• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

tm24

killsteenkill-new.jpg

Buy this now - http://www.rohwrestling.com/apparel/kevin-steen-kill-steen-kill-t-shirt-new

I asked Steen about his Jiu-jutsu jackoff shirt. He said he didnt have any but ask him at the new PWG show. I didnt get a chance too

I finally got around to watching this. Best roster around and dat main event...
Tyson Kidd continues to be the most underused guy in professional wrestling, but if they let him work NXT regularly then I'll be happy (plus we also get Jinder, Cesaro, Bateman, and everyone stuck in developmental purgatory).

Really interested in the Bray Wyatt gimmick, he seems like a character straight out of Justified

UberTag

NXT is clearly must-watch material going forward.
Provided that you skip past all of the terrible recaps from RAW and Smackdown.
Vince-free WWE programming is simply the "best" WWE programming.

Regrettably, anyone who enjoys success on this show will eventually be elevated to the big leagues and be ruined by Vince... so let's enjoy them while we can.

Striker

I like that Jim Ross can actually call a match and not be afraid to use the terms "wrestler" and "wrestling".
With how Cole pushes down matches, wrestlers, or even segments is startling to me. It's as if he/Vince WANTS less viewers or to have the audience change the channel.

"This is embarrassing, and I'm sorry to the audience for watching this.", or any previous Daniel Bryan match prior to his MitB cash in.

Linkified

Right been thinking but wouldn't the most simplest solution to all our problems be the NXT roster beat up Sheamus, win WHC and take it to NXT. WE haven't had an invasion angle for so long.

Toki767

Impact was decent...maybe even good...until the ending. Out of all the possible outcomes they chose a really strange one. It could've been something way more interesting like Dixie wants a child and her and Serg can't conceive or something so she goes to AJ for a donation or something.

Oh well. At least they didn't drag this thing out super long.

Holy Wars

Banned
With how Cole pushes down matches, wrestlers, or even segments is startling to me. It's as if he/Vince WANTS less viewers or to have the audience change the channel.

"This is embarrassing, and I'm sorry to the audience for watching this.", or any previous Daniel Bryan match prior to his MitB cash in.

This Monday was embarrassing. I'm glad Cole can be the voice of the public.

Khrno

And Smackdown delivers. Great wrestling matches with the exception of that fucking shitbag Ryder. Bryan's offensive doesn't cease to impress me even more when it's against Kane. Ziggler had another great performance, good tag match and Christian/Del Rio was entertaining.

SmackDown the best wrestling show once again.

Also Cole is smarter than Lawler, during Ziggler/Sheamus there was a point where the crowd was very vocal but equally divided cheering both of them and Cole says: "Listen to that WWE Universe."

Muffin

Neo Member
And Smackdown delivers. Great wrestling matches with the exception of that fucking shitbag Ryder. Bryan's offensive doesn't cease to impress me even more when it's against Kane. Ziggler had another great performance, good tag match and Christian/Del Rio was entertaining.

SmackDown the best wrestling show once again.

Also Cole is smarter than Lawler, during Ziggler/Sheamus there was a point where the crowd was very vocal but equally divided cheering both of them and Cole says: "Listen to that WWE Universe."

If NXT is truly gonna showcase Kidd, Bray Wyatt, Sandow, Rollins, Ohno, with JR and Regal then things may get prettttty interesting when it comes to the best. They just need to not let half of NXT be promos for other shows (I know, impossible)

But yeah, Zigg sells everything, including Smackdown to me.

Khrno

NXT was great yesterday and the JR/Regal is the best team no doubt, but when there's Bryan, Ziggler and Christian having good matches, not mentioning AJ antics, Kane pyro and and interest rising on the tag division in the same show, it's hard to lean towards something else.

And although Sandow didn't have a match this week, he'll have one next week against that shitbag. You're welcome.

XenoRaven

I kinda feel like that Brahma Bull tattoo looks really dumb now. Like he's got this giant intricate tribal tattoo on his chest and shoulder, then on the other side there's just this bull.

Khrno

- Chris Jericho's WWE suspension ends today, and here is his final countdown post on Twitter…

"One man, one goal
One mission
One heart, one soul
Just one solution
One flash of light
One God, one vision
One flesh, one bone..."

- Jericho is expected to be working as a babyface when he returns to action. WWE showing footage of Jericho performing with Fozzy on RAW was a step in showing him in a more positive way prior to his return.

So that leaves Bryan, Big Show and Alberto Del Rio as the top heels right now. Who is Jericho going to feud with then?

Bryan? That would be good only if it's to keep Bryan away from Punk for a while, or is he going to a MitB match before going against a champion Bryan?

The best thing Jericho could do right now is team up with a lower card guy in a mentor role. Let Jericho coach him to an IC/US Title, maybe have the two of them pick up the tag titles somewhere down the road, then blow them up in the Rumble Match to set up the master/student match at Mania.

