• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Bowser

The IC champ being at Slammiversary is a big deal. If they announce him as the person in the HOF that's horrible.

Do you think he takes the belt there? I would laugh so hard if he looked miserable and not at all like he wanted to be there. Wasn't the word that TNA asked for Christian and Christian didn't want to do it but Triple H and Vince were basically like "you're not gonna fuck us on Ric Flair being at the ceremony"?

Carnby

Good Morning!
product1_46310_600x600.jpg

If my son grows up to be a Cena fan and asks me to buy this for him, I don't know what I will do.

What would Kane do?

Do you think he takes the belt there? I would laugh so hard if he looked miserable and not at all like he wanted to be there. Wasn't the word that TNA asked for Christian and Christian didn't want to do it but Triple H and Vince were basically like "you're not gonna fuck us on Ric Flair being at the ceremony"?

Bet he doesn't take the belt. I'm sure he is getting paid to be there plus he gets to meet with some old friends. He will probably be happy. Didn't he leave on good terms?

tm24

The one thing that makes me hesitant in believing they intend for Steen to be the face is that he is still in clear opposition to the most over face (probably in the world), El Generico.

I dont believe that since PWG has somehow managed to balance that for 2 years.

DKehoe

Extended trailer for 'Timeline: History of ECW - 1995 - As told by The Sandman'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwMEqA_Y-yY

Should be entertaining, as Sandman's shoots always are, but damn does he look rough. Top youtube comment about sums it up;

"Hey Sean, how 'bout you tell me what the fuck is wrong with Hak before I give him money for meth?"

Saw a picture of him doing this a little bit ago. He really does look awful.
Is that a scar or some kind of tattoo on his neck?

DGUSA/EVOLVE news update;

. Both the June 28th & 29th EVOLVE events will be broadcast live on iPPV, the June 30th show has still to be determined. The iPPVs will again feature the 3-tier pricing plan, $9.99 for live viewing, $14.99 for live & on demand and $24.99 for live, on demand & a DVD copy.

. The 2nd annual 'Style Battle' tournament will take place across the EVOLVE June triple-shot, and this time will feature 4 competitors with distinct styles in a round-robin tournament. The first two competitors announced are last year's winner AR Fox representing high flying, and Lince Dorado, representing luchalibre.

. Colt Cabana will make his EVOLVE debut on June 28th and will face a tough test against the EVOLVE Wins & Best Record leader; Chuck Taylor.

. In a veteran vs rising star bout, on June 28th The Generic Luchadore El Generico will take on Samuray Del Sol!

. Ahead of the SHINE Women's Wrestling promotions debut on iPPV va WWNLive.com on June 28th EVOLVE will present a SHINE preview match; The Queen of Wrestling Sara Del Rey vs ex-TNA Knockout Santana Garrett.

. On June 29th, Wins & Best Record leader Chuck Taylor will get his shot at the Dragon Gate USA Open the Freedom Gate title as he takes on Johnny Gargano.

. In addition to Gargano vs Taylor and Style Battle round-robin matches, El Generico vs Silas Young has also been signed for June 29th.

. Finally, on June 30th EVOLVE presents a grudge match between Samuray Del Sol & Chuck Taylor.

Lot of great looking matches there - Gargano vs Taylor should be awesome, and if El Generico can't sell me on Samuray Del Sol, no one can. Hopefully the June 30th show is on iPPV too, otherwise it kinda puts a damper on the Style Battle tournament.

I've seen very little DGUSA and no EVOLVE, but the premise of EVOLVE intrigues me. Would you recommend just starting with Evolve 1 and going from there Bootaaay or is there a better jumping on point?

Aiii

So not worth it
So Christian will be the first TNA HoF inductee?

Nah, he'll never want to be in that HoF before the WWE one.

I've seen very little DGUSA and no EVOLVE, but the premise of EVOLVE intrigues me. Would you recommend just starting with Evolve 1 and going from there Bootaaay or is there a better jumping on point?

EVOLVE 11 would be a good place to jump in if you don't want to go through all 13 shows so far, as the last 3 shows were all pretty good (10 was a bit hit and miss). Really though, I'd recommend starting from the beginning - all those 2010 shows have at least one or two must see matches, Richards vs Ibushi & TJP vs Sawa from EVOLVE 1, Hero vs Hidaka & Jacobs vs Gargano from EVOLVE 2, Castagnoli vs Taylor from EVOLVE 3, Danielson vs Fish from EVOLVE 4, Danielson vs Sawa from EVOLVE 5 and Taylor vs Aries from EVOLVE 6. 2011 was an odd year, as they only ran 3 shows, but there's still a few good matches there, and apart from EVOLVE 10 they're off to a great start in 2012.

RBH

C.M. Punk is being moved at least for the time being from the Raw house show tour to the Smackdown tour.

With Randy Orton, considered by management as the top star on the Smackdown brand being suspended, the company has felt the Smackdown brand needed to be bolstered.

With this week's tour of Spain already heavily advertised with Punk on the shows, the Smackdown crew will be what is had been of late for this week's shows in Salisbury, MD and Binghamton, NY. Next weekend's shows, as the weekend before the PPV, are combined brand shows.

The changes go into effect on 6/23 for the Smackdown show in Springfield, IL, where Punk, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio will be used as the Smackdown brand headliners. John Cena and Big Show will be used as the Raw headliners. John Laurinaitis will be the third headliner on some, but not all, Raw house shows. Dolph Ziggler is at this point being advertised as the No. 3 star behind Cena and Show on the Raw tour.

At this point it appears the change is temporary, just to get through the next 60 days, since Punk is not being advertised for the Smackdown television tapings, where Cena and HHH are being pushed as the main stars in the local markets. The plans have been for Cena to only work dark matches and HHH to just do cameos at least for now.

Another notable point is that Rey Mysterio, who would have been considered by position as the No. 2 babyface on the Smackdown brand behind Sheamus, is not being advertised for any house shows in July at this point. Mysterio's 60 day suspension will be up in three weeks and he had told management he was ready to return due to knee surgery.

These changes bring up the question about the two championships. The rule of thumb was always to have one champion on each touring brand. However, all five men who are in the two title matches at No Way Out, Punk, Bryan, Kane, Del Rio and Sheamus, are all scheduled to be on the Smackdown tour this summer.

For the first time in years, when it comes to star power, the lesser drawing Smackdown brand seems to be the more loaded touring crew, with Raw relying almost totally on Cena when it comes to babyface star power.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...e-to-wwe-smackdown-brand-but-may-be-temporary

Kaladin

pwinsider said:
During last night's Impact Wrestling (seen above) and the subsequent Impact Post Game show, Crimson mocked Bill Goldberg's winning streak in WCW and said his was far longer. During the Post-Game, Crimson called out Goldberg and said he was "too chicken" to respond. When a fan wrote to Goldberg via Twitter, the former WCW and WWE World champion responded, "He can meet me at my gym @SutYadPalung ..sparring M,W,F 9am.......my advice is bring headgear and his insurance card."

Since a lot of people have asked, Joey Ryan was not backstage last night. There is obviously some sort of plan for him going forward.

TNA certainly teased a Mickie James heel turn last night.

The word making the rounds backstage was that last night wasn't the end of AJ Styles and Dixie Carter's husband Serg Salinas having an angle together. Behind the scenes, Serg handles a lot of the licensing and merchandising end of the company as well as the original themes that are created for talent. Shelly Martinez' character Salinas in LAX was a nod to his last name.

TNA will be bringing back their TNA Today online show starting this Tuesday, hosted by Jeremy Borash. Some of the editions will be live.

You don't think TNA would do Crimson vs Goldberg with minimal build do you?

Randy Orton got suspended? For what?

Steroids and weed.

still curious on whether they make Ziggler a face. they better not bury vicki in such a crud manner again.

Nah, they should keep him a heel, they aren't in need of more faces, but could do with a new top tier heel - however, to split from Vicki's group Ziggler should beat the shit out of Swagger and then verbally destroy Vicki, to the point where she's in tears and the crowd almost has a bit of sympathy for her. I think that'd help establish Ziggler as a true bastard heel, whereas the arrogant show-off persona he has currently has always been more of a tweener character to me anyway.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Steroids and weed.

Nah, they should keep him a heel, they aren't in need of more faces, but could do with a new top tier heel - however, to split from Vicki's group Ziggler should beat the shit out of Swagger and then verbally destroy Vicki, to the point where she's in tears and the crowd almost has a bit of sympathy for her. I think that'd help establish Ziggler as a true bastard heel, whereas the arrogant show-off persona he has currently has always been more of a tweener character to me anyway.

Pretty much this.

Top Bottom