• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Khrno

ily35RJ23FIaE.gif

i9KSnYGzBipm3.gif

irerkIXBU3Hb2.gif

igSKC5aoE0QnW.gif

ibkDcB3DJwd6eF.gif

ibyP4tBvLKmUoj.gif

imSW8U1u813k4.gif

icE79cfnX2y0.gif

Don't say I never did anything for you.
Thank you Plywood.

After AJ and Bryan are champs they should put Kaitlyn in the mix and do separate main feuds but can crossover for some tag matches or something (doesn't have to be romantically with Punk, just I mean feud good guys vs bad guys wise).

I know she's loltoofat :| apparently and a NXT nobody at the moment but AJ has shown how f**king easy it is to create something out of 'nothing' as long as the talent is there to begin with. Having a history just helps it write itself.

It shouldn't be so hard to make something interesting creative team.

Riiiight?

katlnar.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
After AJ and Bryan are champs they should put Kaitlyn in the mix and do separate main feuds but can crossover tag (doesn't have to be romantically with Punk, just I mean feud good guys vs bad guys wise).

I know she's loltoofat :| or whatever and a NXT nobody at the moment but AJ has shown how f**king easy it is to create something out of 'nothing' as long as the talent is there to begin with. Having a history just helps it write itself.

It shouldn't be so hard to make something interesting creative.

Riiiight?

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f61/jonathan_nz/katlnar.gif

Well, AJ did do alot of the legwork with her acting. Lets not kid ourselves, this same angle would've sucked with Kelly Kelly or The Bella's or even -as great as she is in the ring- Natalya. Can't cut a promo for shit or respond naturally on camera to things that are going on.

Plus, nobody slaps like AJ. <3

Yea thats what I mean, AJ had the talent already, so it wasn't hard to get something from the nothing (like, as in she was just doing as nothing as Kaitlyn is now) she just needed that chance to be interesting and oh wow, funny that, star born.

I think Kaitlyn could work an awesome angle with her, I'm sure they've been practicing it at sleepovers in their nighties etc for awhile.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yea thats what I mean, AJ had the talent already, so it wasn't hard to get something from the nothing (like, as in she was just doing as nothing as Kaitlyn is now) she just needed that chance to be interesting and oh wow, star born.

I think Kaitlyn could work an awesome angle with her, I'm sure they've been practicing it at sleepovers in their nighties etc for awhile.

I've got a pic for that:

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm hoping he beats Tanahashi, there's no reason for him to regain the belt after such a lengthy reign - and hell, I want to see Okada vs Minoru Suzuki and Okada vs Yuji Nagata for the title.
Tanahashi needs to be Cena'd and feud with something else. Sick of him. Naito will be next champion. It just won't be soon.

UberTag

It's pretty cool to see how much the WWE trusts Heath Slater by how they've put him in the ring with guys like Steamboart, Bret, and now Vader the past couple of years. I could see Slater hanging around the WWE for awhile just for that fact that they seem to view him as a safe hand in the ring when needed.
Slater's like a lower grade version of Ziggler.
He's a natural heel, sells like a champ and makes the guys he faces look strong.
Of all the bottom feeder jobbers (Reks, Hawkins, Zeke, Riley, JTG, etc.) he's clearly the class of the group. Only Tyson Kidd is really a step above him.

Slater's problems are that his offense is unconvincing and he's still not a great promo. But he's fine in short bursts and he's showing improvement there as well.

I've got a pic for that:

lol honestly thats the exact picture I thought of as soon as I wrote that sentence. Mmm.

I guess I shouldn't expect much considering how long its taken a proper Punk and Bryan thing to happen, I just fear unlike them being able to rise themselves, Kaitlyn will forever be stuck in NXT unless they like attached her to Punk or something for a a few tag matches then moved on to the actual AJ feud once she had that initial cred with the fans.

Thinking back, I wonder what convinced them to put AJ with D-Bry to begin with. Maybe someone actually did spot some decent potential chops in her, or they fluked it lolnerdstogether and like Bryan himself suddenly a monster was created despite what they planned.

Either way, AJ on TV constantly, I'm thankful for it. :D

Aiii

So not worth it
Thinking back, I wonder what convinced them to put AJ with D-Bry to begin with. Maybe someone actually did spot some decent potential chops in her, or they fluked it lolnerdstogether and like Bryan himself suddenly a monster was created despite what they planned.

I reckon her FCW work impressed them, other then that all she did for a year since her debut was hook up with Hornswoggle on NXT Redemption and job to Beth and Natalya after their heel turn.

Honestly though, they didn't think Bryan could cut promos and get over on his own and gave him AJ so he had someone to interact with onscreen. After all, they're both "nerds" so obviously they should be dating.

Striker

Slater's like a lower grade version of Ziggler.
He's a natural heel, sells like a champ and makes the guys he faces look strong.
Of all the bottom feeder jobbers (Reks, Hawkins, Zeke, Riley, JTG, etc.) he's clearly the class of the group. Only Tyson Kidd is really a step above him.

Slater's problems are that his offense is unconvincing and he's still not a great promo. But he's fine in short bursts and he's showing improvement there as well.
Yeah Slater's main issue is offense. I wouldn't consider Kidd a good comparison, because Kidd is pretty damn good in the ring, and should be a guy who's getting midcard time. He's looked good every time I've seen him.

I've always been a Heath Slater fan.

It's slater time guys

He should come down to the ring performing his own entrance theme as a one man band and yell "see ya slater!" when he hits his finisher.
He's slated for a main event spot with this idea.

