• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

somedevil

I'm not sure why this would get you hyped...I was super excited to see how this Punk/Bryan/Kane/AJ thing was gonna play out but those two Twitter posts just completely removed all my expectations.

For Punk to be pissed enough to post that, it is gonna have to be BAD.

These tweets could mean anything. I doubt he would tweet this if Kane wins the title. I think it either has to do with the JOhn Cena match or what will happen with Triple H and Paul Heyman on Sunday.

uupCq.png

Already backtracking.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm sure Punk was probably campaigning to drop the title to Kane. He's always complained about how heavy the belt is, and he probably realized that Kane is the only guy who can lift it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I miss hearing your actual thoughts on stuff, instead of lolkaneisawesome. =/
OK, fine. I'll be serious.

I honestly think they may be dropping the storyline completely, and that's what Punk was tweeting about. However, if it isn't about that, then it's certainly something Lesnar related. However, WZ is known to make stuff up, so who knows?

Thanks for the compliment, btw. I appreciate it (seriously).

My brother got this game for snes, threw out the instruction manual, and we never figured out how to do finishers. I didn't know what most of their finishing moves were at the time, and this was pre-internet for us, but still.

I remember every once in a while, I'd get Michaels to do this rapid-fire Sweet Chin Music, and have no idea how and couldn't repeat it :(

Linkified

Oh wait AJ is revealed as Bryan's half Puerto-Rican sister, been having away with Kane to be Bryan's body guard. Match is 10 minutes long.

Monday Bryan comes out while Punk is bitching and says:'Punk you've just been Punk'd, YES YES YES YES'

SoulPlaya

more money than God
My brother got this game for snes, threw out the instruction manual, and we never figured out how to do finishers. I didn't know what most of their finishing moves were at the time, and this was pre-internet for us, but still.

I remember every once in a while, I'd get Michaels to do this rapid-fire Sweet Chin Music, and have no idea how and couldn't repeat it :(
The PSX version was actually the first wrestling game I ever owned. Matter of fact, I actually still play it every now and again. It really needs a sequel.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
OK, fine. I'll be serious.

I honestly think they may be dropping the storyline completely, and that's what Punk was tweeting about. However, if it isn't about that, then it's certainly something Lesnar related. However, WZ is known to make stuff up, so who knows?

Thanks for the compliment, btw. I appreciate it (seriously).

I mean it, too. It's like, yeah, I understand the Kane stuff. It's all in good fun. But sometimes it gets to the point (and not just with you) that every single post is seemingly about Kane and the whole joke just starts feeling kinda...old. Yes, we know, y'all love Kane, cool. So do I, he's a great wrestler and has stuck with WWE through the worst storylines anyone could ever be given. But c'mon, guys. I cringe a little whenever Kane is on TV now, because I know that means a whole page of Kane posts in here. =/

The PSX version was actually the first wrestling game I ever owned. Matter of fact, I actually still play it every now and again. It really needs a sequel.

It had a sequel.

fv3Nq.jpg

McNei1y

Oh wait AJ is revealed as Bryan's half Puerto-Rican sister, been having away with Kane to be Bryan's body guard. Match is 10 minutes long.

Monday Bryan comes out while Punk is bitching and says:'Punk you've just been Punk'd, YES YES YES YES'

I like where this is going.

I mean it, too. It's like, yeah, I understand the Kane stuff. It's all in good fun. But sometimes it gets to the point (and not just with you) that every single post is seemingly about Kane and the whole joke just starts feeling kinda...old. Yes, we know, y'all love Kane, cool. So do I, he's a great wrestler and has stuck with WWE through the worst storylines anyone could ever be given. But c'mon, guys. I cringe a little whenever Kane is on TV now, because I know that means a whole page of Kane posts in here. =/

Cringe? SoulPlaya has legitimized Kane segments for me, whereas before, I was as lost as Net_Wrecker.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

It had a sequel.

fv3Nq.jpg
Holy crap, is the sequel any good?

BTW, I'll just say that I'm pretty sure the tweets are BS, and so does everyone else here, probably, so we're just trying to come up with silly jokes about what it could be. Otherwise, I think you would see more serious responses about the tweet, but I get your point.

Did you buy a PSX at launch, SoulPlaya? If I find out your rich that's going to kill any enthusiasm I have for Kane, like finding out Vanilla Ice wasn't a legit thug from the streets of Miami. You can't be wealthy and a fan of Kane.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Holy crap, is the sequel any good?

