• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

crispyben

I just went for the "Bridge Limbo" Trophy/Achievement, and it was so awesome to fly around Panau at sunset, scoping out bridges and swooping down, barely fitting through the supports in some of them, and then at night, getting through them thanks to the waypoint mostly :D Of course, I discovered that the bridges register even if you crash on them :lol

I still have 25+ faction missions to tackle, that should bring me closer to the rest of the remaining trophies, which are along the line of "more sabotages, more items". This game is just huge, the game clock says 38 hours but I know I messed up with save files, so that must be around 50 at least, and I must be below 30% completion :O

jet1911

2nvqdc1.png

There are a lot of pretty cool mod for this game. :D

Any tips for the stunt flyer achievement? I've tried it over water and it really isn't working, because one mistake and bam... you're either dead or too high for it to count. Is there a highway that I can fly over for 30 seconds straight without worrying about crashing? :lol

Bah, this sucks. I picked up all the faction items except for one black box, and it's not showing up anywhere on my map. Either one of them glitched and didn't count, or there's a blue dot hidden somewhere on my map where it's perfectly camouflaged against the background.

It's probably not worth going for 100% anyway, but I'm really close and I just want another excuse to keep playing this game.

GeoramA

Platinum'd! Probably my favorite game this gen so far. Definitely the funnest!

Revolutionary said:
Any tips for the stunt flyer achievement? I've tried it over water and it really isn't working, because one mistake and bam... you're either dead or too high for it to count. Is there a highway that I can fly over for 30 seconds straight without worrying about crashing? :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGlQ___3iWw

This video helped me out.

Drewsky

Bebpo said:
Man, imagine this game if the buildings were like Red Faction Guerilla and could shatter into a million pieces :O
Mixing my two favorite sandbox games this generation would be fantastic.

UFRA

Revolutionary said:

Just use the slowest plane (the Peek Airhawk) and then find a freeway and fly over it.

Although I did it in the desert where there's more flat terrain, and I just flew over a small road.

G-Bus

Banned
Just picked this up last week. Pretty fun. Haven't even bothered doing any missions yet. Mostly just driving around blowing shit up, exploring. Going way up in a heli and jumping out/skydiving is the most fun I've had. Trying to get back into the heli can by a lot of fun too :lol

One thing I would love to see added as DLC is a wing suit type thing to wear for skydiving. Fuck, I would even pay for something like that.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, something like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cs-zZ0Qu5Y&feature=related

According to Major Nelson, the Black Market Aerial Pack will be available on April 29 for 160 points. I'm guessing it's a parachute pack?

Edit: "The pack features a F-33 DragonFly Jet Fighter, Dual Parachute Thrusters and a Multi-lock Missile Launcher"

Source

Yeah I'm getting this bad boy, the thrusters sound like a lot of fun.

Denzar

Goddamn, so close to finishing up my video but I still need more explosions! Can anyone tell me where to find some big mutha explosions?

Like a jet exploding or bigger...

Deepack said:
Goddamn, so close to finishing up my video but I still need more explosions! Can anyone tell me where to find some big mutha explosions?

My suggestion would be to find a refinery or some other site with a lot of explodable structures then go crazy with the upgraded C4. You could get quite a few thing to blow up at the same time that way.

Sanic

Neuromancer said:
According to Major Nelson, the Black Market Aerial Pack will be available on April 29 for 160 points. I'm guessing it's a parachute pack?

Edit: "The pack features a F-33 DragonFly Jet Fighter, Dual Parachute Thrusters and a Multi-lock Missile Launcher"

Source

Looks nice, will consider purchasing it whenever I get back to JC2. Thanks for the info.

Tendo

So this game is awesome. Planning on restarting on casual though just so I survive a bit longer to blow up more stuffs. Which faction is the most fun to hook up with?

Filldough

Neuromancer said:

Source

I think I'll have to pick this up as well. Dual thrusters sound awesome. Multi-lock missile launcher sounds good too!

