• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
as it should be, they could send Kane and Bryan off into a number 1 contenders match at MITB but AJ linking all three together with a focus on Punk makes it kind of hard to leave him out of the equation for even a month.

Just no more Kane romance, it was funny on Raw because at that point it was more Crazy AJ and less Kane in love but as of smackdown and this ppv it's clear which route they are taking this sub plot down and I think i've endured enough of these now.

As for No Way Out it was an average event, not worth celebrating but not really complaint worthy either, it did whiff of being an extended raw or Smackdown though but that's par the course these days.
Dude, I'm going to be honest.

I wish Kane would retire already. I would be really sad, but at least then, I can stop watching this. Seriously. I have fun on here. I joke around A LOT, but please, it's gotten so predictable, and it's just dumb. They take no risks anymore. It's amazing how we predicted this the MOMENT Kane got involved in this feud, lol.

BTW, people should watch Resistance Pro, if they have access to it.

Watched the first youtube show, and while I enjoyed it and the video packages are awesome, some of the wrestling was pretty sloppy - also, I heard the storylines are a bit weak to begin with, but have picked up since the youtube shows were taped, so looking forward to see how they improve in the coming months.

UberTag

Why would anyone have faith in creative? Most people lost faith in creative YEARS ago.
I'd have faith in Creative if Vince would GO AWAY and let them actually... oh I don't know... be creative.
The entirety of WrassleGAF could be in that room writing for RAW each week and it would still turn out like crap because of the old man.

G-Fex

Have some faith in creative

6LG5V.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Watched the first youtube show, and while I enjoyed it and the video packages are awesome, some of the wrestling was pretty sloppy - also, I heard the storylines are a bit weak to begin with, but have picked up since the youtube shows were taped, so looking forward to see how they improve in the coming months.
Yeah, but it's something that should be supported, especially if people have access to it. I enjoyed it for what it was, but the stories really are thrown together right now, but I feel like that's just growing pains.

I know I will be mocked for this but some of you guys need to give TNA another shot. They have some really good wrestlers and the storylines have improved quite a bit. You guys keep talking about the annual June resurgence for wrestling that has yet to happen, it is happening, its just not happening in WWE. Austin Aries alone is worth watching the show for. Sting is still there sadly but he only gets short matches so it isnt too bad.

TNA is way better than WWE right now. It's not perfect, but the product is way more entertaining. I'm actually intrigued to find out who the 3 masked guys are that attacked Sting on Impact, plus I'm still curious to find out what's going on with AJ/Dixie.

Hey guys, isn't it storyline that R-Truth is going to be out of action from taking the WMD from Show? Funny how Vince no sells the WMD in 6 days but R-Truth is going to be out from it.

Hey guys, isn't it storyline that R-Truth is going to be out of action from taking the WMD from Show? Funny how Vince no sells the WMD in 6 days but R-Truth is going to be out from it.

Isn't it great that Laurinitis can repeatedly stay in Cena's stf for 10 seconds at a time, when actual wrestlers tap immediately?

Dude, I'm going to be honest.

I wish Kane would retire already. I would be really sad, but at least then, I can stop watching this. Seriously. I have fun on here. I joke around A LOT, but please, it's gotten so predictable, and it's just dumb. They take no risks anymore. It's amazing how we predicted this the MOMENT Kane got involved in this feud, lol.

Yeah, I don't know how much more I can take, without Wrasslegaf I would have tapped out of WWE's sloppily applied submission by now.
Just give us the Kane/Taker finale we crave and then we can close the door on quirky supernatural gimmicks and live in a world of guys in trunks with a first name and a last name.

I still can't believe the Kane cycle is like genuinely a thing, it's just that predictable.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah, I don't know how much more I can take, without Wrasslegaf I would have tapped out of WWE's sloppily applied submission by now.
Just give us the Kane/Taker finale we crave and then we can close the door on quirky supernatural gimmicks and live in a world of guys in trunks with a first name and a last name.

I still can't believe the Kane cycle is like genuinely a thing, it's just that predictable.
You know, I'll say this. If AJ is revealed to be actually with Kane, and not just trying to "use the monster", I'll actually be happy. They've never done that before. Or, have Kane leave AJ and snap on her (yeah, I know, PG).

You know, I'll say this. If AJ is revealed to be actually with Kane, and not just trying to "use the monster", I'll actually be happy. They've never done that before. Or, have Kane leave AJ and snap on her (yeah, I know, PG).

Oh yeah, the PG rating will even deny us a "Tombstone Tori" situation.
Well i'm going to roost, these wrestling events are not good for my tired state.

