• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from Earth and dinosaurs died a long time ago! No believability.

=P

Oh, but that's a very different thing. Bugs and mosquitoes in the rainforest are very real. Real issue. They expect me to believe that in my country you aren't going to be devoured by mosquitoes? Yeah right. Those maybe should even be the real villains.

Getting chased by raptors? Good luck, you got dengue!

:p

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Where are the flies around the dinos?!

Also, I live in Costa Rica, if they're in the rainforest, the characters should be pushing bugs off their face like every 3 to 5 seconds (specially if they're all sweaty), and killing mosquitoes non stop.

Maybe they'll have the applying bug spray scene, but bug repellent wears off (specially if you're jumping into rivers), and mosquitoes find a way! No believability.
There were definitely Mosquitos or the plot wouldn't work :p

Timu

PG-13 descriptions!!!

Threat:
Several sequences of moderate threat include humans being chased by dinosaurs, or hiding when aggressive dinosaurs are nearby. Some children are shown being scared and upset, but they reassure each other and are not harmed.

Injury detail:
Occasional bloody moments feature, without any strong detail or clear focus on injuries. There is sight of blood spray on a window and some blood is seen falling through a tree canopy as a person is killed by a dinosaur. A man is stabbed in the chest when a pterodactyl flies into him.

Violence:
Action violence as dinosaurs chase and attack humans, with several people picked up in the jaws of gigantic dinosaurs. Soldiers fire guns at the dinosaurs to try and stop them. There are also some fights between dinosaurs.

There is mild bad language, including several uses of *beep* and 'son of a bitch'.

Jawmuncher

Jurassic world stars chris pratt with a pack of raptors with him. During the film there are a lot of dinosaurs that cause chaos, but also some good guys.

9/10

They should hear you try to say it.

I gotta say though I never understood why people who saw the trailer couldn't piece this together.
It's hard to focus on what you're watching when your attention is on how to best previous posters at the same lame hate-watching jokes in a dozen different tabs for different topics.

So last night, I watched the full Phil Tippet raptor kitchen scene again because.

Which lead to watching the actual scene.

Which reminded me of Alien like it usually does.

Which reminded me I need to finish Alien: Isolation... so I popped it in.

Which made me once again wish for a Jurassic: Isolation.

Which, no doubt, inspired my dream I described earlier today.

Which lead me to think about such things at work.

An easy game could be made with Hoskins' team being sent to the island to "clean up" before crews come in to begin zoning, planning, and constructing the new park.

Another option I thought of was playing as motherfucking Arnold with one motherfucking arm! Tutorial has you heading out to the power shed doing your thing before your arm meets its fate. But you don't die! You flee to safety at a medical ward where other stragglers are holed up, cut off from others and hiding in fear. You're patched, groggy and wanting to get back to the others. You have one arm which voids combat (free horror mechanic!) so stealth and other means of survival are crucial. Visit familiar locations, collect your former arm and hold on to your butts in this all new addition in the Jurassic saga.

Superflat

An Alien Isolation type game where you hide from raptors would be so damn tense. I was also thinking that a third person game in the vein of TLOU's stealth would also be really cool, where you're avoiding ai paths by crouching around, avoiding things that make sound, and throwing things to create noise distractions.

An Alien Isolation type game where you hide from raptors would be so damn tense. I was also thinking that a third person game in the vein of TLOU's stealth would also be really cool, where you're avoiding ai paths by crouching around, avoiding things that make sound, and throwing things to create noise distractions.
For sure. Even stealthing and herding herbivores so you can get a closer look without them running off could be exhilarating and nonviolent.

Bernbaum

Cooking Mama: Jurassic Park

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like all of the party stuff is on walmart.com. Table covers, bouncing balls, plastic cups, door signs, other stuff I didn't know were part of parties.

http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=jurassic world&cat_id=0

I want to go to walmart now... I had a dinosaur-theme birthday as a kid cause official Jurassic Park wasn't available. At least Disney had good birthday themes back then for their movies.

I actually want the stickers and temp tattoos. Might geek out for the movie, due to lack of clothing. Plus Walmart prices are cheap for them.

So surely they plan on releasing a launch week trailer blowing their load showing T-Rex on I-Rex action among other stuff. It's too big of a selling point not to. Anyone else going to avoid it?

I think I've seen enough. I'll save some of the bigger surprises for when I watch the film in full.

Superflat

I can say I won't, but I've clicked on every single video link that gets posted here lol

Hope I can get a serious burst of self control during the week it comes out.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I went to Walmart and found no party goods and no pillows :( Of COURSE they were loaded up with Minions goods, though :/

8 days, give or take.

fgyoxwI.jpg

Waldini

So no fight footage yet? I would have expected them to show it by now.

There is going to be night-footage. The only thing we know so far is that Pratt unleashes his raptors ..

On a lighter note, friend of mine is supposed to go to a press screening tonight? That all he told me. So I filled up a bathtub of salt.

Bernbaum

Holy shit. Footage from the Jurassic World VR experience.

Watch this, it's amazing

https://youtu.be/OEKjamS9cTs

You know, one day in the future, the technology will exist to create a seated VR Jurassic World gyrosphere experience. With current technologies like Occulus Rift, it's entirely possible to create an interactive experience that closely emulates what it would be like to sit in a gyrosphere and travel through a paddock filled with dinosaurs. The conceit of a gyrosphere is that you are essentially sat stationary in a transparent bubble with full 360 range of vision. The biggest technological constraint would just be the computational power to render creatures with the same fidelity as current cinematic effects - but that kind of oomph is only a matter of time away.

Think about it - sitting in a force-feedback chair with hi-fidelity VR goggles with full range of vision would hardly be perceptibly different than sitting in an actual gyrosphere surrounded by real dinosaurs. It's totally possible.

You know, one day in the future, the technology will exist to create a seated VR Jurassic World gyrosphere experience. With current technologies like Occulus Rift, it's entirely possible to create an interactive experience that closely emulates what it would be like to sit in a gyrosphere and travel through a paddock filled with dinosaurs. The conceit of a gyrosphere is that you are essentially sat stationary in a transparent bubble with full 360 range of vision. The biggest technological constraint would just be the computational power to render creatures with the same fidelity as current cinematic effects - but that kind of oomph is only a matter of time away.

Think about it - sitting in a force-feedback chair with hi-fidelity VR goggles with full range of vision would hardly be perceptibly different than sitting in an actual gyrosphere surrounded by real dinosaurs. It's totally possible.

Not one mention of shooting or crafting. No sale, bro.

Jawmuncher

That clip is no more than what we have seen from the trailers already.
They come out of the box and just run a bit, just like in the trailer. There isn't even any dialog really.
Really don't see it as very spoilery for those on the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom