• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

krae_man

I wonder if Ziggler will burn Lawler tonight. Something along the lines of "I stole the show last night and despite what Jerry Lawler thinks, the crowd was chanting for me!"

We can dream.

Aiii said:
Come on, she faked death and smiled behind his back Soulplaya, I'm sorry man, it's over, time to start the mourning process.

She's going to continue to toy with Kane, while playing the damsel in distress so Punk keeps trying to save her from the Big Red Machine - Punk and Kane will feud going into Money in the Bank, Punk wins but is either hurt in the process, or injured by a Daniel Bryan surprise attack post-match, which helps Bryan beat an injured Punk for the title at SummerSlam. AJ goes to console Punk post-match, but then hits him with a low blow before celebrating with Bryan to close the PPV, leaving Punk out for revenge and Kane enraged as he realises that AJ has been manipulating him all along.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
She's going to continue to toy with Kane, while playing the damsel in distress so Punk keeps trying to save her from the Big Red Machine - Punk and Kane will feud going into Money in the Bank, Punk wins but is either hurt in the process, or injured by a Daniel Bryan surprise attack post-match, which helps Bryan beat an injured Punk for the title at SummerSlam. AJ goes to console Punk post-match, but then hits him with a low blow before celebrating with Bryan to close the PPV, leaving Punk out for revenge and Kane enraged as he realises that AJ has been manipulating him all along.
if Kane is enraged by that point, he shouldn't be leaving this feud.

I hope Bryan is still in the title picture but as many have mentioned, the focus seem to have shifted to Kane/Punk>/AJ. However, I have a feeling that Bryan isn't done yet and we will have our blowoff match at SummerSlam.

Linkified

if Kane is enraged by that point, he shouldn't be leaving this feud.

Even the Devils favourite son has a heart and it will break. After its revealed that AJ and Bryan are still one. They are going to show clips of the moment when Kane's heart breaks ala Ralph Wiggums and Lisa.

Cagey

Banned
I hope Bryan is still in the title picture but as many have mentioned, the focus seem to have shifted to Kane/Punk>/AJ. However, I have a feeling that Bryan isn't done yet and we will have our blowoff match at SummerSlam.

I tend to think Punk not pinning Bryan for the win means their feud is still ongoing.

In Bryan's world, this is two PPVs where Punk didn't beat him.

Aiii

So not worth it
Kane will embrace the hate from all the betrayal. All the way back to the pre-show. JTG, Drew and Slater better hide.

Heath Slater is the Team Rocket of the WWE. He comes out and does a catch phrase, gets destroyed, then comes back the next week showing no signs of having taken any damage and has seemingly learned nothing.

He may be one of my favourites.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Wouldn't it be amazing if Rey Mysterio was revealed to be behind all of this? And it's just to get revenge on Kane for beating him damn near to death in 2008, and ending his World title reign in 2010? Huh?

"It was me, Kane! It was me all along, Kane!"

Cole: "Aw, son of a female dog!"

Mysterio is free to come back next week. Guess they'll put him on the Smackdown side since they have Punk and Cena working Smackdown shows now due to the lack of talent. Daniel Bryan vs Mysterio would be some great matches. Tonight's gotta be the night for them to do the big June angle if there is one this year right??? I'm still thinking Lesnar was the big summer angle, but they just rushed it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Mysterio is free to come back next week. Guess they'll put him on the Smackdown side since they have Punk and Cena working Smackdown shows now due to the lack of talent. Daniel Bryan vs Mysterio would be some great matches. Tonight's gotta be the night for them to do the big June angle if there is one this year right??? I'm still thinking Lesnar was the big summer angle, but they just rushed it.

Cyndi Lauper is the big June angle.

RBH

The new format NXT starts up this week doesn't it?
Anyone know, is it the full FCW roster or is it just a set cast?

Yup, airs this Wednesday (in NXT's timeslot internationally and on WWE.com and Brighthouse Network in the U.S., I believe). Looks like it will just be a certain portion of the FCW roster appearing on NXT.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What if it was Sin Cara? He needs a storyline, after all. Maybe he should be behind all of this AJ madness.