I'ma just gonna quote myself, because I feel everyone could do with some awesome wrestling after that main event (protip; watch Devitt vs PAC);

NJPW, "BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XIX - DAY 9", 06.06.2012
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,900 Fans - No Vacancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x23z6j

BLOCK B MATCH;

01. Hiromu Takahashi [0] vs. Tiger Mask [6]

BLOCK B MATCH;

02. Alex Koslov [6] vs. Daisuke Sasaki [4]

BLOCK A MATCH;

03. KUSHIDA [6] vs. Taichi [2]

BLOCK A MATCH;

04. BUSHI [6] vs. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger [6]

05. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Tetsuya Naito & Tama Tonga vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI)

BLOCK A MATCH;

06. Angel de Oro [8] vs. Rocky Romero [4]

BLOCK B MATCH;

07. Ryusuke Taguchi [8] vs. TAKA Michinoku [4]

BLOCK B MATCH;

08. Brian Kendrick [10] vs. Low Ki [12]

BLOCK A MATCH;

09. Prince Devitt [8] vs. PAC [6]

NJPW, "BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XIX - DAY 12: FINAL",10.06.2012
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
2,050 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x23zrv

0A. Day 9 Block B Highlights

0B. Day 9 Block A Highlights

01. Daisuke Sasaki & Angel de Oro vs. Jado & Gedo

02. KUSHIDA, BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi vs. Rocky Romero, Brian Kendrick & Alex Koslov

BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XIX - SEMI-FINAL #1;

Ryusuke Taguchi vs. PAC

BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XIX - SEMI-FINAL #2;

Low Ki vs. Prince Devitt

05. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Captain New Japan vs. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI

06. Togi Makabe, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask vs. Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi

07. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto & Tetsuya Naito vs. Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii

BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XIX - FINAL;

Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Low Ki

Yeah, but it's something that should be supported, especially if people have access to it. I enjoyed it for what it was, but the stories really are thrown together right now, but I feel like that's just growing pains.

Definitely, it shows promise and with some consistent booking could easily rival ROH's TV show, which, while it often features great wrestling, also often feels very dry and dull.

You are right. TNA is the better product right now.
As a lifelong WWE fan it shocks me everytime I type it. When the Monday Night Wars were going on I watched both shows but was always a loyal WWF guy. Even when Nitro was kicking their ass I was a WWF Guy. I have always given the WWE the benefit of the doubt but if they dont give a shit why should I? The fans like Bryan, Zack, Kofi, Evan Bourne (Before Injury and suspension), Christian (Before they ruined him) etc. Cena is stale, Orton refuses to grow his character, Same for Sheamus, Tensai is a complete bomb. Punk got over because he was an anti hero who represented something fresh and different and they took that away from him. They absolutely refuse to push guys that the crowds start to enjoy. Christian finally really and truly got over and they fed him to Orton in a week and ruined a great feel good story. Now he is a face again and no one cares about him. Its almost like Vince is delibrately going against the audience......why? TNA is the complete opposite. Roode gets over and he gets pushed. Storm gets over and he gets pushed. Aries gets over and within one year he goes from a no one to a top tier guy.......BECAUSE THE AUDIENCE ENJOYS HIS WORK! Joseph Park, Bully Ray, AJ, Daniels and Kazarian ect. Everyone one of them was given an opporunity to get over and when they did they didnt fucking bury them just to screw with the audience. People bitch about Garrett Bischoff.....but he didnt get over and they put him in throwaway matches insead of shoving him down our throats. Same with Crimson, Gunner and the Robbie's. Those guys are doing good work, Kurt is back on he juice apparently, Joe gives a shit again, and Hogan is wisely managing his screentime. Bischoff was a negative, recognized it, and took himself off of TV. Hogan and Bischoff have the same ego Mcmahon does but they have been willing to actually adapt to the desires of the audience and the show is much better for it. Vince needs to pull his head out of his ass because I hate watching WWE and feeling like they could care less what myself or any other fan would like to see.

daemissary

TNA is way better than WWE right now. It's not perfect, but the product is way more entertaining. I'm actually intrigued to find out who the 3 masked guys are that attacked Sting on Impact, plus I'm still curious to find out what's going on with AJ/Dixie.

I'm enjoying TNA infinitely more than the E right now too. They'll have a couple of segments which are clunkers but they also have matches that are the quality of a Punk/Bryan affair virtually every week on free TV. Plus without the completely predictable endings.

Now that we've seen the event...I think that those "fake" CM Punk tweets may have been legit. It seemed to me like they are using AJ to turn this into a Kane/Punk solo feud cutting Bryan out of it. If that is the direction they head tomorrow night, I could see how Punk could be pissed enough to write those and then immediately delete.

I'm enjoying TNA infinitely more than the E right now too. They'll have a couple of segments which are clunkers but they also have matches that are the quality of a Punk/Bryan affair virtually every week on free TV. Plus without the completely predictable endings.

Now that we've seen the event...I think that those "fake" CM Punk tweets may have been legit. It seemed to me like they are using AJ to turn this into a Kane/Punk solo feud cutting Bryan out of it. If that is the direction they head tomorrow night, I could see how Punk could be pissed enough to write those and then immediately delete.
Bryan and Punk both have the technical ability to keep a feud interesting for a few months. Kane and Punk is fine for a short term feud but I don think either their in ring or promo styles are a good fi for a long term feud. In all likelyhood Kane vs. Punk is short term and with Bryan hanging around and then Bryan vs. Punk will be an undercard match for Cena vs. ??? And Brock vs Triple H. Hell, depending on who is matched up with Sheamus the WWE title has a strong shot of curtain jerking Summerslam. Disgraceful.

Top Bottom