BTW, I'll just say that I'm pretty sure the tweets are BS, and so does everyone else here, probably, so we're just trying to come up with silly jokes about what it could be. Otherwise, I think you would see more serious responses about the tweet, but I get your point.

It's basically more of the same, with some new characters (Ahmed, Trips. Vader, Ultimate Warrior, Owen).

And yeah, alls I'm really saying is that sometimes, a little less Kane might not be a bad thing. :)

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Did you buy a PSX at launch, SoulPlaya? If I find out your rich that's going to kill any enthusiasm I have for Kane, like finding out Vanilla Ice wasn't a legit thug from the streets of Miami. You can't be wealthy and a fan of Kane.
Hell no, at the PSX launch I was living in a literal one room shack (with no bathroom or kitchen, subsiding on the good will of others) with another family in the country of Jordan. I didn't get a PSX until years later when it was $99. Hell, I didn't even get a game with it. I played that damn demo disc for months and months, and loved it too!

Hell no, at the PSX launch I was living in a literal one room shack (with no bathroom or kitchen, subsiding on the good will of others) with another family in the country of Jordan. I didn't get a PSX until years later when it was $99. Hell, I didn't even get a game with it. I played that damn demo disc for months and months, and loved it too!

My brother got an NES for Christmas and we never owned a game for it other than the Super Mario bros./Duck Hunt pack-in, through out the life of the console, lol. Everything was either rented or borrowed from friends. My parents didn't understand the 'razor and blades' business model of gaming and thought you just buy the system and your done.

Thankfully, Nintendo included two controllers, a light gun, and a game. We'd be screwed if we came of age during this generation.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
My brother got an NES for Christmas and we never owned a game for it other than the Super Mario bros./Duck Hunt pack-in, through out the life of the console, lol. Everything was either rented or borrowed from friends. My parents didn't understand the 'razor and blades' business model of gaming and thought you just buy the system and your done.

Thankfully, Nintendo included two controllers, a light gun, and a game. We'd be screwed if we came of age during this generation.
Oh man, can you imagine? Parents have it tough these days when damn thing is monetization. Hardware is accessible, but the software will kill ya.

Sometimes I feel bad for SoulPlaya, all of the Kane wrath falls on him while I skulk by relatively safe from scorn, than again I limit mine to Kane is awesome posts and less crazy deviant art pics.

Regarding the triple threat match at NWO for me it's a rare case in this match type of whoever wins i'm pleased.
- CM Punk having a lengthy reign pleases me, while he's not as good on the mic as he once was (there's that face turn curse again) he's made for a solid champ and I would not complain about that run continuing
- Kane, well yeah i'm a Kane fan, he doesn't need the belt at all but I would still mark the hell out if he won, I did a damn victory lap when he won the WHC at MITB 2010.
- Bryan has just been consistently entertaining this year and has put on some of the best matches, the WWE title is a good way for him to maintain that match quality at the top of the card (or the top that is below the cloud kingdom of Cena).

Now when the hell is Wade Barrett returning? even a whisper will do here.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Sometimes I feel bad for SoulPlaya, all of the Kane wrath falls on him while I skulk by relatively safe from scorn, than again I limit mine to Kane is awesome posts and less crazy deviant art pics.

Regarding the triple threat match at NWO for me it's a rare case in this match type of whoever wins i'm pleased.
- CM Punk having a lengthy reign pleases me, while he's not as good on the mic as he once was (there's that face turn curse again) he's made for a solid champ and I would not complain about that run continuing
- Kane, well yeah i'm a Kane fan, he doesn't need the belt at all but I would still mark the hell out if he won, I did a damn victory lap when he won the WHC at MITB 2010.
- Bryan has just been consistently entertaining this year and has put on some of the best matches, the WWE title is a good way for him to maintain that match quality at the top of the card (or the top that is below the cloud kingdom of Cena).

I'll tell you right now, as much of a Kane fan as I am, Bryan should win the belt. Punk's run has been good, but it's gotten lazy. The only worry I have with a Bryan win is that it inevitably means a Cena feud, and Bryan will be squashed in it.

BTW, I honestly don't mind the Kane wrath, lol, but I get Cain's point.

Khrno

I agree with your views as well, however I'd really like if either Kane or Bryan get the title tomorrow, just to shake up Punk's character and have him do the chase, even if it just means 1 or 2 PPVs before he takes the title back.

My ideal situation would have Kane getting the title until MitB were he would lose to Punk in a triple-threat rematch, and then Bryan would win it from Punk in a 1on1 match in the not-main event from Summerslam.

Top Bottom