• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

We should most def watch the CHIKARA Aniversario events. They had tons of guys from the 10 years if the company. Plus nothing else will be on worth watching. Saturday at 3 or 4 EST. Whats everyone think?

I'll be in if I'm around at that time.

But yeah.. I cant help feel Cena has some WCW Hulk Hogan syndrome stuff going on right now.

Dude cant make anyone look better then him in any situation ever.

This is a very interesting analogy to make considering the role Paul Wight is currently in.

Khrno

But a heel Cena will not happen anytime soon, he could still be doing the same (being bully Super Cena) but in a different light.

ZLBqI.gif

Mr. Sam

I genuinely liked that segment. "It's slobberknocker good!" got me. Yeah, yeah - at least I'm not dead inside. Instead, I'm amused by bright colours, movement and other stuff like that.

http://i.imgur.com/tg3RT.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

For the first half of the show (and some bits during the second half), I didn't feel like my intelligence was being insulted too much by watching Impact. That's more than what I can say for the WWE from what I've been hearing the past few weeks.

Impact should be good tonight. Bully Ray/Joe Park ESQ contract signing, Dixie addressing the AJ stuff, plus Samoa Joe and Aries need to setup their match if it's still happening this weekend.

Kaladin

The current Slammiversary line-up isn't inspiring me to part with $35.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Bobby Roode (c) vs. "The Icon" Sting

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (c) vs. AJ Styles & Kurt Angle

Bully Ray vs. Joseph Park

TV Champion Devon & Garett Bischoff vs. Robbie E & Robbie T

Bowser

Sounds like Samoa Joe vs Austin Aries is likely as well

Yeah, regret paying so much for a ticket to this, but I bought it when I thought they were going to make it a big deal. Instead it's a throwaway show. If Aries vs Joe isn't on the card then that really fucking sucks as that's the only thing I want to see.

Kaladin

Yeah, regret paying so much for a ticket to this, but I bought it when I thought they were going to make it a big deal. Instead it's a throwaway show. If Aries vs Joe isn't on the card then that really fucking sucks as that's the only thing I want to see.

Slammiversary hasn't been a big show since Bishoff and Hogan took over. Bound For Glory and Lockdown are their big storyline advancing events now.

RBH

Figure Four Weekly - September 25th, 2000

As of this past weekend, the top three candidates for the driver of the car that ran over Steve Austin were Billy Gunn (who is returning soon from rotator cuff surgery), Debra (Austin’s real-life wife) and X-Pac (Hunter Hearst Helmsely’s real-life friend).

There was talk several weeks ago that Ric Flair would end up being the father of Miss Hancock’s baby, but the betting line backstage now is that it will end up being Vince Russo. Flair made a rare snafu during his Thunder interview when he said he’d heard “last week” that people were saying he was the father, even though Hancock had only revealed that David wasn’t the father two days earlier on Nitro. Most people backstage last week figured Russo was going to end up booking himself as the father, mostly as a way to remain an important part of the company, and also to keep his feud with Ric Flair strong. Russo, unlike many of the previous bookers, understands Flair’s ratings power and wants to keep him a focal point of the company.

Christopher Daniels and Mike Henderson were given what amounted to WWF try-out matches at the Universal Pro Wrestling show in Santa Ana, CA last Wednesday. Henderson beat Taka Michinoku in what was said to be an excellent match. Afterwards, Taka gave Henderson the Michinoku Driver and laid him out. Kurt Angle beat Daniels with the OIympic Slam in what was also said to be a very good match. One observer said the Michinoku vs. Henderson match was probably the best on the show, although Daniels vs. Angle was a better technical match and had a good finish, with Angle trying for the Olympic Slam several times and finally hitting it in the end. No yet on whether either have been offered developmental deals.

With Raw jumping to a new Network on the 25th with less than optimum promotion, that opens the door for Nitro to gain some ground in a Monday night ratings war they’ve lost for almost two years straight. WCW plans on pulling out all the stops for the show next week, which is what they usually do in these situations. However, Nitro was given two unopposed weeks earlier this month and put on at least one very well-received show, but this week they were already back down to the 2.8 they’d been drawing pretty regularly prior to the pre-emptions. Plus, Nitro will not be unopposed next week — Raw will still air at 9:00 PM, just on a new network. Any hardcore WWF fan who really wants to find it will just have to flip through the channels. There is a mistaken belief that USA is available in far more homes than TNN, but the truth is that TNN is available in about 76 million homes and USA in about 77 million. Plus, when you look back at the debut of Smackdown, the show did very well for itself the first week in despite airing on the very poorly-rated UPN network. To make a long story short, the WWF won’t be too hard to find, and if someone put a gun to my head I’d predict a 4.3 for Raw and a 3.1 for Nitro. I would also guess that within a month, Raw will be back up to around a 5.5 or 6.0 rating.

