• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Triple H is trending guys...

s94oS.gif

I was at NWO last night. What you didn't see - Kane dumping AJ on her head when he realised he had picked her up too early and they were still showing the replay of the finish. What a monster, he doesn't care about her at all!

Aiii

So not worth it
I wanted to post this:

Crowd: LETS GO ZIGGLER! LETS GO ZIGGLER! LETS GO ZIGGLER! LETS GO ZIGGLER!
Lawler: Listen to this crowd, the WWE Universe. Lets go Sheamus!

Fuck you Lawler and fuck you Vince!

But you all beat me to it I see.

Striker

Sheamus has been kicking ass ever since he ditched the King Sheamus gimmick. The guy has been one of the better workers in the company for the last 18 months and is one of the best prospects they've turned out in the last decade.
Has he had any significant feuds since that KotR mishap? I mean, other than winning the strap which pushed him into a mini-feud with Bryan (one that nobody cared for about Sheamus at all, mind you), I can't think of one.

Speaking of Sheamus kicking ass since then, remember what he was doing pre Rumble? He was wrestling Jinder Mahal on a consistent basis and basically placed under Bryan-Henry-Orton-Barrett-Show-Rhodes. They did a swerve to have him win the Rumble based off no momentum or redeeming feuds. That, my friend, was terrible booking. Just like we've seen countless times on Ziggler and Rhodes, who can do just as well as Sheamus, if not better which I'm sure most here would agree they can, once given the opportunity.

Aiii

So not worth it
I do hope AJ's alliance with Punk will lead to a Heel Punk. Face Punk is boring, Heel Punk could be good.

But that would probably lead to Punk vs Cena at Summerslam, and who wants to see that again?

Linkified

I enjoyed the PPV greatly bar the Hunico vs Sin Cara piss break match and the Main Event.

The answer to the latter is easy how Big Show win easily goes to attack Vinnie Mac have all members of the Job Squad show up, then you have a true Giant and Johnny has more threat as a character.

It has to be a heel that is a GM character especially when every champion is a face, but like I say I enjoyed it for £14.95 apart from Sin Cara match and the main event.

However seen as Sky wants to increase these prices, I might just start skipping these.

Pretty sure he wasn't supposed to make MitB at all as there was talk of having a MitB match at Summerslam for his benefit.
This wouldn't make much sense though with an actual MITB event a month prior, maybe he'll just beat up one of the case winners and Edge his way to victory.

Ithil

He's going to miss MITB at this rate and I will not be amused.

Well if it isn't him for Smackdown can we assume Cody will probably win?

Barrett was of course ideal, he'd be the best choice to take the title from Sheamus at maybe Summerslam (it'd be a good lengthy reign for Sheamus' first WHC). He's believable as an opponent who could beat him, hasn't been fed to everyone like Ziggler, and WWE management seems to like him a lot.

I wonder how badly his injury derailed some plans of theirs.

Well if it isn't him for Smackdown can we assume Cody will probably win?

Barrett was of course ideal, he'd be the best choice to take the title from Sheamus at maybe Summerslam (it'd be a good lengthy reign for Sheamus' first WHC). He's believable as an opponent who could beat him, hasn't been fed to everyone like Ziggler, and WWE management seems to like him a lot.

I wonder how badly his injury derailed some plans of theirs.
Rhodes and Ziggler seem like the frontrunners for briefcases but two heel winners seems unlikely, I want to take a gamble on wild card Kofi Kingston.

They need to get Barrett up the card, he did so damn good in his stuff with Cena and Orton, he manages to fit in up there rather well for a relatively new wrestler.

Actually, they were thinking of dropping MITB as a PPV back then.
Oh yeah, that was an idea at one point, chilled me to the bone as MITB has been a consistently awesome ppv, the power has shifted to July, no wonder June has been lame so far.
Actually MITB was always a July event, got my facts wrong.

Aiii

So not worth it
The power of June event normally kicks off after the June PPV and builds to MITB, so that's where you got confused probably.

Aiii

So not worth it
If it follows the normal pattern then it's Wrestlemania and it's follow-up Extreme Rules being good to awesome (which they were, in that order) followed by two rather crummy PPV's that only have one or two really interesting match (last year Christian/Orton, this year Punk/Bryan(/AJ/Kane)) and then back to good stuff when they start building two new young talent with MitB and start working on the longer term booking due to Summerslam angles.

Ithil

I am struggling to think of who they might want to win MITB. Last year it was quite unclear, as there were a lot of guys who seemed likely to win, and SD ended up being a surprise.

