• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Kccitystar

July Wrasslin |OT| Speaking in GIFS

ibiCPK8LpTLg9B.gif

ibvlkWHzAgwcxm.gif

*50 greatest finishing moves*

BOOO! No fucking Lariat! Hansen didn't spend much time in WWWF, but his short run produced some memorable matches against Pedro Morales and Ivan Putski, and hell, he broke Bruno's neck with it, and nearly started a riot in Shae stadium. Lariat > Pedigree. Actually, most moves on that list > Pedigree.

Striker

You really dislike me to that extent? Damn, I've got nothing against you. My posts fit right in with the nature of most of the rest of the posts on here.

BTW, it's funny that you would try to start shit now, when we were right in the middle of a legitimate discussion about Impact and the ratings data (sorry Perspicacity, lol).
No it's nothing personal. Probably the jab at Daniel Bryan was the issue, because he's been one of the better guys for ratings as far as Smackdown. If he's in that group that loses ratings, it's more likely that the actual segment is really not settling in with the crowd or the audience at home. I personally think the whole AJ-Kane-Punk-Bryan angle is terrible, and would hopefully be done with soon. Move Bryan on to much better things, and Punk needs a WWE title feud fast. His reign is as dull as his face character.

Khrno

No it's nothing personal. Probably the jab at Daniel Bryan was the issue, because he's been one of the better guys for ratings as far as Smackdown. If he's in that group that loses ratings, it's more likely that the actual segment is really not settling in with the crowd or the audience at home. I personally think the whole AJ-Kane-Punk-Bryan angle is terrible, and would hopefully be done with soon. Move Bryan on to much better things, and Punk needs a WWE title feud fast. His reign is as dull as his face character.

What do you suggest, what better things?

The only "better" thing for him right now would be to beat clean John Cena for the WWE title at Summerslam and that clearly will never happen.

Bryan is in the hottest feud of the year, in the longest-running storyline of who knows since when, the only better thing for Bryan would be if Cena didn't exist.

As for Punk, he is in the best WWE title feud he has ever had, his matches with Bryan have been better than those with Jericho, his reign is indeed very dull due to him being a Cena clone and pulling stupid shit like goat face.

I'm not trying to change your opinion of Bryan, but in the current WWE there is nothing better than where Bryan currently stands bar-Cena, but getting Cena out of the picture is like trying to get Vince to retire.

The only real way that I could see this feud getting better is by Punk losing the title and going after Bryan with something more than just lame jokes.

But anyway, please elaborate on what you consider better things.

Khrno said:
Yes but HHH > everyone, everywhere.

PunkPfffft.gif

To be fair, SoulPlaya's fake Kane fan gimmick is no worse than the people who pretend to like Daniel Bryan, especially since the past 6 months of ratings have shown us that Daniel Bryan fans don't actually exist.

Daniel Bryan fans are a refined, carefully selected group of pro wrasslin' aficionados whose viewing habits simply can't be tracked by conventional means.

So I was just at the station from my dream, no Ryback though but I wish he was there to eliminate the crowd of ascot horse racing jobbers clogging up the platform.

Khrno

Daniel Bryan fans are a refined, carefully selected group of pro wrasslin' aficionados whose viewing habits simply can't be tracked by conventional means.

Well, for starters, we don't have the USA channel.

So I was just at the station from my dream, no Ryback though but I wish he was there to eliminate the crowd of ascot horse racing jobbers clogging up the platform.

I hope you didn't take the train from the platform were Bourne unscrewed the rail piece.

Aiii

So not worth it
No clue, but apparently she wrestled AJ in dark matches twice back in January for tryouts.

I have yet to find footage or images of these matches though, despite my best efforts.

If Vince knew about this he would put a bet on and clean up...

Yeah this is confusing to me too. Paddy Power class it as a "novelty bet", but regardless it is still a normal bet you can win money on, even though it is a result at least a handful of people will know about before it goes down. A lot of the Odds are Evens, so people betting on just one match could double their money, which would be huge with a really big bet.

...although Boxing is the same
*pipe bomb*

Betting with insider knowledge...

Always ends well for all those involved.

I think betting on a fixed football match or boxing match is different than betting on a storyline outcome in WWE. Even with insider knowledge, it is still a storyline outcome, and not a fix.

Bookies often suspend betting on various Serie B match due to weird betting - which is supposedly the most ridged leauge in the world. Paddy Power removed the Ziggler match an hour before the PPV too. MAybe something went weird there...

Updated card for NOAH's Sumo Hall show next month, featuring talent from TNA!

NOAH "GREAT VOYAGE 2012 IN RYOGOKU", 22.07.2012 (G+ LIVE)
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

1. Mohammed Yone vs. Yoshiaki Fujiwara
2. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki (c) vs. Super Crazy & Ricky Marvin
3. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title: Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs. Christopher Daniels
4. GHC Tag Team Title: Jun Akiyama & Akitoshi Saito (c) vs. Samoa Joe & Magnus
5. KENTA Return Match
6. GHC Heavyweight Title: Takeshi Morishima (c) vs. Go Shiozaki

Wow, both those matches with TNA guys should be awesome, especially Kanemaru vs Daniels - also, really looking forward to KENTA's return and Morishima vs Shiozaki should be brutal.

So who's this Buggy Nova that signed with development?

I haven't seen her wrestle, but she works for smaller west coast indies like IWL and wrestled on a few SHIMMER pre-shows.

Khrno

Yeah this is confusing to me too. Paddy Power class it as a "novelty bet", but regardless it is still a normal bet you can win money on, even though it is a result at least a handful of people will know about before it goes down. A lot of the Odds are Evens, so people betting on just one match could double their money, which would be huge with a really big bet.

...although Boxing is the same
*pipe bomb*

They probably have some sort of cap for it, if someone comes and bets 10k on an accumulator with the best odds, they wouldn't allow that.

Or WWE insiders could just use this or any other betting site to make loads of money that way.

Say the odds for Ryder to win the Rumble are 1000/1, loads of wrong things could happen there because of that.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So Vince McMahon now has a minimum requirement of new wrestlers being 6'2" and 240 lbs?

Screw him. Wouldn't that have eliminated guys like Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels?

Khrno

I haven't seen her wrestle, but she works for smaller west coast indies like IWL and wrestled on a few SHIMMER pre-shows.

Supreme Pro Wrestling Christina Von Eerie vs Buggy Nova, BN is the one with the white top. Very nice that they keep getting women wrestlers and not only divas.

Plinko said:
So Vince McMahon now has a minimum requirement of new wrestlers being 6'2" and 240 lbs?

Screw him. Wouldn't that have eliminated guys like Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels?

Also Bryan, Jericho, Mysterio, Sin Cara, etc.

Ez9e0.gif

This is not enforced, but McMahon does get excited for the bigger guys.

Danial Bryan is very much under 6 foot.

Punk barley scrapes over 6, as does Christian, and they are both champs right now.

Trailer for ROH - Best in the World 2012: Hostage Crisis, live worldwide via iPPV this Sunday;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBj120OUoKY

Pretty good hype video - anyone thinking of buying? Anyone think ROH can actually pull it off without any disastrous technical failures? Anyone thinking of going to Starbucks instead?

I'll be watching, but only because I didn't ask for a refund on Border Wars, so ROH are giving away Best in the World for free.

Very nice that they keep getting women wrestlers and not only divas.

Definitely, it wont make much difference if the divas division never improves in terms of the time given to the wrestlers, but it's nice to see them going after women with a good wrestling background. Although how Cheerleader Melissa and Sara Del Rey remain unsigned is beyond me.

Khrno

Definitely, it wont make much difference if the divas division never improves in terms of the time given to the wrestlers, but it's nice to see them going after women with a good wrestling background. Although how Cheerleader Melissa and Sara Del Rey remain unsigned is beyond me.

I agree, but this is a step in the right direction. You can't expect to have a women division when 90% of the talent can't wrestle. Baby steps as they say, better than no steps at all.

More details about Buggy Nova - Natalie Osman.

California-based wrestler Buggy Nova has apparently signed a developmental contract with WWE as she made her Florida Championship Wrestling debut at Wednesday's Summer Slamarama event in Orlando, Florida, according to multiple attendees.