Sin Cara: *Takes out picture of Kane, points at it repeatedly*

I honestly think they are going to have Punk yell at AJ about her helping him win the title and then she goes nuts and Kane appears. Also, Sheamus is a good ring worker despite the push from HHH. Wish they would give him a more legitimate finisher.

I really wish that they have heels win all the titles. Kane, Damien Sandow with the IC or US, Ziggler or Cody, and let Jack Swagger win the other IC/US and have him go back to being mat based. Jack was great in ring when he was like that. Also have Brodus keep getting more serious and take out Big SHow. Establish him as a threat in the ring more so than the dancing gimmick.

Aiii

So not worth it
What if it was Sin Cara? He needs a storyline, after all. maybe he should be behind all of this AJ madness.

Sin Cara: *Takes out picture of Kane, points at it repeatedly*

Haha, that's great, they should totally do that.

I honestly think they are going to have Punk yell at AJ about her helping him win the title and then she goes nuts and Kane appears.

Nah, he was smiling when he saw it, obviously he's not gonna turn on her. He might claim innocence. But yell at her? Doubt that.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Haha, that's great, they should totally do that.

Nah, he was smiling when he saw it, obviously he's not gonna turn on her. He might claim innocence. But yell at her? Doubt that.
Well, we'll always have the memories, people. Remember this great moment from so long ago?

Avjfx_sCIAQpn2H.jpg:large

Bowser

According to F4Wonline.com, for the second pay-per-view in a row, WWE officials came very close to putting the WWE Championship on Daniel Bryan.

It had been reported after WWE's Over The Limit pay-per-view that debate had gone on all week behind the scenes about Bryan beating CM Punk for the title. Once again, Bryan was heavily considered for the win last night, and creative has discussed Bryan for the future as WWE Champion, but in the end, the company decided to stick with CM Punk as the champion for the time being.

*reads the above, tries to reconcile last night's ending with Bryan gone for 5 minutes*

1334888481104.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
*reads the above, tries to reconcile last night's ending with Bryan gone for 5 minutes*

1334888481104.jpg
It's a stupid dirt sheet post. It means nothing. Of course, "at one point", they considered giving the belt to Bryan. I'm sure, "at one point", Kane was brought up. It says nothing, and means nothing.

I hate the dirt sheet posts that try and explain why what happened at the PPV happened. It's always the most blatantly made-up of all their made-up crap.

somedevil

I mean they should just put the title on Bryan he is over and the crowd last night loved it when Punk and Bryan wrestled. The feud should still continue because he wasn't pinned when he teleported out of the match.

Also, with Matt Morgan gone its time for a new spokesman:

2012-06-18-following-the-blueprint.jpg

VerTiGo

Banned
I really don' get why people think Matt Morgan is good. He shouldn't be on any programming. Although, those direct auto commercials are good times.

And honestly, I thought that was a pretty horrible PPV. WrestleMania was good times but since it's been pretty meh and honestly WWE couldn't have followed up Slammiversary. Good times to be a wrestling fan.

Yes supposedly its going to up between £5 - £10 streams because starting November all Sports event replays will be in HD. Sky has to recover these costs somehow.
and I don't even have HD for Sky, in the words of Kurt Angle that's a load of bunk.

How does him coming back again so soon even make sense? After his and HHH's LEGENDARY BLOOD FEUD of a match that left us all riveted at the magnitude of its personal-ness, the pure importance of it all ended, how does he just waltz back in, show the NWO sign, hug and then squash the one-man-southern-rockband?

:|
I TXTED YOUU FROM YUR PHONE CAUSE YOUR WIFE GOT INSULTED AND UM UH YOU TOO BUSY WEARING A SUIT HAY WHERE YOU GOIN WIF MY BUDDY DER?

IT WAS PERSONAL GUYS

THIS BUSINESS, BORK

BE A MAN, SORT YOUR PROBLEMS IN THE RING

I LIEK TO FIGHT
This post is great, I'd almost forgotten about the texting stuff, but what really sucks is that as awful as that all was it was probably better than what's happening now and I say that as someone who has never liked Nash.

When Wade Barrett comes back I hope its without that stupid new theme he had that didn't really fit him at all.

He liked it though so he'll probably keep it lol. *shakes head*
I'll keep asking for some instrumental music for him because all this lyrical rock stuff hasn't fitted him at all and it's all been downhill since the Nexus theme which was actually pretty good.

