• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

As an American who rarely travels out of the country, can BritishGAF confirm that double-decker buses and telephone booths just run wild over there without regard to their fellow man? I also remember hearing something about bareknuckle brawlers running rampant. Sounds like a terrifying place.

Oh of course, why there I was this morning in a telephone booth calling my mama mother when suddenly a double decker bus swerved off the road in my direction, turns out bare knuckle brawlers had taken control of the bus in a drunken hooligan frenzy, fortunately I was able to dart out of the way using my cricket honed reflexes. I spat out my tea at such an event.

Could be worse, those Irish mean streets are the real deal.

Khrno

As an American who rarely travels out of the country, can BritishGAF confirm that double-decker buses and telephone booths just run wild over there without regard to their fellow man? I also remember hearing something about bareknuckle brawlers running rampant. Sounds like a terrifying place.

The double decker buses can be found in the wild. However, contrary to popular belief they aren't only red. Here in the northwest they are green.

Telephone boots are going extinct, only smackheads and homeless people use them now.

One of my best friends who went to University up there is now back down here in the South singing its praises by comparison, conflicting opinions!

I've been living here for 10 years too long!

Oh of course, why there I was this morning in a telephone booth calling my mama mother when suddenly a double decker bus swerved off the road in my direction, turns out bare knuckle brawlers had taken control of the bus in a drunken hooligan frenzy, fortunately I was able to dart out of the way using my cricket honed reflexes. I spat out my tea at such an event.

Almost had me.

Your mistake was easy enough to spot, it's 'mummy' not mother.

RBH

Crankyvince is back it seems

iIWHMZBQKHnDS.png

https://twitter.com/CrankyVince/status/217382425200832512

8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

The double decker buses can be found in the wild. However, contrary to popular belief they aren't only red. Here in the northwest they are green.

Telephone boots are going extinct, only smackheads and homeless people use them now.
I've been wondering who actually uses the things, pretty sure they're like alternative late night toilets these days.

I've been living here for 10 years too long!
You can always move to the desolate countryside and enjoy the smell of manure forever more.

Almost had me.

Your mistake was easy enough to spot, it's 'mummy' not mother.
You advance from mummy to mother with proper etiquette training. Not all are privileged to reach this stage of class, see the difference between Regal and Barrett.

Goodness. Thanks for the information. I'm going to need some sort of guide if I ever go to visit Britain. I'm scared just thinking about it!

Goodness. Thanks for the information. I'm going to need some sort of guide if I ever go to visit Britain. I'm scared just thinking about it!

A strategy guide as well for all the riddles random people will spring upon you is also a necessity, Professor Layton is in fact an accurate representation of this country. Those hooligans quizzed me on some football/Soccer trivia after they emerged from the double decker bus.

In his lengthy absence he forgot about chairs being illegal, the surprise DQ really caught him off guard.

Khrno

Here's a bus that suffered the wrath of Kane last year when WWE were in town.

WeXme.jpg

bean breath said:
I hate Shawn Michaels fans.

I do as well, that's why there's this co-worker who I don't talk to because he has a Michaels shirt.

Khrno

Woah, he wears those wrestling shirts in public?!
The Brits are made of thicker skin clearly.

He does, I do, and some other dudes from the company do too. I've seen a Punk best in the wrold shirt, another Bryan shirt, and some ones with NWO, DX and Austin shirts.

My work place it's like taken out of a cartoon, specially my department, but it also applies for the building in general.

So...I'm watching CZW's Tournament of Death XI from this past Saturday and, I know I'm kinda stating the obvious, but goddamn these guys are dumb;

i3VArZ0M3ehZ2.gif
iRfptk5dBxMFi.gif

In the match I'm watching now MASADA broke a cinder block with some idiots skull.

Khrno

In the previous page someone said that only Bootaaay likes wrestling.

He doesn't like wrestling, he's just in for the blood and violence. ^

He does, I do, and some other dudes from the company do too. I've seen a Punk best in the wrold shirt, another Bryan shirt, and some ones with NWO, DX and Austin shirts.

My work place it's like taken out of a cartoon, specially my department, but it also applies for the building in general.
With a shirt lineup like that it seems like the setup for old fans versus new fans in a workplace rumble, or at least a tag team match playa.
On another note one of my old schoolmates had a Bobby Lashley shirt for some reason, another has the Chris Benoit 4Real shirt, and yes he has worn it at least once after the Benoit incident.

Being a wrestling shirt doesn't preclude a shirt from being totally awesome:
http://ultramantis.firstpress.net/order/merch.html
I respect the hell out of his mask.

Kaladin

So...I'm watching CZW's Tournament of Death XI from this past Saturday and, I know I'm kinda stating the obvious, but goddamn these guys are dumb;

In the match I'm watching now MASADA broke a cinder block with some idiots skull.

Why do you think they hold this tournament in some field in Delaware? No arena in their right minds would host that event.

Khrno

With a shirt lineup like that it seems like the setup for old fans versus new fans in a workplace rumble, or at least a tag team match playa.
On another note one of my old schoolmates had a Bobby Lashley shirt for some reason, another has the Chris Benoit 4Real shirt, and yes he has worn it at least once after the Benoit incident.

I wore my Bret Hart shirt today, although not an old shirt, one of those new ones from 2 years ago. But I'm hardly a new fan, I just didn't stop watching after the attitude era like most people did.

In the previous page someone said that only Bootaaay likes wrestling.

He doesn't like wrestling, he's just in for the blood and violence. ^

Lol, can't I like both?

I watched this match earlier, which is about as far removed from CZW as you can get;

Johnny Saint vs Ken Joyce - (World of Sport 06/21/81)

Awesome catch-as-catch-can match between the student Saint and the master Joyce, two of the best technical wrestlers in Britain.

djsandman said:
Why do you think they hold this tournament in some field in Delaware? No arena in their right minds would host that event.

Yeah, it's just madness, but even so, it's amazing how much better TOD is than the shitty IWA-DS Carnage Cup.

I wore my Bret Hart shirt today, although not an old shirt, one of those new ones from 2 years ago. But I'm hardly a new fan, I just didn't stop watching after the attitude era like most people did.

Well you know what I mean, people who got out at the end of the boom period versus those who stuck around.

Khrno

I'd like to see a pic of your Wrestling shirt collection.

That's too much hassle, but I have a Bryan shirt, 2 of Punk, 3 of Edge, 1 of Bret Hart, 1 of Austin, and back at home if my mom hasn't thrown them or used them to mop the floor, DX and NWO.

I think I have one of Mr. Anderson, that one that says "wrestling is real - people are fake", but I'm ashamed of it.

That's too much hassle, but I have a Bryan shirt, 2 of Punk, 3 of Edge, 1 of Bret Hart, 1 of Austin, and back at home if my mom hasn't thrown them or used them to mop the floor, DX and NWO.

I think I have one of Mr. Anderson, that one that says "wrestling is real - people are fake", but I'm ashamed of it.

Whoa.

I used to have an nWo shirt.

Sokantish

I have never owned a wrestling shirt, the closest I came was when I was thinking of buying the Daniel Bryan one but then I never went through with it.

Khrno

Whoa.

I used to have an nWo shirt.

I also have like 15 football shirts, and don't know how many band shirts. That's why some weeks back I brought up the topic about why are people ashamed of wearing hobby t-shirts in public, I've always seen it to be a rather common thing to do.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I remember getting a Lance Storm shirt when he was in WCW. When I went to school the next day, everyone was like "wtf? lol!"

Never wore it again.

Top Bottom