• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

UFRA

EL Beefo said:
I think it's supposed to make it easier to aim. If they flew straight, the helicopter would be in the way of the sights, but by turning sideways you can see what you are aiming at. You might also notice that unarmed helicopters do fly straight, since you don't need to aim with them.

But look at the video in post 2394. It's a civilian helicopter flying crooked.

I've noticed that all choppers behave in a similar way when it comes to the whole flying sideways thing. Some worse than others.

Klocker

anybody else increase the sensitivity of controller (360)

bumped mine up quite a bit and enjoying it even that much more

Sanic

Klocker said:
anybody else increase the sensitivity of controller (360)

bumped mine up quite a bit and enjoying it even that much more

Yeah definatley, defaults were too low for me.

Darklord

Banned
I just spent 30 minutes Hot Air ballooning up to the highest point. Jumped off and base jumped over 6000 meters...and hit the water and died. Apparently when you die it doesn't count.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Jaroof

Dave1988 said:
It's the "T" pose that's used in modelling characters. Just another glitch.

It's pretty funny when this happens..
Also, I got Kratos to do that "T" pose in the GoW3 demo. Pretty great.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
What are your main guns?
I usually go with two pistols (fully upgraded) and the heavy machine gun.

Jaroof

K2Valor said:
What are your main guns?

Fully upgraded submachine guns and either heavy machine gun or a rocket launcher.

K2Valor said:
What are your main guns?
Assault rifle, submachine gun, and sawed off shotty for me.

Grenades and C4 are all the explosives I usually need.

NinjaBoiX

Needs me some of this game! Those youtube links are awesome, anyone know if they were uploaded from a ps3? Def the one to go for by all accounts, youtube support and generally better performance. :D

DemonNite

Neuromancer said:
Haha awesome.

I wonder if the 360 version will ever get Youtube support patched in. I thought it was only in the Ps3 because of technical limitations of Xbox Live being a closed system but according to Avalanche it's just an exclusive feature for whatever reason.

The reason is because the PS3 has integrated the youtube APIs for devs to use (since 2008 or so) so it was fairly straight forward to support

out0v0rder said:
Ok, you got me. I raised my sensitivity too. The game itself wasn't offering enough of a challenge and putting butter on my fingers to make things tougher was getting messy. I'm glad I could replicate the experience with the PS3 controller.

Dave1988 said:
Has anybody here 100% the Residential District in Panau City? I'm stuck at 93% :(
Yep :D Hardly any advice to give though as it could be anything. I think in order of % it goes:

Petrol stations > Statues > Water Tower / Upgrade box, so you're either missing a couple of big things or about 7 / 8 of those small water towers. My advice is to get on the tallest building and take a look around below. It will be blurry but you should be able to make out some things, Petrol stations look like dark grey rooftops with a red strip around them.

Klocker

K2Valor said:
What are your main guns?

MG or sniper and dual wield sub machine guns... have not upgraded them yet so they are still 1 star :D but man, dual wielding subs when the going gets hot and heavy is like bullet rain to the face of De En-e-ME. :lol

UFRA

K2Valor said:
What are your main guns?

Lv.6 Assault Rifle, Lv.6 Rico's Signature Pistol on my right leg, Lv.6 SMG on my left leg.

Also got my TE's and Grenades to Lv.6. :D

Darklord said:
I just spent 30 minutes Hot Air ballooning up to the highest point. Jumped off and base jumped over 6000 meters...and hit the water and died. Apparently when you die it doesn't count.

Just FYI in order for a base jump to count you have to open your parachute. If you just hit the water/ground that won't do it. So even if you survived the water impact you would have wasted your time. :/ lol

Dave1988

Mechanical Snowman said:
Yep :D Hardly any advice to give though as it could be anything. I think in order of % it goes:

Petrol stations > Statues > Water Tower / Upgrade box, so you're either missing a couple of big things or about 7 / 8 of those small water towers. My advice is to get on the tallest building and take a look around below. It will be blurry but you should be able to make out some things, Petrol stations look like dark grey rooftops with a red strip around them.

Found a few more things on the lands located close to the city but now I'm stuck at 97%. Arrrghhh....

