• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

WWE got multiple lightnings in bottles during the AE with so much talent and charisma. You can't make another Rock or Stone Cold. That's not something you groom and "let the guy do something on the mic, he'll get over, just you watch!!". No. They were cultural phenonmen like Jersey Shore was for MTV. Maybe MTV will have another huge show like that someday? Sure but it's not something they can churn out of a factory, it's catching lightning in a bottle and being lucky.

Isn't that EXACTLY what happened with Punk last year? He got himself over on the mic and was one of the most over guys WWE had in years, until they turned him into Cena lite because that's the only way they know how to book babyfaces anymore. Now he's using the same corny jokes Cena is and the guy who was massively over last year is over, but at only a fraction of what could have been. Punk was getting mainstream coverage last year, now he's just another guy.

While I was watching the beginning of RAW, just now, during AJ's monologue, it skips or edits out and I see a promo for Charlie Sheen's new show... on FX. Please tell me if anyone on the east coast saw this, or was this a west coast thing?

Know what's going to be awesome? When Bryan beats Punk for the title at MITB and right after Cena runs out with his briefcase and cashes it in winning the title.

dream

Okay, so when WCW had one of their reboots with Eric Bishcoff and Vince Russo at the helm, Sid Justice was, inexplicably, their world champion. And the mandate was to strip all the champions and start over from scratch. So they called the roster out to the ring and took the belts from the champs. Sid wouldn't give the belt up to Bishcoff, though, so Eric taunted him by saying "what's the matter? Didn't bring your scissors?" And Sid totally no-sold it. So Eric asked him again, "what's the matter? Didn't bring your scissors?" And it was totally clumsy and awkward and quintessentially WCW and I love that DMKehoe remembers it.

Ithil

Okay, so when WCW had one of their reboots with Eric Bishcoff and Vince Russo at the helm, Sid Justice was, inexplicably, their world champion. And the mandate was to strip all the champions and start over from scratch. So they called the roster out to the ring and took the belts from the champs. Sid wouldn't give the belt up to Bishcoff, though, so Eric taunted him by saying "what's the matter? Didn't bring your scissors?" And Sid totally no-sold it. So Eric asked him again, "what's the matter? Didn't bring your scissors?" And it was totally clumsy and awkward and quintessentially WCW and I love that DMKehoe remembers it.

God damn it, I knew that one. I'd read it before. Twice!

Crappy memory.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Isn't that cause Sid stabbed Arn with some scissors?

My favorite WCW story is still when Brian Pillman worked them into firing him legit saying it would add to the angle and then jumping to WWF.

Yeah, and that's because during a UK tour in 1993, Sid stabbed Arn Anderson in a hotel with scissors during a fight. 2 Cold Scorpio broke it up.

DMczaf

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2negp_the-beginning-of-the-new-blood_sport

Skip to 16:50

WOW

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sid is an interesting phenomenon. He wasn't a great wrestler. He wasn't great at promos, but he was over. He was over solely because of his look, music, and intro.(The SID in the background. I wish WWE did those again)

Ithil

Whom did he even win it from? I bet it was, like, Haku or something.

According to Wikipedia, no one. He won the vacated title after ***** ****** left. Then he vacated it himself. Then he won it from Kevin Nash and then vacated it again.

Ok, this aj shit is old

I miss the Bella's

DLWvR.jpg

I thought he repeated it because he thought all fans were reading dirt sheets at the time, because he's like each and every one of you mother fucking smart mark sons of bitches rolled up into one giant piece of shit.

dream

No results found for "Sid Vicious vs Meng".
No results found for "Sid Vicious vs Haku".
No results found for "Sid Justice vs Haku".
No results found for "Sycho Sid vs Haku".
No results found for "Lord Humongous vs Haku".
No results found for "Lord Humongous vs Meng".
No results found for "Sid Eudy vs Haku".
No results found for "Sid Eudy vs Meng".
No results found for "Masters of the Powerbomb vs Haku".
No results found for "Masters of the Powerbomb vs Meng".

How is this possible?

Ilive1up

friend of mine got to work backstage during raw last week.

he got paid 500 bucks to let cyndi lauper test smashing the gold record over his face just to see how it would be.

heath slater ended up taking it obviously, but my buddy was the tester!!!!

friend of mine got to work backstage during raw last week.

he got paid 500 bucks to let cyndi lauper test smashing the gold record over his face just to see how it would be.

heath slater ended up taking it obviously, but my buddy was the tester!!!!

that's pretty cool, how did that come about?

he's a wrestler at NYWC.

he actually got to go down to florida to try out for FCW and then was able to work some shows, too. really awesome. he's close!

That's really cool. Hope he does well. I love the idea of "Can we smash this on your head? there's 500 buckaroos in it" then having to clarify that it's real money and not some Vince funny money.

Top Bottom