• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Aiii

So not worth it
Can we now all conclude that AJ is the hottest thing to happen to wrestling since Punk's promo one year ago?

I think we can.

Also thanks for the gifs Plywood, well done.
ibkDcB3DJwd6eF.gif

So good.

Linkified

I'm sorry Newcastle-broskis I fell asleep after/during Vader vs Slater. I can't do live RAWs anymore especially ones that aren't important.

Instead of going 3 hours Vince, go commercial free and use those extra few minutes to build to PPVs to earn more money hype WWEshop.com and your DVDs its easy.

But tonight I'm going to watch the Muppets and Wacky Races - they have a better shows and can actually get you invested.

Striker

Only saw certain moments of the show.

One being Vader's return against Slater, which was really cool. They need to pair Slater with somebody as a team. He's not much of an offensive guy, but he can bump and is a decent speaker.

Another was the finale of the tag match with Bryan, god-awful. And what's with Bryan getting pinned off a top rope elbow drop that isn't executed by Randy Savage? Punk needs kicked in the grapes for continuing to perform it.

Novid

Banned
Guys. We need to keep working on "helping the brand" with this AJ storyine. I love pissing off these mainstream twitter shit eaters. Vader being Vader helps too.

Oh man, genuine tears of laughter at the Kane/AJ saga reaching the next level, The Kane cycle continues but this time in style!

I was surprised that the Sheamus/Tensei match wasn't that bad.

Novid

Banned
I dont use twitter cause blue birds should just sing and not read peoples minds in 140 words or less, but i wouldnt get mad at these postings. Rather, feel happy that these kids were birthed using a perfect amagimation of alcohol, diabetes, post modern education, a bit of Call of Duty propaganda and a bit of hormonal inbalance for good measure.

I.e. their "specialness" has made them retarded ratchet bitchmade motherfuckers, easy to control and easy to be bred to death.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's either that, or Bryan wins by pinning Kane, AJ starts hooking up with Bryan and help Punks win the title back by turning on Bryan at Money in the Bank.

Either, or. Not buying a permanent AJ/Kane hook-up, her interactions with Punk and Bryan are more entertaining as they are better mic-guys. There's only so much jumping of the big red monster you can do before it stops turning people on.

Aiii

So not worth it
Told you she spoiled the NWO finish on twitter yesterday lol

It could still go any which way. That's what makes the storyline so good (aside from AJ's acting, which is the best on the show hands down), I have no fucking clue which way this could go. I mean, when's the last time we had a match on the card where nobody knows who is coming out on top? Props to WWE Creative for getting it right.

Kane cycle dictates that he must be the one to get his heart broken, as others have stated D Bryne and AJ are the likely couple, AJ can cause the distraction that causes Kane to lose to Bryan at NWO (thus leaving Punk out of the decision).
Then we get the token Kane revenge saga, Bryan/Kane at MITB which ends with Bryan barely escaping with the belt but AJ gets chokeslammed to hell to wrap up the Kane side of things (yes this means yet another Kane turn, he and Show must have a career long contest going) .
And then finally for Summerslam we can transition back to Punk/Bryan for the final showdown which Punk probably wins.

Simple effective WWE title booking for the next few months, or WWE will just make Punk/Show a thing, urrrgh.

Khrno

Can we now all conclude that AJ is the hottest thing to happen to wrestling since Punk's promo one year ago?

I think we can.

As good as AJ has been performing, this is not a solo act, I think Bryan deserves as much credit since he was there from the beginning, and even Kane, getting freaked out by a smile or a kiss, that only would work with a red giant freak.

Punk however, I think his place could have been taken by anyone else, he hasn't added anything special to the story, also his "goat face" promo yesterday was Cena-levels of bad, Vince had a better interaction with Bryan than Punk.

Khrno

It could still go any which way. That's what makes the storyline so good (aside from AJ's acting, which is the best on the show hands down), I have no fucking clue which way this could go. I mean, when's the last time we had a match on the card where nobody knows who is coming out on top? Props to WWE Creative for getting it right.

I know, I've just been kidding with that.

Kane cycle dictates that he must be the one to get his heart broken, as others have stated D Bryne and AJ are the likely couple, AJ can cause the distraction that causes Kane to lose to Bryan at NWO (thus leaving Punk out of the decision).
Then we get the token Kane revenge saga, Bryan/Kane at MITB which ends with Bryan barely escaping with the belt but AJ gets chokeslammed to hell to wrap up the Kane side of things (yes this means yet another Kane turn, he and Show must have a career long contest going) .
And then finally for Summerslam we can transition back to Punk/Bryan for the final showdown which Punk probably wins.

Simple effective WWE title booking for the next few months.

That would be the best outcome indeed, altough I'd rather have Bryan as champion, not because I'm 100% biased since I'm his #1 mark in GAF, but because they need to put the belt in Cena, Rock or even Lesnar, and I really doubt Vince would want Punk losing the title against Lesnar, neither to cena since they're buddies and it makes no sense to have a Dwayne/Punk feud.

