• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

Can anyone recommend me some artist that make music like the stuff in the Mile High Club? That's a phat beat lol. I'm not interested in vocals, just beats.

thanks

mack999

Banned
The amount of reviewers saying the voice acting is atrocious/poor/dreadful is staggering. They all have the sense of humour of a slug, it's the best and funniest voice acting I've ever heard in a game.

I won't be revisiting those humourless tossers for reviews any more.

mack said:
The amount of reviewers saying the voice acting is atrocious/poor/dreadful is staggering. They all have the sense of humour of a slug, it's the best and funniest voice acting I've ever heard in a game.

Pretty much. Its for that reason that like many I have no respect for the opinion of many of these reviewers. Its like complaining that Curb Your Enthusiasm isn't being serious enough. Preposterous.

fastford58 said:
Can anyone recommend me some artist that make music like the stuff in the Mile High Club? That's a phat beat lol. I'm not interested in vocals, just beats.

thanks
How about Crookers? They're the Italian DJ's that were featured in GTA4 Gay Tony, the ElectroChoc radio station. That station was also played in the clubs in GTA4-GT. Similar to, if not flat out better, than the Mile High Club track.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
mack said:

Camp can be done well, the voice acting was painful on the ears. It feels like a throwback to the days when developers got friends and homeless people to do the VA work, and that's not a good thing. It wasn't over the top hilarious, it was just horrible.

Archaix said:
Camp can be done well, the voice acting was painful on the ears. It feels like a throwback to the days when developers got friends and homeless people to do the VA work, and that's not a good thing. It wasn't over the top hilarious, it was just horrible.
hehe

Bolo Santosi and her accent are fantastic :lol :lol :lol

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Question for the other OCD collector freaks. Does the radar wotsit light up if the item is underwater? I was swimming from the the Three Kings hotel and found a black box on the sea bed, but don't remember the radar bugging out.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
MmmSkyscraper said:
Question for the other OCD collector freaks. Does the radar wotsit light up if the item is underwater? I was swimming from the the Three Kings hotel and found a black box on the sea bed, but don't remember the radar bugging out.

I don't think the radar does anything for those items at all, does it? They show up on the map if a faction has control but I've never noticed them doing anything to the detector.

Ready Up Already said:
How about Crookers? They're the Italian DJ's that were featured in GTA4 Gay Tony, the ElectroChoc radio station. That station was also played in the clubs in GTA4-GT. Similar to, if not flat out better, than the Mile High Club track.

Will check it out, thanks

I actually like the voice acting, except for the "hilarious" asian badguy voices. Its the writing more than anything that is questionable but intentionally ridiculous.

I swear that the guy who supplies the airdrop goods is the same guy who voiced the intro to the Qemists song "Perfect High"

go to the 40 second mark...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xmBzZKwEek

LovingSteam said:
You all have 2 more hours to submit videos for the contest. The voting begins at 12:00PM PST.
Gah! I wanted my sub to be a mid-air helicopter re-entry but I can't do it for shit.

My Hard drive is filled with about a gigabyte of failed attempts. :lol Guess I'll wait for another competition.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
OneLetter said:
I really wish I could go back to Level 1 heat, mainly because the second I blow up a water tower, statue, or propaganda trailer, they send helicopter after helicopter to get me within about 10 seconds.

Sounds like another open world game I know... what was it called again...? Something about Guerilla fighting on mars...

JRW

brain_stew said:
I'd have the GPU water enabled if it only took the hit when the water was actually on screen but it makes your performance tank no matter what is going on and add in some weird hitching, just not worth it imo.

Bokeh filter is a different depth of field filter, its stronger and makes lights turn into pentagons, immatating some fancy camera lens trick. It looks worse imo as the background ends up way too blurry. Go into aim mode at night and look at some distant lights if you want to see how it looks.

Yea I was messing with all the various settings and ended up disabling both Nvidia exclusive options ..maybe they'll optimize it in the future (Or maybe I just need a faster videocard) but for now I settled with this configuration:

Desert%20Sunrise2.jpg

JRW

Paraclete said:
Most fun ever: grappling to those oxygen canisters an shooting them, then becoming a human missile.

lol ive done that to enemies but never thught to try it on myself. :D

Burger

I did a mission for Bolo last night, and she rocked up and said something like:

"We hav sum news fom our infomachin sluts. Loose wimin in military basis who get news fom da kernels."

:lol Crazy bitch.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Archaix said:
I don't think the radar does anything for those items at all, does it? They show up on the map if a faction has control but I've never noticed them doing anything to the detector.