The ruling also opens up the door for the long-expected announcement of a deal between USA and ECW. While nobody has said anything publicly as of press time, the feeling was that a deal would be announced for a late-night weekend timeslot for ECW on USA sometime in the next two weeks.

The WWF’s deal with Viacom already shook up the wrestling industry by resulting in the cancellation of ECW’s national television show on TNN. But the actual WWF jump from USA to Viacom will have even more far-reaching implications for all three major companies. It will be intriguing to see where things stand a week, a month, and a year down the road.

Slammiversary hasn't been a big show since Bishoff and Hogan took over. Bound For Glory and Lockdown are their big storyline advancing events now.

Funnily enough Hogan and Dixie have been on local tv here saying this is their big show of the year. Hogan said it was their superbowl lol. It was obvious that at one point they had big plans for this show, but then the time change happened, going live happened, and whatever they had planned must have fell through. How hard is it for them to have a battle royale or something with former guys that were in TNA? Something cool to call back to their history? Obviously Hogan and Bischoff don't give a shit about their history, but damn.

Kaladin

Funnily enough Hogan and Dixie have been on local tv here saying this is their big show of the year. Hogan said it was their superbowl lol. It was obvious that at one point they had big plans for this show, but then the time change happened, going live happened, and whatever they had planned must have fell through. How hard is it for them to have a battle royale or something with former guys that were in TNA? Something cool to call back to their history? Obviously Hogan and Bischoff don't give a shit about their history, but damn.

If they wanted to do something to celebrate the history of TNA they would bring back King of the Mountain, which was an awesome unique concept match TNA had that Hogan and Bishoff killed. I think the best thing we can hope for out of Slammiversary is Joe winning the X-Division title and defending it vs Aries in the main event at Destination X.

If they wanted to do something to celebrate the history of TNA they would bring back King of the Mountain, which was an awesome unique concept match TNA had that Hogan and Bishoff killed. I think the best thing we can hope for out of Slammiversary is Joe winning the X-Division title and defending it vs Aries in the main event at Destination X.

Remember the stupid weight limit limitations Bischoff put on the X division? Joe can't win the title...

somedevil

I'm interested in the Austin Aries and Samoa Joe match, but I wished it got some good build then just being a match. I mean the feud started last week by him spritzing him with water. Its like the Jericho and Kane feud started over a cup of coffee.

L8PWR.gif

Kaladin

Scheduled for tonight's live TNA Impact Wrestling from Orlando, FL:

*TNA champon Bobby Rooooooo & TNA Tag Team champions Daniels & Kazarian vs. Sting & Kurt Angle & AJ Styles.

*Four Way Knockouts bout to determine top contender for Knockouts title.

*Contract signing: Bully Ray and Joseph Park.

*Dixie Carter responds to the accusations about her and AJ Styles.

TNA will be streaming live segments online during Impact Wrestling's commercial breaks.

RBH

TNA will be running a live event in Belton, Texas next Thursday night as Impact Wrestling is airing live on Spike TV. To give you an idea of which performers won’t be on Impact next week, the following matches are scheduled for the Belton show:

Garrett Bischoff vs. Gunner, Chris Sabin vs. Kid Kash, Douglas Williams vs. Rob Terry, Matt Morgan vs. Crimson and Knockouts tag match featuring Tara, Mickie James and Velvet Sky vs. Angelina Love, Winter, Sarita and Rosita. Robbie E. is also advertised to appear.

Scottify

I dunno, that whole Cena/Cole segment wasn't that good, however, the 'It's Slobberknocker Good' had me rolling. It doesn't make up for the whole bullying segment but it was definitely worth a good laugh.

Aiii

So not worth it
Btw, does anyone know how often it's happened that a wrestler that loses the WHC immediatly gets put in a long term WWE title feud? That's pretty unique, isn't it?

Kaladin

Btw, does anyone know how often it's happened that a wrestler that loses the WHC immediatly gets put in a long term WWE title feud? That's pretty unique, isn't it?

Probably just as unique as a wrestler debuting on Wrestlemania defending a major title.

Stop being so awesome CHIKARA.

You know his intricate, evocative soundscapes from Rocky IV, Transformers: The Movie and even Stayin' Alive! Now, the electronic virtuoso Vince DiCola lends his immense talents to the most immense wrestling tournament in all the land - King of Trios 2012!

Vince DiCola and songwriting partner Kenny Meriedeth are composing a new, original track to serve as the OFFICIAL theme of this year's King of Trios tourney!

A sample of greatness

This is going to be so fucking epic!

Top Bottom