• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jury sides with Hulk Hogan in his sex tape lawsuit against Gawker & awards him $115m

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao!

9kMnDgA.png

Perfect.

SpotAnime

rip stephen totilo

The irony of this is, wasn't he credited as a producer of the Hogan reality show?

Yep:

Hogan Knows Best

VH1, Sunday night at 10, Eastern and Pacific times; 9, Central time.

Directed by Scott Bennett; Kimberly Belcher Cowin, executive producer and developer ; John Ehrhard, producer; Mr. Bennett, co-producer; Warren Cohen, senior producer; Brad Abramson, Michael Hirschorn and Shelly Tatro, executive producers; Sarah Olmstead-Griffith, coordinating producer; Liz Herrera and Chris McDaniel, segment producers/additional cameras; Jason Dewberry, Jamie Iracleanos, Tiffany Pittman, Constantin Traian Preda, story editors; Tiffani Corr, series associate producer; Jimmy Huckaby, Hector Lopez, J. J. Johnson, Justin Monnig and Kenneth Montgomery, editors; Randy Baker, director of photography; concept by Stephen Totilo.

WITH: Hulk Hogan, Linda Hogan, Brooke Hogan and Nick Hogan.

NYR

Just some perspective:

Hulk Hogan could have made more money from a 30 second sex tape than in his entire wrestling career.

He won't get anything from Gawker, but just goes to show you how fucked up this result is.

Brinbe

That verdict isn't surprising since Gawker played this one like idiots.

I'll be pretty sad when it kills off all of Gawker media, there was a lot of good stuff there and the last thing we need is more good media dying off. It's hard to get that shit off the ground and there's now gonna be a lot of good writers potentially out of work now who had no part to play in this shit.

Jesus fuck. And to think this would have gone Gawker's way if their editor hadn't made that sex tape comment. On one hand, Hulk Hogan was a racist who got caught having sex with his best friend's wife, instantly making him a scumbag of the highest order. And then you have DeLaurio saying he wouldn't publish a sex tape as long as a participant wasn't four years old or younger, which makes him a scumbag on a higher magnitude than I can even think of.

You can't feel good regardless of what the outcome of the trial was.

If you followed they way the Gawker people defended their case in court, this really comes as no surprise, they knew they were fucked

What assets do you think Gawker has that will cover that much?

He asked for about half their net worth. They have enough to cover some of it, but like Monopoly, it's all or nothing.

He really fucked them hard. To even post an appeal they gotta drop 50 mil in escrow

collige

Banned
Jesus fuck. And to think this would have gone Gawker's way if their editor hadn't made that sex tape comment. On one hand, Hulk Hogan was a racist who got caught having sex with his best friend's wife, instantly making him a scumbag of the highest order. And then you have DeLaurio saying he wouldn't publish a sex tape as long as a participant wasn't four years old or younger, which makes him a scumbag on a higher magnitude than I can even think of.

You can't feel good regardless of what the outcome of the trial was.

Wasn't the sex in the video done with the full knowledge and approval of the husband?

CTLance

To be clear, I do hope that those under Gawker's reign land on their feet. I bear them no ill will. Well, for the most part. I think.

However, the thought of the Hulkster dropping a Low Earth Orbit re-entry style leg on Gawker does fill me with amusement.

Good. Hulk Hogan may be a racist asshole but Gawker were clearly in the wrong on this issue and it's disgusting they tried to get away with it.

Best of luck to their employees though, it sucks that they have to suffer because their bosses are stupid assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom