• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Alvarez mentioned in passing on his radio show today that the WWE dropped the idea of having a past superstar compete on every Raw prior to the 1000th Raw (and replaced it with the former GMs hosting Raw storyline instead) since Vader got a bigger pop than anyone on the current roster aside from John Cena during that show.

What the fuck. Slater was just starting to get over in his legend killer gimmick

I would love it if they could get Perry Saturn involved in the 1,000th RAW somehow.

Not sure what the hell he would even do but just seeing him on RAW would be a nice moment.

Heel

Alvarez mentioned in passing on his radio show today that the WWE dropped the idea of having a past superstar compete on every Raw prior to the 1000th Raw (and replaced it with the former GMs hosting Raw storyline instead) since Vader got a bigger pop than anyone on the current roster aside from John Cena during that show.

Just so we're clear, WWE stopped doing something because the crowd enjoyed it too much?

How did Vader do in the ratings?

Pathetic.

This company loves to piss all over fans who enjoy something they don't want them to. So if the crowd was completely dead for Vader, they would've considered it to be a good idea to do the same thing each week?

But this guy is!

220px-Bob_Holly_in_Kitchener,_Ontario,_Canada.jpg

I'd mark hard if Holly ever showed up. He was my fav.

hell yeah.

Hardcore-Holly4.jpg

god i miss them... RIP Crash :,(

That's how DJSandman always looks like.

One day i'm going to meet Sandman in real life and I will RKO him.

Much like his namesake, Sandman will no sell the RKO, pour beer down his throat, bust himself open with the can, bust you open with a Singapore cane and then hit the White Russian leg sweep, before wandering off into the night, all while Enter Sandman plays.

Much like his namesake, Sandman will no sell the RKO, pour beer down his throat, bust himself open with the can, bust you open with a Singapore cane and then hit the White Russian leg sweep, before wandering off into the night, all while Enter Sandman plays.

and everyone will sing along to the song

G-Fex

We don't know each other IRL, I don't know any Gaffer IRL, FYI.

Our secret friendship means nothing now? SMH.

Wrong Bootaaay I'm counting on DJ botching the entire scenario and me hitting him with a water bottle. Then I will dance all over him to 'Poker face'.

Now he knows it's coming. How will you hit it "Out of nowhere"?

Sandman has to sleep sometime.

G-Fex

I am not friends with Blame Space.

and I don't like that girl, I don't care how big her boobs are, I just don't like her.

bangai-o

Banned
Perry Saturn was a very technical wrestler. lots of various suplexes and ground holds. kind of seems like a dichotomy having such a disciplined style being a member of the butthead Flock.

dream

Raw had its second straight strong rating on 6/18, doing a 3.40 rating and 4.97 million viewers, the best rating the show has done since the day after WrestleMania. The show opened strong so there was interest coming off the PPV regarding the firing stipulation. But it also had a big peak for the HHH/Paul Heyman segment, and the final segment with the “final appearance” of John Laurinaitis. The show placed third for the night on cable.

The show did a 3.1 among teenage boys, the highest in a long time (up 15%), 3.0 among Males 18-49 (up 11%), 1.3 among teenage girls (up 44%) and 1.2 among women 18-49 (down 8%). The viewership was 68.9% men.

In the segment-by-segment, Sheamus & C.M. Punk vs. Daniel Bryan & Kane lost 241,000 viewers. Jack Swagger vs. Dolph Ziggler lost 22,000 viewers. The Paul Heyman/HHH in-ring gained 559,000 viewers and a show high 3.74 quarter. Alberto Del Rio vs. Santino Marella lost 711,000 viewers. The segment with Cyndi Lauper, Wendi Richter, Heath Slater and Roddy Piper lost 12,000 viewers. I expected that segment to do well, a little because of Piper (not because of Lauper because it’s been a long time since she’s been a big deal) and a little because of the train wreck philosophy of ratings. John Cena vs. David Otunga & John Laurinaitis in the overrun segment gained 573,000 viewers to a 3.74 quarter. As far as main event growth, for Teenage boys it was up from 3.3 to 3.5, Men 18-49 from 2.9 to 3.5, Teenage girls from 1.2 to 1.7 and 18-49 women from 1.3 to 1.5.

Entropia

No One Remembers
In the segment-by-segment, Sheamus & C.M. Punk vs. Daniel Bryan & Kane lost 241,000 viewers. Jack Swagger vs. Dolph Ziggler lost 22,000 viewers. The Paul Heyman/HHH in-ring gained 559,000 viewers and a show high 3.74 quarter. Alberto Del Rio vs. Santino Marella lost 711,000 viewers. The segment with Cyndi Lauper, Wendi Richter, Heath Slater and Roddy Piper lost 12,000 viewers. I expected that segment to do well, a little because of Piper (not because of Lauper because it’s been a long time since she’s been a big deal) and a little because of the train wreck philosophy of ratings. John Cena vs. David Otunga & John Laurinaitis in the overrun segment gained 573,000 viewers to a 3.74 quarter. As far as main event growth, for Teenage boys it was up from 3.3 to 3.5, Men 18-49 from 2.9 to 3.5, Teenage girls from 1.2 to 1.7 and 18-49 women from 1.3 to 1.5.

God damn.

Top Bottom