• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

I'm still hoping they do a CM Punk v. Daniel Bryan 60 Minute Iron Man Match before one of them gets injured or CM Punk gets too fatigued. One that goes into overtime for another 15 minutes and ends with Daniel Bryan countering the GTS into a YES! Lock for the win. Only in dreams...

PS. They NEED Heyman on every week. I never watched ECW, completely missed anything to do with Heyman on Smackdown or Raw, barely ever heard of the guy. But watching him on air is fucking gold. And I watch this old clip of him going against Vince and it reminds me of the CM Punk shoot last year.

Delurking for a brief moment to say that was hot fire. The crack about wrestling being a dirty word was he worst part about that because we all know it's true. When you refuse to say the word wrestling at fucking wrestlemania, something is wrong

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Raw had its second straight strong rating on 6/18, doing a 3.40 rating and 4.97 million viewers, the best rating the show has done since the day after WrestleMania. The show opened strong so there was interest coming off the PPV regarding the firing stipulation. But it also had a big peak for the HHH/Paul Heyman segment, and the final segment with the “final appearance” of John Laurinaitis. The show placed third for the night on cable.

The show did a 3.1 among teenage boys, the highest in a long time (up 15%), 3.0 among Males 18-49 (up 11%), 1.3 among teenage girls (up 44%) and 1.2 among women 18-49 (down 8%). The viewership was 68.9% men.

In the segment-by-segment, Sheamus & C.M. Punk vs. Daniel Bryan & Kane lost 241,000 viewers. Jack Swagger vs. Dolph Ziggler lost 22,000 viewers. The Paul Heyman/HHH in-ring gained 559,000 viewers and a show high 3.74 quarter. Alberto Del Rio vs. Santino Marella lost 711,000 viewers. The segment with Cyndi Lauper, Wendi Richter, Heath Slater and Roddy Piper lost 12,000 viewers. I expected that segment to do well, a little because of Piper (not because of Lauper because it’s been a long time since she’s been a big deal) and a little because of the train wreck philosophy of ratings. John Cena vs. David Otunga & John Laurinaitis in the overrun segment gained 573,000 viewers to a 3.74 quarter. As far as main event growth, for Teenage boys it was up from 3.3 to 3.5, Men 18-49 from 2.9 to 3.5, Teenage girls from 1.2 to 1.7 and 18-49 women from 1.3 to 1.5.
And with that, I expect this angle to be dropped. Face it, folks, for whatever reason, Daniel Bryan & CM Punk just don't draw. Although, I'm sure there's always a drop after the opening segment (always a huge chunk tune it to see what's going down tonight, then leave, right?). Please, tell me that's true. I don't want this angle dropped. I mean not even Kane could overcome rating killing powers of Punk & Bryan (kiss my ass, previous numbers have shown Kane can draw, damn it!). I really like Bryan, so I hope he doesn't take the blame for this.

EDIT: Holy crap, were the only things that gained viewers top of the hour segments? No wonder the rest of RAW is just filler. Damn it!

EDIT2: Actually, wasn't there an overrun of Punk/Bryan that actually lost viewers not that long ago? Damn!

dream

When it comes to recruiting of talent, the frustration is back that Vince wants the athletes recruited and signed to all be big guys, 6-2, 240 and up as a basic standard, thinking one of the issues is he’s got a roster where a solid percentage of his best guys are right around 200 pounds. The remark Vince made to Bryan on Raw about nobody believing he’d be a WWE superstar if they saw him at the grocery store was based on one of the frustrations he’s got right now, with the thought process that he’s got a lot of guys who are his best guys right now, but they aren’t breaking through to the masses because they don’t have the look of what he considers stars to have.

Vince’s new thing on Raw is have the announcers during what are supposed to be comedy segments, do sound effects like they are trying to hold back laughter. It comes across as really fake and makes the product come across as low rent because nothing is worse than announcers laughing when the audience isn’t laughing.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
AJ , Kane and Daniel Bryan are not over in any way with the tv crowd.
this stuff is losing viewers.
Fire all 3 of them
Are you kidding? Before he got involved in this feud, Kane's nonsense was gaining viewers! Hell, I remember a match he had with Khali not that long ago that gained viewers!

