• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Au0JYtFCIAEOKie.jpg:large

eldoon

Surprise party for Serge. Take that how you will...

I would love it to be something extremely boring like aj was comforting her because her aunt is sick or something and they were arranging a party or hiring a new wrestler for tna.
Then have it twist with serge cheating with Mickie James.

Kevin Steen, Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino promo;

"We live..."

I can't decide if this storyline is genius, or totally fucked - let's look at this;

. Steen vs Davey - Richards was meant to be the top babyface of the company, but was becoming vilified by the fans due to his wrestling style and MMA bullshit. ROH did their damnedest to make Steen the heel of the feud, but it was never going to happen. His taunts of "jui-jitsu jack-off" cut too close to the bone, because, while Steen was trying to heel it up, he was saying exactly what the majority of fans had been thinking about the face of the company, Davey Richards.

. Steen, Jacobs & Corino vs Cornette - again, Steen is the clear heel here. He's done the impossible, beat the top babyface, captured the ROH World Title and is now holding the company hostage. However, outside of storyline, everything these guys are saying rings true with those fans who dislike the current product - Jim Cornette IS ridiculously out of touch, has a hard-on for MMA/shootstyle wrestling (Kyle O'Reilly vs Adam Cole at Best in the World will be contested under 'Hybrid Rules', btw, so yay for that, I guess) and is using fan favourites, guys with talent, charisma and personality, like El Generico & Colt Cabana, less and less.

So, in the end, ROH has created some interest in this stable of Steen, Jacobs & Corino - but I'm not quite sure in what way ROH expects the fans to react? Because I'm not booing these guys, and neither will NYC at Best in the World 2012. Either Cornette is actually the heel here, or this whole storyline is fucked from the ground up.

Is that movie going to be good? I don't trust anyones reviews.

It's extremely beautiful and well shot, but there are issues with the writing and story progression, more so if you come into it as a super fan of Alien and Aliens. Questions are left unanswered most likely for a sequel but it's frustrating if you start thinking about it.

Still, it's crazy eye candy and serious sci-fi so I can't be THAT critical. Solid movie that might be made better with a director's cut.

YOU MAKIN' FUN OF MY FIGHTANZ, WE GON' HAVE TO SCRAP

OH NO PLEASE DON'T QCFx2 SUPER X FACTOR FATALITY ME, YO!

It's extremely beautiful and well shot, but there are issues with the writing and story progression, more so if you come into it as a super fan of Alien and Aliens. Questions are left unanswered most likely for a sequel but it's frustrating if you start thinking about it.

Still, it's crazy eye candy and serious sci-fi so I can't be THAT critical. Good movie that might be made better with a director's cut.
Did you see it in 3D? If so was it any good? I was looking into going to the IMAX screening, but they only have it in 3D, and usually I try to avoid 3D if I can.

Did you see it in 3D? If so was it any good? I was looking into going to the IMAX screening, but they only have it in 3D, and usually I try to avoid 3D if I can.

Didn't see it in 3D but I've read the 3D is really good. There are lots of hologram maps, and the set design is insane so I'm pretty sure it looks great in 3D.

G-Fex

Still, it's crazy eye candy and serious sci-fi so I can't be THAT critical. Solid movie that might be made better with a director's cut.

OH NO PLEASE DON'T QCFx2 SUPER X FACTOR FATALITY ME, YO!

Sounds cool.

Spoilers of note from the final FCW tapings;

07/01 episode;

Richie Steamboat defeated Antonio Cesaro to retain the FCW 15 Jack Brisco Championship after a 0-0 tie after fifteen minutes. The match went to sudden death and Steamboat won with a super kick.

Match Number Four: FCW Florida Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins defeated Bo Dallas, Kassius Ohno, and Leo Kruger in a Fatal Four Way Match to retain the FCW Florida Heavyweight Championship. Rollins pinned Kruger after a curb stomp.

07/08 episode - Jim Ross & Dusty Rhodes providing commentary;

Match Number Three: Dean Ambrose vs William Regal was stopped by the ref after he declared Regal unfit to compete due to excessive blood loss - the locker-room spilled out to separate both guys, who were still brawling post-match, but Ambrose went wild, attacking wrestlers and referees. He applied the regal stretch and hit the knee trembler, while Regal looked on and applauded Ambrose to close the show

Why isn't Regal/Ambrose on WWE TV yet? Fuck waiting for Mick's last big bump to put Ambrose over, just kick off a Regal/Ambrose feud on Smackdown or something.

tm24

"We live..."

I can't decide if this storyline is genius, or totally fucked - let's look at this;

. Steen vs Davey - Richards was meant to be the top babyface of the company, but was becoming vilified by the fans due to his wrestling style and MMA bullshit. ROH did their damnedest to make Steen the heel of the feud, but it was never going to happen. His taunts of "jui-jitsu jack-off" cut too close to the bone, because, while Steen was trying to heel it up, he was saying exactly what the majority of fans had been thinking about the face of the company, Davey Richards.

. Steen, Jacobs & Corino vs Cornette - again, Steen is the clear heel here. He's done the impossible, beat the top babyface, captured the ROH World Title and is now holding the company hostage. However, outside of storyline, everything these guys are saying rings true with those fans who dislike the current product - Jim Cornette IS ridiculously out of touch, has a hard-on for MMA/shootstyle wrestling (Kyle O'Reilly vs Adam Cole at Best in the World will be contested under 'Hybrid Rules', btw, so yay for that, I guess) and is using fan favourites, guys with talent, charisma and personality, like El Generico & Colt Cabana, less and less.

