• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

I'm not saying that it's not good. It is pretty good now (except AJ/Dixie, fuck that). I've just been burned out on them so many times that just don't trust it right now. It's unfair of me, because WWE has done the same many more times, but I am just so used to watching them that I just can't stop watching unless the characters that I love leave totally (and it's happening sooner or later).
Hell I dont trust it either but you might as well watch while it is good. Yeah they will probably screw it up but its a great diversion from the WWE at least for the time being. Besides Austin Aries, Joe Park, and Bully Ray are some of the best in the business right now and you know now that the show is Live Kurt Angle could snap and try a suicidal move at a moments notice. Speaking of Kurt WWE should bring him back when his conract is up. Possibly the most underrated performer of all time. Mic Skills, Wrestling Ability, Great Humor and was a good serious character when be needed to be.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Christian is at 15% because the fans that voted for him are the 100% that watch TNA.

mind fuck

Sting won more heavyweight championships with the Scorpion Death Lock than Bret Hart ever did with the Sharpshooter!

Also, Raw was shit. At least I've given up again so its stopped being disappointing and just 'Yea, I know'.

I, for one, am tired of the WWE serving their fans gristle when the fans deserve filet mignon. If I have to eat a moderately priced and tasting steak in the form of Impact, then so be it.

I missed 2 days on here. Did the new nXt start on wwe.com yet?
I haven't seen anything on the website about it at all. I tried to check yesterday to see when it was going to air but nothing was posted. They said it would be this week on last week's NXT.

They don't even have links to the NXT page on the website.

RBH

I missed 2 days on here. Did the new nXt start on wwe.com yet?

It doesn't look like they're even going to put the new season of NXT on WWE.com for those in the U.S.

We'll just have to wait until it's uploaded on Youtube tomorrow by someone in Australia, the UK, etc. since NXT is still airing on TV in those countries.

Dixie Carter on Twitter says she will reveal all about AJ Styles even though people will be hurt because of it. AJ-Dixie reveal, All 12 BFG guys in action, and Aries possibly wrestling two matches at Destination X. Sounds like tommorow should be a pretty good show. I am now officially worried.

DMczaf

The Metroid Prime series was complete and utter horseshit.

kI7N6.gif

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Dixie Carter on Twitter says she will reveal all about AJ Styles even though people will be hurt because of it. AJ-Dixie reveal, All 12 BFG guys in action, and Aries possibly wrestling two matches at Destination X. Sounds like tommorow should be a pretty good show. I am now officially worried.

Don't tell me Dixie got involved with Cena as well

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Hell I dont trust it either but you might as well watch while it is good. Yeah they will probably screw it up but its a great diversion from the WWE at least for the time being. Besides Austin Aries, Joe Park, and Bully Ray are some of the best in the business right now and you know now that the show is Live Kurt Angle could snap and try a suicidal move at a moments notice. Speaking of Kurt WWE should bring him back when his conract is up. Possibly the most underrated performer of all time. Mic Skills, Wrestling Ability, Great Humor and was a good serious character when be needed to be.
I understand. BTW, I think it's funny that we've just accepted him as Joe Park. I'll try to tune in tomorrow, if I'm not busy.

The AJ/Dixie stuff, more on the 3 masked men who attacked Sting, the gutcheck challenge, all 12 bfg series contestants must issue challenges to each other, the tv title has to be defended, plus Aries makes his decision. This is going to be a packed show. Can't wait.

RBH

I just watched the HBK vs. Taker HIAC match from Bad Blood 1997 on Netflix for the first time in ages.

My God, what a fucking great match.

It's amazing to see the difference between how they actually utilized the Cell to add to the match whereas most HIAC matches nowadays might as well just take place in a normal ring.

No other HIAC match comes close to this one for me.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Based on a reply in the "how much would the entire simpsons on blu ray cost?" thread..

Would you guys buy a box set of every RAW from a year? Like 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, etc?

DMczaf

Based on a reply in the "how much would the entire simpsons on blu ray cost?" thread..

Would you guys buy a box set of every RAW from a year? Like 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, etc?

I'd rather they just put them all up on Netflix/Amazon Instant. It's sorta ridiculous that they haven't done this, but we have to wait for their network to bomb first.

This thread is on repeat.

The healing process for Wrassle-GAF is slow and arduous, and sometimes the threads enter remission.

For the whole year's worth of episodes? Sure. For the 'best of' collections like what they do now? Nah.

Meh. You only go back for the classic moments or your personal favorite moments. I'm not interested in owning boxsets of Raw episodes, really, cause there's a lot of crap to get through. Like DMczaf said, I'd rather just have everything available to stream so I can jump around easily.

