• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Khrno

Same .gif in a double post? Poor form, Khrno.

fJzM4.gif

Khrno talks in gifs.

For real.

It's my "rebel face Punk snow angels" gimmick.

Kaladin

pwinsider said:
TNA filed a lawsuit on Monday 6/18 in Nashville, TN against Scott Rechsteiner, professionally known as Scott Steiner, stemming from the attacks Steiner has made against the company, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and Bruce Prichard, among others, via Twitter.

In the lawsuit filed in Chancery Court for Davidson County, TNA noted that Steiner signed a contract with the company on 12/23/10 to appear exclusively for the promotion. A copy of that contract, including Steiner's payroll for his appearances ($2000 for events, $2500 for PPV, plus royalties to be paid 90 days later) was filed in court, including:

*An agreement that Steiner would not "make any statements or provide information, written, verbal or otherwise, which directly or indirectly disparages or casts in a negatie light any TNA officers, employees, representatives, affiliates, shareholders, licensees and/or past or current TNA talent."

*An agreement that Steiner would not use online social media or media appearances to discuss TNA without TNA's prior written consent in each instance.

TNA is claiming that Steiner violated the terms of that contract and is currently in breach for his online rants against the company. The company claimed that they contacted him on 5/10/12 asking him to cease the behavior but "Steiner, however, has ignored TNA's demands and has continued to breach the Agreement."

TNA is asking that they be allowed to recover their damages as well as court and attorney's fees. They are claiming the breach has caused the company "irreparable harm, which cannot be adequately measured by monetary relief."

TNA is also seeking a temporary and permanent injunction from the court to prevent Steiner from continuing to speak out against them.

Steiner has yet to respond to the court, obviously.

Steiner's shooting days may be numbered. I knew he should have published that stuff in a book instead of shooting on twitter.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I was working a show in Chattanooga, Tenn, that featured many former superstars and some up-and-coming ones as well. On this card was "Grandmaster Sexay" Brian Christopher (Lawler...yes, Jerry's kid). After the match (he won of course, being a former WWF Superstar/Tag Team Champion has it's perks...) he did his usual post match dance schtick. He brought a young boy who had an obvious mental handicap of
some sort up into the ring with him, placed his goggles (those "used to be in-style with morons" ski goggles from the '90s) on the boy's head and did the dance with him.

After the show, the family stopped me and thanked me and asked that I pass on their thanks to Brian for making their son's night a treat. The son still had the goggles on his head and a beaming smile that was
pure joy and awesomeness. So I run backstage and pass the message on to Brian. What I heard in response still shocks me to this day.

"Hey, go get those goggles back. Those things were like, $50 and I have to have them back. I don't care if you rip them off his goddamned head, go get them now!"

What I did was I asked the family if they would like to meet Brian Christopher, had them wait outside the locker room, and told Brian, "Dickhead, they're outside the door. You want the damned goggles back so much, you get them." And proceeded to wave the family in the room, leaving him and the kid.

When the family came out, the kid was sans goggles.

Wow. :(

You know, if this were ROH, Vince would have turned Punk into his corporate champion months ago because the fans would be booing his babyface title reign.

I know it's kind of become a joke now about ROH and face champions - but I'm sure Punk could have had a face title run just fine, considering how over he was at the time. I think the problem lies in a combination of ROH not pulling the trigger fast enough, and a lack of heels the fans truly hated. Sure, fans would boo Aries, Danielson, Aries the second time round, etc, because they were heels, but they still loved the hell out of those guys. But you look at Xavier - everyone fucking hated Xavier, Joe beat him and everyone loved Joe more than they did already. Then you've got face champions the fans turned on, like Nigel, whose reign dragged on and on, but was seemingly set up to put over Tyler Black huge, then, for whatever reason, we got an awful Jerry Lynn title reign no one wanted followed by half a year with heel-Aries as champ. But no one really hated Aries. He was a heel, but the fans loved his gimmick, and he was just so damn good that he was hard to truly hate - but Xavier? He fucking sucked. Nigel? He'd become so stale. Those were the perfect opportunities for a good face run, and they took that opportunity with Joe, but not with Tyler. In fact, the last successful face champ they had was Eddie Edwards - it came out of nowhere, just as people were getting sick of Roderick as champ and just as Eddie's star was rising. It's just a shame they fed him to Davey so quickly.

More wrestler run-in stories from Deadspin:

On my flight down to Miami for WM this year we switched planes in Minnesota. On the flight from Minnesota just as we were descending into Miami my friend noticed an older dude up in first class wearing a WWE All Stars t-shirt checking the overhead storage compartments.

My friend pointed this out to me and said "Look at the mark in the All Stars shirt", I had to look for a few seconds before responding "That's Roddy Piper...". We were sort of walking near him on the way to baggage deciding whether or not to talk to him.Then as we left the security area he got swarmed by a bunch of d-bag fans waiting with merch to be signed.

I sort of get now why Punk is always complaining about airport fans, fucking vultures.

EDIT: Just read the Piper story at that link. Now I'm really pissed that I didn't bother talking to him.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Re: Kenny Dykstra interview,

Not surprising Cena was fucking any woman that sniffed him. Shame that Mickie got stupid over him and after the fall out was mocked on TV before being fired. I also almost want Kenny to out the other diva.

Also not surprising to hear him speak about how everyone is walking on eggshells backstage. Everyone wants them to grow a pair but if they do they'll get "heat" backstage. These guys are boned if they do and boned if they don't.

jmdajr

I guess cheating only get men to the top. (sort of)

Well it sure as heck didn't hurt Cena or Edge. Fuck, it helped skyrocket The rated-R superstar's career. For real, doing Lita was the best thing that ever happened to him.

Re: Kenny Dykstra interview,

Not surprising Cena was fucking any woman that sniffed him. Shame that Mickie got stupid over him and after the fall out was mocked on TV before being fired. I also almost want Kenny to out the other diva.

I kind of figured it out. It's either Torrie or Victoria ... and considering Torrie has a boyfriend at some point when she was married to Kidman, my guess is Torrie.

Kenny's move to Smackdown was the 2007 WWE Draft. Only Divas who went from Raw to Smackdown were Torrie and Victoria. Sharmell moved with Booker, but I can't see it being her because Booker probably would have beat the shit out of Cena if that was the case, and I doubt he'd be back in WWE right now, ya know?

Khrno

I guess cheating only get men to the top. (sort of)

Well it sure as heck didn't hurt Cena or Edge. Fuck, it helped skyrocket The rated-R superstar's career. For real, doing Lita was the best thing that ever happened to him.

But Edge is awesome.

Also not surprising to hear him speak about how everyone is walking on eggshells backstage. Everyone wants them to grow a pair but if they do they get "heat" backstage. These guys are fucking boned if they do and boned if they don't.

It actually seems so random. We've heard tales of CM Punk and Jericho getting PUSHED after lashing out backstage. but guys like Ryder and Low Ki get jobbed/fired for wanting to do something and get over. It all starts to make sense as to why the product is so turrble right now. Back asswards company with SenileVince and nuHogan at the wheel.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't know who Doane is referring to as the "other Diva". The only Diva drafted to SD was Victoria and I don't think she's married to anyone outside of the Biz. The only other person I can think of is Torrie who is with A-Rod now and married to Kidman then. I think Kenny should come back as an English professor because this interview sure is clear.

Whatever, I'm not too interested in where Cener's weiners been in the past few years. Unless it's been in large black women.

8wgEm.gif

A bunch of new and confirmed New Japan matches;

NJPW "40th anniversary Tour KIZUNA ROAD", 7/8/2012 [Sun] 18:30 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo
(-) CMLL Certified NWA Historic Middleweight Championship Match: [Champion] Prince Devitt vs. [Challenger] Taichi
~ first defense.

Then NJPW will close out the KIZUNA ROAD tour with a big show in Yamagata with 4 title matches headlining the show.

NJPW "40th anniversary Tour KIZUNA ROAD", 7/22/2012 [Sun] 16:00 @ Yamagata City Sports Center
(-) IWGP Jr. Tag Championship Match: [Champions] Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask IV vs. [Challengers] Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov
~ first defense.
(-) IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match: [Champion] Hirooki Goto vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
~ 3rd Defense.

(-) IWGP Tag Championship Decision Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka
~ Following the no contest on 6/16, the reigning champions (Yano/Iizuka) were forced to vacate the belts. This will be a rematch.
~ Winner becomes the 60th Champions.

(-) IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match: [Champion] Winner of 7/1 Defense vs. [Challenger] Masato Tanaka
~ Tanahashi vs. Makabe on 7/1.

Then the final show of July will be held on the 29th which will see the IWGP Jr. belt on the line.

NJPW "40th anniversary Last Rebellion", 7/29/2012 [Sun] 12:00 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo

(-) IWGP Jr. Heavy Championship Match: [Champion] Low Ki vs. [Challenger] Kota Ibushi [DDT]
~ 2nd Defense.

Kota vs Low Ki is going to be a ton of fun, also, I hope Taichi beats Devitt - Taichi has improved a ton and deserves a title run. Most exciting match there has to be Goto vs Nakamura though, hope it proves to be as awesome as it sounds.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I kind of figured it out. It's either Torrie or Victoria ... and considering Torrie has a boyfriend at some point when she was married to Kidman, my guess is Torrie.

Kenny's move to Smackdown was the 2007 WWE Draft. Only Divas who went from Raw to Smackdown were Torrie and Victoria. Sharmell moved with Booker, but I can't see it being her because Booker probably would have beat the shit out of Cena if that was the case, and I doubt he'd be back in WWE right now, ya know?
Ah nice detective work Nihon.
It actually seems so random. We've heard tales of CM Punk and Jericho getting PUSHED after lashing out backstage. but guys like Ryder and Low Ki get jobbed/fired for wanting to do something and get over. It all starts to make sense as to why the product is so turrble right now. Back asswards company with SenileVince and nuHogan at the wheel.
Bipolar execs. But it's probably because Punk and Jericho "paid their dues."