Man awkward smiling nerd Bryan with the Bellas was funny to think back on. Whaatta I do with all these boobs guys, whhhat is going on? *looks at the camera and shrugs*

Cole screaming NEEEEEEERD the whole time.

Coming from intense angry promo NXT D-Bry pre-fire, I was like what are they doing to yoooou? :(

Now despite what Punk thinks of it, yes-beard is winning all.

7QjEE.gif

I love CM Punk, always will, but hes just so corny. Feuding with D-Bry is actually making Punk look worse - Bryan dropping truth pipebombs on him while I nod in agreement then Punk just replies with nar bro I'm the same..... uh, no, you're not.

Referencing last year just made it worse. :( I swear I'm half expecting them to make him come out and apologise for the shoot next on the bury what makes you cool tour.

Eh, that could have gone a lot worse. Punk responded in a human way rather than a prototypical Cena way, which is a good thing. It's not like he can just come out and see "You're right D. Brine, I've changed. I make shit jokes and talk about loving crazy chicks because I test poorly with child and women demographics. At least they aren't using me to try and turn Ryan Mason into a thing any more".

The only out of place part of Punk's promo was "Goatface", but I'll just assume it was a potshot at Jericho

Aiii

So not worth it
I nominated Plywood for July thread creator. This revolving OP saga is pretty enthralling.

Where it matters, the title itself, is still a fail of epic proportions though. There's really no redemption for having a non-Kane and AJ related topic title. Even worse that it's a poor rip-off of the MMA topic title.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I nominated Plywood for July thread creator. This revolving OP saga is pretty enthralling.
You just say that because you hate the AJ/Kane stuff in this thread, lol.

We won't stop trying, though.

Where it matters, the title itself, is still a fail of epic proportions though. There's really no redemption for having a non-Kane and AJ related topic title. Even worse that it's a poor rip-off of the MMA topic title.
We won't be stopped now, man. The Alliance has been solidified with a kiss.

Eh, that could have gone a lot worse. Punk responded in a human way rather than a prototypical Cena way, which is a good thing. It's not like he can just come out and see "You're right D. Brine, I've changed. I make shit jokes and talk about loving crazy chicks because I test poorly with child and women demographics. At least they aren't using me to try and turn Ryan Mason into a thing any more".

The only out of place part of Punk's promo was "Goatface", but I'll just assume it was a potshot at Jericho

I agree its still better than Cena's nonsensical (seriously) promo ramblings, but if he can't come out and reply with yea I'm a top dog face now I'm suddenly a fair bit different character wise reply they should avoid the initial truth drop IMO.

It was like him shitting on HHH for always holding guys like him down then HHH just replying with "You gotta get over with these fans, this business, blah blah blah" instead of the true yea you're right I did think you were nothing, I do it all the time with these noob wrestlers like you coming up the ranks, none of you can compare to my greatness.

I guess truth pipebombs that can't really be acknowledged work better when the guy isn't out there to respond.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The thing is that even though it rips off the MMA title it is still completely accurate. I thought you guys would've gotten a kick out of it but instead I got a bunch of negative attitudes and vitriol aimed at me as well as an OP snitch.

An OP snitch in the OT Community subfolder, smh. What has this group come to?

Aiii

So not worth it
The thing is that even though it rips off the MMA title it is still completely accurate. I thought you guys would've gotten a kick out of it but instead I got a bunch of negative attitudes and vitriol aimed at me as well as an OP snitch.

An OP snitch in the OT Community subfolder, smh. What has this group come to?

Cena never goes over well, you should've known.

Though I frown about snitching, be a star people!

I don't even know what be a star means. WWE is way too confusing for me how is a kid supposed to understand.

Don't bully people unless they're heels and you're doing it in a joking way/angry as all heck then its ok?

DMeisterJ

Banned
The only people that cared about the original OP and title are WrassleGAF marks. And really, who cares what the marks think?

I for one, welcome our new topic creator overlords. And, Internet drama is for bitches, tbh.

Ithil

I don't even know what be a star means. WWE is way too confusing for me how is a kid supposed to understand.

Don't bully people unless they're heels and you're doing it in a joking way/angry as all heck then its ok?
No, don't bully people at all. Calling them names is wrong, beating them up is wrong, being prejudiced is wrong. No bullying is acceptable.

Cena is a star. He might call Big Show fat, make fun of Johnny Ace's voice, call Eve a slut, disparage Del Rio for being Mexican, and beat up people who disagree with him, but he NEVER GIVES UP and FIGHTS FOR THE RIGHTS OF EVERY MAN so he is our hero and a star.

Khrno

That just shows how strong Big Show is, he used his Ki to knock him out. Next time he will destroy the ring and the whole arena trying to beat Cena.

Kid 1: "It was really cool when Mr. Sheamus told us about how its not ok to bully people."

*Sheamus physically kicks refs head in the one time things don't go his way*

There are literately countless occurrences on every show, every week, every segment, the fact that the WWE of all places try and push this thing of all different 'causes' they could get behind is insane lol.

Why can't Sandow save us from this insanity???

The sheer air of the punch is enough to knockout Vince. The guy does really sell like a champ!

CZBZY.gif

Big show has mastered the elements, his body is fuelled by fire in his heart, his fists strike with the force of a Hurricane, his eyes weep tears of the wet stuff on a worryingly regular basis and he is as solid and sturdy as the earth itself.

Kaladin

So let me get this straight....this company bans Randy Orton's punt because of worries about concussions, and then they run a storyline about a move, a punch that gives people concussions.

Calling it now, from the brutal assault Vince suffered from multiple concussions, strained quads, medial ligament damage and anal bleeding.

*shows up on the PPV this Sunday with Lex Luger high taped ribs otherwise fine*

Top Bottom