• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Khrno

No u.

I challenge you to. 'I quit' match you goober.

I'm going to make you say you quit then ill move on to challenge Keyser Soze at money in the bank.

tumblr_m5ysu7m0261qh0iy2o4_250.png

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Apparently Sid is still in fantastic shape - I can't remember who it was, but I heard an interview with a wrestler who said he still visits Sid from time to time and he'd come over and he just finished running a stadium. Why? Because he just enjoys it. No real need. It's just what he does.
He also has seemed like a genuinely good guy, from what I've seen. I don't get it. He's a 2x WWE Champion. I've never heard of him having beef with anyone in the WWE, so why have they essentially tried to totally ignore him? Koko B. Ware is in the HoF, so why not Sid? Why not any dang appearances?

Aiii

So not worth it
Now I can't follow AJ's day to day life like a proper stalker. This is unacceptable Vince, I demand you create a Twitter alternative, this instance!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He also has seemed like a genuinely good guy, from what I've seen. I don't get it. He's a 2x WWE Champion. I've never heard of him having beef with anyone in the WWE, so why have they essentially tried to totally ignore him? Koko B. Ware is in the HoF, so why not Sid? Why not any dang appearances?

I'm not sure - they tend to target him (deservedly so) a lot in Are You Serious? but I think Sid is amazing and I'd love to see him again. He's one of the few men on earth with naturally curly hair that are intimidating.

Everytime WWE gets an idea for Sid, they ask him if he could pass a drug test. The answer is always no.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Everytime WWE gets an idea for Sid, they ask him if he could pass a drug test. The answer is always no.

I forgot about that. They should hire him like they did for Rock last year, since there were no drug tests for his brand of employment.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well he should, he's the greatest tag team of all time.

For real though, when can he show up on Double Double E television

Between TNA suing WWE, and TNA suing Steiner...yeah probably not for a long time. Sadly.

Also I'm glad I got at least a few of you on the Sid wagon. :D He really was suuuuper-over at one point. It's amazing how he's come back from that terrifying leg injury and can still go in the ring. Sid is awesome.

qIazs.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
They're showing great video packages of all the FCW talent as introduction, it's great.

So weird they're not showing it on wwe.com.

Kaladin

Also I'm glad I got at least a few of you on the Sid wagon. :D He really was suuuuper-over at one point. It's amazing how he's come back from that terrifying leg injury and can still go in the ring. Sid is awesome.

I'll never forget Sid vs HBK that ran 95 - 97...especially the big payoff match at the 97 Royal Rumble. Sid was awesome then.

XenoRaven

I honestly get a little tired of all the Punk's a sellout, Company Man Punk, Punk's boring now blah blah blah whatever stuff. I don't really understand what the guy is supposed to do. People want the titles to mean something, people wanted the belt on Punk. He gets the belt and he actually keeps it for an extended period of time, and actually wins matches when it's on the line lending credence to the fact that he's oh I don't know...the damn champion. Like the guy who should be winning because he won enough to be the champion.

I can agree that he seems to lack focus and intensity without clear motivation. But doesn't everyone? I thought his stuff with Jericho was really good. I didn't get to watch much of the feud, but what I did see was great. I actually didn't like the "your dad your sister" stuff and thought it was cooler when it was Best in the World vs Best in the World. Anyway, Bryan has been absolutely great the past few months, but what has he brought to the actual feud that Punk can feed off of? He comes out and yells YES a lot and Punk is just supposed to be really annoyed because he hates the word YES?

It's pretty much almost universally easier to be a heel than it is a face. A heel doesn't need a motivation to act a certain way. He just gets to be a jerk. He gets to insult people and beat them up for no reason. What can Punk do right now in the feuds he is in to match his SES stuff? Can you think of something? If not then maybe you should think twice before criticizing him. Does Punk own part of this decrease in intensity since this time last year? Absolutely. But I can't fathom why he's automatically the target for the blame instead of the writers. Here's a thought. People think Punk lacks motivation. I don't think Daniel Bryan is giving him motivation. I don't blame either of them. What if instead of Punk getting revenge on Bryan for the Kane thing, Bryan kept doing similar things in typical Daniel Bryan fashion and kept weaseling out of any attempt by Punk to get him back? By the time the PPV rolls around, Punk is so damn fed up with Bryan that he just wants to get him in the ring and beat the hell out of him. Now he has a reason to be pissed at Bryan, the feud gets heat, and people can stop complaining because Vince told Punk to call Bryan goat face.

I just get bothered when people compare him to Cena. They're not even in the same arena. During the whole feud with Dolph, I got the impression that Punk actually wanted to make Dolph look good, and Dolph did. Hell, Punk had a match with Swagger during that feud and made him look like a threat in the ring. It was the best Jack Swagger match I had ever seen. Dude works hard to put on great matches every night. But because he's not always dynamite on the mic and he keeps retaining the title people call him a sellout.

And that's my out of nowhere rant for the day.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I honestly get a little tired of all the Punk's a sellout, Company Man Punk, Punk's boring now blah blah blah whatever stuff. I don't really understand what the guy is supposed to do. People want the titles to mean something, people wanted the belt on Punk. He gets the belt and he actually keeps it for an extended period of time, and actually wins matches when it's on the line lending credence to the fact that he's oh I don't know...the damn champion. Like the guy who should be winning because he won enough to be the champion.

I can agree that he seems to lack focus and intensity without clear motivation. But doesn't everyone? I thought his stuff with Jericho was really good. I didn't get to watch much of the feud, but what I did see was great. I actually didn't like the "your dad your sister" stuff and thought it was cooler when it was Best in the World vs Best in the World. Anyway, Bryan has been absolutely great the past few months, but what has he brought to the actual feud that Punk can feed off of? He comes out and yells YES a lot and Punk is just supposed to be really annoyed because he hates the word YES?

It's pretty much almost universally easier to be a heel than it is a face. A heel doesn't need a motivation to act a certain way. He just gets to be a jerk. He gets to insult people and beat them up for no reason. What can Punk do right now in the feuds he is in to match his SES stuff? Can you think of something? If not then maybe you should think twice before criticizing him. Does Punk own part of this decrease in intensity since this time last year? Absolutely. But I can't fathom why he's automatically the target for the blame instead of the writers. Here's a thought. People think Punk lacks motivation. I don't think Daniel Bryan is giving him motivation. I don't blame either of them. What if instead of Punk getting revenge on Bryan for the Kane thing, Bryan kept doing similar things in typical Daniel Bryan fashion and kept weaseling out of any attempt by Punk to get him back? By the time the PPV rolls around, Punk is so damn fed up with Bryan that he just wants to get him in the ring and beat the hell out of him. Now he has a reason to be pissed at Bryan, the feud gets heat, and people can stop complaining because Vince told Punk to call Bryan goat face.

I just get bothered when people compare him to Cena. They're not even in the same arena. During the whole feud with Dolph, I got the impression that Punk actually wanted to make Dolph look good, and Dolph did. Hell, Punk had a match with Swagger during that feud and made him look like a threat in the ring. It was the best Jack Swagger match I had ever seen. Dude works hard to put on great matches every night. But because he's not always dynamite on the mic and he keeps retaining the title people call him a sellout.

Ctkp5.gif
Ctkp5.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God

My issue with Punk is that he keeps pushing the "I'm a rebel" gimmick in interviews, when it's just not true. In the end, it's not really a problem with him, but how the WWE has wanted him to act. He's Cena lite now. Is he better than Cena? Hell yeah, but he's got no direction, and I just get the feeling that he's only holding the title because they don't want to give it to Cena yet. He honestly has added very little to the current, feud too. They've neutered his character to such an extent that he's putting his arm around Sheamus, and it's ruined his character. He just smiles and adds nonsensical one liners to promos like it's done something for the feud.