So, in the end, ROH has created some interest in this stable of Steen, Jacobs & Corino - but I'm not quite sure in what way ROH expects the fans to react? Because I'm not booing these guys, and neither will NYC at Best in the World 2012. Either Cornette is actually the heel here, or this whole storyline is fucked from the ground up.
Let's face it, cornette is just as bad as Vince. They lucked their way into this and they'll blow the title change like they've blown the majority of them in the last few years

Didn't see it in 3D but I've read the 3D is really good. There are lots of hologram maps, and the set design is insane so I'm pretty sure it looks great in 3D.
Cool. Film looks too solid. Only problem is I broke my own rule and watched too many trailers for it, and I feel like I've already seen too much. But that isn't the film's fault, that's my fault for being weak.

Cool. Film looks too solid. Only problem is I broke my own rule and watched too many trailers for it, and I feel like I've already seen too much. But that isn't the film's fault, that's my fault for being weak.

It's both your fault and the trailer's fault. Unfortunately you probably have seen too much. Really bad marketing for the movie in terms of what they showed.

I too broke my trailer rules....The hype got me :(

"We live..."

If the intent was to double turn Richards + Steen then they couldn't have picked a better location to cement it than in Toronto at Border Wars. Either by design or by fluke they created a top tier villain in Cornette (with Richards as his dragon) and a likeable believable anti-hero in Steen.
I truly have no idea if this was their plan, but they would be foolish not to embrace it.

The one thing that makes me hesitant in believing they intend for Steen to be the face is that he is still in clear opposition to the most over face (probably in the world), El Generico.

bangai-o

Banned
It's both your fault and the trailer's fault. Unfortunately you probably have seen too much. Really bad marketing for the movie in terms of what they showed.

I too broke my trailer rules....The hype got me :(
none of the trailers ive seen have shown much of anything. although the asshat microsoft press conference decided to show a clip that revealed something.

Let's face it, cornette is just as bad as Vince. They lucked their way into this and they'll blow the title change like they've blown the majority of them in the last few years

I wouldn't go so far to say Cornette is as bad as Vince, I respect the man and his views on how less is often more when it comes to storytelling in wrestling, but it's his sheer stubbornness that prevents him from ever moving forward - hell, watch ROH's TV show and in a lot of ways it's like watching an episode of Smoky Mountain.

As for the eventual title change, I fully expect them to botch it - in fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Davey wins the rematch, despite the fact that the NYC crowd are sure to shit all over him. So, I see it going two ways; either Davey wins the title in NYC this month and turns on the fans post-match, or Steen beats Davey in such a reprehensible manner that between Best in the World and Final Battle they can rebuild Davey as a babyface.

Ideally, Richards would lose his rematch and go on to other things - I'd have Richards & O'Reilly beat WGGT for the belts, and then feud with Edwards & Cole, meanwhile Steen would eventually drop the belt to Elgin, creating tensions in the House of Truth and setting up a Strong vs Elgin feud, with Steen still in the main event mix.

Perspicacity said:
If the intent was to double turn Richards + Steen then they couldn't have picked a better location to cement it than in Toronto at Border Wars. Either by design or by fluke they created a top tier villain in Cornette (with Richards as his dragon) and a likeable believable anti-hero in Steen.
I truly have no idea if this was their plan, but they would be foolish not to embrace it.

Definitely, which is why I'm kind of dreading Best in the World - they've already telegraphed a Davey victory with the stupid "Richards' last ever title opportunity" stipulation, and if Richards does win and then doesn't turn, I don't know how they expect the fans to act with anything but anger and disgust. As for Cornette, this storyline seems reminiscent of when he was ROH Commissioner and went crazy with power in his feud with Homicide, but if that were the case here you think Cornette would be doing everything in his power to help Davey, and making this Davey's last shot at Steen doesn't imply that.

Perspicacity said:
The one thing that makes me hesitant in believing they intend for Steen to be the face is that he is still in clear opposition to the most over face (probably in the world), El Generico.

Perhaps then it goes some way to explaining why ROH have been using Generico so little lately - you can't turn Steen face, or even tweener, if El Generico is still around to remind everyone what a bastard Steen is.

none of the trailers ive seen have shown much of anything. although the asshat microsoft press conference decided to show a clip that revealed something.

You've seen the US trailers and the international one? The commercials? Familiar with the franchise? If yes to all of that, then trust me, you've seen/heard too much.

You've seen the US trailers and the international one? The commercials? Familiar with the franchise? If yes to all of that, then trust me, you've seen/heard too much.
During the Heat/Celtics game tonight, they had no less than three different promos for the movie, and they showed them over and over. It was very annoying.

That's my problem with film promotion now and days. They show way too much of the movie. They leave very little surprises anymore.

Liking the bed jmdajr, i'm sure you wake up with hustle, loyalty and respect with your attitude adjusted appropriately for the day ahead.
Don't try and tell me that's not your bed, I wont believe you.

Second team announced for CHIKARA's King of Trios 2012;

ibvrbshUFAtsrE.jpg

Plus, the already announced Extreme Trio;

ibyP0y4WYUx5OB.jpg

Also, ahead of his Grand Championship title shot at 'Smack in the Middle' in Syracuse, NY on June 24th, the evening before Dasher Hatfield will take on the Generic Luchadore El Generico at 'The Foggiest Notion' in Ontario. Looking forward to that one, Generico is the perfect choice to make Dasher look awesome before his title shot.

WWE.COM said:
The words are ingrained in the collective memory of the WWE Universe: “Austin 3:16 says I just whooped you’re a**!”

The collective memory of the WWE Universe really needs to learn the difference between "you're" and "your".

Aiii

So not worth it
Why is Impact enjoyable lately?

Might it be because they got rid of Russo? Might it be that Russo is not a good wrestling writer? Who would've thought, the quality of Impact post-Russo is most shocking to me.

Anyway, good to see the whole Joey Ryan thing is an angle, I do like a nice over-the-top character.

Top Bottom