DaveKap

Banned
Tendo said:
So this game is awesome. Planning on restarting on casual though just so I survive a bit longer to blow up more stuffs. Which faction is the most fun to hook up with?
There's no real difference between them other than their missions and the locations they take over (which in turn allows for respawn locations that are closer to wherever you die.) I'd say the most fun missions come from the Ular Boys. Once you actually have the game, though, you'll probably just trip over the missions at random instead of actually be determinate about what you do next. It's just too much fun to roam around and sandbox. :D

Klocker

finished the story today.... 45 hours in at 32% :lol

just having way too much fun doing other stuff.... only have about 89 locations cleared and lots of faction missions left.

I thought BC2 would occupy all my time and i might get bored after 12 hours or so.... nah.... best sandbox fun yet this gen

reetva

Banned
Deepack said:

The skull/horseshoe island in the middle of the map has a crapton of silos that are good for a big boom or twenty. :D

vanty

reetva said:
The skull/horseshoe island in the middle of the map has a crapton of silos that are good for a big boom or twenty. :D
I just did that island, at night, in a fully upgraded attack chopper. So good :D Probably about 10 SAMs to deal with, a couple hit me, but the chopper held up and I was able to clean up the whole island. Kind of wish I could fix it all up and blow it all up again with a big flak cannon I found on top of something around the middle base.

DemonNite

Neuromancer said:

Source

looks like the SE community manager teased the thrusters here

http://www.twitvid.com/9QTAX

Wizpig

I just tried the game and ... obligatory OMG WTF BEST GAME EVER.

Why didn't you tell me how this game was, Gaf?
I now want to impulse buy this.
Can I skip the first one? should I skip the first one?
edit. Ok, FAQ says no.
edit2. "No" about having to buy it, I mean :lol thanks brain stew and pandora

Sanic

Wizpig said:
I just tried the game and ... obligatory OMG WTF BEST GAME EVER.

Why didn't you tell me how this game was, Gaf?
I now want to impulse buy this.
Can I skip the first one? should I skip the first one?
edit. Ok, FAQ says no.

Gaf isn't a person :p But yes you can and should skip the first one.

looks like the SE community manager teased the thrusters here

http://www.twitvid.com/9QTAX

Terrible of them to do that.

Ding

Can someone explain how the black market upgrades work? I understand that if I upgrade (say) the submachine gun to four stars, and then buy a submachine gun, I'll get the nice four star version. But does that mean all the submachine guns already out in the world will also be upgraded? I suppose not...

Wait, that's a poor example. What if I upgrade the frag grenades. I can obviously buy those upgraded grenades, but what about the grenades I occasionally find in ammo boxes? Are they automatically upgraded when I pick them up? Or, is it possible to be holding a mix of one and four star grenades?

And what about vehicles? Do all the vehicles of that type/model become upgraded when I encounter them out in the world, or do I need to buy one of them in order to see the advantages? Right now, I just steal attack choppers from some bases I've liberated. Are the black market versions better? Would buying upgrades make those "base choppers" any better?

(I haven't upgraded or purchased a single vehicle yet, because it seems like a terrible waste of money. My vehicles don't tend to last very long!)

hauton

Upgrading weapons is for sure "permanent".

As in, the moment you upgrade nades, all nades are upgraded. Including the ones you already had and the ones you pick up.

Not too sure about vehicles. I think every vehicle that SPAWNS after you upgrade is upgraded.

Volcynika

Got my PC copy from Newegg yesterday, looooooove Steamworks.

I've done the first two missions and gone through some settlements, but a quick question. When/Where am I able to get some more C4? There are some SAMs or something I need to take out in one of the bases I found, but I can't find any other way to bring them down.

Game's awesome, btw.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Volcynika said:
Got my PC copy from Newegg yesterday, looooooove Steamworks.

I've done the first two missions and gone through some settlements, but a quick question. When/Where am I able to get some more C4? There are some SAMs or something I need to take out in one of the bases I found, but I can't find any other way to bring them down.

Game's awesome, btw.
You can buy more triggered explosives at the black market but you can blowup the SAMs with regular grenades as well.

Volcynika

Vic said:
You can buy more triggered explosives at the black market but you can blowup the SAMs with regular grenades as well.

Hm, I threw a couple at it but I didn't see any noticeable damage. I'll try again this evening.

Zertez

G-Bus said:
Just picked this up last week. Pretty fun. Haven't even bothered doing any missions yet. Mostly just driving around blowing shit up, exploring. Going way up in a heli and jumping out/skydiving is the most fun I've had. Trying to get back into the heli can by a lot of fun too :lol

One thing I would love to see added as DLC is a wing suit type thing to wear for skydiving. Fuck, I would even pay for something like that.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, something like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cs-zZ0Qu5Y&feature=related
I would buy the dlc if they put a wing suit in. I saw a special on 60 minutes about wing suits several months ago. It was crazy how close they flew next to the rock face. They said in the past they tried to get as far out as possible, but now they fly as close as it is safe, so they can get a better idea on how fast they are going.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'll definitely get the DLC but where are the Jet ski's?
They should have been in the game already but I'm willing to buy them at a high price, this game needs Jet ski's.

Net_Wrecker said:
Yup. Once I figured out water counted I just flew into the never ending horizon for like 2 minutes.:lol

The only thing about flying over the water is that if you hit the water you're toast!
If you take a peek over the sandy coasts it registers just as easily and is much, much safer.

Colkate said:
I think you can one shot SAM sites with a 3 star grenade, so long as it goes off right next to it.

If you jump up onto the platform and do the little underhanded drop toss it will one hit kill it. I think you're right in regards to 3 star being the first "one hit kill" on the sams. Obviously once you get the 6 star you can get a bit willy nilly.

I reached 98.02% complete with all settlements completed (I coated the last water tower with about 14 C4'S :lol ) but im guessing there is no reward for hitting 100%

Also, is it just me or is the sniper mission you do for BO LOH SAN TOH ZEE actually a sly reference to gurren laggan? It seems like a bit of a coincedence that you have a sniper mission in a base called "gurun lanun." Of course mock if this has already been brought up, but i searched the thread high and low and didnt see any reference.

Onion_Relish said:
The only thing about flying over the water is that if you hit the water you're toast!
If you take a peek over the sandy coasts it registers just as easily and is much, much safer.

If you jump up onto the platform and do the little underhanded drop toss it will one hit kill it. I think you're right in regards to 3 star being the first "one hit kill" on the sams. Obviously once you get the 6 star you can get a bit willy nilly.

I reached 98.02% complete with all settlements completed (I coated the last water tower with about 14 C4'S :lol ) but im guessing there is no reward for hitting 100%

Also, is it just me or is the sniper mission you do for BO LOH SAN TOH ZEE actually a sly reference to gurren laggan? It seems like a bit of a coincedence that you have a sniper mission in a base called "gurun lanun." Of course mock if this has already been brought up, but i searched the thread high and low and didnt see any reference.
:lol Oh my god dude. How many hours have you logged?

Snuggler said:
I'll definitely get the DLC but where are the Jet ski's?
They should have been in the game already but I'm willing to buy them at a high price, this game needs Jet ski's.
Yeah dude I agree. It was a glaring omission.

What would be great in just cause 3 would be more stuff to do, ie a tobbogan run in the ski resort, mountain bikes and a downhill timed course, basically loads of mini games, they wouldn't have to be mindblowing, just fun.

Jamesearlcash said:
What would be great in just cause 3 would be more stuff to do, ie a tobbogan run in the ski resort, mountain bikes and a downhill timed course, basically loads of mini games, they wouldn't have to be mindblowing, just fun.
Yeah you know at that ski resort, I was thinking how badass it would have been to be able to strap a snowboard or a pair of skis on and bomb down the hill.

Top Bottom