• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know what I'm really happy about? That at least they didnt actually go with Cena booking himself in the match, same for Jericho. When he went "I have put myself in the MitB match" I almost facepalmed and started a new organisational chart for Raw booking power.

If Cena and Jericho had booking power as well and Johnny Ace can book matches even though he's fired it's even more of a clusterfuck then it was two weeks ago.

I almost miss the laptop, at least that was in charge and it was clear who was doing the booking.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Okay so i've just watched Raw and I need clarification, is there only one MITB ladder match this year?! and are they using it as a tool to give Cena another accolade and also shove him back into the title scene?
And why has Kane been bum rushed out of the WWE title storyline with no fanfare and plopped into the MITB? why does he not give as shit about this turn of events? why was he saving AJ and getting distracted by her if he gives no fucks?
WHERE WAS JUNE?! THE POWER?!

I actually didn't mind Raw but my word have they buggered up the storylines
That's what I don't get. The guy was totally enamored with her just a week ago, and now they want us to think that he believes that she's too crazy? What? They ruin a storyline with an unsatisfactory ending just so they could get another guy in to job to Cena?

And I don't understand why people are happy that it's back to being Punk/Bryan now. If Kane was involved, there would have been a great chance for Bryan to go over or at least for him to be protected. They've now decided to rush through this storyline just so we can get Punk/Cena. That's not good for Bryan, people. At least Kane would have put Bryan over, but now Bryan has been jobbing straight since WM.

So like, 'having control' of something is a thing now? After all these years they only mention it now? lol.

Geez better watch out after you grab that briefcase Cena. If you drop it oh shit its anyones W! A match where you're supposed to climb up and grab something can be won by someone not even doing that as long as they end up 'with control'? :\

I remember Swagger stuffing up his 'biggest moment' when he couldn't unhook the case properly. The virgin unhooking a bra for the first time comparison was so perfectly funny.

Khrno

but now Bryan has been jobbing straight since WM.

tumblr_m67tc58dmz1qct6s3o5_1280.jpg

ComboBreaker.jpg

Also, his PPV matches post-WM are far from jobbing. His tag team loses are.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's what I don't get. The guy was totally enamored with her just a week ago, and now they want us to think that he believes that she's too crazy? What? They ruin a storyline with an unsatisfactory ending just so they could get another guy in to job to Cena?

And I don't understand why people are happy that it's back to being Punk/Bryan now. If Kane was involved, there would have been a great chance for Bryan to go over or at least for him to be protected. They've now decided to rush through this storyline just so we can get Punk/Cena. That's not good for Bryan, people. At least Kane would have put Bryan over, but now Bryan has been jobbing straight since WM.

Punk and Bryan get 3 PPV's, that's a decent length for a WWE feud. Kane's involvement wouldn't have changed that.

Secondly, Punk has quite some power backstage nowadays, if he has to drop the title to Bryan, I reckon he will request a (sorta) clean win for Bryan.

Kane served his purpose so it wasn't 3 PPV's straight of Punk vs Bryan one-on-one and he was actually enjoyable. He was an extra in this feud from the start and he did just fine. So chin-up, be happy he wasn't on the YT pre-show and look forward to the next feud for Kane. I'm thinking Swagger.

Kyoufu

Bryan shouldn't have the title yet. The last thing they want is another hot potato strap that gets passed around harder than Rosa Mendes backstage.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Punk and Bryan get 3 PPV's, that's a decent length for a WWE feud. Kane's involvement wouldn't have changed that.

Secondly, Punk has quite some power backstage nowadays, if he has to drop the title to Bryan, I reckon he will request a (sorta) clean win for Bryan.

