• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Ouch @ Sting's head.

Anyway, great PPV. Don't expect them to keep it up, but it was a small reminder that they can still put on a quality show.
The last 3 PPV's have all been pretty good and Impact has its WTF dumbass moments but is getting better as well. The wrestling in TNA is good and the storylines are getting better, excited to hopefully see the growth continue. Perfect timing as well when you consider the dumpster fire that is WWE right now.

I really hope WWE releases Randy Orton. The thought of Bobby Roode vs Randy Orton in a battle of the most arrogant characters in Wrestling makes me smile.

dream

It's kind of nice to see a sports entertainment company with a direction. I am somewhat glad I ordered this PPV, even if it was an accident.

Yup He's going to get fired.

Whatever John Cena wants, John Cena gets

SFRHh.gif

Skip Sheffield has two strikes and a steroid related injury and he's being pushed to the moon right now. As much as I would never want to see him on my screen ever again, he;ll be fine.

Remember when the plan was for Orton to face lesner at summerslam.

they dodged a bullet there.

Now Triple H can continue WWE's pointless burial of the UFC and Brock instead of Randy Orange.

Actually have there been any updates on Brock/HHH story ever since he shown up at that UFC event?

They dropped that pretty quick. I want more Heyman on my TV damn it.

Just got back from Slammiversary. I'll preface this by saying I've never watched TNA before but it was too tempting given that I live in Dallas. I had great seats in Row D right behind the VIP section so I got a great view of everything. Its the first time I went to a wrestling event. I left after the Bully Ray fight because I have to work early tomorrow.

-The crowd HATES Garrett Bishcoff, lots of "you can't wrestle"
-Samoa Joe and Aries was a great match
-Tessmacher is hot, I love the awkward feeling of knowing every dude in the arena is starting her down... I saw some 10 years old getting an eyeful
-Loved seeing Abyss make a cameo, wish I could have heard his theme music :(
-Bully Ray got immense heat from the crowd, as a native New Yorker I felt uncomfortable when the New York sucks chants started LOL
-whats the point of SoCalVal?

Overall, I like the fact that they're not ashamed about being wrestlers. It's refreshing. I can't really watch the WWE product anymore. I hope/pray that TNA becomes a worthy competitor to the WWE. I won't watch it (don't really have time), but this PPV was better than anything I've seen from the WWE this year. I'm debating go to the Dallas Raw- gonna need some convincing to go to that though... ah, what am I saying? I'll be there, live wrestling is a ton of fun.

ahhh ok.

I think E needs one of ex best friends match again... Loser leaves town backstage brawl anything goes matches. Punt is allowed.

Ok I've been out of the wrestling loop for a good while now and I clicked on the OT in hopes of trying to get caught up but got spammed by Kpop.... So could someone give me just a short rundown on the state of WWE and TNA?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Ok I've been out of the wrestling loop for a good while now and I clicked on the OT in hopes of trying to get caught up but got spammed by Kpop.... So could someone give me just a short rundown on the state of WWE and TNA?
FUCKING PLYWOOD AND HIS DAMN OP!!!!!

Where's my CANE?!?!?!

G-Fex

huh? Kpop

*clicks first page*

PLYWOOD YOU SON OF A BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH

G9Pi6.gif

TNA was under extremely heavy restriction with how they could use WWE Intercontinental Champion Christian at TNA Slammiversary.

WWE told TNA that they could not make any references to WWE at all on the PPV. They were also forbidden from referring to Christian as a WWE Superstar or his status as the WWE Intercontinental Champion. Christian was told not to bring the title belt with him to the show.

WWE also instructed TNA that Christian was not to have any physical confrontations with any of the TNA wrestlers on camera. TNA requested Hulk Hogan introduce him for the segment he particpated in and WWE allowed it.

TNA requested to refer to him as "Christian Cage" which is what he went by in TNA. WWE also allowed it.

TNA did originally pitch an idea to have Christian wrestle on the PPV, being Crimson's mystery opponent. The match would have likely ended in a no-contest, since both sides would obviously want their guy to go over. The WWE side immediately shot it down. Considering how thin the roster is right now especially with the pending injuries to Alberto Del Rio and R-Truth, WWE absolutely cannot risk another injury to a top star.

As speculated, this is WWE's payback for TNA allowing Ric Flair to participate in the Hall of Fame ceremony, which is ironic now considering many believe Flair is headed back to WWE shortly.

It's also believed some footage with Christian was shot for a future DVD release.

In what many in the company found to be a head-scratching move, the deal was done way ahead of time. Instead of promoting the hell out of one of WWE's champions appearing on their PPV, Dixie Carter insisted on keeping it a secret until the weekend of the show so she could break the news on her Twitter account.

Top Bottom