• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic GAF |OT| The Park is closed, the World is open

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
You don't have the one I have of the Dilo! I think it got thrown out at some point, because it got stained with juice :/

I visited the Yale Peabody museum over the weekend and their temporary exhibit featured treasures from their vault, including this authentic model from the set of JP. Quite cool to see and get a sense of scale in person.

20160508_140727yfjl9.jpg

Jawmuncher

Would filming in march next year be enough time for a summer 2018 release?
I suppose since they know it'll bring in the money, they can push more money at it to get things done faster.

To be honest, I expected them to start sooner.. but JW did start around that time IIRC

Also, it may shoot on location - wherever that will be - prior to the Pinewood stuff.

Jawmuncher

To be honest, I expected them to start sooner.. but JW did start around that time IIRC

Also, it may shoot on location - wherever that will be - prior to the Pinewood stuff.

Hmm guess we'll see. I figured Pratt would be jumping from GOTG2 to JW2. But considering the script apparently ain't even done yet, seems like he'll have a bit of a break in-between the two.

Not that I care about toy cars but what made Matchbox use a modern Explorer over the 92 one?

They don't have an old model, but they had a new one. Easy repaint.

I'll be honest.. I'm surprised we're getting more Matchbox before JW2. I knew 2017 was a bigger merch push, but still.

At the moment are any movies up against Jurassic World in June 2018?

Nothing directly. Toy Story 4 is opening the week before and How to Train Your Dragon 3 the week after, and neither are direct competition. There's a Transformers spin-off two weeks earlier, but that's far from serious competition, especially after two weeks. Ant-Man and the Wasp two weeks later could knick the movie's legs a bit, but Jurassic is much bigger than Ant-Man and two weeks is plenty of time anyway, so it won't really be competition. So for a summer movie it's actually got itself a nice little spot mostly to itself, unless someone else tries to move in against it, which is unlikely. Disney and Warner's biggest cards are already on the table.

Jawmuncher

Nothing directly. Toy Story 4 is opening the week before and How to Train Your Dragon 3 the week after, and neither are direct competition. There's a Transformers spin-off two weeks earlier, but that's far from serious competition, especially after two weeks. Ant-Man and the Wasp two weeks later could knick the movie's legs a bit, but Jurassic is much bigger than Ant-Man and two weeks is plenty of time anyway, so it won't really be competition. So for a summer movie it's actually got itself a nice little spot mostly to itself, unless someone else tries to move in against it, which is unlikely. Disney and Warner's biggest cards are already on the table.

Bumblebee (Transformers spin-off), Toy Story 4, and How to Train Your Dragon 3 are all releasing June 2018.

Hmm, guess the question now is if with all of that, if it'll be possible for it to beat JWs domestic gross or opening. Guess we can't really say until we start seeing some actual hints about the movie.

Hmm, guess the question now is if with all of that, if it'll be possible for it to beat JWs domestic gross or opening. Guess we can't really say until we start seeing some actual hints about the movie.

Regardless of everything else, it was never, ever going to beat Jurassic World's domestic gross.

Opening is plausible, though fairly unlikely. Gonna depend on how much they can grow the Thursday preview numbers.

Speaking of Jurassic Park toys, i still have every single toy from the Jurassic Park Lost World line, and about half of the first movie. Judging by ebay that stuff goes for quite allot. Especially the store exclusive ones. Its amazing how lackluster the new toy line is compared to the old ones. They are plastic appose to full rubber, and have no human toys, just dino's. This is one of the few instances where the old toys were way better.

Hey, I have a question:

This isn't really JP related, but it is DinoGAF related. Any of you draw dinosaurs? A project that I'm starting is looking for an artist for dinosaur heads specifically. Not many, under ten. It's paid.

Fuchsdh

Hey, I have a question:

This isn't really JP related, but it is DinoGAF related. Any of you draw dinosaurs? A project that I'm starting is looking for an artist for dinosaur heads specifically. Not many, under ten. It's paid.

Another good place to ask around would probably be emailing the artists who provide reconstructions for dinos to illustrate the Wikipedia articles.

Comcast CFO Outlines DreamWorks Animation's Financial Upside Inside NBCU

In terms of revenue opportunities, DWA adds to Universal a TV animation studio, he highlighted. "So we will be able to take, subject to it making sense, our intellectual property, like Jurassic World or other properties, and, as DreamWorks has done, create kids animation for TV, largely distributed over SVOD and drive more value through that."

--

I have sworn left and right a cartoon won't happen in today's market, but I kept hearing buzz that suggested otherwise BTS. Now with this bit... I'm thinking there may be something in the works.. though obviously 3D animation and not 2D.

They should make a Live Action Show

Agreed. Something episodic but anthology style, following the cleanup of Nublar, creation of JW, and life in the shoes of park employees would be really cool.

Also, very expensive. But it could work if they handled it correctly (see Netflix and Marvel or HBO and Game of Thrones). That said, I know Universal only has the rights for 6 Jurassic Films (2 remaining) and I'm not sure if something like a live action TV show counts.

Jawmuncher

Agreed. Something episodic but anthology style, following the cleanup of Nublar, creation of JW, and life in the shoes of park employees would be really cool.

Also, very expensive. But it could work if they handled it correctly (see Netflix and Marvel or HBO and Game of Thrones). That said, I know Universal only has the rights for 6 Jurassic Films (2 remaining) and I'm not sure if something like a live action TV show counts.

Huh? They're only allowed to make two more? How would they get with the Crichton estate to make more?

Jawmuncher

It's very possible they already secured the rights, but if so they have yet to announce it. I'm sure there is a plan either way.

It would be pretty interesting if say, Universal gave up after two more films and another studio rebooted the franchise. Yeah just thinking of that, I can't see them letting it go ever.

So there was what looks to be a Therizinosaurus/Amargasaurus hybrid in Jurassic World.. not sure how I never noticed this before:

I'd kill to see that, or know the story.. the whole reason why Stegoceratops existed in that scene is because there was a planned sequence with it which was cut in post.

This picture is so metal it can be a cover for a metal album.

CjFnNMxWYAAMoR7.jpg:large

Way way back in the day, my grandad saved up what, I think, were a bunch of newspaper vouchers that meant I could get a poster of this image, or at least a very similar one.

I have no qualms saying that it was the biggest poster I have ever owned, landscape oriented and covered pretty much the entirety of one of my walls.

Long gone now sadly :-(

I also had a random flashback to their T Rex head ice lollies the other day, that came out around the same time as TLW I think. They were green with a red mouth and delicious! Anyone else remember them?

Amalthea

Banned
Way way back in the day, my grandad saved up what, I think, were a bunch of newspaper vouchers that meant I could get a poster of this image, or at least a very similar one.

I have no qualms saying that it was the biggest poster I have ever owned, landscape oriented and covered pretty much the entirety of one of my walls.

Long gone now sadly :-(

One toy store in my city reused a huge wall-dressing based on that picture originally used to promote TLW merchandise when Jurassic World was released. It was quite cool seeing that after nearly 20 years again.

Edit:
Adorable.

What do you call it?
Sorry I don't know what you mean with it?

Top Bottom