• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Khrno

tumblr_m67tc58dmz1qct6s3o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_m67ocqmSot1qgvr4ko7_r1_250.gif

#JuneRedeemed #ThankYouKeyser

XenoRaven

I liked that finish. No need to invent some new wacky finisher for Bryan. Obviously they're not going to have Punk lose by submission unless it's against Cena. So a nice stiff kick to the head knocking Punk out was pretty cool. Maybe they can elevate the fake power level of Bryan's kick to Tajiri kick territory and it can function like a finisher sometimes.

Aiii

So not worth it
I liked that finish. No need to invent some new wacky finisher for Bryan. Obviously they're not going to have Punk lose by submission unless it's against Cena. So a nice stiff kick to the head knocking Punk out was pretty cool. Maybe they can elevate the fake power level of Bryan's kick to Tajiri kick territory and it can function like a finisher sometimes.

Actually, they do that alot... It's the "one person gets distracted so whatever move is used against them knocks them the fuck out of 2 minutes"

Khrno

Bryan will make Punk tap out.

Also, since it's still relevant to June:

tumblr_m67rh5XQLp1qa19bgo1_250.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m67rh5XQLp1qa19bgo2_r2_250.gif

ecurbj

I liked this weeks Raw. JC with the humor in regards to Big Show and John L. Good stuff.

I'm behind Ziggler. I want him to rise into WWE Championship ranks and I believe he will get there soon. I starting to get tired of AJ now. It's like she is getting annoying.

I fucking love CM Punk and his entrance. Cult of Personality by Living Colour is awesome as fuck. Good song!

Sid didn't get any love. Still looks good after 15 years.

Ithil

Of course Punk would never tap to Bryan's gruesome YES Lock, Cattle Mutilation or guillotine, he'd only tap to Cena's shitty STF.

Because Cena is the real submission expert here.

Bowser

Of course Punk would never tap to Bryan's gruesome YES Lock, Cattle Mutilation or guillotine, he'd only tap to Cena's shitty STF.

Because Cena is the real submission expert here.

You wanna talk gruesome?!

16018.jpg

I'm tapping out just looking at that!

Kyoufu

I still can't believe Cena is going to win the MITB ladder match.

MITB isn't going to be good this year.

fuckthiscompany.jpg

Ithil

No doubt they'll revive King of The Ring again, so Cena can win it. They realised he'd never won MITB, so of course some actual up and comer gets the shaft this year.

XenoRaven

Actually, they do that alot... It's the "one person gets distracted so whatever move is used against them knocks them the fuck out of 2 minutes"
Yeah I know. I guess I just liked it because it's one of Bryan's signature moves and it really looks like it would lay someone out. It's a lot better than "oh surprise rollup!" like I'm supposed to believe the distraction makes you somehow unable to escape the rollup pin even though it almost never works in a real match. Or like I'm supposed to believe pulling someone's pants down gives you more leverage to pin them with.

One other minor thing I wanted to mention. I noticed on Smackdown that when Dolph applies a headlock or rear chinlock on Sheamus, he sells it, struggles to get up, and then hammers on Dolph with body blows to escape. In the Jericho/Cena match last night, Cena just uses his never give up muscles to break the hold. I know this is a great opportunity to once again discuss how much Cena sucks, but I wonder. Should more power guys be doing it like that, or should everyone just do punches or go for a back body drop? I think it's something that contrasts the difference in styles and would show when a wrestler has a clear strength advantage.

krae_man

No doubt they'll revive King of The Ring again, so Cena can win it. They realised he'd never won MITB, so of course some actual up and comer gets the shaft this year.

This is worse then HBK going out of his way to win the European title because he never one it despite the fact that title was as low on the pecking order as you can get at the time.

The strangest thing about Raw last night was that I agreed with a point King was making. There really should have been a "None of the above" option in the "Hey Twitter, who should AJ fuck?" bullshit they were running.

Ithil

The strangest thing about Raw last night was that I agreed with a point King was making. There really should have been a "None of the above" option in the "Hey Twitter, who should AJ fuck?" bullshit they were running.

There was literally a "She should have a foursome with them" option, but no "hey maybe none of these guys are good for her" option.

Aiii

So not worth it
One other minor thing I wanted to mention. I noticed on Smackdown that when Dolph applies a headlock or rear chinlock on Sheamus, he sells it, struggles to get up, and then hammers on Dolph with body blows to escape. In the Jericho/Cena match last night, Cena just uses his never give up muscles to break the hold. I know this is a great opportunity to once again discuss how much Cena sucks, but I wonder. Should more power guys be doing it like that, or should everyone just do punches or go for a back body drop? I think it's something that contrasts the difference in styles and would show when a wrestler has a clear strength advantage.

Every fucking wrestler should be doing that. I still don't see why nobody goes out there and just legitimatly kicks Cena in the face for not selling anything. If a new guy came in and no-sold as much as Cena did he wouldn't go a night without getting busted open.

Well I guess if someone legit stiffed Cena they'd be on Smackdown or fired within the week, so that would explain that. Come to think of it, this is probably were most of Lesnar's heat comes from.

Mengetsu

Some more details on WWE's new Main Event show.

Source: F4WOnline

As noted before, WWE will premiere a new show called WWE Main Event on the ION Television network beginning Wednesday, October 3rd at 8pm EST. The one-hour show will feature WWE Superstars and Divas every Wednesday night.
Word is that the show will be a step up from Superstars, occasionally featuring top Superstars and some of the top storylines from RAW and SmackDown.

WWE will likely be taping Main Event on Tuesday nights before SmackDown

I really can't see this working. I figured Smackdown and a 3 hour circus was enough. Sorry if thread is on repeat ect ect.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
He's also never won the Terri Invitational Tournament, The Thuggin and Buggin Rodney Mack's 5 minute white boy challange, the Kurt Angle Invitational...

don't forget the gold rush challenge.

(Sidenote: HBK vs Shelton Benjamin Gold Rush tournament is probably my favorite match in RAW history. Crowd was totally into it. Lawler and JR were totally into it. Lawler marked out at the ending spot. I marked out at the ending spot. I think it's the only time Shelton and HBK wrestled each other)

Aiii

So not worth it
A one-hour small sized show with 3 solid wrestling matches, I can see it working just fine.

Sure, it won't draw 2.0 Smackdown or 3.0 Raw ratings, but it should be able to rival Impact's ratings and that's enough for a low cost show that is shot before Raw/Smackdown.

Though, I'm unfamiliar with this channel, is it widely available?

One other minor thing I wanted to mention. I noticed on Smackdown that when Dolph applies a headlock or rear chinlock on Sheamus, he sells it, struggles to get up, and then hammers on Dolph with body blows to escape.

It's stuff like that which makes me appreciate Sheamus a whole lot more - people have complained that Dolph is being fed to Sheamus, but Sheamus has given Dolph a surprising amount of offence and let him dictate large portions of their matches. Sure, we know Sheamus isn't losing to Dolph anytime in the near future, but just by selling his offence and allowing him to look competent and dangerous, regardless of the size difference, Sheamus is helping to elevate Dolph, and that's the difference between a good face champion and a schmuck like Cena.

Ithil

It's stuff like that which makes me appreciate Sheamus a whole lot more - people have complained that Dolph is being fed to Sheamus, but Sheamus has given Dolph a surprising amount of offence and let him dictate large portions of their matches. Sure, we know Sheamus isn't losing to Dolph anytime in the near future, but just by selling his offence and allowing him to look competent and dangerous, regardless of the size difference, Sheamus is helping to elevate Dolph, and that's the difference between a good face champion and a schmuck like Cena.

Their matches are good and Sheamus always looks like he worked hard to overcome Dolph, it's just the repetitive nature of Dolph losing (and in the same way) that's annoying me.

Sheamus suffers from a dull face character that's as vanilla and pandering as you can get for the kids, but his actual in ring work has been top notch during his reign. Lack of storylines, dull/corny promos and whatnot are what's killing his reign, which are booking problems. With Cena....EVERYTHING is bad, and much of it rests on his shoulders, not just the Super Cena booking.

krae_man

don't forget the gold rush challenge.

(Sidenote: HBK vs Shelton Benjamin Gold Rush tournament is probably my favorite match in RAW history. Crowd was totally into it. Lawler and JR were totally into it. Lawler marked out at the ending spot. I marked out at the ending spot. I think it's the only time Shelton and HBK wrestled each other)

He's also never been Intercontinental champion. Cena will bury Christian and break out the Honk-o-meter.

Sheamus is to WWE as Elgin is to ROH. They aren't as polished as everyone around them, so their offence doesn't look nearly as crisp but feels very solid and real. In their matches they also always seem to take a ton of punishment, like they allow their opponents to work stiffer than they normally would.

Mengetsu

A one-hour small sized show with 3 solid wrestling matches, I can see it working just fine.

Sure, it won't draw 2.0 Smackdown or 3.0 Raw ratings, but it should be able to rival Impact's ratings and that's enough for a low cost show that is shot before Raw/Smackdown.

Though, I'm unfamiliar with this channel, is it widely available?

It usually is. It's a network that's gotten huge over the years. To find out if you carry it just go to there site and at the top put in your zip code.

http://www.iontelevision.com

Edit: My apologies if you do not live in the U.S. then I wouldn't know.

Ithil

Sheamus is to WWE as Elgin is to ROH. They aren't as polished as everyone around them, so their offence doesn't look nearly as crisp but feels very solid and real. In their matches they also always seem to take a ton of punishment, like they allow their opponents to work stiffer than they normally would.

It has been a while since we had a stiff main event guy. His match with Tensai was stiff as hell (and was on the same show as Vader if I recall, which is fitting)

Aiii

So not worth it
It usually is. It's a network that's gotten huge over the years. To find out if you carry it just go to there site and at the top put in your zip code.

http://www.iontelevision.com

Heh, pretty sure I won't get it in Holland.

Sorta funny story: When I was on my US Road Trip a couple of years ago, I went to a Safeway to stock up.
btw, who thought off the no-tax and cheaper prices for card holders? That's dumb.
So we end up at the register and the girl asks if we have a Safeway card, naturally we don't so we go no. Would we want one? Well, since it's fucking cheaper, yeah, we want one. But alas, the system didn't accept Dutch Postal Codes and she didn't want to use the Days Inn one we used to get into the country (you need an overnight adress to get through customs at the airport). So we're like, but we don't want to pay twice as much, gimme a card. Took 10 minutes and a manager to actual get the regular priced products instead of the overpriced shit.

That's just weird guys.

Mengetsu

RBH

I really can't see this working. I figured Smackdown and a 3 hour circus was enough. Sorry if thread is on repeat ect ect.

Sounds similar to how Superstars originally was when they had guys like Undertaker and Jericho on the show.

It'll probably turn out the same way. They'll put some actual effort into the show for the first few months before it turns into Superstars 2.0.

jmdajr

Damn..never realized there is still so much for Cena to do.

Hell, when he retires from the squared circle he'll probably even become General manager of RAW.

#HUSTLE

Toki767

So with Cena in the MITB match that pretty much confirms that that'll go on last right? What is that now, 7 PPVs in a row where neither titles actually main event?

Khrno

It'll be good for a while, then it'll turn into a lower card show.

For comparison the top matches from the first season of Superstars in 2009:

Code:
Ep.1
-The Undertaker vs. Matt Hardy

Ep.2
-Kane and The Big Show vs. Rey Mysterio and CM Punk

Ep.3
-Michelle McCool & Alicia Fox vs Gail Kim and Maria

Ep.4
-The Cutting Edge with guest Jeff Hardy 
-Chris Jericho vs John Morrison

Ep.5
-Rey Mysterio vs Shelton Benjamin

Ep.6
-CM Punk vs Chris Jericho
-[U]ECW Championship:[/U] Tommy Dreamer vs. Christian (c)

Ep.7
-"Los Angeles Lakers" representative John Cena vs "Denver Nuggets" representative Ted DiBiase

Ep.8
-Chris Jericho and Dolph Ziggler vs Jeff Hardy and R-Truth

Ep.9
-Chris Jericho vs. John Morrison

Ep.10
-David Hart Smith, Tyson Kidd and Jack Swagger vs. Primo, Carlito and Christian

Ep.11
-[U]United States Championship:[/U] Kofi Kingston(c) vs MVP vs Matt Hardy 

Ep.12
[B]-Edge vs. CM Punk *(This and their Smackdown match were the best non-PPV matches from 2009)[/B]

Ep.13
-Hornswoggle vs Chavo Guerrero

Ep.14
-The Big Show vs Kofi Kingston 

Ep.15
-William Regal vs. Christian

Ep.16
-Randy Orton vs Primo Colon

Ep.17
-Rey Mysterio vs Mike Knox

Ep.18
-John Morrison vs David Hart Smith(w/Natalya)

Ep.19
-Beth Phoenix vs Kelly Kelly

Ep.20
-Dolph Ziggler vs Finlay vs Mike Knox [U]for the #1 contender to Rey Mysterio's Intercontinental Title at WWE Breaking Point.[/U]

Ep.21
-The Hart Dynasty vs Cryme Tyme and Eve

Ep.22
-The Miz and Jack Swagger vs Kofi Kingston and Primo

Ep.23
-Christian vs Paul Burchill 

Ep.24
-Matt Hardy vs Kane

Ep.25
-Kofi Kingston vs The Miz

Ep.26
-Cryme Tyme vs The Hart Dynasty

Ep.27
-CM Punk vs John Morrison

Ep.28
-Kelly Kelly vs Gail Kim

Ep.29
-Cryme Tyme and R-Truth vs The Hart Dynasty and Mike Knox

Ep.30
-Chris Jericho vs Finlay

Ep.31
-MVP vs Ted DiBiase

Ep.32
-Mark Henry vs Cody Rhodes

Ep.33
-The Miz vs Santino

Ep.34
-Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase vs Evan Bourne and Primo

Ep.35
-Jack Swagger vs MVP

Ep.36
-MVP vs Jack Swagger

Ep.37
-Kane vs Mike Knox

Ep.38
-Divas Champion Melina vs Alicia Fox

3 or 4 months with top talent matches at most.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
It will turn in to Superstars within a few months, for sure. They don't have the roster any more and they already have folks working Raw and SD, now you're gonna have them work a match before SD as well? Don't think so.

Turok_TTZ

Will be annoyed to no end if cena wins mitb. incapable of beating punk, he goes after the mitb to have a sure chance of winning the wwe title.

sycho sid was alright. lack of huge pop ala vader though disturbed me.
watching brodus getting beat up and then later sucker punched was highlight. hate that excuse of a wrestler.

I hope jericho makes cena tap and tap hard next time they meet.

Bowser

:(

THIS BOOKING MAKES NO SENSE

Is Punk going to lose to Bryan so Cena can cash it in??

I'm so confused by this booking. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE had no concrete plan in place.

No way man, Cener isn't like that weasel D.Bry! He will do the honorable thing and cash in AT SUMMERFEST to face his MOST RESPECTED OPPONENT C..M...PUNK!

Khrno

:(

THIS BOOKING MAKES NO SENSE

Is Punk going to lose to Bryan so Cena can cash it in??

I'm so confused by this booking. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE had no concrete plan in place.

Cena will challenge Bryan for the title at WrestlemaniaSummerslam and will have a fair match, he'll use this opportunity to shit on Bryan since he lied about how he planned to cash in at WM28.

Your match sucks Bowser.

Top Bottom