• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Ithil

This is about making money and Cena is their biggest draw. If you weren't a mark you'd realize that he's going to be on the top consistently. But instead, continue derping about Cena and his 5MOD and overcoming the odds, just confirms you being a mark.

Screen-shot-2012-01-23-at-10.10.36-AM.png

This is true. It's also the reason the ratings are in the shitter, and keep going down YoY. If only there was some other audience which would watch...

WWE got multiple lightnings in bottles during the AE with so much talent and charisma. You can't make another Rock or Stone Cold. That's not something you groom and "let the guy do something on the mic, he'll get over, just you watch!!". No. They were cultural phenonmen like Jersey Shore was for MTV. Maybe MTV will have another huge show like that someday? Sure but it's not something they can churn out of a factory, it's catching lightning in a bottle and being lucky.

Because they don't care about you. Cena said it himself tonight, most of the audience is for 9 year olds. Wrestling fans are like people who bitch about the Wii Fit and Wii Sports shit years ago. Accept its not for you, and either stop watching it or set your standards for entertainment lower. Fin.

This is 100% bullshit though. If you look at ratings breakdowns over half of their audience is adults with the majority over the age of 30 I believe.

Ithil

WWE got multiple lightnings in bottles during the AE with so much talent and charisma. You can't make another Rock or Stone Cold. That's not something you groom and "let the guy do something on the mic, he'll get over, just you watch!!". No. They were cultural phenonmen like Jersey Shore was for MTV. Maybe MTV will have another huge show like that someday? Sure but it's not something they can churn out of a factory, it's catching lightning in a bottle and being lucky.

That's exactly what they did with Rock and Stone Cold.

Yes I know that's the "joke"

But Cener said 9 year olds. It's almost as if he just says whatever comes to his head and spits it out. Like a goodbye on a ppv to show up the following night. He just fucking talks to have something to smirk at.

FCW also had bikinis recently...

9i47Z.jpg

my man, you have taste

Diablos54

Um, isn't that EXACTLY what happened with SCSA? The whole, 3:16 stuff?

Edit: I see I was beaten by my fellow mark. Damn you Ithil!!

TheNatural

My Member!
This is 100% bullshit though. If you look at ratings breakdowns over half of their audience is adults with the majority over the age of 30 I believe.

Doesn't matter though, perception is reality and their licensing and merchandise deals and sales with companies like Mattel matter more than trying reach the older audience in any meaningful way. Hell this thread proves my point, you complain but you keep watching.

Diablos54

Doesn't matter though, perception is reality and their licensing and merchandise deals and sales with companies like Mattel matter more than trying reach the older audience in any meaningful way. Hell this thread proves my point, you complain but you keep watching.
I watch, but I sure as hell don't add to their ratings or pay for PPV's. :p

Can't wait until "Paige" gets to WWE and doesn't get used because Stephanie doesn't understand her look. Same shit that happened to Ariel/Shelly Martinez and Katie Lea.

Um, isn't that EXACTLY what happened with SCSA? The whole, 3:16 stuff?

Maybe he was a bad example, but my point remains. You have to get all these factors together lined up perfectly to get huge stars like Rock and others that made AE so insanely popular with such high ratings. Even time period is important. Back then half the younger population weren't hipsters like they are now. See my point? It's about getting lucky in the right time and place with the right talent. It's not something you can churn out of a factory, otherwise we'd have another Rocky now and MTV would have another smash hit like Jersey Shore ready to go.

Kccitystar

You know, shitty booking you can say is due to the fact that they have way too many PPVs per year and they have to craft storylines that can fit in a 4 week timeframe for the next PPV. It doesn't help that you have a fucking abundance of guys in Midcard Hell™ and there's not enough tag teams or stables to get enough screen time. There's a ton wrong with the product, but in the midst of people arguing, it doesn't help when there's complacency and just accepting the status quo. I think that's much more detrimental than people bitching and complaining about certain things that the WWE does.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The ones trying to get attention are the people saying "WTF IS THIS, LOL THIS IS TERRIBLE, OMG" type of hyperbolic hate trashing the show.

You ever think that maybe it's not hyperbole and people just dislike the show?

It's not even about WWE hate. Raw is consistently the worst product WWE puts out. Smackdown is better than Raw pretty much on a weekly basis, and you'll even see better stories on NXT and better matches on Superstars all the time.

Let's take tonight, Heavy. One problem the WWE currently has is a thin roster; not only are they having problems getting anybody but Cena over with the masses, but there are injuries and drug suspensions screwing things up from the main event level all the way down to "jobber" level.

Now with all that going on, the WWE decides that it's going to take the one surefire way they have of quickly elevating talent to main event status, the Money in the Bank match, and instead of using that to push an up and coming star, they put in a stipulation that only former WWE champions are allowed in the match?

Can you honestly tell me that makes sense?

Kyoufu

Heavy, quit trolling us.

The show is bad. The booking is mainly the problem but honestly, I don't think I'll mind Cena with the title too much because then at least the title looks important again.

DMczaf

It's bad enough that we get tortured with 2 hours of Raw every week, we then have to deal with Heavy.

And to top it all off, IM NOT EVEN SUPPOSE TO BE HERE TODAY!

dream

Shit, I turned it off after that John Cena segment because I only watch Monday Night Raw SuperShow until I find something to make fun of Bobo for. How did Sid look?

It's bad enough that we get tortured with 2 hours of Raw every week, we then have to deal with Heavy.

And to top it all off, IM NOT EVEN SUPPOSE TO BE HERE TODAY!

Oh but you're going to be here today and next Monday AND THE FOLLOW MONDAY AND THE MONDAY AFTER THAT AND THE ONE AFTER THAT AND AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTIL THE END OF TIME

Ithil

Shit, I turned it off after that John Cena segment because I only watch Monday Night Raw SuperShow until I find something to make fun of Bobo for. How did Sid look?

Like Sid, basically. Wasn't fat or shrunken or whatever. All things considered that's impressive enough.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

He looked like Sid. It wasn't quite Mr. Perfect levels of 'holy shit he hasn't aged', but he didn't look like a wreck like most legends.

Oh but you're going to be here today and next Monday AND THE FOLLOW MONDAY AND THE MONDAY AFTER THAT AND THE ONE AFTER THAT AND AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTIL THE END OF TIME

Glad that I'm not.

You could have just made fun of me at the beginning when Vickie came out and turned off then. Shit even I turned the channel when she opened the show.

Top Bottom