Anth0ny

Raw had its second straight strong rating on 6/18, doing a 3.40 rating and 4.97 million viewers, the best rating the show has done since the day after WrestleMania. The show opened strong so there was interest coming off the PPV regarding the firing stipulation. But it also had a big peak for the HHH/Paul Heyman segment, and the final segment with the “final appearance” of John Laurinaitis. The show placed third for the night on cable.

The show did a 3.1 among teenage boys, the highest in a long time (up 15%), 3.0 among Males 18-49 (up 11%), 1.3 among teenage girls (up 44%) and 1.2 among women 18-49 (down 8%). The viewership was 68.9% men.

In the segment-by-segment, Sheamus & C.M. Punk vs. Daniel Bryan & Kane lost 241,000 viewers. Jack Swagger vs. Dolph Ziggler lost 22,000 viewers. The Paul Heyman/HHH in-ring gained 559,000 viewers and a show high 3.74 quarter. Alberto Del Rio vs. Santino Marella lost 711,000 viewers. The segment with Cyndi Lauper, Wendi Richter, Heath Slater and Roddy Piper lost 12,000 viewers. I expected that segment to do well, a little because of Piper (not because of Lauper because it’s been a long time since she’s been a big deal) and a little because of the train wreck philosophy of ratings. John Cena vs. David Otunga & John Laurinaitis in the overrun segment gained 573,000 viewers to a 3.74 quarter. As far as main event growth, for Teenage boys it was up from 3.3 to 3.5, Men 18-49 from 2.9 to 3.5, Teenage girls from 1.2 to 1.7 and 18-49 women from 1.3 to 1.5.

WTF?

I don't understand this shit anymore.

RBH

Vince’s new thing on Raw is have the announcers during what are supposed to be comedy segments, do sound effects like they are trying to hold back laughter. It comes across as really fake and makes the product come across as low rent because nothing is worse than announcers laughing when the audience isn’t laughing.
Wonderful.

Don't worry, no one here does.

That won't keep them from talking about it like they know exactly what it means and how it will affect every booking decision.

And it won't stop people like you from complaining about it every single time as well instead of just ignoring it.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Impact is not trash, Impact is the future.

I've seen the future.

bK7xX.jpg

Funny thing is Impact is still trash (AJ/Dixie is terrible), it's just RAW makes it look nice in comparison.

C'mon, son, Impact isn't "trash" you're killing me. Styles/Dixie got legitimately entertaining after Serg threw his haymaker and you know how much I hate soap opera angles. Bully/Joseph Park is also fun to watch, as is anything Austin Aries is doing. Plus the matches are way better all around. RAW is trash, Impact is solid.

G-Fex

C'mon, son, Impact isn't "trash" you're killing me. Styles/Dixie got legitimately entertaining after Serg threw his haymaker and you know how much I hate soap opera angles. Bully/Joseph Park is also fun to watch, as is anything Austin Aries is doing. Plus the matches are way better all around. RAW is trash, Impact is solid.

Yes exactly.

I'm glad Impact wrestlers aren't doing stupid things like snow angels.

Go to hell Punk.

Striker

And with that, I expect this angle to be dropped. Face it, folks, for whatever reason, Daniel Bryan & CM Punk just don't draw. Although, I'm sure there's always a drop after the opening segment (always a huge chunk tune it to see what's going down tonight, then leave, right?). Please, tell me that's true. I don't want this angle dropped. I mean not even Kane could overcome rating killing powers of Punk & Bryan (kiss my ass, previous numbers have shown Kane can draw, damn it!). I really like Bryan, so I hope he doesn't take the blame for this.

EDIT: Holy crap, were the only things that gained viewers top of the hour segments? No wonder the rest of RAW is just filler. Damn it!

EDIT2: Actually, wasn't there an overrun of Punk/Bryan that actually lost viewers not that long ago? Damn!
The fake-obsessive Kane schtick is getting older than the Chavo Guerrero burial to Hornswaggle.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I just don't have faith that TNA can keep it up, so I view everything on TNA with bitter resentment towards them. AJ/Dixie, though, is terrible, no matter what, imo. I just can't stand Dixie, to be honest.

