• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jury sides with Hulk Hogan in his sex tape lawsuit against Gawker & awards him $115m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the writers of your favorite gawker blogs will be fine. They probably just won't be writing for gawker blogs, be it that the blog was liquidated or simply moved to another media network.

sammex

2wga.gif

This verdict isn't the slightest bit surprising. Most people were predicting this outcome months ago. It was one of the most one-sided trials I have ever followed. Gawker is an unethical company, and I hope this serves as a wakeup call for their sleazy brand of "journalism."

Jarnet87

If Kotaku goes Kaput can we have the triumphant return of Patrick to Giantbomb? If you hurt the Hulksters pride, he's gotta be a man, he cant let it slide.

Lol at the gifs.

By the way, was this all one guy? I mean, who was the bonehead that was in charge.

Is anyone going to jail like that "Fappening" guy?

Jesus fuck. And to think this would have gone Gawker's way if their editor hadn't made that sex tape comment. On one hand, Hulk Hogan was a racist who got caught having sex with his best friend's wife, instantly making him a scumbag of the highest order. And then you have DeLaurio saying he wouldn't publish a sex tape as long as a participant wasn't four years old or younger, which makes him a scumbag on a higher magnitude than I can even think of.

You can't feel good regardless of what the outcome of the trial was.

He didn't get caught. It was all consensual. Bubba was in the next room watching.

Kuga

He asked for about half their net worth. They have enough to cover some of it, but like Monopoly, it's all or nothing.

He really fucked them hard. To even post an appeal they gotta drop 50 mil in escrow

Sufficient net worth doesn't necessarily mean that they have enough liquid assets to foot the bill. It could be disastrous to operations depending where the 'value' is tied up.

Jarmel

Banned
Honestly that Florida rule is absolutely stupid for situations exactly like this. If you can't make the judgement payment, you can't appeal?

I dont much of this case. I assume Gawker released a sex tape without his permission?
$115 million is crazy money. I thought that ESPN lady got a massive payout for her hotel vid and now I see this.

Sufficient net worth doesn't necessarily mean that they have enough liquid assets to foot the bill. It could be disastrous to operations depending where the 'value' is tied up.

Like I said, a 10 mil + payment for him isn't out of the realm of possibility, but the amount he asked for was designed specifically to kill Gawker. That's his intention.

Honestly that Florida rule is absolutely stupid for situations exactly like this. If you can't make the judgement payment, you can't appeal?

Seems like that's the rule. Hogan's legal team is savage. They appealed in the most favorable possible situation for him.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I know nothing about Gawker, I'm just thinking about how Hogan still managed to pull off that amount of bank for being exposed as a racist piece of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom