• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

What the fuck is this shit?

I have £2 on Mario Gomez scoring the first goal on a 3-0 for Germany, and he is not in the starting XI.

Gomez was rumored not to start all day.

We really should have an Gamble-GAF.

I can then tell everyone to bet on Osters every week, all the time

Everyone bet on Oster on Sunday!

Khrno

Yes, when HAY SHOOK DEY HANDS! YES! at the beginning of matches.

3 matches, with no other interaction than the matches themselves. That's very different than all the shit we would get during 5 weeks of building Cena vs Punk.

Sorry if I didn't get your sarcasm.

Khrno

Gomez was rumored not to start all day.

We really should have an Gamble-GAF.

I can then tell everyone to bet on Osters every week, all the time

Everyone bet on Oster on Sunday!

I had that bet since yesterday before the Portugal match when I made several bets with £10. I should leave these goalscoring bets for one hour before the matches.

What's Oster?

DMczaf

What can Punk/Cena even feud about?

Fucking Cena.

What if they do a reverse build where Cena is the underdog and Punk is the dynasty?

vince-mcmahon.jpg

3 matches, with no other interaction than the matches themselves. That's very different than all the shit we would get during 5 weeks of building Cena vs Punk.

Sorry if I didn't get your sarcasm.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't believe the Cena-Punk angle is going into Full Throttle Respect mode and will probably be comparable to when CM Punk and Beautiful Bryan came out through the crowd in Philly to celebrate their championships and shook hands before their matches, IN MAI O-PINION, COLE.

Fucking Cena.

"You've lost your way, Punk! You used to be a rebel, someone HUNGRY for the chance to shine. And now that you've got what you've wanted...you've gone soft. Well I'll tell you what. I want you to get that hunger back. And I'm going to do that by taking back the WWE Championship!"

Kaladin

I'll just leave this here.

bomissapril.jpg

Many of you know her now as AJ Lee in the WWE, but before she became a huge superstar April Jeanette Mendez was better known as Miss April on the independent circuit. Follow her start from her early years as a student, to capturing WSU Tag Team Championship gold, all the way until she received a developmental contract with the WWE in May of 2009. These 14 matches span almost 3 hours long of Miss April throughout her time in WSU (Women Superstars Uncensored)!!

1. April vs. Jana 10/10/08
2. April vs. Malia Hosaka 10/11/08
3. April & Malia vs. The Soul Sisters 10/11/08
4. April & Malia vs. Roxxie Cotton & Annie Social 10/11/08
5. April with Gorgeous George vs. Lea Morrison 11/29/08
6. April vs. Meliisa Coates 1/10/09
7. April & Brooke Carter vs. Roxxie Cotton & Annie Social 2/7/09
8. April vs. Angel Orsini 2/21/09
9. April & Brooke Carter vs. Roxxie Cotton & Rick Cataldo 3/7/09
10. April vs. Roxxie Cotton 4/10/09
11. April vs. Rain 4/10/09
12. April & Jay Lethal vs. Helter Skeltor & Trixie Lynn 4/11/09
13. April & Jay Lethal vs. Bison Bravado & Annie Social 4/11/09
14. April & Jay Lethal vs. Danny DeManto & Jana 4/11/09

http://www.rfvideo.com/bestofmissapril-fromstudenttosuperstar.aspx

"You've lost your way, Punk! You used to be a rebel, someone HUNGRY for the chance to shine. And now that you've got what you've wanted...you've gone soft. Well I'll tell you what. I want you to get that hunger back. And I'm going to do that by taking back the WWE Championship!"

*Stares down the barrel of the camera lens and smirks*

"John boy, I'm going to tell you something about myself you probably didn't know...

I respect the hell out of you."

-audience cheers-

You know I've been dealing with people telling me I've sold out ever since I finally broke through the glass ceiling, and I've responded by doing the same thing I've done since I walked into this company and that's BE CM PUNK. I've always been CM Punk. I'm always going to be CM Punk. Just like I'll always... be... WWE... Champion."

Ithil

"John boy, I'm going to tell you something about myself you probably didn't know...

-audience cheers-

You know I've been dealing with people telling me I've sold out ever since I finally broke through the glass ceiling, and I've responded by doing the same thing I've done since I walked into this company and that's BE CM PUNK. I've always been CM Punk. I'm always going to be CM Punk. Just like I'll always... be... WWE. Champion."

Oh god it's exactly what's going to happen. Meanwhile Bryan shows up for a second so they can be "united" against him and easily beat him back. Because they respect each so much, and there is no conflict on this organised fighting show.

Khrno

-audience cheers-

You know I've been dealing with people telling me I've sold out ever since I finally broke through the glass ceiling, and I've responded by doing the same thing I've done since I walked into this company and that's BE CM PUNK. I've always been CM Punk. I'm always going to be CM Punk. Just like I'll always... be... WWE... Champion."

KKPbx.gif

Fucking Cena.

The WWE Title? They've both been winning everything since Mania and Cena needs the title to challenge Ol' Rocky to that rematch at [whatever PPV is closest to GI Joe's new release date]

Are we against the idea of a wrestling feud built around the desire of one guy to have the title and the other to keep it?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Are you guys ready for 5 weeks of 2 wrestlers respecting each other?
Vomit unless Punk goes full heel.

-audience cheers-

Why is this so accurate?

Ithil

The WWE Title? They've both been winning everything since Mania and Cena needs the title to challenge Ol' Rocky to that rematch at [whatever PPV is closest to GI Joe's new release date]

Are we against the idea of a wrestling feud built around the desire of one guy to have the title and the other to keep it?

That simply won't happen with Cena. Any time he's had the belt, it's an accessory on his waist, he might as well not even have it.

Oh god it's exactly what's going to happen. Meanwhile Bryan shows up for a second so they can be "united" against him and easily beat him back. Because they respect each so much, and there is no conflict on this organised fighting show.

YOU KNOW IT'S THE MACK-MILITANT

"Now hold on, playas! Vince McMahon has brought me back for one night only on our road to the 1000th episode of Raw, playas! And since it seems like ya'll are ready to fight, then we're gonna have a fight...right here TONIGHT, believe dat!"

*audience cheers*

"Tonight, it's gonna be John Cena and CM Punk teaming up against Daniel Bryan...AND KANE. Holla holla!"

iRNnP.gif

Ithil

I guess the only chance of Bryan getting a WWE title run is during the November-February period where Vince doesn't care about who is champion.

Isn't funny how none of Cena's promos during that feud are memorable in any way?

He had every opportunity to as well, could've put over the title as a big deal and how he had promised to defend it against the Rock setting up some early Wrestlemania buzz. Instead they tacked on another godawful "John Cena's job is in danger!!!" angle.
Whatevs.

Top Bottom