• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Khrno

It may not kill Bryan, but it would just be a terrible feud after having a good one like this. It would just be Cena smiling at Bryan, making fun of him, and calling AJ a ho. Yeah, I know Punk has been sort of similar, but at least Kane is there to add an interesting dynamic to it.

I would never consider a feud involving John Cena, good, not even decent. But the point stands, bring Cena in, that will make or break Bryan as a main eventer for this decade, there's no other way around.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I really hate to piss off Kane-GAF but when has a Kane love interest ever turned out to be a good thing? Most of the feuds that play out afterward turn out to be absolute shit. Case in point:

Kane and Tori = feud with X-Pac
Kane and Lita = feud with Snitsky
Neither of them were heel match ups. They both also suffered greatly from having no one to face (hell, they randomly brought in Viscera just so Kane/Lita would have someone to face, lol).

Also, AJ is more interesting and a better character than either Lita or Tori. A crazy heel Kane/AJ couple where AJ isn't simply using Kane as a pawn would be fantastic, imo.

And that is why we want this to be a good thing. We know AJ can wrestle if they actually let her. I want to see a more masochistic sadistic crazy Mickie James type character. I think Aj could pull it off the best.

If this is the 'reality' era, I wish they'd go for a more realistic presentation - y'know, one where heels and corporate management don't discuss their plans backstage in front of roving camera crews.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I would never consider a feud involving John Cena, good, not even decent. But the point stands, bring Cena in, that will make or break Bryan as a main eventer for this decade, there's no other way around.
The problem with your premise is that Cena IS the main event. The entire main event is just him. Even if he does well, Bryan isn't going to be in the main event for the next decade unless he's feuding with Cena for the next decade.

DMczaf

If this is the 'reality' era, I wish they'd go for a more realistic presentation - y'know, one where heels and corporate management don't discuss their plans backstage in front of roving camera crews.

Or when people who are suing you aren't given an empty WWE ring and promo time.

Will TNA get promo time too then?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

They should follow the TNA method of shaky cams poking through open doors.

John Cena works best when he has as little involvement in the feud up until the match as possible. Big Shoe's turn was pretty great right up until they finally let Cena talk about it and then it become unwatchable when they added multiple firing angles.

And that is why we want this to be a good thing. We know AJ can wrestle if they actually let her. I want to see a more masochistic sadistic crazy Mickie James type character. I think Aj could pull it off the best.

Which one? Because MJ was neither.

Khrno

The problem with your premise is that Cena IS the main event. The entire main event is just him. Even if he does well, Bryan isn't going to be in the main event for the next decade unless he's feuding with Cena for the next decade.

If John Cena remains at that level during this whole decade, power to him for remaining injury free and WWE's #1 best seller. I'm sure others would have loved not to have injured their necks, knees or so, to make them unable to continue at a higher level.

Or when people who are suing you aren't given an empty WWE ring and promo time.

Exactly, not everything has to happen in the view of the fans - and how does it make the slightest bit of sense for Triple H to try and goad a guy currently suing him into a fight by physically assaulting his representative?

cjelly said:
They should follow the TNA method of shaky cams poking through open doors.

Lol, I'm sure lot of people will disagree with me, but honestly I would prefer them to go for a more sports-style presentation - the only time we should see backstage is during an interview, or a wrestler's requested promo time. If there's action taking place, it should be in the ring, and I know they have time to fill, hence the abundance of lengthy in-ring promos that take up whole segments, but that's what the wrestling is for. Put the focus on the in-ring product and tell the story through the matches, with minimal need for poorly-acted, poorly-scripted promo back and forth.

jmdajr

If John Cena remains at that level during this whole decade, power to him for remaining injury free and WWE's #1 best seller. I'm sure others would have loved not to have injured their necks, knees or so, to make them unable to continue at a higher level.
Cena had neck surgery no?

Kyoufu

Man, WWE is so shit. Kane is in another love angle. Cena is the main event again. Triple H is taking up the spotlight yet again.

Ugh.

Ugh.

Ugh.

Product is garbage outside of Punk/Bryan.

