• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Hopefully Impact delivers this week, it was good last week until that awful last segment to end the show. An Austin Aries match would be greatly appreciated.

Jackson50

The most disappointing aspect of tonight's Raw was the disclosure of the participants in the WWE Championship MiTB match. That's typically one of the more enjoyable PPVs, but that match sounds awful.

Well considering you apparently haven't been here for months, I'm not sure what night it is you ARE referring to.

The billions of Raws/PPVs I've been here for.

This doesn't even make sense. 99% of this thread is people generally shitting on the show. You're not going to get attention by parroting the same stuff everyone else is saying. You get it by being the counterpoint to the majority, which is exactly what you are.

Exactly, 99% of this thread is people shitting on the show trying to one-up each other with more and more hyperbole, trying to be the harshest critic possible because it'll make you look like you know better than everyone else. That's your goal. Take a shit on everything WWE to make yourself look above the fact that you're watching fucking fake wrestling that isn't "cool" to watch any more.

They ruined MITB this year and now Bryan vs Punk has been done so many damn times I really have no interest in seeing them wrestle again unless the match has some kind of stip like street fight or iron man match.

I thought Raw was terrible. The triple threat was good but ultimately not important. The biggest thing I take offense to was the pole match. Having Sheamus come out and render the match pointless was some of the worst booking I've seen in years.

They ruined MITB this year and now Bryan vs Punk has been done so many damn times I really have no interest in seeing them wrestle again unless the match has some kind of stip like street fight or iron man match.

And it's not like Bryan has any chance of winning with Cena now officially back in the title hunt.

Jackson50

only Cener can LEGIT shook the Rock with his off-the-dome SHOOTING that makes Rocky ANGRY for realsies
tumblr_m054on0Yzi1r85q5do6_250.gif

Diablos54

Exactly, 99% of this thread is people shitting on the show trying to one-up each other with more and more hyperbole, trying to be the harshest critic possible because it'll make you look like you know better than everyone else. That's your goal. Take a shit on everything WWE to make yourself look above the fact that you're watching fucking fake wrestling that isn't "cool" to watch any more.
Yep. Got nothing to do with the fact that any one of us could book the WWE better than it's been done all year with our eyes closed. Nothing to do with that. It's just about the HYPERBOLE, and trying to look LIKE A SMARK!

Only things that would create a legit buzz in WWE right now is Cena turning heel and shooting on the little Jimmy's or Brock going off script and beating the hell out of HHH. The second opion would inject the kind of Buzz that Tyson brought to WM14.

And it's not like Bryan has any chance of winning with Cena now officially back in the title hunt.

They've never even let Bryan get wins in the feud. It's just been boring. Every ppv match ends with Punk winning. It's been boring. I don't know why I continue to watch this stuff when I don't even really enjoy it. Probably because there is nothing else on Monday nights and I don't have anything better to do, but damn watching this stuff is making me a negative person.

Yep. Got nothing to do with the fact that any one of us could book the WWE better than it's been done all year with our eyes closed. Nothing to do with that. It's just about the HYPERBOLE, and trying to look LIKE A SMARK!
Yeah, you could definitely book it better. I'm sure. That type of line reminds me of forum-goers saying they could run Sony/MS/Nintendo better than the current execs. You have no idea of the logistics and future planning and crazy time deadlines there is for WWE. I doubt it's as easy as you make it.

TheNatural

My Member!
Monthly Wrassln thread schedule

RAW airs

Bitch

RAW airs

Bitch

RAW airs

Bitch

PPV airs

Bitch more than usual

Let me save you the trouble. Cena wins at MITB. Cena beats Punk for the title at Summerslam. Lesnar either wins or doesn't win at Summerslam, who gives a fuck because he won't be on TV again until Feb 2013.

There you go thats whats going to happen, so may as well stop watching now.

Cena wins the title. Rock said he's coming back for the title. Rock vs Cena at Wrestlemania with title on the line. Cena gets his win back. There is your Cena booking until Mania. In the meantime he will beat a bunch of people he has already beat a million times, because at this point who hasn't he beat except Daniel Bryan?

Raw was good but not awesome like I thought it would be. The ending was really bad and I can't stand Big Show. The Sheamus run-in for the pole match was also bad.

Brinbe

Did Heavy fool you guys into thinking Raw was going to be great, but it turned out to be a stinker? And for that matter, WAS Raw a stinker?