Meh. You only go back for the classic moments or your personal favorite moments. I'm not interested in owning boxsets of Raw episodes, really, cause there's a lot of crap to get through. Like DMczaf said, I'd rather just have everything available to stream so I can jump around easily.

This is the more sensible answer, but I kind of prefer having hard copies of any show I like.

Then again, with dvd/blu-ray copies comes music videos. Thousands upon thousands of music videos. I'm not sure if that's worth any price.

But one the other hand, WWE fans would finally be able to add Braden Walker matches to their home video collection. I don't know how anyone could turn that down. It's a tough choice.

This is the more sensible answer, but I kind of prefer having hard copies of any show I like.

I collect movies and certain shows, so trust me, I get the physical copy thing. But wrestling, Raw in particular, is different to me. Movies and normal TV shows can be classic and have classic episodes, respectively, but Raw has moments. You can probably count on 2 hands the number of Raw episodes where the entire thing was amazing. It's just the nature of The Business™.

I collect movies and certain shows, so trust me, I get the physical copy thing. But wrestling, Raw in particular, is different to me. Movies and normal TV shows can be classic and have classic episodes, respectively, but Raw has moments. You can probably count on 2 hands the number of Raw episodes where the entire thing was amazing. It's just the nature of The Business™.

This is also true. I actually can't think of an entire episode that was jam-packed with excitement. I suppose that the big appeal of having the full episodes would be to get the weird, one-off gimmicks in decent quality, but that could be handled just as well by the 'best of' dvds or special box sets.

You know what? I rescind my earlier statement. Streaming is the way to go, and the smart thing for WWE to do would be to put it on one of the more popular streaming services, or at least not pull down every channel that streams or posts the older stuff.

Lq464l.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Soulplaya do you seek out random threads in the OT that mention wrestling to post Kane in?
No, lol. I genuinely love the Simpsons, and I couldn't believe there was a wrestling vs. simpsons war going on.

Although, maybe I should start doing that? Going into random threads, and innocently try to lead the discussion somehow into wrestling, then just randomly mention Kane, "Remember that masked guy, Kane? I wonder what he's up to?" Then, before they know it, bam! It's Kane (and AJ too, I guess) galore.

Those suckers will never see it coming.

Cagey

Banned
Was this posted?

The Masked Man chimes in on AJ, Miss Elizabeth, and the Love Quadrangle

When Miss Elizabeth debuted, it was obvious. Our love for her was a given: McMahon and the WWF engineered it. When AJ debuted on WWE's tryout show, NXT, she wasn't much to speak of; the other Divas towered over her (figuratively and literally). But as time went on, AJ proved that she was more enthralling than her more conventionally attractive competition.5 Unlike Elizabeth, who was forced upon us (not that we weren't happy to have her), AJ grew on us. Elizabeth was a silent, despondent goddess, but AJ speaks, interacts, and matters as more than a symbol. She is an actor, not a prop.

This is the Reality Era, the pipe bomb generation, and we don't want anything forced upon us. Elizabeth, if she were introduced as she was back in '85, might not even work now. The wrestling audience is too mature — strange as that may sound to the casual reader — to have much interest in the gratuitous centerfold act that made Sable briefly famous in the Attitude Era. We like subtlety now. We like to make up our own minds. We like to be surprised.

In the '80s, we were young, we were inexperienced, and despite our exposure to Wendy Richter and Cyndi Lauper6 and the Fabulous Moolah, frankly, we never saw them as real women. Elizabeth was the first real woman in wrestling. Despite her passivity, she had emotion and purpose. But times have changed. The wrestling world has given us a parade of women in the intervening years, women of various archetypes — well, archetypes in the "college Halloween costume" sense. There has been sexy secretary, sexy schoolgirl, sexy ninja, sexy punk rocker, sexy redneck, sexy feminist. And through that ungodly procession, I guess, our tastes have matured. Miss Elizabeth was our first love, our true love, but it was a naive love.

Now we dig crazy chicks.

Anth0ny

I would buy the fuck out of 1997-2001.

Too bad it would be censored all over the place. It's one thing to simply watch highlights of the attitude era, it's a whole other thing to watch the full RAWs building up to certain moments.

Then again, I'd still take it over shitty VHS quality stuff available on youtube.

I watched every Raw from January 1997 to May 2000 in the last year and a half, and experiencing the build to the screwjob and the rise of Steve Austin week by week has been entertaining as fuck.

Top Bottom