• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

FyreWulff

Jessica Havok? nah that looks like pretty some boss I mauled back in Castlevania Symphony of the Night to get the double jump or something.

But if she can wrestle WWE best not sign her, she wont be wrestling anymore if she does, they would clip her wings so to speak

As long as you don't look soooo good to me I think we're safe. And no named headbands.

She can wrestle. Also her twitter

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
uYXTNl.jpg

Jessica Havok wants to wrestle Beth Pheonix.

plz sign her wwe
WWE signing any female wrestler not named Sara will further prove that they don't 'get it'.
tumblr_m5olpo2xx11r9ts8xo1_500.jpg

I'd accept Melissa though

The June thing has to happen tonight if it's happening right? Maybe Laurinitis will blow up Vince or something, since he obviously had no qualms about shoving him into a steel cage. Even if Big Show won, wouldn't he think that Vince would fire him for that?

RBH

Meltzer mentioned on WOR that the current lawsuit means that WWE will be keeping away from most guys (Flair may be different) in TNA for at least 2 years.

Meaning 1) TNA wrestlers won't even have the option of going to WWE, obviously 2) when it comes to negotiating their contracts, they'll have even less leverage than they had before.

Taking out whether or not TNA has a valid case, it's a bad situation for the wrestlers.

Meltzer didn't say that they would keep away from TNA guys for 2 years, just that the lawsuit will probably go on for 2 years. If the lawsuit ended this month or next month they could do whatever they wanted after it's over. WWE definitely won't be touching any TNA guys while it's going on though for sure.

I'm still completely mystified as to why/how Sara Del Ray still isn't in WWE.
She can't run the ropes as good as Kelly Kelly.
Meltzer didn't say that they would keep away from TNA guys for 2 years, just that the lawsuit will probably go on for 2 years. If the lawsuit ended this month or next month they could do whatever they wanted after it's over. WWE definitely won't be touching any TNA guys while it's going on though for sure.
So can they sign Matt Morgan to a contract since he's out of his TNA contract or is that something they can't do at the moment because of this?

Khrno

How many people here actually like watching female wrestling? Even if they are good at it? Just curious.

I do when they can actually wrestle. I don't care about 2 "divas" pretending to do some holds and gymnastic moves, even if they are wearing the most slutiest clothes they found.

MITB11_Photo_172.jpg

Suck it Bryan, here's a properly applied submission on Punk.

Women's wrestling? it can certainly be enjoyable when good, it's just a shame that i've forgotten what good women's wrestling looks like these days.

So can they sign Matt Morgan to a contract since he's out of his TNA contract or is that something they can't do at the moment because of this?

Speculation is they won't, because they WWE lawyer McDevitt told the Judge that they had no interest in any TNA talents and no intention on hiring any of them. So if they hired Morgan it would make them look like liars and that's not good.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
How many people here actually like watching female wrestling? Even if they are good at it? Just curious.
I don't. I'm going to be perfectly honest, but that probably has to do with the WWE always making it clear that it's inferior to the male half, and always turning them into sex objects.

The best thing for the divas division would be them getting their own show on the new network were they can actually develop feuds and rivalries.

Me. I love 90's Japanese women's wrestling promotions like AJW, JWP, LLPW, etc, with wrestlers like Aja Kong, Akira Hokuto, Manami Toyota, Kyoko Inoue, Dynamite Kansai, Shinobu Kandori, Bull Nakano, Chigusa Nagayo, etc, women who could and often did produce matches as well worked, as hard hitting and as intense as their male counterparts. And although joshi wrestling isn't what it once was, there are still a lot of women's wrestlers that draw influence from that era and are putting on awesome matches every year in promotions like SHIMMER, Oz Academy, AIW, NCW, etc.

Here, just watch this - 90's AJW was fucking awesome;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmCEN6MCjpM

SoulPlaya

more money than God
AJ may be too busy starring on another special on the network.

Me. I love 90's Japanese women's wrestling promotions like AJW, JWP, LLPW, etc, with wrestlers like Aja Kong, Akira Hokuto, Manami Toyota, Kyoko Inoue, Dynamite Kansai, Shinobu Kandori, Bull Nakano, Chigusa Nagayo, etc, women who could and often did produce matches as well worked, as hard hitting and as intense as their male counterparts. And although joshi wrestling isn't what it once was, there are still a lot of women's wrestlers that draw influence from that era and are putting on awesome matches every year in promotions like SHIMMER, Oz Academy, AIW, NCW, etc.

Wow, this video is awesome.

tm24

Me. I have a rather large collection of early joshi stuff like AJW featuring Kong, Toyota, Nakono and the like, some shimmer and chikara does a lot of great stuff

DKehoe

I've always meant to watch more Joshi.
I remember on an Observer Radio a little while back Meltzer was saying the Manami Toyota hair match is the best match that he has ever seen live. Sean Waltman was meant to go with him to watch it but ended up not going and was then devastated to hear how great it was since he missed the chance to see it.

I remember on an Observer Radio a little while back Meltzer was saying the Manami Toyota hair match is the best match that he has ever seen live. Sean Waltman was meant to go with him to watch it but ended up not going and was then devastated to hear how great it was since he missed the chance to see it.

Yeah, I can imagine it was pretty crazy live - I don't remember it being one of my favourite matches, but they always made such a huge deal of the hair vs hair matches, the crowd were really invested in it, and the end with Manami having to be restrained because she doesn't want Yamada to go through with the stipulation was a great moment and got the team of Yamada & Toyota over huge, which led into one of the legit best matches ever, which Meltzer gave 5 stars;

Manami Toyota & Toshiyo Yamada (c) vs Dynamite Kansai & Mayumi Ozaki - 2/3 falls - (AJW 11/26/92)

DKehoe

Yeah, I can imagine it was pretty crazy live - I don't remember it being one of my favourite matches, but they always made such a huge deal of the hair vs hair matches, the crowd were really invested in it, and the end with Manami having to be restrained because she doesn't want Yamada to go through with the stipulation was a great moment and got the team of Yamada & Toyota over huge, which led into one of the legit best matches ever, which Meltzer gave 5 stars;

Manami Toyota & Toshiyo Yamada (c) vs Dynamite Kansai & Mayumi Ozaki - 2/3 falls - (AJW 11/26/92)

Thanks for the recommendation. If I get time I'll watch that tomorrow!

tm24

According to PWI

Sources have told us that Kevin Nash is not at Raw at this time and is not written into tonight's show. Nash tweeted yesterday that he would be running Raw tonight. It seems he was just kidding around.

Top Bottom