Besides, they've got nothing going that's as interesting as Punk/Bryan/AJ/Kane, imo.

The fake-obsessive Kane schtick is getting older than the Chavo Guerrero burial to Hornswaggle.
You think this is fake?

LO Fuckin' L!!!

BTW, great contribution to the thread.

dream

To be fair, SoulPlaya's fake Kane fan gimmick is no worse than the people who pretend to like Daniel Bryan, especially since the past 6 months of ratings have shown us that Daniel Bryan fans don't actually exist.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
To be fair, SoulPlaya's fake Kane fan gimmick is no worse than the people who pretend to like Daniel Bryan, especially since the past 6 months of ratings have shown us that Daniel Bryan fans don't actually exist.
Damn, that's like LL going at Canibus. Someone here must get that reference, right?

Striker

Smackdown ratings were pretty consistent and above normal during Bryan's run (after the awfulness of Orton's run).
You think this is fake?

LO Fuckin' L!!!

BTW, great contribution to the thread.
The stale, overdone comedy can only be matched by the joke character segments of RAW. Fits right in. Only if your other 800 posts of creamy goat shit weren't so similar.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The stale, overdone comedy can only be matched by the joke character segments of RAW. Fits right in. Only if your other 800 posts of creamy goat shit weren't so similar.
You really dislike me to that extent? Damn, I've got nothing against you. My posts fit right in with the nature of most of the rest of the posts on here.

BTW, it's funny that you would try to start shit now, when we were right in the middle of a legitimate discussion about Impact and the ratings data (sorry Perspicacity, lol).

Funny thing is Impact is still trash (AJ/Dixie is terrible), it's just RAW makes it look nice in comparison.
Man I cant disagree more. Im not saying Impact is WWE circa 1999 but Impact is a pretty decent show right now. They put on some good matches every week, the guys who get over get pushed, and the storylines are not great but they make sense and are interesting. Biggest thing to me, and it may not matter to some, is that they make the title seem important. Everyone on the roster wants to beat Roode and when a title situation is brought up they make it seem really important. I keep waiting for them to drop the ball but they have followed their simple formula to a T and it makes for a good show. That being said Brooke Hogan is a joke and Garrett Bischoff is just a waste. The guy is always going to struggle with that last name and on top of that he has nothing special at all going for him.

I just don't have faith that TNA can keep it up, so I view everything on TNA with bitter resentment towards them. AJ/Dixie, though, is terrible, no matter what, imo. I just can't stand Dixie, to be honest.

Besides, they've got nothing going that's as interesting as Punk/Bryan/AJ/Kane, imo.

I mean I get that, but still. Impact, as a whole, is no question s better show than Raw right now. The WWE's making that pretty easy, but I just call a spade a spade.

And the AJ/Kane/Punk.Bryan angle has lost me until they make it look like they have ANY semblance of a finish line. The angle makes no sense to me right now.

C'mon doods, stop fighting. We can't let Meltzer tear us apart.

krae_man

How does the very first segment lose viewers? I continue to be suspicious of how ratings data are being interpreted by dirt sheet dipshits.

That match didn't start till 9:15. The first segment was Johnny and Mick Foley.

And it probably happened because a couple hundred thousand people didn't change channels quickly after NCIS was over.

G-Fex

Let's face it Soulplaya, the whole angle isn't that great. The only ones who make is great are AJ and Kane. CM Punk is terrible (and a terrible champion) and Daniel Bryan is a pretty good guy so it's okay he's involved but I don't see it going anywhere much less resolving.

We all know Company Man ain't even going to lose the title anytime soon (not that the title matters anyway).

All the things that matter now are Cena's beating everyone and HHH satisfying his ego

eldoon

Alberto Del Rio vs. Santino Marella lost 711,000 viewers.

Santino should of won hell in the cell.
Alberto should be fighting bryan in a YES VS SI BEEF

We all know Company Man ain't even going to lose the title anytime soon (not that the title matters anyway).

I actually hope Punk DOESN'T lose it. We're already 7 months into his reign, just let him keep it for a year and make it something special when he loses it. The title means nothing as long as Cena is above the rest of the show, so at least a year long reign can spark some interest for Survivor Series 2012.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Man I cant disagree more. Im not saying Impact is WWE circa 1999 but Impact is a pretty decent show right now. They put on some good matches every week, the guys who get over get pushed, and the storylines are not great but they make sense and are interesting. Biggest thing to me, and it may not matter to some, is that they make the title seem important. Everyone on the roster wants to beat Roode and when a title situation is brought up they make it seem really important. I keep waiting for them to drop the ball but they have followed their simple formula to a T and it makes for a good show. That being said Brooke Hogan is a joke and Garrett Bischoff is just a waste. The guy is always going to struggle with that last name and on top of that he has nothing special at all going for him.
I'm not saying that it's not good. It is pretty good now (except AJ/Dixie, fuck that). I've just been burned out on them so many times that just don't trust it right now. It's unfair of me, because WWE has done the same many more times, but I am just so used to watching them that I just can't stop watching unless the characters that I love leave totally (and it's happening sooner or later).

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Let's face it Soulplaya, the whole angle isn't that great. The only ones who make is great are AJ and Kane. CM Punk is terrible (and a terrible champion) and Daniel Bryan is a pretty good guy so it's okay he's involved but I don't see it going anywhere much less resolving.

All the things that matter now are Cena's beating everyone and HHH satisfying his ego
Yeah, the angle has lost a lot of steam (Punk retaining at NWO did that to me), and now, I feel like they're just spinning their wheels because they've got a month until MITB with nothing concrete to fill until then. AJ and Kane have been the best parts of the feud. Bryan hasn't really said much, and fuck Punk.

I know how to keep WrassleGAF from splitting apart. We just have to focus the anger on a singular entity. I propose that entity is me, and I will now make the following statement:

The Metroid Prime series was complete and utter horseshit.

G-Fex

I know how to keep WrassleGAF from splitting apart. We just have to focus the anger on a singular entity. I propose that entity is me, and I will now make the following statement:

The Metroid Prime series was complete and utter horseshit.

It's no super metroid but it's pretty good.

somedevil

This page is an intersting read. The ratings thing is not as bad as people are making out. The people who changed the channel after the opening segment where just interested to see what happened with Johnny Ace and thats really it.

The match anyway did like a 3.2-3.4 rating which is pretty good in my opinion and I'm not going to freak out over it anyway.

