• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic GAF |OT| The Park is closed, the World is open

Boem

I also had a random flashback to their T Rex head ice lollies the other day, that came out around the same time as TLW I think. They were green with a red mouth and delicious! Anyone else remember them?

Huh, yeah, that vaguely rings a bell with me. I'm pretty sure we used to have those over here as well.

Sorry I don't know what you mean with it?

I think he's talking about a name as in a pet's name - Rexie, or something like that.

Fuchsdh

Amazing the original film is providing fodder for stuff like this. Haha.

giphy.gif

Snaku

Banned
Chronicle Collectibles has finally unveiled their T-Rex Breakout statue. Only $500, payment plans available, and preorders start Friday.

Jurassic Park T-Rex Breakout Diorama will be available for Pre-Order Friday June 3rd at 5pm CST.

The Breakout Rex is 24" long x 16" tall and 12" wide.
The Base is inspired by the shape of the T-Rex Paddock from the Jurassic Park Map. We plan to make one change during production, the use of real braided cable for the safety lines.

Pre-Order price is $500 for the first 30 days and $550 regular price.

ES will be set after the first 30 days and a full COA and hand numbered base will come with every Breakout Rex.

GOAT JP collectible?

Chronicle Collectibles has finally unveiled their T-Rex Breakout statue. Only $500, payment plans available, and preorders start Friday.

GOAT JP collectible?

Hell yes.

I'd argue it may be one of the greatest officially licensed film statue/dioramas out there, JP or not.

Should I be worried about this Chronicle T-rex selling out fast? Going to try my best to get it Friday. Have never really bought something like this before (sideshow type collectibles), demand seems high just going off reactions to this... even with the slightly high price.

Snaku

Banned
AHHHHHH THIS IS GLORIOUS!!!

Link to where this will go live?

https://www.chroniclecollectibles.com

Should I be worried about this Chronicle T-rex selling out fast? Going to try my best to get it Friday. Have never really bought something like this before (sideshow type collectibles), demand seems high just going off reactions to this... even with the slightly high price.

They're not going to finalize the edition size until after the first 30 days, so if you get your order in within that time frame you're guranteed to get one. After that they'll be available until they sell out.

It's not that hard :p

Came so close last summer, found a 94 Sahara for sale not too far from me. Was just bad timing with going back to school. Did get to drive it, I freaked out just seeing the correct seats from the movie in person lol. Have the decals for it in my closet, going to do 18. I believe you did 29? Have wanted to make one forever, seems like such a fun project.

judhudson

Came so close last summer, found a 94 Sahara for sale not too far from me. Was just bad timing with going back to school. Did get to drive it, I freaked out just seeing the correct seats from the movie in person lol. Have the decals for it in my closet, going to do 18. I believe you did 29? Have wanted to make one forever, seems like such a fun project.

Yeah! Next model I get, I'd hope to find a Sahara. I love the interior in them. Sadly I had to work with what was available to for me. But I'm definitely keeping an eye out for another one!

Happy Jurassic June! Spread some dino-love.

So the movies are appearantly out on Netflix now, anyone that can check what the remaster looks like?

On it!

BTW, your gifs are amazing, so keep them up! Actually, if you're up for the task, I may need help getting some HD screenshots from some of the films..

Fuchsdh

So the movies are appearantly out on Netflix now, anyone that can check what the remaster looks like?

The original is supposed to be remastered? Different from the Blu-Ray?

Looks solid, with fairly nice details, albeit with plenty of digital compression.

The Netflix transfer isn't the 2013/3D remaster sadly.

I can't believe they put so much work into that, and have yet to put it out in 2D. It's leagues better than the 2011 Blu-ray remaster.

Fuchsdh

Honestly I'd have to compare the Blu-Rays instead of just going by streaming but while the HD transfer isn't noticeably wonderful, the 3D stuff you're posting above looks excessively saturated and they went too heavy on the digital noise reduction.

I thought I'd try watching the 3D bluray sans 3D (not clicking 'yes' when prompted by the tv) and there's this odd stutter throughout the film every so many seconds. I thought it would have worked but nope.

Some of you will probably like this: we just posted our latest Podcast where we had Matt Winston on as a guest. He brought some cool stories from working on Jurassic Park, as well as some great candid commentary about practical effects vs CG in the industry today, Jurassic World, and more.

awesome, gonna give this a listen. Don't know why I was not listening to this podcast already. Outside of this thread and JPtoys/Legacy I have no other outlet to talk/hear about Jurassic Park fandom.

Top Bottom