• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic GAF |OT| The Park is closed, the World is open

Goddamn. Watching JP again and all I keep thinking about is wanting a Jurassic: Isolation game. Curse that fellow GAFfer who brought that up back when =[.

It's not fair that the only good JP game we have right now is Lego.

strafer

Goddamn. Watching JP again and all I keep thinking about is wanting a Jurassic: Isolation game. Curse that fellow GAFfer who brought that up back when =[.

It's not fair that the only good JP game we have right now is Lego.

I'm telling you, that would be insanely awesome.

Sneaking in the jungle at night or in the visitor center.

BUT there's one thing that's crucial if they're doing this.

The sound design. The sound design in Isolation is one of the best I've heard in a long time.

Anyway, they need to capture the jungle at night and the dinosaurs need to sound big.

So sick of LEGO games. I'm not really sure that I'd want "Jurassic Isolation" though, I mean it could be cool, but I dunno just seems too... on the nose or something, maybe too much of a copy of Alien Isolation. Then again I'm not the biggest fan of first-person view games. Isolation was awesome, but while playing Uncharted 4 I kept thinking "man I wish this had dinosaurs" lol

Not saying it would be a terrible idea, nah. And they could change it up a bit so it didn't feel like Alien, sure. I guess I'd just like something in third person.

strafer

So sick of LEGO games. I'm not really sure that I'd want "Jurassic Isolation" though, I mean it could be cool, but I dunno just seems too... on the nose or something, maybe too much of a copy of Alien Isolation. Then again I'm not the biggest fan of first-person view games. Isolation was awesome, but while playing Uncharted 4 I kept thinking "man I wish this had dinosaurs" lol

What about The Last Of Us with dinosaurs instead of clickers? ;)

I'm telling you, that would be insanely awesome.

Sneaking in the jungle at night or in the visitor center.

BUT there's one thing that's crucial if they're doing this.

The sound design. The sound design in Isolation is one of the best I've heard in a long time.

Anyway, they need to capture the jungle at night and the dinosaurs need to sound big.

I haven't even played Isolation, but I'm imagining a full game that could be as tense as the raptors in the kitchen sequence....that'd be amazing. Hell, it could be you in the visitor's center with one goddamn raptor in the entire game and it could be incredible.

strafer

If they got ND to do this I would be so happy.

2608175-last+of+usdinos.jpg

Zs09Yu5h.jpg

lHyoEwv.jpg

BEYjMLd.jpg

Source: http://imgur.com/a/7pt6S

I, too, would love a AAA, third person dino game that wasn't some kind of open world survival game. Jurassic: the Hunted (not JP related) is still my favorite dinosaur game, but it's pretty rough with a small budget (and first person), but it's got a lot I want from a dino game. I especially love how the raptors dart into and out of the foliage to try and surprise attack you or flee from your assault.

In Uncharted 4, I was the raptor in the long grass. Would be nice to actually be a raptor though.

Wait. The 3D blu-ray re-releases are better quality than the initial blu-ray trilogy release?

Yeah, the 3D re-release of JP has a completely different transfer. They really went in and made the movie look and sound fantastic before bringing it back to theaters, but sadly on the 3D disc has this transfer. Very different image, better sounds, it's just...different. And not available on 2D Blu-ray. =(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well that's disappointing. I imagine that's the same release they showed in IMAX? Cause man that looked fantastic...

So... What happens if I play a 3D BluRay on a 2D TV anyway? Does it just display one angle? Both blurred together? Nothing at all?

Yup.
When I play it on my 3D tv and choose NOT to turn on the 3D function, it displays the film normally (not blurred) but there's this odd judder that happens every so many seconds which gets very annoying. Not sure if this is representative of how it'll work on a 2D tv or if it would tell you you can't display it at all.

bengraven

After all these years, I only just realized the bubble top/flashlight roof of the Explorer actually looks kind of corny.

Bernbaum

Chronicle Collectibles has finally unveiled their T-Rex Breakout statue. Only $500, payment plans available, and preorders start Friday.

GOAT JP collectible?

From the description: https://www.chroniclecollectibles.com/product/jurassic-park-breakout-t-rex/

When John Hammond’s helicopter lands in the middle of a dig site for an archeological breakthrough, Drs. Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler are moments away from writing him off forever – until they are presented with the opportunity of a lifetime. They fly with him to an exotic island where he is preparing to open the world’s first prehistoric amusement park, complete with living, breathing dinosaurs. Grant and Sattler, with another scientist, a lawyer and Hammond’s grandchildren, get a tour of the research facilities and come in contact with many creatures thought to never walk this earth again. Life as an archeologist could not be better, until their tour Jeep stops in front of the Tyrannosaurus Rex pen during a system sabotage. Their worst fears come to fruition as the giant, prehistoric Queen of the Earth tests the non-powered electric fence and comes crashing through right on top of them.

In 1993, Universal Studios, together with Steven Spielberg and Stan Winston Studios, changed movie history forever with Jurassic Park. This beautiful film combined the latest CGI technology, exquisite puppetry, incredible locations, and the best talent and staff that Hollywood had to offer all wrapped in one awe-inspiring and terrifying cinema masterpiece. To this day, most people can remember the first time they saw Dr. Grant rise up and down on the belly of a sick Triceratops or laugh at the thought of having a Brachiosaurus sneeze on them. The first few notes of the theme music still brings a smile to everyone’s face. These are the memories that Chronicle Collectibles hopes to capture with the Jurassic Park Breakout T-Rex.

This 1/20th scale statue features the female T-Rex as she roars in triumph after setting herself free from her pen. The base is inspired by the shape of the T-Rex pen on the map of the park and includes fence posts with what is left of the electrified cables. The lights on top do not light up on this model, because when she breaks free, the power is out. Each of these pieces are individually numbered and will be assigned numerically by the time and date of the order. This is a limited edition run of this one-of-a-kind statue; edition size will be announced in July.

ARCHEOLOGIST.

WHAT.

To be fair, it seems to be a fairly common mix-up. I don't think it's THAT huge of a deal for someone to do it, even if they do have Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones to explain either for them.

*looking at Brachiosaur* "How fast are they?"

*smug as fuck* "Well we clocked the T-rex (that we totally have because it's awesome and we're awesome and you know it so who cares about these dipshit brachys and if you want to see it you have to wait for the tour) at 32 mph."

Toa TAK

Banned
*looking at Brachiosaur* "How fast are they?"

*smug as fuck* "Well we clocked the T-rex (that we totally have because it's awesome and we're awesome and you know it so who cares about these dipshit brachys and if you want to see it you have to wait for the tour) at 32 mph."
Haha, that's perfect.

Top Bottom