The show itself wasn't that bad, but wasn't great either. Cena's promo really grated, just awful, and the realization that he's just gonna eventually overcome odds/win MITB/win the title is a real downer.

Ithil

Yeah, you could definitely book it better. I'm sure. That type of line reminds me of forum-goers saying they could run Sony/MS/Nintendo better than the current execs. You have no idea of the logistics and future planning and crazy time deadlines there is for WWE. I doubt it's as easy as you make it.

You're not running a billion dollar media company, you're writing some weekly story progression for a low grade action soap opera.

It's not difficult. So why is the WWE so inconsistent and lacking in long term thought?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Cena wins the title. Rock said he's coming back for the title. Rock vs Cena at Wrestlemania with title on the line. Cena gets his win back. There is your Cena booking until Mania. In the meantime he will beat a bunch of people he has already beat a million times, because at this point who hasn't he beat except Daniel Bryan?
Time to make Bryan champ so Cena can beat him in a filler feud.

Diablos54

Considering the HUGE amount of rewrites that RAW gets, I don't think WWE plan more than 2 weeks ahead. 4 if it's WM season.

And considering how predictable the WWE is (Cena wins. Always.), it would be easy as fuck to improve the product with better booking, but they just don't bother.

And comparing WWE to MS/Sony/NTD? Yea, that's the same...

You're not running a billion dollar media company, you're writing some weekly story progression for a low grade action soap opera.

It's not difficult. So why is the WWE so inconsistent and lacking in long term thought?

the writers are probably too busy building the ring, oiling Otunga, and booking hotels. You're not a writer, you don't know!

TheNatural

My Member!

Because they don't care about you. Cena said it himself tonight, most of the audience is for 9 year olds. Wrestling fans are like people who bitch about the Wii Fit and Wii Sports shit years ago. Accept its not for you, and either stop watching it or set your standards for entertainment lower. Fin.

Ithil

Because they don't care about you. Cena said it himself tonight, most of the audience is for 9 year olds. Wrestling fans are like people who bitch about the Wii Fit and Wii Sports shit years ago. Accept its not for you, and either stop watching it or set your standards for entertainment lower. Fin.

But they can't even book for 9 year olds right, that's the problem.

Considering the HUGE amount of rewrites that RAW gets, I don't think WWE plan more than 2 weeks ahead. 4 if it's WM season.

And considering how predictable the WWE is (Cena wins. Always.), it would be easy as fuck to improve the product with better booking, but they just don't bother.

And comparing WWE to MS/Sony/NTD? Yea, that's the same...

This is about making money and Cena is their biggest draw. If you weren't a mark you'd realize that he's going to be on the top consistently. But instead, continue derping about Cena and his 5MOD and overcoming the odds, just confirms you being a mark.

Exactly

Diablos54

This is true. It's also the reason the ratings are in the shitter, and keep going down YoY. If only there was some other audience which would watch...

Aren't most of the viewers older? I remember seeing that somewhere.

Brinbe

Well, aside from Cena, most of it is tolerable actually. Just watching NXT is an interesting exercise in frustration since it's a quality show and it proves that they still can present a simple and good product.

But since he's always the complete focus, what you're saying is the harsh truth. And at this point, the only reason I watch is because Wrassle-GAF is fun-times (I know I wouldn't care if it weren't for this place) and bitching at the hilarity among like-minded people is cathartic. Plus, there's always the small chance something interesting happens.

Raw was good but not awesome like I thought it would be. The ending was really bad and I can't stand Big Show. The Sheamus run-in for the pole match was also bad.
I had high expecations as well but calling it good is being generous. It was watchable but not much more. Too many guys have been rendered irrelevant and they dont have many guys who can draw. Ziggler and Bryan have some fans but they wont be allowed any significant victories and will meet the same fate as Kofi, Swagger, Christian and R Truth. All those guys were booked so poorly that he fans cant realisticly get behind them. Years and years of bad booking is really hurting WWE right now. They desperately need to build some guys up and NOT feed them to Cena.

Diablos54

This is about making money and Cena is their biggest draw. If you weren't a mark you'd realize that he's going to be on the top consistently. But instead, continue derping about Cena and his 5MOD and overcoming the odds, just confirms you being a mark.
Being on top doesn't have to mean overcoming the odds for nearly a decade. Shit like that is why the ratings suck. But yea, I'm a mark... (Do you even know what a mark is?)

Top Bottom