• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

Helmholtz

Anyone know if there's some sort of mod for PC that will let me save the game exactly the way I left it? I hate this spawning at the nearest base stuff.

foomfoom415 said:
If the hot air balloon goes that high, jumping off that counts as a base jump.
Taking the hot air balloon that high will probably take more than half an hour, but they can go to the same height that all other aircraft can go. Also, I really don't think base jumps count off of them, I'm not sure, it looks like there's a way to fool the game anyway.

By the way, if anyone hasn't checked out the race track - DO IT! The cars go ridiculously fast and there's plenty of things to do with them if you're imaginative:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSHwiwpyvFo

Plus there's a spare car inside the pit area so you can join in the race.

slider

Rubbish. My Amazon account says this and GOW3 shipped at approximately the same time. GOW has turned up but this hasn't. Makes me very suspicious. :|

Mechanical Snowman said:
Taking the hot air balloon that high will probably take more than half an hour, but they can go to the same height that all other aircraft can go. Also, I really don't think base jumps count off of them, I'm not sure,

They count. If not from the basket then certainly from the top of the balloon.

Sanic

Mechanical Snowman said:
Taking the hot air balloon that high will probably take more than half an hour, but they can go to the same height that all other aircraft can go. Also, I really don't think base jumps count off of them, I'm not sure, it looks like there's a way to fool the game anyway.

By the way, if anyone hasn't checked out the race track - DO IT! The cars go ridiculously fast and there's plenty of things to do with them if you're imaginative:

xy location?

And now that we've figured out how the ridiculous basejumps work I guess i'll need to try that :D. Probably with a hot air balloon though, should be fun spending an hour getting up there!

Helmholtz said:
Anyone know if there's some sort of mod for PC that will let me save the game exactly the way I left it? I hate this spawning at the nearest base stuff.
Just press "Save Game" and then load that save. Don't Load Latest Autosave.

i downloaded that Long distance grapple mod. and didn't realize that when you reach the end of the hook it would disconnect and not hang on. has the mod been updated to fix that or did i do something wrong? (I just dragged and dropped)

shermas

ZephyrFate said:
Just press "Save Game" and then load that save. Don't Load Latest Autosave.

but he'll still be at the nearest base when he starts the game... if you die when you're taking over a base/airport/whatever (even if you save during the takeover), the game still puts you back at the nearest stronghold or whatever. you're not physically at the same point you were when you died.

UFRA

Mechanical Snowman said:

I've been to the race track before but didn't think of messing with the other drivers.

That video was awesome!! :lol :lol :lol

Helmholtz

shermas said:
but he'll still be at the nearest base when he starts the game... if you die when you're taking over a base/airport/whatever (even if you save during the takeover), the game still puts you back at the nearest stronghold or whatever. you're not physically at the same point you were when you died.
Ya...kind of annoys me. My vehicles are gone too. Oh well.

Mechanical Snowman said:

oh man, I just checked this place out and it is great.

Car does a flip, lands upside down, and another car jumps off of it like it's a ramp :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXdgIOuZWmc

Doing a 360 on one of the cars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtCOGgTPCYs

robot

UFRA said:
Fellow Gaffers, I present to you...

The Panau stunt driver team of UFRA and his companion AI driver!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-asVEWjU3Lk

Watch as we perform flips, drifts, and at the :33 sec mark what I like to call the tornado!! :lol :lol

Inspired by Mechanical Snowman's race track video.

I can see myself doing that for hours.

I just hit the 15 hour mark and only 12% complete. Probably the best sandbox game I've ever played.

UFRA said:

Watch as we perform flips, drifts, and at the :33 sec mark what I like to call the tornado!! :lol :lol

Do a Barrel Role!!

15wcmtt.jpg

:lol :lol

Linkzg said:
oh man, I just checked this place out and it is great.

Car does a flip, lands upside down, and another car jumps off of it like it's a ramp :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXdgIOuZWmc
Oh. My. God :lol :lol :lol

CloudV

Apologies if this has been addressed before, but has it been confirmed that the US edition works fine on a JP system? As in the O and X button issue that was present in the demo has been fixed? Debating on running down to Akihabara this week and picking this up, had a lot of fun with the demo, despite being gimped with the buttons:lol

Spirit3

My lord. I was zipping across the country side and decided to grapple to a car. Mid process I changed my mind and pressed the parachute button. I hovered alright but no parachute. I was a man with the ability to levitate through the air. It was a glorious moment for all of humanity. Then I grew tired of this marvel and landed on the ground to continue committing terrible crimes to the citizens on Panua.

Puck

Banned
Fuck, this game just feels so right.

I am on the 2nd mission and i am just driving / flying / parachuting around like I would in a GTA game, but i am having so much more fun with this. It feels like i am playing GTA3 for the first time again. Endless opportunities to just do fun shit.

