freaking amazing. I really hope the continue to make these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CUxeyJY6EiE

Where did the spoilered info come from?

strobogo

Banned
Man, I play RB/GH/FoF a lot. More in 2013 than all of 2012 combined. I played the Blitz demo and enjoyed it, I'm just not big on buying from Arcade.

Dragon Gate - DEAD OR ALIVE more than lived up to the hype, excellent show all round and probably my 2nd or 3rd favourite PPV this year. Seriously awesome stuff, the top 5 matches are great, especially the main event of CIMA vs Akira Tozawa and the tag title match with BxB Hulk & Uhaa Nation defending against Shingo & YAMATO. Ricochet wrestles a good match against Jimmy Susumu, while Dragon Kid defends the Brave Gate title against Masato Yoshino in a real corker. Plus, there's a super fun Triangle Gate title match that's highlighted by Don Fuji being fucking AWESOME throughout. Seriously well worth checking out the replay;

http://www.ustream.tv/dragonGate

Jimmyz!!

iMuCNS30DBdjD.gif

Cool double team from the Jimmyz;

igDd2SQqFb7HI.gif

Lightning Spiral, outta nowhere!

ibuMWT6uqFDD5y.gif

Shingo is a beast;

iJu9Dyo2Qxfq3.gif

Goddamn LARIATOOOOO;

ibahF3TunUX5Il.gif

Yeah, Shingo damn near took his head off. Uhaa gets huge reactions in Japan, they love seeing a guy his size showing off crazy agility.

I forgot to mention the production quality - top notch work on Dragon Gates part, the show looked great, nice lighting and, because Dragon Gate own all their theme music, the entrances weren't muted. Also, the crowd were super lively throughout.

Kaladin

Yeah, Shingo damn near took his head off. Uhaa gets huge reactions in Japan, they love seeing a guy his size showing off crazy agility.

I forgot to mention the production quality - top notch work on Dragon Gates part, the show looked great, nice lighting and, because Dragon Gate own all their theme music, the entrances weren't muted. Also, the crowd were super lively throughout.

If the crowd is dead at a Dragon Gate show, someone needs to start checking pulses.

Alucard

Banned
That Dragon Gate show sounds like some hot stuff. Will it be available on the DGUSA site for purchase, or was it strictly a Japan-only thing?

I have just realized WWE are most likely building to a D-Bryan Hair vs Hair match (with Kane) - who has a wig anyway.

Bryan will lose - shave his hair, and keep his beard,

EVERYONE WINS

Kaladin

The Last Of Us reminds me so much of Half Life 2 mixed with Uncharted, it's unreal. Parts of two of my favorite games coming together.

So awesome.

Top Bottom