• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

ZeroRay

tumblr_m67rdlVTt01qfeqiwo1_500.png

Nice, Layla.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
That's because it always ends badly, anyway this part of the cycle to me signifies the end, the end of the great Kane run of 2012, after MITB he will drop down the card, possibly turn face and be on the road to retirement, best big match he'll ever get again is a possible Kane/Taker fan service.

Kane suffered brutal humanization in that backstage raw segment, it was painful to watch, HUMAN KANE HAS ARRIVED, HE'S GONNA SHAKE YOUR HANDS WITH NO GLOVE.
Kane vs Barrett, lets do this, use the last ounce of monster credibility to put over Barrett.
It's really a fucking shame. I was hoping that they could do Bryan/Kane, and have Kane do for him what he did to Edge. Yes, it would be a retread feud, but the first Edge/Lita/Kane feud was great, it had great matches, certified Edge, and catapulted him into the main event permanently. That's honestly what I was hoping would happen to Bryan. Make him the new Edge. A dependable heel main eventer, and Kane would certainly put him over and make him and AJ look great in the process.

Damn it.

Oh of course, you made it.
I wish I had those kinds of skills.

If I had to draw it, it would be stick figures. One with breasts, and the other would be AJ.

Ithil

It's really a fucking shame. I was hoping that they could do Bryan/Kane, and have Kane do for him what he did to Edge. Yes, it would be a retread feud, but the first Edge/Lita/Kane feud was great, it had great matches, certified Edge, and catapulted him into the main event permanently. That's honestly what I was hoping would happen to Bryan. Make him the new Edge. A dependable heel main eventer, and Kane would certainly put him over and make him and AJ look great in the process.

Damn it.

I wish I had those kinds of skills.

If I had to draw it, it would be stick figures. One with breasts, and the other would be AJ.

Just like they missed out making Punk the new Stone Cold last year, they miss out making Bryan/AJ the new Edge/Lita this year (so far). They never used to be this off the ball on so many major chances for big business.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Just like they missed out making Punk the new Stone Cold last year, they miss out making Bryan/AJ the new Edge/Lita this year (so far). They never used to be this off the ball on so many major chances for big business.
I still think they're obviously going with AJ/Bryan, but that's not enough. They have to be given the right feuds, and Bryan has to be the bigger star of the two, not AJ. He should be getting the attention. I honestly thought Bryan/Kane could do that. No, the matches wouldn't be as good as Punk/Bryan, but it would do more for Bryan than losing again to Punk, or winning, then losing quickly to Cena.

Damn it.

It could've worked as well, hopefully Bryan can keep his head above the murky WWE waters and not sink into the token cowardly main event heel who is so cowardly they plunge down the card like such other recent WWE main eventers such as Ice Cold Mike "The Miz" Mizanin.

Khrno

At least in his matches he isn't playing the cowardly heel, he is playing the rabid wolf that wants to go for the throat.

If anything, in the ring he is moving away from the Edge-type and going towards the ******-type, but maybe a balance can be reached with the help of AJ.

Toki767

If anyone could win MITB and not win the title on the match they cash in on and not be effected in terms of how the crowd sees him, it certainly would be John Cena. Not that it'll happen but I definitely think they want to keep MITB at 100% cash in rate considering the Royal Rumble percentage is like...hardly over 50%.

Mengetsu

It could've worked as well, hopefully Bryan can keep his head above the murky WWE waters and not sink into the token cowardly main event heel who is so cowardly they plunge down the card like such other recent WWE main eventers such as Ice Cold Mike "The Miz" Mizanin.

Ugh...imagine if he went the Christian route with being a heel? "One more match? YES!!!" *Shivers*

Y'know people forget about Victoria... she might've done the crazy chick gimmick better than anyone else in the post-Attitude Era. Excellent wrestler also and had size to boot.

Khrno

Y'know people forget about Victoria... she might've done the crazy chick gimmick better than anyone else in the post-Attitude Era. Excellent wrestler also and had size to boot.

Victoria, of course, who could forget about Victoria.

Damm Victoria was hot, what I liked the most about Vickie was how well she used to get heat, yeah, Vickie was great.

This is my favourite moment of Vickie.

smackdown-5.jpeg

I really liked La Familia angle.

G-Fex

If you so help me so much as stare at my precious Tara I will send you to the Shadow Realm faster than a jobber duelist.

What the fuck does that post have to do with Victoria Khrno?
If you so help me so much as stare at my precious Tara I will send you to the Shadow Realm faster than a jobber duelist.
Oh hai, didn't expect to see you in the Real World at this time of day. When you go back to fantasyland tell the Lhurgoyf and Kung Fu Nappa I said 'sup.

Ugh...imagine if he went the Christian route with being a heel? "One more match? YES!!!" *Shivers*
Anything is possible in the world wrestling federation

I really liked La Familia angle.

My most hated angle in years, originally the idea was Edge using Vickie to maintain his grip on SD but over time they seemed to just be like "okay screw it, genuine couple time!", Edge became more wimpy, the rest of la familia were ineffective and all the feuds were boring plop against Taker, Batista and Jeff Hardy which were all pretty similar regardless of the vast differences between each wrestler, Edge was like the Cena of Smackdown, sure he wrestled a hell of a lot better but he was perched at the top doing ultimate opportunist stuff for far too long.
I like Edge but this run completely turned me off watching Smackdown, it was like watching an imposter Edge, who got his mojo back for 2 whole weeks to face Taker in the cell and then returned as the same old Edge months later.

/rant

Nope
MickieJamesTrishClawlick.gif
Yeah but she was a crazy obsessed stalker, it's easy to pull that off when you have sexual tension. I mean she could've been over the top horrible but the implied lesbian factor would've had people eating it up. Mickie had a wider gimmick of crazy to work with.

Anything is possible in the world wrestling federation

My most hated angle in years, originally the idea was Edge using Vickie to maintain his grip on SD but over time they seemed to just be like "okay screw it, genuine couple time!", Edge became more wimpy, the rest of la familia were ineffective and all the feuds were boring plop against Taker, Batista and Jeff Hardy which were all pretty similar regardless of the vast differences between each wrestler, Edge was like the Cena of Smackdown, sure he wrestled a hell of a lot better but he was perched at the top doing ultimate opportunist stuff for far too long.
I like Edge but this run completely turned me off watching Smackdown, it was like watching an imposter Edge, who got his mojo back for 2 whole weeks to face Taker in the cell and then returned as the same old Edge months later.

/rant

Seriously. Who the fuck was scared of Chavo Guerrero, The Major Brothers, and Bam Neely?

In honor of last night's WTF craziness. IT'S KANE BANANA!!!
Do you think Kane's family reunions have Kane banana splits? maybe Kane is an amazing cook, or perhaps he always burns the food.

Seriously. Who the fuck was scared of Chavo Guerrero, The Major Brothers, and Bam Neely?
I'm not sure Bam Neely actually did anything other than stand in Chavo's corner, attempt to interfere and blunder 95% of the time, what a waste.

Top Bottom