Here's the official list of the RAW roster:

Alex Riley - No
Big Show - Busy with Cena
Brock Lesnar - "Quit"
Chris Jericho - Suspended, probably doesn't even want to win
CM Punk - Already champ
Curt Hawkins - Jobber
David Otunga - Nah
Dolph Ziggler - Most Incredibly Obvious Choice Of The Year
The Rock - Too big for this business
Epico - Jobber
Evan Bourne - Injured
Jack Swagger - Hah
John Cena - Cena
JTG - Is apparently still employed
Kane - Still involved with Punk
Kofi Kingston - Can't see it, they really have no interest in the guy
Mason Ryan - Nope
Michael McGillicutty - Hasn't appeared in a non-battle royal/brawl capacity on RAW in about a year
The Miz - Filming
Rey Mysterio - Suspended, doesn't need to win
R-Truth - Injured
Santino Marella - Joke character
Tensai - Would have said possible a month ago, but they appear to have soured on him
Triple H - Too busy wearing a tie
Tyler Reks - Jobber
Zack Ryder - LOL

Wow that's a shit roster. I think they're going to have to have a SD wrestler win the RAW MITB at this rate. There's no one I can see winning it other than Ziggler.

Ithil

To compare, here's Smackdown's offical roster:

Alberto Del Rio - Injured? I don't think he'll be out for long, but he already won last year
Antonio Cesaro - Too early in his tenure, maybe next year
Brodus Clay - If the ladder doesn't collapse
Camacho - Jobber
Christian - IC champ, doesn't need the case
Cody Rhodes - Ideal choice, needs a way into the main event
Damien Sandow - Once again, too early in his tenure, but maybe next year
Daniel Bryan - Presumably still in the Punk feud
Darren Young - Tag team division
Drew McIntyre - Jobber
Ezekiel Jackson - Jobber
The Great Khali - Huge jobber
Heath Slater - Jobber
Hunico -Mexican jobber
Jey Uso - Tag team jobber
Jimmy Uso - Other tag team jobber
Jinder Mahal - Turban wearing jobber
Johnny Curtis - Jobber that apparently exists
Justin Gabriel - Jobber
Mark Henry - Injured, too awesome for the case
Randy Orton - Suspended
Ryback - Probably
Sheamus - Champ
Sin Cara - Possibly
Ted DiBiase - Injured
Titus O'Neil - Tag team division
Trent Barreta - Jobber
Tyson Kidd - Awesome "Jobber" McCool
Undertaker - Chilling on a beach
Wade Barrett - The other great choice, but still injured
Yoshi Tatsu - Jobber.

The Job Squad is alive and kicking and on Smackdown.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know?

Show runs over AJ at ringside, nearly KILLS HER. Kane pushes her of the apron making her tumble over the floor, she's fine.

Then again, the Big Show thing was 5 months ago, so we're probably supposed to have forgot about that now.

Striker

Ziggler or Barrett make most sense, but some wildcards would be McIntyre or Sin Cara. Hopefully there's one next year, because having two deals out this terribly set up system of two titles where it really benefits nobody. Unify the titles already - brand extension has been dead for years.

Ithil

Actually looking back the Observer says Barrett was expected to have a 4 month recovery, which started in February, and MITB is still a month away, so he might be back in time after all.

Assuming it all went smoothly. I wish they had kept him around for commentary while he was off, like they did with Punk.

Linkified

Wait hold the phone, what in the blue hell?! well it's been a good run Sky Box Office.

Yes supposedly its going to up between £5 - £10 streams because starting November all Sports event replays will be in HD. Sky has to recover these costs somehow.

Edit: Also MITB WWE Championship match will be Kane vs CM Punk. Daniel Bryan will win MITB match.

Ithil

That would be dumb because he can get a title match without it, easily.

Not to mention he won last year, it's kind of a waste of a case. He wasn't beaten in this match, and the ending of OTL was sketchy, he still has a reason for another title match. The only problem is he has nothing to do in the meantime if Punk/Kane happens at MITB. He'd just be hanging around for a month. Perhaps he should be the referee or something, so he can tease screwing Punk, but ultimately let him win so he can face Punk one on one for the title at Summerslam.

