• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
PhF6M.jpg

Hell I put more work into my dumb thread today then you have.

Ok I've been out of the wrestling loop for a good while now and I clicked on the OT in hopes of trying to get caught up but got spammed by Kpop.... So could someone give me just a short rundown on the state of WWE and TNA?
WWE is having injury and suspension problems in droves. Brock and Vince are already at odds and Brock will likely put HHH over at Summerslam and then vanish until the Royal Rumble. The WWE title is now a secondary prop to any John Cena feud. Smackdown is actually decent thanks in part to a returning Christian, Sin Cara and logical writing on that show. Meanwhile TNA has gone live and changed timeslots to poor results despite the product being the best it has been in recent memory. TNA has a great heel champion with Roode and a budding megastar in Austin Aries. TNA is putting on great matches and the storylines are getting better but they still make stupid mistakes that a company who is trying to play catch up cannot make. That being said, IMO, TNA is a far superior product right now. They have some consistent booking patterns and some long term feuds that are working for them. Many on GAF are hesitant to buy into TNA due to past dissapointments but as of right now TNA is a lot of fun to watch.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm so mad right now at the loss of the Cane OP. There's only one thing that can calm me down now, and I think you all know what it is.

Kane_Banana_by_Hardy_Beee_yotch.jpg

It's a KANE BANANA!!!! I mean, come on! Look at how mad it looks, LOL!!!

WWE is having injury and suspension problems in droves. Brock and Vince are already at odds and Brock will likely put HHH over at Summerslam and then vanish until the Royal Rumble. The WWE title is now a secondary prop to any John Cena feud. Smackdown is actually decent thanks in part to a returning Christian, Sin Cara and logical writing on that show. Meanwhile TNA has gone live and changed timeslots to poor results despite the product being the best it has been in recent memory. TNA has a great heel champion with Roode and a budding megastar in Austin Aries. TNA is putting on great matches and the storylines are getting better but they still make stupid mistakes that a company who is trying to play catch up cannot make. That being said, IMO, TNA is a far superior product right now. They have some consistent booking patterns and some long term feuds that are working for them. Many on GAF are hesitant to buy into TNA due to past dissapointments but as of right now TNA is a lot of fun to watch.

WWE sounds the same as ever. More Cena power hour. snore.....

TNA going live is very surprising and something I was completely unaware of even after looking at their website. People's impressions for tonights show seem positive so I guess I'll watch Impact this week.

G-Fex

I'm so mad right now at the loss of the Cane OP. There's only one thing that can calm me down now, and I think you all know what it is.

Kane_Banana_by_Hardy_Beee_yotch.jpg

It's a KANE BANANA!!!! I mean, come on! Look at how mad it looks, LOL!!!

That banana is crazy man. That's a crazy banana.

G-Fex

What are you talking about? Plywood put plenty of stuff in the OP.

Mine is going to have TNA,WWE,CHIKARA in the main cards of my deck.

PLYWOOD COULDN'T BEGIN TO IMAGINE WHAT MONSTERS LURK IN MY DECK.

How could someone even come up with the concept, draw it out, plan it? Ridiculous, I tell you!

OUTRAGEOUS!

SOULPLAYA, you better be here tomorrow night, NWA's ppv will be a super special one.

Starting tonight, TNA is now referring to Brooke Tessmacher once again as "Miss Tessmacher". This was directly requested by Hulk Hogan, who felt that she should go back to her old name with his daughter, also named Brooke, coming in.

Naturally, this has already caused major heat on Brooke from the Knockouts, who already weren't fans of her coming in.

Another story that rubbed people the wrong way is that TNA is covering all of Brooke's travelling expenses, another Hulk request. Her travel expenses also include transportation for her dog, which she brings with her everywhere.
doc2.gif

"even if the ring has changed, the one thing that hasnt changed is you the fans"

Christian Cage is 100% right.

There where getting 1.0-1.1 ratings then and they are still getting them now.

Just got back from the show. So awesome. Dixie was great and had to meet atleast 1,000 of the fans before the show, sign autographs, and take pictures. Interesting group of people that went to the show and talked with alot of them while waiting for doors to open. So Cal was great and awesome to talk to. Hemme was also super nice and paid attention to me and the guys sitting next to me all through the night during the promos before she announced the matches. Gotta watch the show tomorrow and see how things turned out on tv. Not sure how it turned out on tv, but the crowd was insanely hot all night long.

Top Bottom