Or just have him dick around fighting mid/top heels, fuck it.

XenoRaven

While I do love me some heel Jericho, I sure would like to see one more run of wacky promo cutting rascal Jericho before he hangs it up.

Jamie OD

So, X-Division in the Bank?

That's just weird.

It will be forgotten about after a few months. Like the ranking system. Or the fans voting for who gets a title shot. Or the rule where titles change hands on a DQ. Or them switching back and forth on whether or not the X Division has a weight limit.

Teams announced for the CHIKARA 2012 King of Trios Tourament so far - this week's new addition, The Spectral Envoy of Hallowicked, Frightmare and the most devious one, UltraMantis Black;

iIWrcosaCvaT8.jpg

ibvrbshUFAtsrE.jpg

iPS8YPKl0KDfi.jpg

ibyP0y4WYUx5OB.jpg

Maria, hnggggggggggggggggggggg;

iGOOxRmojodVf.jpg

Bradshaw about an 8 hours climb away from the summit of Mt. Elbrus, tallest peak in Europe;

ib0vTlzm4n5gRG.jpg

Go JBL!

*edit, Joey Ryan has a camera and a Youtube account vol. 5 featuring the Amazing Red; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzImN5mnyF0

UberTag

Sandow should get the US title off Santino first.
As much of a fan I am of Sandow's promo work (anyone who cradles a mic like a wine goblet when cutting promos to sell his character is just the bomb), I'm still not sold on him in the ring. Fact is, Santino is easily the better worker and it's not even close.

Would still prefer to see Sandow in a managerial / stable runner role ala Right To Censor's Steven Richards. His arrogant gimmick won't carry nearly as much weight if he's exposed in the ring or turned into your prototypical heel jobber.

Would still prefer to see Sandow in a managerial / stable runner role ala Right To Censor's Steven Richards. His arrogant gimmick won't carry nearly as much weight if he's exposed in the ring or turned into your prototypical heel jobber.

Personally, I could see Sandow teaming with Wade Barrett - Wade's dress sense (see; his swag ring jacket) show a style and sophistication in tune with Sandow's character, and I think they would make a good pairing with Sandow as the brains of the outfit and Barrett, the ex-bare knuckle boxing champion, the brawn.

Personally, I could see Sandow teaming with Wade Barrett - Wade's dress sense (see; his swag ring jacket) show a style and sophistication in tune with Sandow's character, and I think they would make a good pairing with Sandow as the brains of the outfit and Barrett, the ex-bare knuckle boxing champion, the brawn.

I can already see Wade punching out Sandow within 2 months to end this team up.
But it would be good while it lasts.

RBH

So I got the chance to watch the ending of Impact just now.

What in the FUCK was that.

I guess it's a good thing that not as many people were watching the show due to the NBA Finals because that's the type of shit that can cause people to give up on your product again after all of the goodwill they've built up over the past few weeks.

Brutal, brutal stuff. The rest of the show was actually decent, but the ending........yikes.

omg :lol

The best thing Jericho could do right now is team up with a lower card guy in a mentor role. Let Jericho coach him to an IC/US Title, maybe have the two of them pick up the tag titles somewhere down the road, then blow them up in the Rumble Match to set up the master/student match at Mania.

Or just have him dick around fighting mid/top heels, fuck it.

I like the first idea ... but the question is ... who?

I can already see Wade punching out Sandow within 2 months to end this team up.
But it would be good while it lasts.

Definitely, but I think that WWE need to get away from the mentality that tag teams are a temporary pairing of two individual superstars - they need more tag teams that are a unit, and stay a unit for years to come. And while I think Wade could be a future world champ, I don't think he's ready yet and don't want WWE to fall into the usual trap of pushing a guy to world title status too early as they did with Sheamus, Ziggler, Swagger, etc.

I like the first idea ... but the question is ... who?

A-RY!

oh please no, seriously i'd consider Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel or Evan Bourne if he isn't set for permanent burial.

Definitely, but I think that WWE need to get away from the mentality that tag teams are a temporary pairing of two individual superstars - they need more tag teams that are a unit, and stay a unit for years to come. And while I think Wade could be a future world champ, I don't think he's ready yet and don't want WWE to fall into the usual trap of pushing a guy to world title status too early as they did with Sheamus, Ziggler, Swagger, etc.
Tag teams that stick around for a while would be a welcome change but i'd sooner see Barrett by himself for a bit longer since he's spent most of his tenure in groups being the Nexus and the Corre (which sucked).

Kaladin

Kidd, Gabriel, Ohno, Rollins are the ones that would be best because they all have a great babyface look.

Kidd makes the most sense due to the Hart connection with Jericho, but Ohno has the best shot at becoming a major star fast.

Ohno easily does his best work as a heel.

Top Bottom