Hell, might as well do my Fave Five;

1. Kazuchika Okada
2. Austin Aries
3. Daisuke Sekimoto
4. PAC
5. El Generico

All 5 have been putting on one awesome match after another, which is why I find it hard to include WWE guys - D.Brine might be one of my favourite wrestlers, but it's hard to say he's deserving of a fave five spot when his chances to show why are so few and far between in comparison to guys outside of WWE's Universe. Also, the lack of storyline direction hurts in WWE far more than it does in promotions like New Japan, where the story is told 95% in the ring.

Fav Five? Fav Five.

1) D.Bry
2) Kevin Steen
3) Hiroshi Tanahashi
4) Ziggler
5) Aries

Penguin

Man, WWE is so shit. Kane is in another love angle. Cena is the main event again. Triple H is taking up the spotlight yet again.

Ugh.

Ugh.

Ugh.

It was subtle.. but funny how Punk/WWE title has fallen to the opening slot on the card now that they need main event for scene, and hour change for Triple H

Aiii

So not worth it
I like that when put in charge of getting drinks for a party Kofi showed up with like nine flats of water and nothing else.
He's been riding around with Punk for too long.

Hey, at least for once there won't be a wrestler getting a DUI after a night of partying.

Penguin

Now that the wWE is giving closure on ancient storylines, what other old ones would you like to see re-visited.

1) Who ran GTV?
2) Who raised the briefcase at King of the Ring 99?
3) Who was the fake Undertaker?

RBH

Now that the wWE is giving closure on ancient storylines, what other old ones would you like to see re-visited.

1) Who ran GTV?

Vince Russo said in a recent shoot interview a few weeks ago that Tom Green was supposed to be behind GTV.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT A 37 ON THE MCAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's higher than Harvard med school, I believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RBH

STARS-STRIPES_510.jpg

NBC’s upcoming military-themed competition series Stars Earn Stripes has lined up a celebrity cast, plus enlisted a former NATO commander as its host.

Stars Earn Stripes will feature celebrities competing in tough military training exercises and EW.com has the exclusive online cast scoop. NBC has tapped General Wesley Clark (ret.), the former Supreme Allied Commander Europe for NATO and 2004 presidential candidate to host the show along with TV personality Samantha Harris (Entertainment Tonight, Dancing with the Stars).

The celebrity competitors include boxing champion Laila Ali, actor Dean Cain (Out of Time), former NFL player Terry Crews (The Expendables), singer Nick Lachey (The Sing-Off), Sarah Palin’s husband Todd Palin, Olympic gold medalist Picabo Street, The Biggest Loser trainer Dolvett Quince and WWE star Eve Torres.

“I am thrilled to join Stars Earn Stripes as host and look forward to watching the celebrity cast members test themselves as they step up to take on these tough challenges,” said Clark in a statement. “This new series pays tribute to members of our dedicated armed forces and civil law enforcement and I know that the winnings, which will be donated to first-responder charity and veterans groups, will make a difference and send an important message.”

The eight competitors will gather at a training facility where they will tackle complicated and difficult “missions” inspired by real-life military exercises. Like on Dancing With the Stars, each celebrity will be partnered with an expert — in this case, an experienced member of the U.S. military or a law enforcement agency. Contests range from helicopter drops to long-range target shooting, with the celebrity and the veteran competing as a team. Each week, one team is eliminated.

Stars Earn Stripes is executive produced by Mark Burnett (The Voice), Dick Wolf (Law & Order) and David A. Hurwitz (Fear Factor). The show will debut with a special two-hour episode on Monday, August 13, at 8 p.m.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/06/19/wesley-clark-nbc-reality/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Congrats, right? Right?

I have such HHH fatigue. I'm shocked the crowds still eat him up.

Heyman was great yesterday for what its worth. Still debating whether I'll go to Raw here in Dallas.

Ugh.

Ugh.

Ugh.

The same Punk/Bryan that are getting ensnared in Kane's web of love, they aren't safe.
But yeah shit pretty much sums everything up right now, dare I say that not even MITB can save us this year.

1) Who ran GTV?

If only Leslie Nielson was still here, he could search for the fake Undertaker like he searched for the real deal.
I stand by Bossman having raised the case myself.

The real power of June is right here.

On that point maybe the power of June this year is WWE turns so shitty that the company have to force themselves to become awesome again or suffer a fatal collapse, heh, yeah that's a complete lie, sorry.

Also i'm liking these ever changing opening posts, Plywood you are redeemed.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Congrats SoulPlaya.

Man, I would've killed to have gotten anywhere close to that score. :lol
Dude, I'm fucking tearing up. When I clicked it, I was just hoping for a damn 29.

Thank you guys so damn much, I know I can be annoying at times, but you guys have no idea how much stress relief threads like this give me!!

Kccitystar

So this would explain why Eve stopped being shown on TV.

So many voids to be filled by people on Raw/SD. Not enough brainpower by Creative to book effectively to fill those voids :|

Dude, I'm fucking tearing up. When I clicked it, I was just hoping for a damn 29.

Thank you guys so damn much, I know I can be annoying at times, but you guys have no idea how much stress relief threads like this give me!!

Must have been quite the relief :)

jdjTl.gif

Ugh.

Ugh.

Ugh.

PG era. Plus other wrestlers won't really be able to show their true talents.

Back then jobbers where champions. They won't let Zig Zags nor Cody get back to that stage.

Also on a different note, Kane theme song. Not feeling it anymore. Lets go Hip hop on this
http://youtu.be/Vgk2E6V0d78

Playa would like this change...lol

SoulPlaya

more money than God
PG era. Plus other wrestlers won't really be able to show their true talents.

Back then jobbers where champions. They won't let Zig Zags nor Cody get back to that stage.

Also on a different note, Kane theme song. Not feeling it anymore. Lets go Hip hop on this
http://youtu.be/Vgk2E6V0d78

Playa would like this change...lol
A Mobb Deep song? Shoot, why not?

Although, I still wish they would use that Type O Negative song that was specifically made for Kane.

I don't have the Vince McMahon crying gif available so just imagine it's here.
I love ya pops

Cagey

Banned
How long did it take to study and prep for the MCAT?

I always figured it was an assload harder than the LSAT, since it tests... actual facts.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't have the Vince McMahon crying gif available so just imagine it's here.
I love ya pops
Dude, I took the test on May 19th!!!

It works, people, it works!!!!

How long did it take to study and prep for the MCAT?

I always figured it was an assload harder than the LSAT, since it tests... actual facts.
I've studied for both (I was planning on going into law before I switched). Studying for the MCAT is much harder, imo. The amount of information you have to retain is incredible. And at the same time, you still have to remember certain logical tricks like the LSAT.

Wow dude, huge congrats.

I suppose in celebration I can share this with you:
www.mediastorageplace.com/kane_aj_sextape.wmv
LOL!!!! Thanks man!

AJ is extremely happy for your 37, whatever that is, SoulPlaya.

kqlFD.gif
The MCAT is the medical school entrance exam here in the US (and also Canada).

Thanks man!!!

Must have been quite the relief :)

jdjTl.gif
Oh, man. You have no idea! Thanks!

Congrats, right? Right?
Thanks man!

How would Kane feel about this?
Knowing him, he'd give an evil laugh. Then lurk in the shadows to cry in proud joy, lol.

Cagey

Banned
I've studied for both (I was planning on going into law before I switched). Studying for the MCAT is much harder, imo. The amount of information you have to retain is incredible. And at the same time, you still have to remember certain logical tricks like the LSAT.

Good man. Good man. Help people pls!

Although, with health care law booming, anyone with a medical background who gets a law degree is fucking golden right now employment-wise.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I was in a phone shop earlier today and one of the advertisements was focused on a father's birthday that took place on...May 19th!
He must have the greatest birthday every year, then, lol.

Good man. Good man. Help people pls!

Although, with health care law booming, anyone with a medical background who gets a law degree is fucking golden right now employment-wise.
Yeah, after doing some stuff in law, I realized that it just wasn't for me.

Top Bottom