• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superflat

I guess with the premiere will come a flood of spoilers. Considering there wasn't all that much to spoil till now, being in the designated "spoiler thread" makes me a little nervous :O

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I guess with the premiere will come a flood of spoilers. Considering there wasn't all that much to spoil till now, being in the designated "spoiler thread" makes me a little nervous :O

I get what you mean. I still want to save SOME surprises for the actual movie, although I've been very curious with the trailers and stuff that have come out.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, can't wait to ride the Rottentomatoes review rollercoaster!

I'll also be eyeing BoxOfficeMojo. Currently seeing who will win the race to the top: Fast 7 or Ultron, which BOTH earned an INSANE amount of money (and Ultron hasn't even hit China or Japan yet!)

Bernbaum

It's kind of ironic that the original basically created this current world.

I'm hoping for some commentary on that from the film. It's looking very action-focussed, but if they can somehow make the I. Rex an allegory for the current state of hollywood, then I'm down with that. Otherwise, dinosaurs fucking shit up for two hours is also acceptable.

Jawmuncher

So who got the new Jurassic Park Collection with space for Jurassic World noticed some things in the JWsection.

Theres space for both JW and JW 3D. There also two new pics I believe on the bottom. Owen at the map and at the amber. I'll post it when I get home.

So who got the new Jurassic Park Collection with space for Jurassic World noticed some things in the JWsection.

Theres space for both JW and JW 3D. There also two new pics I believe on the bottom. Owen at the map and at the amber. I'll post it when I get home.
Oh nice. Looking forward to the pics.

Jawmuncher

Not the best quality since they're fairly small in the bluray box. i've never seen them before though.
untitled2gijhr.png

untitled1mqkrm.png

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I would hope they don't go the cheap route and kill Barry.
Barry is gonna eat it. Sorry :(

Edit: speculation above.

My guess is survivors include Pratt and Howard, the kids, and the control room geeks.

Maybes include dinofrio, and maybe Dr Wu. I think Misrani is going eat it
in the helicopter
. That is also just speculation.

You can actually catch it Friday on NBC:

A broadcast of the original 1993 blockbuster will first air next Friday (June 5) on NBC, followed the next night by a “roadblock” presentation on Bravo, Syfy, USA Network, E! and a Spanish-language version on NBC Universo.

Spielberg and Pratt, the star of Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment’s “Jurassic World,” will share their respective memories of “Jurassic Park.” They will also introduce a two-minute, exclusive sneak preview of “Jurassic World,” which arrives in theaters on June 12.

I don't agree with it, but more on the lack of feathers entirely:

KHdquLo.jpg

Continuity is fine, but Terra Novas dinos getting in the way of new dinos sporting plumage is a bummer. Anyways, I think this puts to rest the notion that no feathers was a strictly Trevorrow thing. Perhaps Jurassic World 2..

Toxi

Banned
I'm guessing the real reason Terra Nova's dinosaurs didn't satisfy Steven emotionally is because Terra Nova was ass.

If they had feathers people would just move onto whatever else could go under the scrutiny microscope. Oh this bone isn't as rounded as it should be, it doesn't move like this new bit of info I read, blah blah.

It's anyone's right to not be okay with it but I also don't think they could've won so I'm indifferent as hell about it. If I worried about everything like this I'd develop hypertension.

Superflat

No feathers in this will never be not lame and cowardly.

Just like hearing sound in space in sci fi movies :p

Which personally bugs me more than featherless dinos for some reason lol

WHEN WILL SCIENCE EVER GET THE SPOTLIGHT OVER DRAMATICS??

These things never matter in the realm of complete fiction and it'll never ruin my fun

Just like hearing sound in space in sci fi movies :p

Which personally bugs me more than featherless dinos for some reason lol

WHEN WILL SCIENCE EVER GET THE SPOTLIGHT OVER DRAMATICS??

These things never matter in the realm of complete fiction and it'll never bug me

Something that has been changing a bit over time!

It's not that lack of feathers really bothers me, I care a lot more about how a movie turns up overall than small details, but in this instance it does show a hint of lack of inspiration and guts.

Besides, they could could have added a lot more variety and flavor than blue stripes :p, and it's not like they couldn't have been easily explained.

But you know, whatever :p

Are we talking about feathers again? Come on, guys.

It wasn't me!

People come out of the woodwork as soon as someone mentions feathers. :lol

Anyways, there's no point debating it now- we're 2 weeks away. It's worth the discussion down the road for sure though. I still have my fingers crossed that future movies will showcase some feathered species, but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom