• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World |OT| WARNING! Safety Not, uh, Guaranteed | RT: 71?!%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I've had dreams about this as far as two years ago. The first involved it being about kids riding some kind of waterslide through the park with an aquatic dino after them, and it ended with the camera panning underwater revealing an undersea park called Jurassic Sea lol

So even before the Mosasaur you *knew*?

Oh btw I had a question about the I-rex. Now that we of course know what it looks like, what is up with this old image? Was this just a concept piece for it. seeing how highly detailed it is?

NEJuy5qqxiViMR_2_b.jpg

Gravidee

So even before the Mosasaur you *knew*?

Oh btw I had a question about the I-rex. Now that we of course know what it looks like, what is up with this old image? Was this just a concept piece for it. seeing how highly detailed it is?

That's an image of an Allosaurus from somewhere else. I think it's probably a placeholder image before they decided on what the Indominus was going to look like.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That's an image of an Allosaurus from somewhere else. I think it's probably a placeholder image before they decided on what the Indominus was going to look like.

Not sure when Allosaurs had horns, but ok! Yeah makes sense since this was back when nothing was official, and the concept is *kind of* close.

EDIT:
Yeah, it's the Dinosauria Allosaurus photoshopped

3103-allosaurus-vs-camarasaurus-010.jpg

I always wanted the Apatosaurus and T-Rex one from this collection

Oh wow! I always thought it was really good CG :p

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Wow, that OT is truly glorious.

I'm still not sure if I want to see this in the theater or wait for home release. I think I'd enjoy it though.

Im in line at my theater in orlando. Ill let you guys know what i thought in 5 hours. Its been a wild ride guys. the wait is almost over

Blablurn

I'm moooore than satisfied. You remember the moments in Godzilla 2014 where you think shit is going down but then they cut away from it?

Aint nobody got time for that in Jurassic World. Non stop action, great dinosaurs, solid actors and plenty of stuff I wanna talk about in the Spoiler Thread. Even my company who usually falls asleep during every movie liked it a lot.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm moooore than satisfied. You remember the moments in Godzilla 2014 where you think shit is going down but then they cut away from it?

Aint nobody got time for that in Jurassic World. Non stop action, great dinosaurs, solid actors and plenty of stuff I wanna talk about in the Spoiler Thread. Even my company who usually falls asleep during every movie liked it a lot.

This is exactly what I was expecting. I mean, Godzilla's initial roar and the climatic fight were awesome, but I wanted more :( It didn't satisfy my hunger and I didn't give a crap about generic army man save the world.

Blablurn

This is exactly what I was expecting. I mean, Godzilla's initial roar and the climatic fight were awesome, but I wanted more :( It didn't satisfy my hunger and I didn't give a crap about generic army man save the world.

then you should be happy with it.

i try to look at the movie from a non fanboy perspective.

i think jurassic park 3 is one of the worst movies ever.

JW is faaaar away from that.

is it comparable to 2? No.

I think its a really good successor to 1. JW truly feels as if it plays in the same timeline as JP1.

Futureman

I haven't seen a 3D movie in theaters since Avatar. Just bought 3D tickets...

was it filmed in 3D or post conversion?

is that gif above of raptors driving motorcycles real....? oh my.

kiri

Literally just finished watching it now.

Really disappointed there was no "In memory..." to Richard Attenborough.

JP1 is like the first time you had sex. It's a special memory because it was your first time seeing realistic depiction of dinosaurs, but if you rate the experience without that fact, it's decidedly a mediocre experience.
Also I just learnt a couple of days ago there's only 15 minutes of dinosaurs in it AND THEY'RE NOT EVEN REAL DINOSAURS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom