• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Khrno

- It was announced on last night's Raw that former GM's will be hosting the show until WWE decides on a new and permanent. Here is a list of who is eligible to run the show during this time…

* Mick Foley (hosted Raw, will host Smackdown this week)
* Vince McMahon
* Teddy Long
* Stephanie McMahon
* William Regal
* Mike Adamle
* Steve Austin
* Ric Flair
* Jonathan Coachman
* Bret Hart
* Shawn Michaels
* Vickie Guerrero
* The Anonymous GM
* Previous Guest GM's

Good stuff, want to see Bret on TV again.

Also, I hope we get the laptop again once, but right when they bring up the laptop as the GM, Edge appears and takes over the show as GM for the week.

1185510_o.gif

krae_man

Also, I hope we get the laptop again for once, but right when they bring up the laptop as the GM, Edge appears and takes over the show as GM for the week.

1185510_o.gif

Don't forget Eric Bischoff.

Oh and Don't forget the Survivor Series 2004 team that beat team HHH and won themselves the right to be Raw General Manager for the week:

-Maven
-Chris Jericho
-Randy Orton
-Hardcore Holly

jmdajr

Also, I hope we get the laptop again for once, but right when they bring up the laptop as the GM, Edge appears and takes over the show as GM for the week.

1185510_o.gif

needs more head smash
48561da3.gif

man losing Edge really hurt the WWE.

needs more head smash
48561da3.gif

man losing Edge really hurt the WWE.

What are you doing Edge? ...You've got the crazy eyes ...No, Stop that... brazzzrgta

Yeah, the laptop needs to come back covered in duct tape or something so they can redo that spot.

Where were you when Vader carried an entire quarter of Raw, and was on the Top 25 Power Rankings in 2012.

List is clearly invalid due to lack of OMB

Khrno

WWE are trying to make Cena clones right now, and that's good an all since having only Cena to rely on won't do any good if he ever gets injured.

But they are forgetting on creating huge heels, like what HHH, Edge and even Jericho were.

Hasn't Edge still not signed a new contract with the WWE? I doubt we'll see him, unless he does.

There hasn't been news about it, but even so, I don't think he would decline to make a live appearance if he isn't busy filming or doing something else.

tm24

Lol, I'm sure lot of people will disagree with me, but honestly I would prefer them to go for a more sports-style presentation - the only time we should see backstage is during an interview, or a wrestler's requested promo time. If there's action taking place, it should be in the ring, and I know they have time to fill, hence the abundance of lengthy in-ring promos that take up whole segments, but that's what the wrestling is for. Put the focus on the in-ring product and tell the story through the matches, with minimal need for poorly-acted, poorly-scripted promo back and forth.

Just once, i'd like to see a heel grab a camera man, threaten to kick his ass if he doesn't follow him and then jump a face. Would totally explain how cameras are always there for backstage beatings.

Also, fav 5

1. Super Smash Bros. (Player Uno & Stupified)
2. Kazuchika Okada
3. El Generico
4. D.Bry
5. Kevin Steen

krae_man

WWE are trying to make Cena clones right now, and that's good an all since having only Cena to rely on won't do any good if he ever gets injured.

But they are forgetting on creating huge heels, like what HHH, Edge and even Jericho were.

Don't forget Umaga and JBL.

Khrno

Don't forget Umaga and JBL.

In no way I consider Umaga on the same level as HHH, Edge and Jericho, they were the counter parts of Austin/Rock/Cena. JBL indeed is up there too.

SES/Nexus Punk could have become the top heel needed to replace the void left by Edge (and Jericho), but instead they turned him into a lame Cena clone.

jmdajr

Randy Orton was pretty much there, then he just kind of fell into mediocrity. But he beat Cena more than a couple of times.

krae_man

Next to JBL, nobody was more important to John Cena getting over early then Umaga. That character was created solely for that purpose and he was built up for almost a year before his feud with Cena.

Edit: I thought you were talking about Huge heels putting over Cena, not Huge heels in general.

Khrno

Randy Orton was pretty much there, then he just kind of fell into mediocrity. But he beat Cena more than a couple of times.

Yes, Randy would have been the natural choice, but he also went face, was that before or about the same time as Edge?

I hate how when a heel gets a good reaction by the crowds, they think, we have to turn him face and make him smile and kiss babies! Fuck that shit.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Congrats SoulPlaya. Last night you got AJ in a Kane mask, and today, you're happy about your future.

Maybe I should turn into a Kane fan and see how my life turns out.

jmdajr

Yes, Randy would have been the natural choice, but he also went face, was that before or about the same time as Edge?

I hate how when a heel gets a good reaction, they thing, we have to turn him face and make him smile and kiss babies! Fuck that shit.

Remember when Rock went face the first time? That was a good swerve. Wouldn't be a bad idea to lure them in and then WHAM.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Congrats SoulPlaya. Last night you got AJ in a Kane mask, and today, you're happy about your future.

Maybe I should turn into a Kane fan and see how my life turns out.
Being a Kane fan means having to go through years and years of frustration with occasional scraps of joy. Although, things haven't been that bad over the past few years.

In the end, though, you'll have a better sense of humor with lower expectations, which makes the few moments of joy even greater! So, try it out. There's always room for more in the Kane & AJ Kliq Alliance.

Khrno

Next to JBL, nobody was more important to John Cena getting over early then Umaga. That character was created solely for that purpose and he was built up for almost a year before his feud with Cena.

Edit: I thought you were talking about Huge heels putting over Cena, not Huge heels in general.

Oh right, in that aspect I do think Umaga was amazing, but yeah, was talking about a heel at the same level (or as closer) as Cena. It's weird that in the current WWE where face and heel roles are so well defined, they can't have a staple heel.

And the thing with the timing of Umaga is that it was right when Edge (and Orton too) were getting bigger and bigger by going against DX.

Being a Kane fan means having to go through years and years of frustration with occasional scraps of joy. Although, things haven't been that bad over the past few years.

In the end, though, you'll have a better sense of humor with lower expectations, which makes the few moments of joy even greater! So, try it out. There's always room for more in the Kane & AJ Kliq Alliance.

How come you haven't updated your avatar to last night's AJ?

There hasn't been news about it, but even so, I don't think he would decline to make a live appearance if he isn't busy filming or doing something else.

I thought one of the best heels was Eddie..He and certain wrestlers Define the term Heel

2009 Punk was molten hot as a heel once he stopped feigning innocence in the Jeff Hardy feud.
Oddly enough, executive meddling killed a lot of his momentum that time around too.

My top 5 Heels all time

Rick Rude
Mr Perfect
Eddie
Backlund- Why? Hilarious when he was a champ
Slaughter- So much Hatred when he fought Hogan and the Warrior

Khrno

2009 Punk was molten hot as a heel once he stopped feigning innocence in the Jeff Hardy feud.
Oddly enough, executive meddling killed a lot of his momentum that time around too.

2010 and 2011 Rumble's with him doing promos during the match have been some of the best WWE moments ever. Now we have #SnowAngels.

Next week both Jericho and Rey Mysterio should be back.

RBH

WWE has removed all listings and links for WWE NXT on their website, so it appears the rebranded version of the series, featuring mostly WWE developmental talents, will not be made available online officially by the company.
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/69448/bad-news-for-those-looking-forward-to-wwe-nxt.html?p=1

In recent weeks, WWE has been looking at a model for their proposed network that would see them roll it out as a paid premium channel where subscribers pay "x" a month to their cable or satellite provider to have access to the channel, as you would for HBO.

The feeling is that it would be easier to roll the channel out in that fashion because it would guarantee money for the providers as opposed to expecting them to pay WWE for the content, at least initially.

There is a growing amount of pressure within the company to get the project off the ground and not even the model they've been talking about is 100% a go yet.
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/69452/where-things-stand-with-the-wwe-network.html?p=1

As WWE noted, Chris Jericho will return to Raw this Monday. His suspension officially ends on Friday 6/22.

Rey Mysterio's Wellness suspension officially ends on 6/25.

Randy Orton's current suspension will end on 7/30.
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/69457/wwe-suspensions-update.html?p=1

I don't want to see anything. June has let me down. Sesame Street has more compelling storylines at this point.

Who makes bathtime fun? Rubber ducky, he's the one!

I'd tell you to still believe in the power of June but I can't even muster the strength myself any more.
Kids shows actually do have better plot, character development and leave the audience satisfied, WWE can still take me up on my Saturday morning cartoon idea from 2 months back if they want, it will be better.

My top 5 Heels all time

Rick Rude
Mr Perfect
Eddie

Good shouts with Backlund & Slaughter, Eddie was amazing too, but much like Macho's heel runs, I always found myself siding with Eddie anyway.

I'd have to go with;

1. Terry Funk
2. Ric Flair
3. Stan Hansen
4. Ted DiBiase
5. Jake Roberts

My top 5 Heels all time

Rick Rude
Mr Perfect
Eddie

Good shouts with Backlund & Slaughter, Eddie was amazing too, but much like Macho's heel runs, I always found myself siding with Eddie anyway.

I'd have to go with;

1. Terry Funk
2. Ric Flair
3. Stan Hansen
4. Ted DiBiase
5. Jake Roberts

1. Paul Orndorff
2. Eddie Kingston
3. Owen Hart
4. Ted DiBiase (that Virgil storyline!)
5. Shawn Michaels

Khrno

I don't want to see anything. June has let me down.

I know why you're down, don't blame it all on the poor Italians, some things can't be helped.

You should just sit back, let the month end, and enjoy your fellow Irish University graduate, Stíofán Ó Fearghaile.

Khrno

What the hell is a Social Media Score?

- Last night's edition of WWE Monday Night Raw had a social media score of 159,617 following the No Way Out PPV. The 2012, Raw has averaged 164,681 per episode, which includes two three-hour Raws. For Monday, Raw ranked #5 on cable TV behind VH1's "Love & Hip Hop Atlanta," Teen Wolf on MTV, and two Euro 2012 matches on ESPN.

Here is a a breakdown of how the show has performed right after a PPV…

* 1/30 (post-Rpyal Rumble) - 187,713
* 2/20 (post-Elimination Chamber) - 250,429
* 4/2 (post-WM 28) - 343,333
* 4/30 (post-Extreme Rules) - 162,413
* 5/21 (post-Over the Limit) - 144,452
* 6/18 (post-No Way Out) - 159,617

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
How the Reality Era Has Ruined WWE Programming

What say you?

Personally I feel some of the people here don't mind suspending their disbelief at all if they enjoy the character/storylines. But if you enjoy something no one else does you are definitely classified a "mark."

Ultimately everyone here is going to say that it's not about kayfabe or not-kayfabe, it's about what the product actual is. And no one here (at least) likes what WWE is putting out, whether it's reality era-ish or not.
Even in the reality era the more extreme/violent/goofy characters get over much easier.

See:

Randy spaz attack.
Truth talking about lil jimmy
Rhodes wearing a mask
Bryan Yessing his way to main event.
Psycho AJ
Santino's shtick
Ziggler showing off by extreme bumping and handstands
Ricardo being Ricardo

Why is Sheamus not over? Because he got handed the belt right at WM, everyone knows that. He hadn't really earned it from a 10-15 minute match against Bryan. He is a paper champ.

Why is Punk over-ish? Because he bitched about the company, left the company and then came back. Earning the E's audiences "love." Fact is, he is riding that momentum out and it won't keep him on top forever.

Now that's not to say reality-based characters cannot get over/are bad because there are good ones such as Damien Sandow and Otunga's lawyer bit. But you can't just cut and run on half your roster when they can't get over for doing things like riding a fucking low rider bike. Or are paired with other people at random cause it seems to make sense at the time, see: Kofi.

The point is they have to find the right blend of people with personalities dialed to 11 and those who can actually play the reality role and let the characters really interact with each other.

That way I'd be more accepting of the stupid shit they pull off instead of being expected to just accept the shit they pulled with Ryder/Eve/Cena/Kane.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
How come you haven't updated your avatar to last night's AJ?
I never thought about doing so, actually. I may just do that, lol.

Late, but great job Soulplaya!
Thanks, man. SoulDashing 4ever, lol.

Congrats Soulplaya my friend.
Thanks man, really, you're one of the best people on this whole damn board.

And thank you for continuing to shit on Punk. The work must be done.

Top Bottom