Aiii

So not worth it
One of the more positive things of last night, aside from the obvious is the push for Titus and Young, very deserving. Love their characters and their angles.

Also good to see there's now 4 different tag-teams outside of the champions, now there's a tag-team division. Yay.

Credo

I'm just afraid Vince is going to have a classic Vince moment someday soon and decide to drop AJ from the Punk/Bryan/Kane storyline. I can see him deciding that the story should be that AJ had no real loyalty and was actually trying to stay close with all 3 guys so that no matter who was the champion, she would get to stay in the spotlight. Then, he would humiliate her by going the Eve route and have the crowd chant hoeski until she runs out. If that ever happens, I will rage.

I still think the best route is for her to have been working with Bryan all along, but after the way last night ended, I'm afraid Vinny Mac won't go that way.

Aiii

So not worth it
Relax, they put her in the main event of last week's Raw (I stop watching anytime Cena is on, so yes, it was the main event!). Clearly they see that they've got the next big Diva there, with Kelly Kelly and The Bellas gone, AJ is the perfect girl for their PR stuff. All the guys want her, she can wrestle, is the best actor of the bunch and she's cute enough to send to the troops for their promotional videos.

She'll be in the top 10 of Maxim's 100 next year. (because Vince will pay them to put some divas in there)

Entropia

No One Remembers
One of the more positive things of last night, aside from the obvious is the push for Titus and Young, very deserving. Love their characters and their angles.

Also good to see there's now 4 different tag-teams outside of the champions, now there's a tag-team division. Yay.

MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!
MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!
MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!
MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!
MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!
MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!
MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!

Cagey

Banned

A more edgy (read: racist) mid to late 90s WWF would know exactly what to do with groups like Epico/Primo, The Usos, The PTPers (I can't help but think of Dick Vitale now when I see D.Young and O'Neill), etc. It would be awfully offensive in hindsight yet produce great television and wrestling matches.

krae_man

1334888481104.jpg

Bryan being out for the last 5 minutes made no sense. How ever Kane doing the job and not Bryan means something. If the WWE was really destroying him he would have taken the fall.

Credo

All the guys want her, she can wrestle, is the best actor of the bunch and she's cute enough to send to the troops for their promotional videos.

She'll be in the top 10 of Maxim's 100 next year. (because Vince will pay them to put some divas in there)

Agree with all of it. But......Vince exists. I guess so long as she doesn't cross him somehow, she'll be fine.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bryan being out for the last 5 minutes made no sense. How ever Kane doing the job and not Bryan means something. If the WWE was really destroying him he would have taken the fall.

Agreed. That's the thing with 3-ways, they always end up with one guy laying next to the ring for minutes will the other two battle and then changing that after a few minutes. Bryan being out in the last part at least means he'll continue his claim on the title shot.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Wouldn't it be more amazing if Kane came out, took off his mask, and just showed pictures of his granddaughter?

Kane: "I have a family, damn it! Stop making me betray my wife! Get these women away from me!"

VerTiGo

Banned
A more edgy (read: racist) mid to late 90s WWF would know exactly what to do with groups like Epico/Primo, The Usos, The PTPers (I can't help but think of Dick Vitale now when I see D.Young and O'Neill), etc. It would be awfully offensive in hindsight yet produce great television and wrestling matches.

It's not offensive. Most greats start in the tag team division. It's an honor and a dream come true for all those individuals part of that scene, especially when they finally got a tag division finally coming into its own.

VerTiGo

Banned

If they can keep the Punk/Bryan fued this way up until the Summerslam even... I will be totally impressed.

Wouldn't it be more amazing if Kane came out, took off his mask, and just showed pictures of his granddaughter?

Kane: "I have a family, damn it! Stop making me betray my wife! Get these women away from me!"

It would be something different at least

somedevil

Has anyone seen Daniel Bryan? Is he still knocked out on the outside of the ring?

Yep, still there or at creative wondering why they haven't given the damn title already.

Also wrestling with text has tons of AJ pics from smackdown up now and this hilarious one.

aMQsd.gif

You know how they built up the team that won last night? By beating them the last few weeks on tv in matches. This is the brilliant booking that got them in the situation they are in.

Top Bottom