Filldough

Darklord said:

Well, this answers my question about how people were getting 6k base jumps on the stats site :)

Seriously I base jumped every point I could find and getting 1,000 meters was ridiculous, 6k was blowing my mind though. Now I guess I just need to find the hot air balloon...

Dave1988 said:
Found a few more things on the lands located close to the city but now I'm stuck at 97%. Arrrghhh....
The worst thing is being stuck at 100% :lol I guess it's actually something like 99.6 but it rounds it up, it's infuriating seeing "100%" but not having the tick on the icon.

Damn I'm just obsessed with Bandar Selekeh Track, I airlifted in some neat vehicles and I'm just cruising with the other racers. It's hilarious when the soldiers try and shoot out our tyres as we go past.

bathala

Banned
Neuromancer said:
Haha awesome.

I wonder if the 360 version will ever get Youtube support patched in. I thought it was only in the Ps3 because of technical limitations of Xbox Live being a closed system but according to Avalanche it's just an exclusive feature for whatever reason.

if that happens. I'll ditch my Ps3 version, but I doubt it

So from what I've seen this game looks like GTA but air orientated?

It looks interesting and I'm thinking about picking it up. Might wait for a price drop perhaps.

Ding

For Pete's sake, the helicopters can and do fly perfectly straight if you to tell them to fly straight! Most of the time, the camera will be somewhere besides directly behind the chopper, so I suppose that is what is confusing some people.

Question: How do the races work? I've only found a couple of them so far, and they both seem to be air races. I flew a plane over the top of one of them, but precisely nothing happened. What's the trick? What is supposed to happen?

Sanic

Another camera complaint: I don't like how it automatically goes back to the default orientation after a few moments if you stop moving it.

GHG

Gold Member
Ding said:
For Pete's sake, the helicopters can and do fly perfectly straight if you to tell them to fly straight! Most of the time, the camera will be somewhere besides directly behind the chopper, so I suppose that is what is confusing some people.

Question: How do the races work? I've only found a couple of them so far, and they both seem to be air races. I flew a plane over the top of one of them, but precisely nothing happened. What's the trick? What is supposed to happen?

You're meant to drive through the markers.

UFRA said:
Lv.6 Assault Rifle, Lv.6 Rico's Signature Pistol on my right leg, Lv.6 SMG on my left leg.

Also got my TE's and Grenades to Lv.6. :D
:lol same for me , but only one difference, I have a lvl 6 revolver instead of Rico's pistol :) but the placement is the same :)

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
DualShadow said:
So from what I've seen this game looks like GTA but air orientated?

It looks interesting and I'm thinking about picking it up. Might wait for a price drop perhaps.
It is GTA but awesome-orientated.

UFRA

MrTroubleMaker said:
:lol same for me , but only one difference, I have a lvl 6 revolver instead of Rico's pistol :) but the placement is the same :)

Nice!

Such a badass setup if I might say so myself. :lol

Filldough

Ding said:

Did you activate the race before getting in the plane? You have to run up to the checkered flag and hit the requisite button before they will be active. Then enjoy the easy money! :D

Ding

Filldough said:
Did you activate the race before getting in the plane? You have to run up to the checkered flag and hit the requisite button before they will be active. Then enjoy the easy money! :D
I didn't see any planes, nor things to activate, at the only race location that I encountered "on foot". The only reason I knew it was (supposedly) a race was because that's what the map told me. Later, after I had stolen a plane elsewhere, I repeatedly flew over that location, hoping that something would happen. Nothing did.

Clearly, I need to poke around more at these locations. Thanks.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
BAH! I'm about to crack and get this game. Wish I had a PS3 so I could post Youtube videos. That was great idea for marketing. It's definitely made me want the game more.

Guys I need some help getting into this game.

The gameplay is fun and the graphics nice but im having issues with destorying places 100%. I find that ill turn up at a settlement or a base and with the goal of destroying everything but ive got shitall ammo, guns and explosives.

Should I be doing the main missions first to make cash and then upgrade my weapons?