RBH

wwefinishingmovesdvd.jpg

Disc 1

50. JBL – Clothesline

49. Vader – Vader Bomb

48. Dusty Rhodes – Bionic Elbow

47. Million Dollar Man – Million Dollar Dream

46. Kerry Von Erich – Iron Claw

45. Ravishing Rick Rude – Rude Awakening

44. Lex Luger – Torture Rack

43. Dudley Boyz – 3-D

42. Bam Bam Bigelow – Moonsault

41. DDP – Diamond Cutter

40. Mankind – Mandible Claw / Socko

39. Honky Tonk Man – Shake Rattle and Roll

38. Yokozuna – Bonzai Drop

37. Flash Funk – 450 Splash

36. Sting – Scorpion Lock

35. Lita – Moonsault

34. Kevin Nash – Jack-knife

33. Jerry The King Lawler – Piledriver

32. RVD – Five-Star Frog Splash

31. Big Show – Chokeslam

30. CM Punk – GTS

29. Brock Lesnar – F-5

28. Bob Backlund – Chicken Wing

27. Batista – Batista Bomb

26. Mr. Perfect – Perfect Plex

25. Kurt Angle – Ankle Lock

24. Chris Jericho – Lion Tamer / Walls of Jericho

23. Edge – Spear

22. Iron Sheik – Camel Clutch

21. John Cena – Attitude Adjustment

20. Scott Hall – Razors Edge

19. Goldberg – Jackhammer

18. Rey Mysterio – 6-1-9

17. Road Warriors – Doomsday Device

16. Bruno Sammartino – Bearhug

15. Sgt. Slaughter – Cobra Clutch

14. Jeff Hardy – Swanton Bomb

13. Eddie Guerrero – Frog Splash

12. Macho Man Randy Savage – Elbow off Top Rope

11. Randy Orton – RKO

10. Bret Hitman Hart – Sharpshooter

9. Jimmy Superfly Snuka – Superfly Splash

8. Nature Boy Ric Flair – Figure Four Leg Lock

7. Hulk Hogan – Leg Drop

6. Shawn Michaels – Sweet Chin Music

5. Jake The Snake Roberts – DDT

4. The Rock – Rock Bottom / Peoples Elbow

3. Triple H – Pedigree

2. Undertaker – Tombstone Piledriver

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin – Stunner

DVD Disc 1 Extras

Bonus: X-Pac – X-Factor
Bonus: Booker T – Spinarooni
Bonus: John Morrison – Starship Pain
Bonus: Scotty Too Hotty – The Worm
Bonus: Rikishi – Stinkface
Bonus: Shane McMahon – Coast to Coast
Bonus: Billy Kidman – Shooting Star Press

Disc 2

Sgt. Slaughter Demonstrates The Cobra Clutch on Tony Anthony
World Wide Wrestling – 10th December, 1981

DDT vs. Rude Awakening Match
Jake “The Snake” Roberts vs. “Ravishing” Rick Rude
Madison Square Garden – 24th October, 1988

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Mr. Perfect vs. Texas Tornado
Dayton, Ohio – 13th January, 1991

WWE Championship Match
Bret “Hitman” Hart vs. Bob Backlund
Superstars – 30th July, 1994

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match
Kevin Nash & Scott Hall vs. The Giant & Lex Luger
SuperBrawl VII – 23rd February, 1997

King of the Ring Semi-Final Match
Mankind vs. Jerry “The King” Lawler
King of the Ring – 8th June, 1997

Rob Van Dam vs. 2 Cold Scorpio
Living Dangerously – 1st March, 1998

Four Corners Match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship
‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair vs. Diamond Dallas Page vs. Hollywood Hogan vs. Sting
With Special Guest Referee “Macho Man” Randy Savage
Spring Stampede –11th April, 1999

Disc 3

Chris Jericho & The Rock vs. Kurt Angle & Stone Cold Steve Austin
SmackDown – 15th November, 2001

Rob Van Dam & Bubba Ray Dudley vs. Brock Lesnar & Eddie Guerrero
Raw – 3rd June, 2002

No Disqualification Tag Team Match
Shawn Michaels & Jeff Hardy vs. Chris Jericho & Christian
Raw – 17th February, 2003

The Rock vs. Goldberg
Backlash – 27th April, 2003

6-Man Elimination Match
Bubba Ray, DVon & Spike Dudley vs. Evolution (Triple H, ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair & Randy Orton)
Raw – 14th July, 2003

WWE Women’s Championship Match
Trish Stratus vs. Lita
Raw 6th December, 2004

Fatal 4-Way Elimination Match to become the Number One Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship
Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton vs. JBL vs. Chris Jericho
Raw – 29th December, 2008

Fatal 4-Way Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Undertaker vs. Batista vs. Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk
Bragging Rights – 25th October, 2009

Six Pack Challenge Elimination Match for the WWE Championship
Sheamus vs. John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho vs. Edge vs. Wade Barrett
Night of Champions – 9th September, 2010

Blu-Ray Extras

Triple H & Undertaker vs. Big Show & Edge
SmackDown – 6th February, 2009

Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy & The Great Khali vs. Edge, Dolph Ziggler & Chris Jericho
Raw – 22nd June, 2009

No Disqualification, 6-Man Tag Team Match
Mr. McMahon & D-Generation X (Shawn Michaels & Triple H) vs. Randy Orton & Legacy (Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase)
Raw – 24th August, 2009

Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match
Team Mysterio (Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Chris Masters, Kofi Kingston, & MVP) vs. Team Alberto (Alberto
Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, & Tyler Reks)
Survivor Series – 21st November, 2010

John Cena & Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk & R-Truth
With Special Guest Referee Bret “Hitman” Hart
Raw – 23rd May, 2011

y49i.jpg

Disc 1

The Beginning

Dark Days

Bad Ass

DeadMan Returns

Championship Level

Streak vs. Career