• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

One does not simply joke about Kevin Nash on television in 2012, even if it's himself. I need ample time to bring my TV to the garbage dump in preparation for something like that.

Aren't you more excited that a man who was fired last night is back on tv tonight to give a "farewell" speech and he didn't even miss one week? These stipulations mean so much in WWE.

Kevin Nash is coming back? Oh god, oh man, oh god, oh man, I'm going to have those dreams again...
aMQsd.gif

It's like Akuma's Raging Demon attack!

This one was one of the best in a while and not just because a Kane hater admitted that Kane did good.
But my highlight was...
"Show knocking guys off the cage like they were koopas in Super Mario World was pretty funny"
what a surprisingly fitting statement, though those jobbers aren't even as threatening as Koopas.

Well, the Sharpshooter is a Sasori-gatame, but who are we to argue with wrasslin gods!?

OeVEh.jpg

Thanks Aiii, listening now.

What's going on in this picture?

As cool as the name was, and as cool as Bradshaw made it look, I always found it strange that they called it the Clothesline from Hell when it was actually a running lariat, Stan Hansen style

I always thought the Lariat was that spinning motion that Zangief does?

tm24

No problem at all, but I must let you in on a little secret,
To actually explain it properly there was a very audible Ziggler chant and King swiftly claimed that it was a Sheamus chant because you know, it's WWE
Oh no, I think Vince is about to yell down my headset, it was definitely Sheamus chants and nothing more!

Oh trust me, that little piece of information was enough to figure out what actually happened

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The hype SoulPlaya, the hype!!!

6JuQT.gif

I was a little disappointed that Kane's offensive wasn't better during match, he didn't look weak, but Bryan's intensity being through the roof made him and Punk look somewhat tamer.
I don't want to be hyped!

The only thing that can top the AJ/Kane kiss from last night would be a sex tape, and they won't give us that, will they?

Political aide and personal bodyguard to Congressman Ron Paul.
109.JPG

JBL is awesome, wish he'd come back in some capacity - he'd be a far better commentary choice than King.

I always thought the Lariat was that spinning motion that Zangief does?

Lol, I guess that would be a spinning lariat.

A clothesline is where the opponent runs into your outstretched arm, whereas a lariat is where you swing your arm towards the opponent.

Cagey

Banned
I just realised, there's a freaking ROH iPPV this weekend - I wouldn't be all that bothered, but seeing as ROH are giving away the iPPV for free to me and anyone else foolish enough to buy their last in-house iPPV, I guess I'll be watching;

ROH - Best in the World: Hostage Crisis - Sunday, June 24th @ 5PM EST/10PM GMT

ROH WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH - ANYTHING GOES, PILE-DRIVER IS LEGAL & RICHARDS LAST SHOT AT STEEN;
. Kevin Steen (c) vs Davey Richards

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH;
. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (c) vs The All-Night Express

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH;
. 'The Belfast Bruiser' Dave 'Fit' Finlay vs 'Unbreakable' Michael Elgin

ROH TV TITLE 3-WAY ELIMINATION MATCH;
. Roderick Strong (c) vs Jay Lethal vs 'The Sicilian Psychopath' Tomasso Ciampa

BATTLE OF FORMER WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONS;
. 'Die Hard' Eddie Edwards vs 'The Notorious 187' Homicide

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH;
. The Briscoe Brothers vs The Guardians of Truth

HYBRID FIGHTING RULES (fuck you Cornette);
. Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly

Not a bad card, but nothing crazy exciting other than Elgin vs Finlay, which should prove to be an all out war. Looking forward to finding out who Truth Martini's 'Guardians of Truth' are, also hope ANX beat WGGT for the tag titles.

I think it's an exciting card given the location.

Steen v. Richards is going to set the NYC crowd at Hammerstein on fire. Steen is the perfect anti-hero face for an ROH crowd, and likewise, Richards (if they embrace this) is the perfect legitimate heel. It's going to insane.

Plus, I love both ANX and WGGT, so I'm down for this.

Cole/O'Reilly will serve as a nice long bathroom break for me.

EDIT: exciting but top-heavy card, I should say. the last three matches listed don't do much for me.

Khrno

What's JBL current contractual situation with the WWE?

I just know that he still have very close ties with them and has no intention to lose/break them. Also Vince loves him since he is a successful businessman.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
If the crowds are really coming around to Ziggler, don’t wait. Pull the trigger on him. If he stays the cool heel guy who bumps crazy and makes everyone look good and you don’t push him up to the next level, he’s going to FOR REAL be your new Mr. Perfect. Or your new Billy Gunn. You’re gonna be filming a 2-disc Dolph Ziggler DVD 20 years from now and everybody’s gonna be all maudlin in it, shaking their heads and wondering how a guy this good had one 11-minute technicality title run.
So on point.

JBL is currently in Russia, he is going to climb Mount Elbrus. He also wants to climb the Everest afterwards.

jdlun.jpg

I see

It was discovered by John Laurinaitis yesterday that Josh Matthews is a failed pro wrestler who tried to turn commentator and isn't even good at that either.

From all the Botchamania episodes that I've seen, they make him look bad, hence my questioning why is is commentating.

JBL is awesome, wish he'd come back in some capacity - he'd be a far better commentary choice than King.

Lol, I guess that would be a spinning lariat.

A clothesline is where the opponent runs into your outstretched arm, whereas a lariat is where you swing your arm towards the opponent.

Thanks for the clarification. And I agree that JBL should replace King.

tm24

What's JBL current contractual situation with the WWE?

I just know that he still have very close ties with them and has no intention to lose/break them. Also Vince loves him since he is a successful businessman.

It's good enough that WWE is investing in his 7 Peaks on 7 continents and will probably plug it on RAW. Don't think there's a legends deal involved though

So on point.

Ziggler not getting his due is so frustrating. I almost don't even want to watch his matches anymore because it sucks to see someone so talented relegated to making everyone else look good. If there was ever a new Shawn Michaels, it's THIS guy, not John Morrison, even down to having his own Sensational Sherri.

Khrno

It's good enough that WWE is investing in his 7 Peaks on 7 continents and will probably plug it on RAW. Don't think there's a legends deal involved though

Hopefully down the line he decides to go back to commentate even if it's just for a few months.

jmdajr

Ziggler not getting his due is so frustrating. I almost don't even want to watch his matches anymore because it sucks to see someone so talented relegated to making everyone else look good. If there was ever a new Shawn Michaels, it's THIS guy, not John Morrison, even down to having his own Sensational Sherri.

Hmmm, never thought of it that way.

when he gets a new entrance theme that has Vicky singing the lyrics we will know that he has truly reached the big time.

I still have hope that Jomospaien will return one day and eat everyone's lunch.

Ithil

25 minutes of Daniel Bryan interview.

I like how he starts off by saying he would love to be like Cena, main eventing PPV's regardless of owning a title.

Between this and other radio interviews, and Wrestling Road Diaries, Bryan comes across as a cool, chill guy, without the crazy ego that so many wrestlers suffer from (even Punk, who seems insecure and defensive about everything).

It's also a reason I don't get too worked up about him not getting pushes all the time, even if he's my favourite active wrestler in the WWE (and the world I guess), I imagine he himself doesn't get too worked up about it, if it happens it happens.

That said, he's already come further than anyone could have expected. I'd love to see him in 10-15 years time as a multi time WWE champ and eventual Hall of Famer, considering how gifted he is in the ring it seems deserving for him to have real, lasting mainstream success in his career.

Top Bottom