Kane served his purpose so it wasn't 3 PPV's straight of Punk vs Bryan one-on-one and he was actually enjoyable. He was an extra in this feud from the start and he did just fine. So chin-up, be happy he wasn't on the YT pre-show and look forward to the next feud for Kane. I'm thinking Swagger.
You must be kidding me if you think Punk has the power to just drop the belt to Bryan (or that he even wants to). I really like Bryan, but I fear for his future as a main event talent. They want Punk/Cena at SS. So, either Bryan just loses at MITB, or he wins (due to AJ interference), and just has Cena cash in on him. Either way, what's he going to do next after that?

And I don't mind that Kane is out. I just wanted an end to the Kane/AJ nonsense that was satisfactory. That's all.

BlazinAm

I just thought about this but, Jericho has only won matches against Kofi Kingston in one on one matches. They couldn't even put him over Cena by dq last night crazy.

Khrno

Bryan shouldn't have the title yet. The last thing they want is another hot potato strap that gets passed around harder than Rosa Mendes backstage.

That's very true, but as crazy as it sounds it wouldn't be crazy to put the title on Bryan until December or January. That'd make only for 2 WWE champions during 2012, a record in recent years. And a Cena vs Bryan match would certainly beat a Cena vs Cena Mini feud.

Aiii

So not worth it
You must be kidding me if you think Punk has the power to just drop the belt to Bryan (or that he even wants to). I really like Bryan, but I fear for his future as a main event talent. They want Punk/Cena at SS. So, either Bryan just loses at MITB, or he wins (due to AJ interference), and just has Cena cash in on him. Either way, what's he going to do next after that?

And I don't mind that Kane is out. I just wanted an end to the Kane/AJ nonsense that was satisfactory. That's all.

No, I'm saying Bryan will win the belt. They need a transitional champ to drop it to Cena and they're still high on Bryan (did you fucking hear the Yes-chants yesterday? Louder then anything on the show).

I'm saying, however, that Punk does have some pull backstage over the booking of the ending of his matches. If they go, "Bryan will win it through some silly move where you stumble, hit your head on the turnbuckle and he accidently pins you by getting knocked out by Kane to win" he'll go, nah, lets give the guy a bit more credibility then that.

Because I really do believe that Punk isn't as much of a yes-man as some people here make him out to be.

Kyoufu

That's very true, but as crazy as it sounds it wouldn't be crazy to put the title on Bryan until December or January. That'd make only for 2 WWE champions during 2012, a record in recent years. And a Cena vs Bryan match would certainly beat a Cena vs Cena Mini feud.

Punk vs Cena was so damn good last year. I was heartbroken when they went with the Del Rio direction.

If Punk is allowed to shoot then Punk vs Cena could be great once again. I know we all hate Cena here but he's at his best against Punk.

If they go with some stupid angle though then scratch this post.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
No, I'm saying Bryan will win the belt. They need a transitional champ to drop it to Cena and they're still high on Bryan (did you fucking hear the Yes-chants yesterday? Louder then anything on the show).

I'm saying, however, that Punk does have some pull backstage over the booking of the ending of his matches. If they go, "Bryan will win it through some silly move where you stumble, hit your head on the turnbuckle and he accidently pins you by getting knocked out by Kane to win" he'll go, nah, lets give the guy a bit more credibility then that.

Because I really do believe that Punk isn't as much of a yes-man as some people here make him out to be.
Isn't the reported plan for them to do Punk/Cena at SS? And with the briefcase, wouldn't they not need a transitional champion? He could just beat Peak after Punk is weakened in a match, couldn't he?

And I think you're giving Punk too much credit here.

After 2 straight PPVs of 'oh Bryan should win here, its makes sense!' and then nope forever Punk still wins I don't care anymore.

It made perfect sense for AJ to help him win to redeem herself, but nope. It made perfect sense to randomly bring in Kane (out of no where!) just so he can do the job and Bryan wins without golden Punk losing the belt setting up him chasing in a much preferred option.... but nope Punk just wins again anyway.