You're right, I just tested it and it doesn't matter if they're on land or water. They only show on the map but that's fine by me!

OneLetter

Sinatar said:
Sounds like another open world game I know... what was it called again...? Something about Guerilla fighting on mars...

Zing! I don't disagree with you though (which is why RFG has Casual Mode), but our AAX's didn't attack you as much. :D (Also, it's Guerrilla with 2 r's)

With that behind us, I have a new video that I finally uploaded from some random exploring the other night. Remember how I said not to pick up a statue head with a small helicopter? Well this time I grabbed a larger one, was successful, and they decided to come after me just like before.

But I had a plan this time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MD5vUOpNhE

painey

I just beat it.. the story missions are terrible but i've clocked 20+ hours in freeplay which is amazing. I just wish I had the pc version because this could be a lot more fun with mods to fix some of the crappy parts.

OneLetter said:
Zing! I don't disagree with you though (which is why RFG has Casual Mode), but our AAX's didn't attack you as much. :D (Also, it's Guerrilla with 2 r's)

With that behind us, I have a new video that I finally uploaded from some random exploring the other night. Remember how I said not to pick up a statue head with a small helicopter? Well this time I grabbed a larger one, was successful, and they decided to come after me just like before.

Amazing!!! One of the most impressive IMHO.

JRW

OneLetter said:

Wow that was pretty good :lol

dorkimoe

noob question

so the random cities in the middle of nowhere dont have any influence on me? i can just blow them up? I did help 1 random faction the other day do a stronghold takeover. Can i do all the factions missions or do i have to pick 1 and stick with them?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Holy shit you took out a Heli copter with a statue head, that is amazing. I'll have to try that but it'll probably end with me crashing to death on a rooftop.

By the way, OneLetter, I can't wait to see what you guys are doing with Saints Row 3. :D
Hopefully you guys are taking notes.

Snuggler said:
Holy shit you took out a Heli copter with a statue head, that is amazing. I'll have to try that but it'll probably end with me crashing to death on a rooftop.

By the way, OneLetter, I can't wait to see what you guys are doing with Saints Row 3. :D
Hopefully you guys are taking notes.

And hopefully they are also taking notes on how to optimize the PC version (if there is to be one).

dorkimoe said:
noob question

so the random cities in the middle of nowhere dont have any influence on me? i can just blow them up? I did help 1 random faction the other day do a stronghold takeover. Can i do all the factions missions or do i have to pick 1 and stick with them?
You do all the missions for each Faction, the order in which you do them is your choice. I don't think the Reapers have any missions in the metropolitan area so if you chose them first that's why it would seem that the city doesn't matter.

And that wrecking ball vid is funny as hell :lol

dorkimoe

Mechanical Snowman said:
You do all the missions for each Faction, the order in which you do them is your choice. I don't think the Reapers have any missions in the metropolitan area so if you chose them first that's why it would seem that the city doesn't matter.

And that wrecking ball vid is funny as hell :lol

so i can just blow up any city i want, wont matter?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
OneLetter said:

Holy shit :lol

Mad_Ban

The last two missions of this game are gold. They ramp up the lunacy brilliantly and you can't help but love Sheldon. :lol

OneLetter said:

Re-obtain the rights to Freespace or I will NEVER buy another V game again. ;_;

What difficulty is everyone playing on? Is it like Red Faction where even on Normal the game becomes increasingly frustrating? Or does it get too easy and I should bump it up? Anyone got any thoughts on this?

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
CartridgeBlower said:
What difficulty is everyone playing on? Is it like Red Faction where even on Normal the game becomes increasingly frustrating? Or does it get too easy and I should bump it up? Anyone got any thoughts on this?

I'm playing normal, not had any trouble so far. 16% complete, done 3 agency missions and 5 strongholds.

Harteex

CartridgeBlower said:

I'm playing on normal, and it's fine. Wouldn't want it harder though, it can already get quite challenging in some military bases. At least if you like to mess around :)

Sanic

Sorry if I missed this but have all of the videos entered into the contest been organized somewhere so I can go back and watch them without wading through all of the pages?

Harteex said:
I'm playing on normal, and it's fine. Wouldn't want it harder though, it can already get quite challenging in some military bases. At least if you like to mess around :)

Yeah, I still want a challenge, so it sounds like Normal is still good for that. Cool!

Klocker

Pandoracell said:
Sorry if I missed this but have all of the videos entered into the contest been organized somewhere so I can go back and watch them without wading through all of the pages?

OP

Top Bottom