Whats the best way?

man, i just have to share this thing that just went down.

so i just did the mission where you have to hijack the limo with thane in it and deliver him. i spent forever going down windy roads towards the objective once i was driving the limo, until some dickass soldiers forced me off the road and down into the jungle. the handling was rapidly degrading as my ride got wrecked, and i got it wedged between two big stumps.

so i grappled back up to the road, stole a military truck, drove it down into the forest and found the limo, with thane sitting in the back with the door blown off, none the wiser. i then used the truck to tow the limo out of its spot. i hopped back in the limo, agonizingly navigated another giant stretch of jungle with the handling totally dead, falling down hills and crashing through trees, then finally made it back to a road.

i was immediately swarmed by more soldiers, as i ambled towards the objective, barely being able to steer. literally as soon as it was in sight, flames started shooting out the limo (i had expected it to blow ages ago), and i thought it would comedically end there. i was way past the point of having any confidence. but i barreled top speed towards the return spot, and bailed out the second i drove through it. as what's-her-face-faction-chick was thanking me for returning him in the outro dialogue, the limo was busy exploding everywhere with him still inside. but it counted.

one of the best gaming moments i've had in a loooong time.

TheVampire said:
Guys I need some help getting into this game.

The gameplay is fun and the graphics nice but im having issues with destorying places 100%. I find that ill turn up at a settlement or a base and with the goal of destroying everything but ive got shitall ammo, guns and explosives.

Should I be doing the main missions first to make cash and then upgrade my weapons?

Whats the best way?

1. Start SMALL. Never go after a military base/compound unless you have a chopper first, or expect to take a beating.

2. Go after the civilian villages, and towns first. Collect all the boxes, and leave destroying anything for the end so you can make a quick getaway.

3. Get a vehicle and travel the highways. On pretty much EVERY overpass or bridge are weapon, and vehicle parts at the foot of the pillars holding it up. That's an easy way to rack up 10-15 boxes in like 20 minutes.

4. Never dual wield, and try to use the weapons that a majority of the soldiers carry. Default pistol, the submachine gun, the sniper rifle, etc. Don't use what little amount of grenades you have on these soldiers either, they are much more useful dealing with the SAM sites, radio towers, water towers, etc.

5. You can save ammo by melee attacking the Generators/Transformers. Don't use bullets for those, especially before you can carry more ammo.

6. Once again, NEVER go after a military base without an attack chopper. One of the Strongholds will eventually lead you to a base with attack choppers on it. REMEMBER THOSE BASES.

7. Don't try to kill all the soldiers. RUNNING IS OK. Get behind cover constantly, and slingshot your way around the base only dealing with IMMEDIATE threats, or Rocket/Sniper soldiers.

8. Once you start to collect weapon boxes, upgrade ONLY the weapons that you can find ammo for. You can always upgrade the Rocket Launcher later, start with the pistol, and the 2 grenade types.

Harteex

Pandoracell said:
What was the reason they gave?

Quote from Eurogamer:

The PS3 version of Just Cause 2 allows you to record and upload videos to YouTube, and thus document your wacky stunt-filled adventure. But why did this not appear on Xbox 360?

"It was decided it was going to be an exclusive feature," said Johansson. "You know how it can be in the business."

Cahill

Banned
Ding said:
I didn't see any planes, nor things to activate, at the only race location that I encountered "on foot". The only reason I knew it was (supposedly) a race was because that's what the map told me. Later, after I had stolen a plane elsewhere, I repeatedly flew over that location, hoping that something would happen. Nothing did.

Clearly, I need to poke around more at these locations. Thanks.

Like the other guy said, you need to activate the race by walking up to the checkered flag on the ground and hitting a button... you can't activate it while in a vehicle. Then hop into your plane/car - one will spawn for you to use but I always use my own ;)

Dave1988 said:
Has anybody here 100% the Residential District in Panau City? I'm stuck at 93% :(

Is that the spot right by the docs? Took a while to clear that one if it is. My last thing was a water tower almost at ground level. The longest one for me was a small frickin' military base early in the game. I spent 2+ hours looking for one last item and figured the game glitched on me. Next day I found it well outside the actual area in some grass near a hut. Grrrr... lesson learned.

Top Bottom