However with Bryan they can just pull the Cena-BA* card on Bryan/AJ or have Lesnar destroying him, which wouldn't hurt Bryan, I mean, an 18s loss to Sheamus didn't hurt him, a loss to Lesnar wouldn't either.

If I just keep saying the same thing over and over eventually it'll come true. I believe!

AJ is getting so much screen time now I'm starting to think it'll be that it was her idea to trick the other 2 and help D-Bry win and they live happily ever after as king and queen champions.

But yea I've been saying that will happen every week since after WM lol.

THIS WEEK

THIS IS THE WEEK!

YES! YES! YES!

I'm sorry Newcastle-broskis I fell asleep after/during Vader vs Slater. I can't do live RAWs anymore especially ones that aren't important.

Instead of going 3 hours Vince, go commercial free and use those extra few minutes to build to PPVs to earn more money hype WWEshop.com and your DVDs its easy.

But tonight I'm going to watch the Muppets and Wacky Races - they have a better shows and can actually get you invested.

Its OK. I tapped out at ~10pm and went to bed. Watched it this morning. It wasn't terrible. However Vince bullying JR right infront of a Be A Star poster was a highlight.

Novid

Banned
As good as AJ has been performing, this is not a solo act, I think Bryan deserves as much credit since he was there from the beginning, and even Kane, getting freaked out by a smile or a kiss, that only would work with a red giant freak.

Punk however, I think his place could have been taken by anyone else, he hasn't added anything special to the story, also his "goat face" promo yesterday was Cena-levels of bad, Vince had a better interaction with Bryan than Punk.

Your sort of correct but this was to pretty much solidify his number two status. I dont think they will let go of the Kane part until at least Raw's 1000th.

Khrno

Your sort of correct but this was to pretty much solidify his number two status. I dont think they will let go of the Kane part until at least Raw's 1000th.

At least Punk unlike Cena, can wrestle, so I can turn a blind eye to his Cena-esques promos.

Whatever is NWO's outcome, Kane should remain in the feud at least until MitB, he's gonna want revenge for whatever AJ does to help either Bryan or Punk, if she happens to help him, well he'll be the champion, so this love quadrangle will go as you say until late july.

Aiii

So not worth it
I did reckon AJ would get a title shot at NWO, but watching yesterday they're obviously going with Layla vs Beth again.

Don't really see why though, Layla needs to drop the title, that's for sure as she gets NO response at all, and last nights crowd was pretty hot the whole show so that's saying something. Beth was the champ for a long time, so it's okay to move on from her for a while. AJ, esp after last night, is maybe more over then even Kelly is. And seeing Kelly is leaving for at least a while, why not put the belt on AJ together with Bryan.

Was so sure of that match announcement happening, well, maybe on Smackdown they can have Beth vs. AJ #1 contenders match. Fingers crossed.

RBH

It's pretty cool to see how much the WWE trusts Heath Slater by how they've put him in the ring with guys like Steamboat, Bret, and now Vader the past couple of years. I could see Slater hanging around the WWE for awhile just for that fact that they seem to view him as a safe hand in the ring when needed.

Khrno

I don't think AJ should be involved with the Diva title right now. Her current role is much more important than having a 2 minute match with no build with Layla. I do agree she deserves to get the title sometime in the near future, but it makes no sense at this time, she is focused on her slutness, not on being a champion.

As soon as she shows her true colours, then it'll be alright for her to go after the Divas titles, with the help, or should I say support, from whoever she's partnered with. Now, if she ends up with no one, then she could always like try to repent, and focus on wrestling, and make it as #1 contender by winning 90 seconds matches.

How often are they gonna do the Ryback thing too btw?

Like, ok we get it, double weak guy finishing move spot...... we gonna get it both shows same thing twice a week now?

I hope the crowd continue to mockingly chant Goldberg until they do something else, shit at least Goldberg was being fed 'proper' wrestlers.

Khrno

It's pretty cool to see how much the WWE trusts Heath Slater by how they've put him in the ring with guys like Steamboart, Bret, and now Vader the past couple of years. I could see Slater hanging around the WWE for awhile just for that fact that they seem to view him as a safe hand in the ring when needed.

Well, Slather character is awful, but that just helps to prop up whoever the legend/face/etc he'd face. And he is competent in the ring, and sells moves just about right,

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't think AJ should be involved with the Diva title right now. Her current role is much more important than having a 2 minute match with no build with Layla. I do agree she deserves to get the title sometime in the near future, but it makes no sense at this time, she is focused on her slutness, not on being a champion.

As soon as she shows her true colours, then it'll be alright for her to go after the Divas titles, with the help, or should I say support, from whoever she's partnered with. Now, if she ends up with no one, then she could always like try to repent, and focus on wrestling, and make it as #1 contender by winning 90 seconds matches.

Actually, I figure it's the other way around. AJ is on TV loads, in the main event picture, over as fuck so she'd bring at least some exposure to the title, Layla was on TV last night to no reaction and hasn't be on TV in two weeks.

Besides, Bryan can take credit for her winning it because he coached her (for the two Bella matches before WM) and made her a winner.

Layla needs new f**king music. I always hated their old one but ignoring that its really really not a good gals theme. No pop to it. At least remix it up or something.