Buggy, who possesses an "alternative" look, participated in a Diva swimsuit competition as well as a dancing contest. Byron Saxton emceed the competitions and announced her as Natalie—her real name.

Buggy was first evaluated by WWE officials at the January 16 Raw SuperShow in Anaheim, California. She was invited to the following day's SmackDown taping in Las Vegas, Nevada, where she wrestled AJ in a tryout match before company brass. She was evaluated the following month at a SmackDown taping in Fresno, California, where she once again faced AJ in a private match.

Buggy is 22-years-old and billed at 5'8" and 135 pounds. Trained under the Ballard Brothers, she has been wrestling on the independent circuit since 2009.

RBH

Updated card for NOAH's Sumo Hall show next month, featuring talent from TNA!

NOAH "GREAT VOYAGE 2012 IN RYOGOKU", 22.07.2012 (G+ LIVE)
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

1. Mohammed Yone vs. Yoshiaki Fujiwara
2. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki (c) vs. Super Crazy & Ricky Marvin
3. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title: Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs. Christopher Daniels
4. GHC Tag Team Title: Jun Akiyama & Akitoshi Saito (c) vs. Samoa Joe & Magnus
5. KENTA Return Match
6. GHC Heavyweight Title: Takeshi Morishima (c) vs. Go Shiozaki

Wow, both those matches with TNA guys should be awesome, especially Kanemaru vs Daniels - also, really looking forward to KENTA's return and Morishima vs Shiozaki should be brutal.
Awesome stuff. Happy to see Magnus heading over there as well (for the first time, I believe).

Extreme Reunion hyping up their next show by using "never before seen footage" of Sabu being taken to hospital after he was too fucked to perform at the last show;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLeUpsekrhw

"Will Sabu rise like a phoenix from the ashes....or will he crash and burn, one last time?"

Lol, stay classy.

*edit. 100th episode of the Art of Wrestling hosted this week by CM Punk, as he talks to his guest Colt Cabana;

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

Khrno

20120614_Light_Technical_Wrestlers_homepage.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/classics/greatest-technical-wrestlers

William Regal on Daniel Bryan

WWE CLASSICS: Daniel Bryan seems to be this generation’s technical master. What makes him so special?

WILLIAM REGAL: First of all, he had a good mentor in me. And then he went and picked the brains of the best technical wrestlers around the world. He learned from Robbie Brookside and all the best wrestlers in Britain, all the best wrestlers in Japan. Then he took it to a level out of my realm with his jujitsu training and his grappling coach Neil [Melanson]. These are the people who are the best at what they do. He’s taken bits from every single one of us, which makes him better than everybody else.

WWE CLASSICS: Was he a natural from the start?

REGAL: That’s a real thing I have to get off my chest about this — there’s a reason the likes of me and him and Dean Malenko are considered great technical wrestlers. We’re not born with that skill. It’s because we spend more time learning it. We dedicate more of our lives to perfecting it and never stopping.

WWE CLASSICS: How difficult is it to become a master technician?

REGAL: It takes more work than most people are willing to put into it. There are a lot of people trying to do technical wrestling, but they have never actually been taught how to do it correctly. There’s a big difference between being a technical wrestler and doing loads of moves. There’s a hell of a difference.

WWE CLASSICS: So how does a competitor attain technical prowess?

REGAL: You can only learn that stuff by getting taught it, so you need to find somebody who is very skilled at it to teach you the nuances and the real detail of how to be a great technical wrestler. Johnny Saint was one of the great technical wrestlers from England, and all the young American wrestlers copy him, but none of them have actually trained with him. It’s a big difference. I watch them and I go, “Ugh!” It looks so horrible and out of place and they don’t really know what they’re doing.

WWE CLASSICS: Are there any Daniel Bryan matches the WWE Universe should check out to see technical wrestling done right?

REGAL: That incredible match with [CM] Punk at [WWE Over the Limit 2012]. Fantastic stuff. He just set a whole new standard. I hope everybody in WWE is watching.

Kyoufu

I'm hoping it's Survivor Series where Dwayne wins, then Punk wins Royal Rumble and takes the title back at WM29.

AWWWWW YEAH

Top Bottom