• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Ilive1up

That's really cool. Hope he does well. I love the idea of "Can we smash this on your head? there's 500 buckaroos in it" then having to clarify that it's real money and not some Vince funny money.

haha yeah. apparently HHH and road dogg asked for him to do it, which is even cooler.

friend of mine got to work backstage during raw last week.

he got paid 500 bucks to let cyndi lauper test smashing the gold record over his face just to see how it would be.

heath slater ended up taking it obviously, but my buddy was the tester!!!!

Did he bleed hardway like Slater did?

Edgeward

Goddamn, just started watching the DVR of Raw tonight. MY GOD SYCHO SID!

It was so worth it. Glad I didn't decide to take a break from Raw to see the Master and Ruler of the Universe. And fuck that crowd for not having a bigger pop for Sid. BIGGER I SAY

McNei1y

Yeah, Slater was a mess after that glass strike by Lauper.

Just watched Raw on dvr. Four things:

- I'm a Jerichoholic. Always have been and always will be.

- I'm glad Bryan got the win and that he will face Punk 1 on 1. Yes!

- AJ is getting mad screen time now. Not only all of those backstage sequences and the running around the ring, but she was obviously winning the Diva Battle Royal (which was awesome btw). I guess it was necessary to add in the Yes! chant. I luv her.

- Vickie was pretty funny tonight. I'm glad they didn't toss Ziggler aside. And Slater must be asking "Why Me!?" after tonight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pft. AJ.
TPgZN.jpg

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Yeah, you could definitely book it better. I'm sure. That type of line reminds me of forum-goers saying they could run Sony/MS/Nintendo better than the current execs. You have no idea of the logistics and future planning and crazy time deadlines there is for WWE. I doubt it's as easy as you make it.

They assemble a team of 10-20 "writers" who come up with terrible fake crap that doesn't breathe any personality or character into any individuals on the show.

Do you know why Daniel Bryan has gotten over? It's because they didn't really write his shit. They just told him to start celebrating every win as though it was the greatest moment of his life. Thus the birth of "YES! YES! YES!" Daniel Bryan made it happen.

That's how you "write" for wrestlers. You give them a very broad direction to go in and make them come up with the lines (or give them a mouthpiece if they suck on the stick).

What WWE does instead usually is have the same people write the same scripts for the same wrestlers, and it all comes off very samey. Add to the mix an owner with ADHD in Vince and you get requests for last minute changes, which wouldn't be a problem if they didn't insist on having every line scripted out instead of just outlines and ideas.

As for the "deadlines," well, those shouldn't be problem if you plan long term. but WWE doesn't do that anymore. It shouldn't be hard to pull a 3 month feud out of your ass with a slow build and 1 or 2 PPV matches. Have a tag match where individuals miscommunicate or accidentally hit their partner with a clothesline or something, costing their team the match, and then having the two individuals argue/brawl it out in the ring post match to fill a week of buildup here or there. This is booking 101 stuff.

WWE can't even finalize their PPV cards until 1 or 2 weeks in advance. Hell they sometimes change the card between the last smackdown before the PPV and the PPV now. Their problem is LACK of planning.

As for the

G-Fex

I had a great show tonight, I'm probably up there with New Legacy Inc's fave Five.

I truly am The King of Kings of King of Games

Top Bottom