Entropia

No One Remembers
To compare, here's Smackdown's offical roster:

Alberto Del Rio - Injured? I don't think he'll be out for long, but he already won last year
Antonio Cesaro - Too early in his tenure, maybe next year
Brodus Clay - If the ladder doesn't collapse
Camacho - Jobber
Christian - IC champ, doesn't need the case
Cody Rhodes - Ideal choice, needs a way into the main event
Damien Sandow - Once again, too early in his tenure, but maybe next year
Daniel Bryan - Presumably still in the Punk feud
Darren Young - Tag team division
Drew McIntyre - Jobber
Ezekiel Jackson - Jobber
The Great Khali - Huge jobber
Heath Slater - Jobber
Hunico -Mexican jobber
Jey Uso - Tag team jobber
Jimmy Uso - Other tag team jobber
Jinder Mahal - Turban wearing jobber
Johnny Curtis - Jobber that apparently exists
Justin Gabriel - Jobber
Mark Henry - Injured, too awesome for the case
Randy Orton - Suspended
Ryback - Probably
Sheamus - Champ
Sin Cara - Possibly
Ted DiBiase - Injured
Titus O'Neil - Tag team division
Trent Barreta - Jobber
Tyson Kidd - Awesome "Jobber" McCool
Undertaker - Chilling on a beach
Wade Barrett - The other great choice, but still injured
Yoshi Tatsu - Jobber.

The Job Squad is alive and kicking and on Smackdown.

It's actually kind of sad that there are that many jobbers.

I don't understand why you don't have Ryback entering a program against like Brodus Clay or something. :\

I really wish I could send Vince an email and be like "Look, here are some simple feuds you can setup that would provide some interest to the mid-card. Good business is about taking chances and right now you make the safest choices possible."

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm kinda hoping,
sorry Kane fans,
the pay-off for the Kane/AJ/Punk ending will be on Raw and Punk can move on. I never looked at Kane as a long-time insert in this feud, just a one-time deal to keep Punk/Bryan from going stale before Summerslam.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm kinda hoping,
sorry Kane fans,
the pay-off for the Kane/AJ/Punk ending will be on Raw and Punk can move on. I never looked at Kane as a long-time insert in this feud, just a one-time deal to keep Punk/Bryan from going stale before Summerslam.

I have a feeling that Kane will feud with Punk or Bryan until the next PPV and then have Punk vs. Bryan culminate at Summerslam.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well, it makes no sense for either guy to take a backseat for a whole month, so I'm not sure how they'd work that. I think we're in store for another 3-way.

AJ clearly picked Punk, so they can't continue on the whole "WHO WILL AJ PICK" storyline for a month.

*shrug*

Ithil

I have a feeling that Kane will feud with Punk or Bryan until the next PPV and then have Punk vs. Bryan culminate at Summerslam.

Punk/Bryan at Summerslam is the best choice. It's their second biggest show, so you want big matches. The blow off to the Punk/Bryan feud guarantees a great match, no matter the outcome, that's the kind of thing you want for your big summer PPV.

Awww yeah Cena won again?!

I knew he'd overcome the odds and defeat the bad guys!

... but seriously, fuck Cena and his winning non-stop. I've never disliked him as much as others, but WWE are making it hard when he can only do the same thing every week (in the main event of course ;] ), combined with feuds that don't go past a single match.

Aiii

So not worth it
So on LAW they're pretty sure that Vince McMahon will take Johnny Ace's spot on weekly television. Thoughts?

So on LAW they're pretty sure that Vince McMahon will take Johnny Ace's spot on weekly television. Thoughts?

So essentially, we've turned full circle from last June.

Evil Johnny Ace has been forced out, and Vince is back to save the day.

I want Eric Bischoff.

I always felt CM Punk won the Cena feud last year, he beat him for the belt then did it AGAIN to reinforce the win.

It was the last time I remember Cena actually losing something then going on to something different with no 'THATS OK CAUSE I GET YOU IN THE END" zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz type thing.

Thus Super Punk was born.

Even when he lost again he just won it back straight away, reminds me of another Super guy lol.

All he does is threaten to fire people and go around making smug comments to heels. He's always been pointless as a face.

Seriously, what kind of story can they do with it? Some heel argues with him OH GUESS WHAT?? YOU'RE FIIIIIIIIIIIIRED HAHAHAHAHA *walks off to find the next random bad guy to insult*. :|

Guzim

I always felt CM Punk won the Cena feud last year, he beat him for the belt then did it AGAIN to reinforce the win.

It was the last time I remember Cena actually losing something then going on to something different with no 'THATS OK CAUSE I GET YOU IN THE END" zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz type thing.

Thus Super Punk was born.

Even when he lost again he just won it back straight away, reminds me of another Super guy lol.

I think when it comes to most of their matches (even before Punk's push), Punk has usually beaten Cena.

I think when it comes to most of their matches (even before Punk's push), Punk has usually beaten Cena.

Yea its weird, even with the Rock if they go again its expected Cena will come out winrar in the end. But Punk wins a proper series of stuff and Cena basically 'gives up' and does some other shit.

Actually I remember now it was HHH who stole Cena's payback win over Punk lol.

How did I forget, HHH needed that one. *rolleyes*

Top Bottom