Khrno

From JR's blog:
Back to RAW, it was another stellar night for the veteran Kane who has seemingly been reborn over the past several weeks with his physical involvement with WWE Champion CM Punk and Daniel Bryan notwithstanding the big Red Machine's soap opera entanglement with the controversial Diva A.J.

Kane's physical performances have been outstanding as it appears that Punk and Bryan bring out the best in the big man who has recently demonstrated amazing athleticism for a 300+ pounder.

Kane's on going relationship with A.J. has been an intriguing element on Raw that has my interest.

I'm still of the mindset that A.J. has developed a main event level persona in one of WWE's better creative presentations in quite some time.

There's more at the link about Heyman, HHH, Lesnar and the tag division.

From Aries twitter;

"@AustinAries ....and I've come to a decision. @HulkHogan @REALBobbyRoode, I choose Option C. Option C? @IMPACTWRESTLING, tomorrow 8pm/7c on @SpikeTV...

Kaladin

You can now order CZW Tournament of Death XI in several packages....the event airs taped delayed on iPPV this Sunday.

The 11th event of its kind where the sickest, most sadistic, insane, hardcore assemble in a one day tournament until only one is left standing. This year's event features: - defending TOD X Champion, MASADA - Scott Summers - Rory Mondo - Abdullah Kobayashi - Danny Havoc - Devon Moore - tHURTeen - Drake Younger - Matt Tremont Light tubes, barbed wire, scaffolds, glass & MORE! Witness it all on Tape-Delayed On-demand iPPV! Airs @ 8:00PM EST on 6/24/2012!

CZW Tournament of Death XI iPPV Only (2012) (9.99 USD)

CZW Tournament of Death XI (2012) (19.99 USD)
On-Demand Stream + DVD Package

CZW Tournament of Death XI (2012) (30.00 USD)
On-Demand Stream + DVD + Signed TOD XI Mat Canvas Patch

CZW Tournament of Death XI (2012) (40.00 USD)
On-Demand Stream + DVD + Signed TOD XI Mat Canvas Patch + Official TOD XI T-Shirt

Yes.....you can own a piece of the ring canvas used at Tournament of Death XI. There is likely a 1 in 10 chance that piece will contain blood stains.

http://www.hybrident.net/PPSSign-ups/299E058signup.php

Khrno

It's amazing what Kane can do when he isn't wrestling Khali or Show every week.

Kane is probably the most consistent "giant" in WWE ever. He probably can't keep with a 1-on-1 20 minutes match at high intensity anymore, but for shorter matches, or involving more people, he can deliver better than anyone his size and age.

Even Taker stopped wrestling full time years ago, while Kane probably wrestles 4 or 5 nights a week, in 20-fucking-12, what a man, give him the WWE belt for 1 month.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels pulled great matches out of big stiffs, why can't Kane? Is he just not good enough?
As good as Bret or Shawn? No, he isn't. However, he is a damn good wrestler, and the best big man they currently have (and has been for a while).

BTW, I don't think either HBK or Bret ever had to wrestle someone as bad as Khali, and if they did, they weren't good matches either. No, HBK/Khali wasn't a good match, either, so don't bring it up, lol.

Khrno

Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels pulled great matches out of big stiffs, why can't Kane? Is he just not good enough?

Now, come on, you are talking about the best wrestler ever, and that other above average, Michaels.

Kane is great, but not in a godly level, which is mostly reserved for Canadians.

Kaladin

Kane is probably the most consistent "giant" in WWE ever. He probably can't keep with a 1-on-1 20 minutes match at high intensity anymore, but for shorter matches, or involving more people, he can deliver better than anyone his size and age.

Even Taker stopped wrestling full time years ago, while Kane probably wrestles 4 or 5 nights a week, in 20-fucking-12, what a man, give him the WWE belt for 1 month.

Last time Kane got the belt, we got the Kane and Edge Roadrunner Show....I don't want that again.

Khrno

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Absolutely. I've always said that he's their most dedicated worker. He does media appearances, autograph signings, wrestles SD!, RAW, dark matches, house shows, PPVs, whatever. He's in great shape for a 45 year old, has wrestled more matches for them than anyone else over the past decade, and he's stayed consistent doing it (and in some ways, gotten better, as well). He's an absolute professional who has never had a bad thing said about him. He puts over young guys, stays over with the fans, and he hasn't taken any major breaks (except once for a major injury in 2002, and a few months in 2011).

And it required a giant gimmick to cover for things, lol.

Last time Kane got the belt, we got the Kane and Edge Roadrunner Show....I don't want that again.
We also got some of the best promos ever given during the Taker/Kane feud.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah but Soul... who'd he ever beat?
Kane has beaten everyone there is to beat. Stone Cold, Rock, HBK, HHH, Taker, Orton, CM Punk, Mysterio, Angle, Jericho, Show, Edge, Foley, Sheamus etc.

The only guys I can't remember him ever beating are Cena and WWE's Batista (he did beat him as Leviathan in OVW).

Top Bottom