Khrno

Like, ok we get it, double weak guy finishing move spot...... we gonna get it both shows same thing twice a week now?

I won't give a shit about Ryback until he's put on matches with guys that weight at least 100kg. It doesn't impress me that he can lift two guys thatweight 130kg together .

Ithil

I won't give a shit about Ryback until he's put on matches with guys that weight at least 100kg. It doesn't impress me that he can lift two guys thatweight 130kg together .

Cena already lifted Big Show and Edge, even if briefly. Two cruiserweights are not impressive.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm hoping they move Ryback over to Big Show or Kane after OTL, the guy needs a solid win over a believable tough guy to get his character over, I agree the jobber angle has run it's course.

Khrno

Actually, I figure it's the other way around. AJ is on TV loads, in the main event picture, over as fuck so she'd bring at least some exposure to the title, Layla was on TV last night to no reaction and hasn't be on TV in two weeks.

Besides, Bryan can take credit for her winning it because he coached her (for the two Bella matches before WM) and made her a winner.

That would actually be something good, but the Divas title is a fucking joke, not just for the way it has been mishandled, but because it's cheesy as fuck. Bring the women's title back, that might get away the impression that the title is for the Barbie division.

Anyway, the title could still get exposure if she becomes champion while been paired with the current WWE champion, some more Edge/Lita without Jeff Hardy around, fantastic.

Cena already lifted Big Show and Edge, even if briefly. Two cruiserweights are not impressive.

I know, that was my complain the first time Ryback did his in-ring parade with two guys. But you know, people (and Vince) don't remember what happened last month.

Layla has actually fallen down in my fav 5 woman. Shes always been highly placed since seriously f**king diva search.....

But even I'm finding it really hard to be interested in her beyond a WOO LAYLA sense at the moment, why do the faces always have to be so bland and feel forced?

Maxine has taken her spot.

Lol;

iF3x9GSRskuHO.gif

Oh, Goto... :(

Yeah, Goto proper ate that Rainmaker - I was sure he'd won it when he hit that sick neckbreaker across the knee from the top rope.

God, the dream matches my head has created for this man. Cant wait for his match with Tanahashi. Actually, i cant wait for the entire Dominion card

I'm hoping he beats Tanahashi, there's no reason for him to regain the belt after such a lengthy reign - and hell, I want to see Okada vs Minoru Suzuki and Okada vs Yuji Nagata for the title.

I can't wait for the inevitable Okada vs Nakamura showdown. I predict sometime in the near future that Nakamura will be kicked out and Okada will become the new leader of Chaos.

That would be pretty awesome, as long as Nakamura doesn't turn face - he's such an awesome heel, but hasn't been doing much lately. Hope he wins the G1 and challenges Okada.

danielbryanapprovingnod.gif

Reading over the thread from the live bits is always fun.

Cena ruining this promo like he ruined his marriage.

As harsh as it may be, I lol'ed for real. Cena is just instant ruin to me, everything he does has just become so far past insufferable I can't even fake like I don't care and ignore it. I don't even understand what he is saying anymore, seriously he comes out and has like the most random points and counter-points ever it just makes no sense. This Cena Championship crap is ridiculous, and you know it'll only change when instead he's going for the belt again and only then will that suddenly be the main event focus once more. :|

It'll actually be interesting to see HHH's ego vs Cena Championship for Summer Slam. What will be the main event? HHH vs Bork I bet even Cena vs.... Big Show again for realz this time wouldn't bump that. Still, who knows, Cena never give up!

I love CM Punk, always will, but hes just so corny. Feuding with D-Bry is actually making Punk look worse - Bryan dropping truth pipebombs on him while I nod in agreement then Punk just replies with nar bro I'm the same..... uh, no, you're not.

Referencing last year just made it worse. :( I swear I'm half expecting them to make him come out and apologise for the shoot next on the bury what makes you cool tour.

I want D-Bry to be popular and secure in the business but man if he ever becomes Cena V.3 (4?5?) I'll be really sad.

Vader was awesome, and laughed so much as earlier in the day I read the "He's been spotted at local to Raw!!" comment sorta just thinking it was a lol yea right STING BELIEVE joke thing..... then he actually came out and I was like lolololgaf. <3

STING IS NEXT BELIEVE

Linkified

Well you know what will happen:

Kane will be in the Yes Lock in the ring.
Punk will be outside the ring.
AJ will do what she did to Kane tonight, to Punk.
Kane taps out.
D.Bryan new WWE Champion, MITB AJ wins Diva Title and kicks Punk in the groin for D.Bryan to retain.

Whole angle where those two worked so many people, yadda yadda ya. Summerslam rematch with Divas champion as the special guest referee.

If they put the glorious pair back together I just hope their thing is more equal terms after she helps Bryan win the belt.

Sick of Lawler oh blah blah he's brainwashed this poor girl hes a dick look at how he treats her etc, fully turn her and let them go at it. Shes just as schemey and bad as him!

More coaching D-Bry is just 'harsh' sometimes cause he cares and wants her to be as awesome as him and she succeeds cause she is and they're great at it type thing please.

Top Bottom