On a personal level, I just don't like how he acts outside of the ring. He comes across as an ass, and he's constantly complaining about how he has to do all these media appearances, and he's never home. Dude, this is what you wanted. He made it clear that his goal after his promo last year was that he wanted the same money and treatment that Cena got. Well, this is it. Yes, you got the title and the tour bus, but Cena has to do nonstop media appearances too. That's no excuse to be a jackass just because some radio jock asked you the same question you've heard a million times.

Khrno

It's not about Punk not delivering in the ring, because he does, against whoever he is put against. The problem are his promos, they are not at the same level as they were last year, or the previous years. Since he got the belt his mic work started to turn dull until the point where he now resorts to Cena type of jokes to appeal to all the little jimmies, and Vince's twitter fetish, when he was so vocally against about that.

I don't consider him a sellout, I agree with what he said, he got to where he is with hard work, but his work now focuses somewhere else, and not in his promos. What can Punk now to match his SES stuff? Easy, improve his promos, they are not as good as his previous work, and what I fear is that this complacency he has been showing might end up affecting his in-ring work since he is getting his status for granted.

Punk feels untouchable right now, and it's being shown in his work.

WWE NXT 6/21/12

Isn't that like posting a torrent link basically?

Aiii

So not worth it
As John Canton over at TJRWrestling.com says (it's either him or Brandon Stroud), the current feud is between the big red monster, the best in the world and the actual best in the world.

Punk is being held back, he's been toned down, his "pipebombs" are calling people gay or calling them names. He lost the fire that made Punk Punk and that's a shame. Everyone loves the guy, just not his current direction.

XenoRaven

Can I ask what faces you've liked more than Punk in the past year? Two years? Three?

My point is I'm not convinced it's an issue with Punk as much as it is an issue with the company as a whole.

Khrno

On a personal level, I just don't like how he acts outside of the ring. He comes across as an ass, and he's constantly complaining about how he has to do all these media appearances, and he's never home. Dude, this is what you wanted. He made it clear that his goal after his promo last year was that he wanted the same money and treatment that Cena got. Well, this is it. Yes, you got the title and the tour bus, but Cena has to do nonstop media appearances too. That's no excuse to be a jackass just because some radio jock asked you the same question you've heard a million times.

In that last interview with Bryan he came out very honestly and said that he wished to be on Cena's position, to be the main event and everything that it implies.

Punk wanted basically the same and now he's complaining about all that shit, it's like those complains are to appear like the rebel he think he is, but sounds just like a whining bitch really. The dude is just not honest with that he wants or truly feels.

However,

Ctkp5.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Can I ask what faces you've liked more than Punk in the past year? Two years? Three?

My point is I'm not convinced it's an issue with Punk as much as it is an issue with the company as a whole.
Well, of course, but that doesn't mean that we can't criticize the direction that he's going in, point out the way he acts away from the company, or point out that his promos have lost their fire.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly get a little tired of all the Punk's a sellout, Company Man Punk, Punk's boring now blah blah blah whatever stuff. I don't really understand what the guy is supposed to do.

Just to be clear, to me, Punk selling out has nothing to do with how he is on the show itself, even though it is cringeworthy, it is a job.

The sellout talk from me comes from "I'll never use Twitter" "I'll never say WWE Universe" and more. He literally did sell out - but it's not as big of a deal as a lot of people make it. It's a job, you have to sell out if you want to be on top. That's all.

Khrno

It's probably something 70/30 or even 80/20. Punk is in a position where he could say I'm not going to say that lame joke but instead say something edgy.

However in the interview with Fallon, he said the goat face shit just came to him in an instant while he was there in the ring with Bryan. So he is also thinking on stupid jokes to get a "face" reaction, and by "face" I mean a Cena reaction.

Top Bottom