Roelatie

VibratingDonkey said:
Why do helicopters not fly straight? It bothers me something fierce.
its possible, When in air, dont press any button and you will see that you are not gaining or losing altitude. Just press forward and you will fly straight without lifting or crashing.

WOW just found the ski piste. Damn that jump is awesome!

Love this game and love the movies you guys make. Its pretty cool that everyone has its own unique playing style. This way i see stuff i never thought of before and vica versa.

Does anyone here ever find civilians just standing there in what I would call a "Jesus pose?" (Arms straight out, looking straight ahead, not moving an inch.)

I can post a picture if need be.

MNC

God damn, I never knew the demo held any missions :lol Did the Can I Get a Witness mission, I finally got some chase scenes you kept seeing in the youtube videos. :D

Dynoro

VibratingDonkey said:
Erm...they do fly straight; at least for me - they are just unbelievably slow after using the jets to get around

Dave1988

Neuromancer said:
Does anyone here ever find civilians just standing there in what I would call a "Jesus pose?" (Arms straight out, looking straight ahead, not moving an inch.)

I can post a picture if need be.

It's the "T" pose that's used in modelling characters. Just another glitch.

That racetrack looks awesome, I need to go check that out. :D

I beat the game the other night, but I'm still chugging away at Mercenary Mode (about ~46% completion) and having a blast. Just finished discovering all the locations, which was a cool milestone. In most open-world games I would have given up by this point, but it's still a lot of fun to just explore the environment and gawk at the beautiful scenery.

One thing I really love about a game this open is that the mission areas are never arbitrarily "locked" away -- they're just effectively hidden because the world is so big that half the time you won't find them without the game pointing out their location. It's kind of a minor thing, but I wish more games did it this well. I just did the mission at the
space center
and it was awesome to find such an elaborate setpiece that I had never noticed before, even though I'd probably flown right past it half a dozen times.

Neuromancer said:
^How much harder is Mercenary mode? I'm wondering if I should make a save before the end of the game so I can screw around easier.
It's not any harder. It's not even a new mode really, it just lets you keep playing missions and completing locations after you beat the main story, and it shows your % completed after each thing you finish.

Denzar

UFRA said:

Please. Do tell me where I can find this place. :D

Need shit like that for my compilation video (which is not progressing as nicely as I would have hoped.).

Deepack said:
Please. Do tell me where I can find this place. :D

Need shit like that for my compilation video (which is not progressing as nicely as I would have hoped.).
Co-ords are X:9170 Y:11413, directly East of Panau City Park District, on a small island called Bandar Selekeh.

UFRA

Dynoro said:
Erm...they do fly straight; at least for me - they are just unbelievably slow after using the jets to get around

No, he doesn't mean literally.

I think he means, why do helicopters fly while turned to the side and crap like that. It bothers me too. The best solution I found was to line it up facing the direction you want to go, then click the "look behind" button, then back again and the camera will be right behind the chopper and not at an angle.

This video is a perfect example of the choppers flying weirdly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VG-5y9z53k

FuttBuck's video posted earlier. It's a plane crash but the way he was flying annoyed me greatly. LOL :lol

Sanic

If you just hold forward with the choppers, it seems to me they don't fly as fast as if they're gaining or loosing altitude as well? Or am I imagining that?

Chrange

Banned
UFRA said:
No, he doesn't mean literally.

I think he means, why do helicopters fly while turned to the side and crap like that. It bothers me too. The best solution I found was to line it up facing the direction you want to go, then click the "look behind" button, then back again and the camera will be right behind the chopper and not at an angle.

This video is a perfect example of the choppers flying weirdly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VG-5y9z53k

FuttBuck's video posted earlier. It's a plane crash but the way he was flying annoyed me greatly. LOL :lol

You can have it flying 'straight' - just rotate the camera around a little. Left stick controls the left/right lean, right stick influences (if not controls) where the camera positions.

UFRA

Pandoracell said:
If you just hold forward with the choppers, it seems to me they don't fly as fast as if they're gaining or loosing altitude as well? Or am I imagining that?

I think it's just as fast when you're only holding forward. It's just the sound of the engine running faster when you're climbing that makes it seem like you'd be going faster.

I always felt that descending felt like I was slowing down even though I was still holding forward. However, I put a waypoint on the map in front of me and I seemed to be closing the distance at the same rate as when I was only holding forward.

EL Beefo

VibratingDonkey said:

I think it's supposed to make it easier to aim. If they flew straight, the helicopter would be in the way of the sights, but by turning sideways you can see what you are aiming at. You might also notice that unarmed helicopters do fly straight, since you don't need to aim with them.

Top Bottom