Now Kane is gone and we're left with Punk vs Bryan again which I should be excited about but I'm not cause of the Cena looming thing. This time Bryan should win so he can just be fed to Cena but who knows? People seem to say Cena vs Punk is next probably so its possible Bryan just ends up with nothing after all that. Either way now I'm just gonna be disappointed, I'm not expecting a win but even if he does its like yay now incoming Cena....

They could have easily traded a couple of wins and had a good 3 month feud but no Punk wins it all and Bryan has to just 'keep trying' till Cena is ready.

I remember being soooo happy at the Raw after Extreme Rules was it? When Bryan became #1 contender. Geez such a happy moment, the possibilities! :D And yea we got some great matches out of it but they were ruined with really stupid finishes. Such a waste of potential.

Only the WWE could ruin something involving my 3 favorite people (Bryan, Punk, AJ) on TV in such a short space of time.

XenoRaven

No way man. He's a total sellout. And he's a jerk backstage because he thinks he's better than everyone else. And he's a jerk in real life too. And he's not really straight edge because he drinks Pepsi. And he smells and is a butthead.

BlazinAm

Can't fault him for putting over the younger guys tbh.

Oh I get that but Cena is not a young guy. I can understand Cena going on some sort of winning streak after he wins mitb but to have Jericho losing his first match like that was just a bad call.
All the other guys in that raw mitb match all have had big rivalries with Cena, two of them Kane and Big Show had "big" ppv matches with him and Cena had to overcome all of that but the buildup seems like they are going to make Cena look super strong and have him win is just plain boring.

Come on 20k.

Would be the fun if wrasslegaf can reach the GAF limit even after such a horrible month of WWE programming but a pretty good showing from TNA.

Live Impact help Wrasslegaf in the ratings this month. Live Impact is getting more posts then Smackdown.

Still its a sign Wrasslegaf is hitting critical mass. Could 2 OT's per month become the norm?

Now lets hand it over to Kevin Kelly who is outside Mr McMahon's office trying to get some answers.....

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Also, why are people assuming that Bryan is going to win the title? Isn't the plan to redo Cena/Rock at WM for the WWE title? Or would you guys just be happy to have Bryan be a transitional few weeks to a month Champion?

Aiii

So not worth it
Isn't the reported plan for them to do Punk/Cena at SS? And with the briefcase, wouldn't they not need a transitional champion? He could just beat Peak after Punk is weakened in a match, couldn't he?

And I think you're giving Punk too much credit here.

Either Punk/Cena at SS or Punk/Cena at Night of Champions. The latter one is being advertised already as Cena is "going for the gold" there. But if Punk doesn't lose the belt to Cena directly he'll have more of a claim against him. It'll make Punk look stronger then if he loses it to Cena.

Oh btw, this is based on the fact that Cena won't cash in on a fallen foe. He'll challenge the title holder to a legitimate match (1000th Raw anyone?). Cena's too much of a nice guy to take advantage of fallen opponents.

I'm thinking Bryan will win via AJ shenanigans and then lose it on the 1000th Raw to MitB winner John Cena.

Also, why are people assuming that Bryan is going to win the title? Isn't the plan to redo Cena/Rock at WM for the WWE title? Or would you guys just be happy to have Bryan be a transitional few weeks to a month Champion?

It's not what we want, is what we expect from WWE booking.

Khrno

And why are you assuming that what the dirt sheets say are true or set in stone?

I want Bryan to win, as simple as that.

I have no access to Vince's mind, so I don't care what dirt sheets make up.

XenoRaven

Guys, guys. What if Bryan wins the title and then BEATS Cena, making him the first person to ever fail to win the title after cashing in!? Eh? Eh!?

Kyoufu

Not really, Cena is involved.

Last year match was great because of the build, not because of the wrestling.

Disagree. You need 2 hands to clap. They brought out the best in each other in not just 1 match but 2. Sadly the finish to the 2nd match was just downright bad booking.

Aiii

So not worth it
Guys guys. What if Bryan wins the title and then BEATS Cena, making him the first person to ever fail to win the title after cashing in!? Eh? Eh!?

This is the second posibility I'm leaning to. Cena has been on a tiny losing streak and they really do need someone to cash in and not win. As I said, Cena will have a legitimate match, not a cash-in on a beaten foe. He's also one of the few people on the roster who can lose matches and still be the most over guy on the roster, which his stupid green hat and shitty smile. So yeah, it's either winning or losing a legitimate match. Once again, I expect this at 1000th Raw.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Either Punk/Cena at SS or Punk/Cena at Night of Champions. The latter one is being advertised already as Cena is "going for the gold" there. But if Punk doesn't lose the belt to Cena directly he'll have more of a claim against him. It'll make Punk look stronger then if he loses it to Cena.

Oh btw, this is based on the fact that Cena won't cash in on a fallen foe. He'll challenge the title holder to a legitimate match (1000th Raw anyone?). Cena's too much of a nice guy to take advantage of fallen opponents.

I'm thinking Bryan will win via AJ shenanigans and then lose it on the 1000th Raw to MitB winner John Cena.

It's not what we want, is what we expect from WWE booking.
That's just as bad to me. I really like Bryan, but I don't really see how he survives a Cena showdown and ever seriously challenges for the belt again for the next year. The crowd is fickle. They can chant yes now or whatever, but that doesn't necessarily last. You have to strike while this is hot, and I feel like they are wasting it all, and killing an angle all so they can elevate Cena AGAIN! Like I said, I'm not mad that Kane is out of the feud, I'm mad that a month of buildup in that feud just ended without any sense, all so that they can have someone job to Cena. Even if Bryan were to win, it would just be so that he can drop it to Cena. IT'S ALL CENA ALL THE TIME!!!

Why the fuck are people clamouring for AJ to help Bryan?

Is it just a case of "these are two people I like so they should be together"? I assume it is, especially given that WWE is stoking the flames with their #AJFoursome bullshit.

Khrno

Disagree. You need 2 hands to clap. They brought out the best in each other in not just 1 match but 2. Sadly the finish to the 2nd match was just downright bad booking.

The summer of Punk made an average match, great. And while one was dancing, the other one was just trying to follow.

But I'm glad we agree to disagree, so we should shake hands.

bURML.gif

Ithil

It wouldn't be hot potato if they just gave Bryan the title and let him have a decent length reign. Cena doesn't need the title.

He's had it 10 times and ratings don't change whether he's the champion or not. Punk vs. Bryan can even continue past MITB (with Bryan winning) to a final blow off match, a gimmick of some kind like an Iron Man Match (though it wouldn't happen at Summerslam, not with HHH as the main event) or whatever.

Then you have a period of Bryan as a heel champ moving towards the end of the year. Then put it on whoever (whoever meaning Cena so he can defend against the Rock at WM and waste more TV time having a idiotic pissing contest with Dwayne instead of a feud).

Why does Cena need to be inserted into this? He does his Cena thing just fine contained in his overrun cage

SoulPlaya

more money than God
This is the second posibility I'm leaning to. Cena has been on a tiny losing streak and they really do need someone to cash in and not win. As I said, Cena will have a legitimate match, not a cash-in on a beaten foe. He's also one of the few people on the roster who can lose matches and still be the most over guy on the roster, which his stupid green hat and shitty smile. So yeah, it's either winning or losing a legitimate match. Once again, I expect this at 1000th Raw.
You honestly think they would have Cena be the first person to lose it? And do so to Bryan? You fucks have lost your mind, lol.

Khrno

Guys, guys. What if Bryan wins the title and then BEATS Cena, making him the first person to ever fail to win the title after cashing in!? Eh? Eh!?

Cena putting Bryan over, as in making him the WWE champion and having him main event a PPV?

Are you crazy? You're going to make me like Cena for a night!

Aiii

So not worth it
You honestly think they would have Cena be the first person to lose it? And do so to Bryan? You fucks have lost your mind, lol.

No, if he loses, he loses to Punk.

But no, this is not crazy. Cena can lose, he lost to The Rock and I still think the original plan was a losing streak with Lesnar (remember he lost to Tensai too). They might still pick up that storyline now that Wrestlemania is coming closer and I full well expect Cena as champ with Rock as challenger (or the other way around, though less likely with Rock's current movie schedule).

Ithil

Why the fuck are people clamouring for AJ to help Bryan?

Is it just a case of "these are two people I like so they should be together"? I assume it is, especially given that WWE is stoking the flames with their #AJFoursome bullshit.

Because AJ and Bryan as an equal power couple is an appealing idea. Not the same as before with AJ as Bryan's timid and mistreated girlfriend, but as a full blown heel. We've not had one of these power couples since Edge and Lita.

Guys guys. What if Bryan wins the title and then BEATS Cena, making him the first person to ever fail to win the title after cashing in!? Eh? Eh!?

I've been hurt too much to even joke believe.

At best I can hope Bryan at least gets the belt for any length of time just so he can say he is a former WWE Champion.

With the 1000th show looming and you know they'll be planning something big, I really wouldn't be surprised to see Bryan win at a 'throwaway' PPV then lose to Cena at the BIG RAW they've been hyping forever.

Its just all pretty obvious. Either way they go at this PPV the result all joking aside I believe will be lolCenawins.

Sadly one of my fav events of the year is just complete suck now as theres no doubt Cena will win his and whoever wins the Smackdown one will probably just lose to Sheamus's stupid kick. No excitement this year. :(

Ah well, I'll just hope for another fantastic Punk and Bryan match with hopefully a satisfying ending.

XenoRaven

Honestly, what I'd like to see is Bryan beat Punk, then have Cena cash in, but Bryan figures a way out of it after Cena already turned in the briefcase. Maybe by getting himself DQ'd. In the story, Bryan technically got to where he is now by being crafty and finding unconventional ways to gain an advantage. I'd like to see them continue to play to that. People like us are going to like him regardless, but I think that's the kind of thing that really gets heat with the type of fan that likes Cena. The whole "you'd never win in a fair fight" thing, but Bryan never allows the fight to be fair.

Ithil

No, because that would actually be smart. Putting over a popular newer guy with your always over guy who wouldn't be hurt by the loss? No, Cena wins.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
No, if he loses, he loses to Punk.

But no, this is not crazy. Cena can lose, he lost to The Rock and I still think the original plan was a losing streak with Lesnar (remember he lost to Tensai too). They might still pick up that storyline now that Wrestlemania is coming closer and I full well expect Cena as champ with Rock as challenger (or the other way around, though less likely with Rock's current movie schedule).
You think they might even try to bury Cena in a losing streak? The same Cena who REFUSED to lose from November until WM last year? That Cena? The AJ love has made you crazy, man.

BlazinAm

I would like to see CM Punk win is match mitb and then drop the title at the 1000th raw episode to Bryan.

They have been making a big deal about how long CM Punk's title reign has been so they may keep it going as long as possible, also it seem like they are going build they entire ppv card for Summerslam to be all high profile matches so a CM Punk v. John Cena match is probably going to get more buys than a Daniel Bryan v. John Cena match.

With that said it would be a big deal for them to have a title exchange on the 1000th raw. There was also some dirt sheet memo that was going around that booking on raw and smackdown is going to become more important than ppv booking.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So Punk beats Cena for the WWE title at MitB.

Cena then beats Mysterio to become a "paper" champion on RAW.

Punk again proves he's better than Cena by beating him in a "champion vs champion" match at Summerslam (Because you couldn't tell which one of Punk or Cena was the "real" champion in the first place by the fact that Punk beat Cena for his championship)

Why should I be excited about Punk vs. Cena again?

Top Bottom