• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know how they built up the team that won last night? By beating them the last few weeks on tv in matches. This is the brilliant booking that got them in the situation they are in.

Bryan lost for six months straight before he won the WHC. This is WWE, wins and losses mean nothing.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Bryan lost for six months straight before he won the WHC. This is WWE, wins and losses mean nothing.
I don't know why people want Bryan as WWE Champ. Don't you guys like him? He'll be doomed into a Cena feud, and may very well end up like the Miz, afterwards.

Which means, it will probably happen.

TUaN5.gif

Every time I see this I laugh uncontrollably. Not because he's making fun of J.R but because he constantly makes an ass of himself.

A more edgy (read: racist) mid to late 90s WWF would know exactly what to do with groups like Epico/Primo, The Usos, The PTPers (I can't help but think of Dick Vitale now when I see D.Young and O'Neill), etc. It would be awfully offensive in hindsight yet produce great television and wrestling matches.

Yup. AW would be reforming the Nation right about now.

jmdajr

Heh, Diesel. Never has a man worked so little for so much pay. Hopefully I can be tall in my next life and just collect money for free.

You know what else would be different? A storyline or match that has a satisfying conclusion. :(

There hasn't been a single storyline or match that could have had a satisfying conclusion for the entire audience in nearly a year now (Punk/Cena MITB), it was an even longer time before then (Michaels/Taker II). Even then, it's not like Punk winning last year at MITB appeased their entire fanbase.

G-Fex

THAT'S ENOUGH

I don't think you realize how dangerous this thread has become!

Its not always about being number one its about promoing/performing with bravery, honor and respect and putting others needs ahead of your own, and that's something Kevin Nash has done everyday of his life.

jmdajr

THAT'S ENOUGH

Its not always about being number one its about promoing/performing with bravery, honor and respect and putting others needs ahead of your own, and that's something Kevin Nash has done everyday of his life.

KennyKola-CMPunkLaughGIF.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
There hasn't been a single storyline or match that could have had a satisfying conclusion for the entire audience in nearly a year now (Punk/Cena MITB), it was an even longer time before then (Michaels/Taker II). Even then, it's not like Punk winning last year at MITB appeased their entire fanbase.
What you're saying is, we get one satisfying conclusion to a match a year?

Fuck.

THAT'S ENOUGH

Draw your last pathetic crowd so we can end this, Nash!

What you're saying is, we get one satisfying conclusion to a match a year?

Fuck.

Nope, I'm saying that your audience is always going to be split except in those rare incidences when storyline, booking, and the wrestlers involved are clicking. Otherwise there's going to be a split between what certain segments of the audience wants. What's worse is that fans tend to only feel that their desired outcome is the "right" one.

In short, You can't please all people all of the time.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Cena beating Brock was this years satisfying conclusion
*insert Vince head here*
That was it? Oh man.

At this point, this is the only thing that can make me feel better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-d05G6tC7Q

Sorry, Owl, lol.

Nope, I'm saying that your audience is always going to be split except in those rare incidences when storyline, booking, and the wrestlers involved are clicking. Otherwise there's going to be a split between what certain segments of the audience wants. What's worse is that fans tend to only feel that their desired outcome is the "right" one.

In short, You can't please all people all of the time.
I can understand their dilemma, but even in certain circumstances, things are just badly done for all. This is one of the biggest problems with so many PPVs (which is not something I had thought of before), but you have to drag things out, match after match, month after month. I still believe Bryan will become WWE Champ (solely because I think they need a heel to drop it to Cena), but it's going to be dumb after last night.

Isn't it amazing how in the WWE, when you get fired they let you come back the next night, when you are no longer an employee, to say goodbye to everyone on national tv? What could possibly go wrong right?

jmdajr

We should have a list of your most hated wrestles of all time.
And that's a strong word because I don't necessarily hate..but dislike.
Don't even have a top five yet, or know what order to put them in. But I can start with this.

1) Kevin Nash :)

DMczaf

THAT'S ENOUGH

in0KFwaa8lyLr.gif

All the Nash haters must be Goldberg marks.

Omg, Nash is gonna end Ryback's streak it all makes sense now!

He is gonna make wrestling cool again!

tm24

All the Nash haters must be Goldberg marks.

Omg, Nash is gonna end Ryback's streak it all makes sense now!

He is gonna make wrestling cool again!

Nah man, we have the Funkasaurus making wrestling cool again. Clay is gonna call Nash's momma and become the undisputed coolest guy in wrestling

I can understand their dilemma, but even in certain circumstances, things are just badly done for all. This is one of the biggest problems with so many PPVs (which is not something I had thought of before), but you have to drag things out, match after match, month after month. I still believe Bryan will become WWE Champ (solely because I think they need a heel to drop it to Cena), but it's going to be dumb after last night.

I dunno, I thought the wrestling last night was well above average (that seems to be a running theme of current WWE, as the wrestling on Raw has disappeared/gotten so much worse). And there are no booking decisions I could really argue with right now, with the caveat that I really need to see what is going to happen with Ziggler, Rhodes, and AJ next to call any of those the "wrong" decision.

*It should also be noted that I fell asleep during Big Show/Cena, the parts that I saw were terrible and that ending was shit. But at least I'm not seeing Cena no sell a firing for the third year running. Fuck that match, but the only Cena match I've cared about this year was when he fought Bork Laser, so I'm used to ignoring Cena in forming an opinion on a show.

**Sidenote: I have to assume that some heel will be the one who eventually loses the title to Cena, but not doing Face Punk vs Face Cena for the title would be throwing money away.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I dunno, I thought the wrestling last night was well above average (that seems to be a running theme of current WWE, as the wrestling on Raw has disappeared/gotten so much worse). And there are no booking decisions I could really argue with right now, with the caveat that I really need to see what is going to happen with Ziggler, Rhodes, and AJ next to call any of those the "wrong" decision.

*It should also be noted that I fell asleep during Big Show/Cena, the parts that I saw were terrible and that ending was shit. But at least I'm not seeing Cena no sell a firing for the third year running. Fuck that match, but the only Cena match I've cared about this year was when he fought Bork Laser, so I'm used to ignoring Cena in forming an opinion on a show.

**Sidenote: I have to assume that some heel will be the one who eventually loses the title to Cena, but not doing Face Punk vs Face Cena for the title would be throwing money away.
Yeah, I totally ignore Cena related stuff, so I'm not sure about his match. I only caught part of the ending. The wrestling has been good, but I'm sure they want a heel to drop the title to Cena, and it's going to be Bryan, who I fear will be buried in the process.

Their roster was thin already, but in the last few months they've had a major loss in wrestlers through injuries, suspensions, etc. They're gonna need all the padding they can get.
Though with such a bare bones roster they'd be hard pressed to even muster enough wrestlers for so many tag team matches in 3 hours.

Aiii

So not worth it
Though with such a bare bones roster they'd be hard pressed to even muster enough wrestlers for so many tag team matches in 3 hours.

LONGER PROMOS, MORE VIDEO PACKAGES, HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED HALF A MINUTE AGO! THIS REWIND HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY FRUITY PEBBLES!

LONGER PROMOS, MORE VIDEO PACKAGES, HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED HALF A MINUTE AGO! THIS REWIND HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY FRUITY PEBBLES!

This reality check is hitting hard, video packages and commercial breaks out the wazoo is the leader of this terrifying pack. My fast forward button will likely be obliterated from overuse.

pwinsider.com said:
According to court documents filed in the WWE vs. TNA lawsuit case, TNA officially terminated Ric Flair on May 11, 2012.

It's interesting to note that Flair is still listed as an official member of the TNA roster on the company website.

I'll have more on the WWE vs. TNA lawsuit shortly.

It sucks this damn lawsuit is going to prevent WWE from hiring some TNA guys like Shelley and Flair.

Ryback should win MITB. Atleast give the guy a fucking storyline or someone who hates his win streak and keeps trying to cost him matches. They are building the guy as a face so have him beat Tensai atleast. 90% of the roster is just directionless.

TheNatural

My Member!
Ryback should win MITB. Atleast give the guy a fucking storyline or someone who hates his win streak and keeps trying to cost him matches. They are building the guy as a face so have him beat Tensai atleast. 90% of the roster is just directionless.

Ill agree since MITB is so meaningless anyway. Give a new wrestler a chance in the rotation to win it and cash in aft er a match is so tired, then the title reign burns out as boring anyway most of the time. Ziggler is probably up to get a reign though.

Top Bottom